PDA

View Full Version : Team 0’s Negative Ads Against Palin

Janice
03-13-2012, 01:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeaM4t2Ycgk

Team Obama’s Negative Ads Against Palin (http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2012/03/12/obama-palin-negative-ads/)

The Obama campaign wishes so badly it could run against a divisive national figure like Sarah Palin that it’s decided to just pretend it actually is. Here’s Obama’s latest ad, which attacks Palin for calling him a radical.

The strategy of attacking Palin – who is still influential with the conservative base but increasingly marginal in the Republican Party – could be chalked up to Obama’s nostalgia for the 2008 campaign. But it also seems remarkably similar to a communications strategy the White House orchestrated back in 2009, when it tried to elevate another polarizing figure, Rush Limbaugh, to the position of “de facto” Republican leader, thus forcing congressional Republicans to respond to his inflammatory comments. >>>

Come to think of it, this seems to bear a close resemblance to how the White House and Democrats manufactured the whole Susan Fluke/Rush Limbaugh controversy during the past few weeks. >>>

Maybe the anti-Sarah Palin campaign video really is just a sign the Obama team is in completely desperate straits and simply has nothing else to run on or against. But I wouldn’t be surprised if Democrats start trying to emphasize Palin’s influence in the Republican Party, and call on Romney, Santorum, et al, to condemn her comments in the coming weeks.

---------------------------------

Looks like the moonbats are luvin this. But lookin at the video, seems like it would be a great campaign ad for repubs with 1/2 the stones this woman has. I know, I know ... eunuchs are running the GOP now.

noonwitch
03-13-2012, 02:26 PM
As Palin isn't running in this cycle, and the spot does have her making at least one stupid statement (the first black president wants to return America to the days before the Civil War), my guess is that the intent of this ad is to use her to paint all conservatives with the "stupid" brush.

Whether it works on the public or just pisses off conservatives is a different matter.

wannaberocker
03-13-2012, 02:49 PM
Well its also funny that this is not from a superpac. Its from Obama's own campaign.

Janice
03-13-2012, 03:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/24szJ.png

I understand the regime needs something to deflect from the real issues today but it is curious that a re-election campaign is running ads against somebody who is not even running.

As you say, it seems 0bama strategists dont believe they have much (a record) to run ON, so they instead try to paint all republicans as stupid or whatever by proxy (somebody who is not even running for orifice).

Or they invent victims (because of evil republicans) that they can come in to rescue.

Fascinating.

Janice
03-13-2012, 05:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/X55pb.jpg

Palin replied with a response on Facebook. She basically said that Obama just opened the door, and she's charging in.

Just off the top of my head, a few of these concerning issues include: a debt crisis that has us hurdling towards a Greek-style collapse, entitlement programs going bankrupt, a credit downgrade for the first time in our history, a government takeover of the health care industry that makes care more expensive and puts a rationing panel of faceless bureaucrats between you and your doctor (aka a “death panel”), $4 and $5 gas at the pump exacerbated by an anti-drilling agenda that rejects good paying energy sector jobs and makes us more dependent on dangerous foreign regimes, a war in Afghanistan that seems unfocused and unending, a global presidential apology tour that’s made us look feeble and ridiculous, a housing market in the tank, the longest streak of high unemployment since World War II, private-sector job creators and industry strangled by burdensome regulations and an out-of-control Obama EPA, an attack on the Constitutional protection of religious liberty, an attack on private industry in right-to-work states, crony capitalism run amok in an administration in bed with their favored cronies to the detriment of genuine free market capitalism, green energy pay-to-play kickbacks to Obama campaign donors, and a Justice Department still stonewalling on a bungled operation that armed violent Mexican drug lords and led to the deaths of hundreds of innocent people.

Hawkgirl
03-13-2012, 06:50 PM
Just another deflection from Obama. He can't run on the economy, so he picks a Republican figure head and tries to divert attention to her. I don't believe it will work.

It's the economy, stupid.

Elspeth
03-13-2012, 07:22 PM
Palin replied with a response on Facebook. She basically said that Obama just opened the door, and she's charging in.

This may be exactly what Obama wants. Palin might be better off ignoring this crap and taking a back seat. If Obama can make Palin the issue, maybe no one will notice that Romney isn't Palin.

Janice
03-13-2012, 08:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Muw9v.jpg

This may be exactly what Obama wants. Palin might be better off ignoring this crap and taking a back seat. If Obama can make Palin the issue, maybe no one will notice that Romney isn't Palin.

I believe that no matter what he does or how hard he tries, this election is going to be about 0bama. Period. Most of us intuitively know this. Hopefully the hapless GOP girlie-men will figure this out too before it is too late.

Zeus
03-13-2012, 08:46 PM

I Think Palins reply to the ad was spot on. To bad she made it as a FB post instead of a general media reply.