PDA

View Full Version : Online, liberals far less tolerant than normal people

Teetop
03-13-2012, 02:56 PM
Wow! What a surprise! (Not...) (http://news.investors.com/article/604124/201203130802/pew-center-study-of-american-online-habits.htm)

Not exactly shocking news for those exposed to them for years, but the respected Pew Research Center has determined that political liberals are far less tolerant of opposing views than regular Americans.

In a new study, the Pew Center for the Internet and American Life Project confirmed what most intelligent Americans had long sensed. That is, whenever they are challenged or confronted on the hollow falsity of their orthodoxy -- such as, say, uniting diverse Americans -- liberals tend to respond defensively with anger, even trying to shut off or silence critics. (i.e. photo above of President Obama reacting to Boston hecklers.)

The new research found that instead of engaging in civil discourse or debate, fully 16% of liberals admitted to blocking, unfriending or overtly hiding someone on a social networking site because that person expressed views they disagreed with. That's double the percentage of conservatives and more than twice the percentage of political moderates who behaved like that.

I was wondering why a few of my FB friends dumped me..... LMAO!

noonwitch
03-13-2012, 03:48 PM
I totally believe it, that's why I don't post over at DU anymore. I think part of it is that a good number of the DUers are either young in age or immature in mind (or both). Any 40 year old who hasn't decided on a career or a sexual orientation is probably not mature enough to handle any challenge to his worldview.

AmPat
03-13-2012, 03:58 PM
I totally believe it, that's why I don't post over at DU anymore. I think part of it is that a good number of the DUers are either young in age or immature in mind (or both). Any 40 year old who hasn't decided on a career or a sexual orientation is probably not mature enough to handle any challenge to his worldview.
It's easy to tell right away; if they have Orange Cheeto stains on their hands, they are hopeless, mommy's basement dwelling moonbats. The Cheeto stains are pervasive and can also be found on the front of their shirt, their nose, and their underwear.

hai
03-13-2012, 04:03 PM
I think it's pretty much this.

http://tcritic.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/greaterdickwad.jpg

It's even happening in online games,one person one time actually threatened violence against me in a online game,and i reported the person for doing so and nothing happened to the person for it.

It's even happening on sites like Youtube,where you see comments on videos that would get someone in trouble IRL.

Odysseus
03-13-2012, 07:03 PM
http://www1.ibdcd.com/images/Icom_Logo.png (http://news.investors.com/Default.aspx)

By ANDREW MALCOLM
Posted 08:02 AM ET

Not exactly shocking news for those exposed to them for years, but the respected Pew Research Center has determined that political liberals are far less tolerant of opposing views than regular Americans.

In a new study, the Pew Center for the Internet and American Life Project confirmed what most intelligent Americans had long sensed. That is, whenever they are challenged or confronted on the hollow falsity of their orthodoxy -- such as, say, uniting diverse Americans -- liberals tend to respond defensively with anger, even trying to shut off or silence critics. (i.e. photo above of President Obama reacting to Boston hecklers.)

The new research (http://www.pewinternet.org/Reports/2012/Social-networking-and-politics/Main-findings/Social-networking-sites-and-politics.aspx) found that instead of engaging in civil discourse or debate, fully 16% of liberals admitted to blocking, unfriending or overtly hiding someone on a social networking site because that person expressed views they disagreed with. That's double the percentage of conservatives and more than twice the percentage of political moderates who behaved like that.

The proportion jumps even higher when someone on a social site disagrees with a liberal's post.
Only 1% of moderates would block or shut out someone who dared to disagree with them, compared to 11% of liberals, whose rate was nearly three times that of conservatives.

The same 11% of liberals would block or unfriend people who offended them by daring to argue about political issues, vs 6% and 7% for other political views.

Liberals (14%) even blocked or shut out those they deemed posted too frequently on politics, vs 8% and 9% for moderates and conservatives, respectively.

Of those who dropped or shunned someone over political disagreements, Pew asked a follow-up question:

-- 21% of them blocked, unfriended or hid a coworker,
-- 31% blocked, unfriended or hid a (formerly) close personal friend,
-- and 18% blocked, unfriended or hid an actual family member.

Bottomline, this study is obviously racist.

http://news.investors.com/article/604124/201203130802/pew-center-study-of-american-online-habits.htm

Zathras
03-13-2012, 07:48 PM
Those 16% of liberals polled...what's their DU Names?

Now c'mon...you were thinking that too. :friendly_wink:

hai
03-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Those 16% of liberals polled...what's their DU Names?

Now c'mon...you were thinking that too. :friendly_wink:

I used to be on DU,but not anymore. I've sent a email to Skinner asking him why i got removed,but i've never been answered. I know if some company like Mc Donalds ignored customers like this when they want a refund,then they would be out of business. What ever happened to customer service? One time i decided i didn't want something at a store,and first the clerk said he would only give me credit back,and after a while he bent the rules of the store and gave me cash back. What happened to the customer is always right?

Lager
03-15-2012, 05:34 PM
Skinner isn't interested in providing service to you of any kind. He makes money off of providing a place where like minded individuals can foment hatred and stew in each other's juices. He's not interested in being customer oriented. The minions like it that people get banned, cut-off or cut loose without any legitimate reason or explanation. They like it that there's no debate or discussion with opposing viewpoints. He's got to think more of the hive than the individual insect.

hai
03-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Skinner isn't interested in providing service to you of any kind. He makes money off of providing a place where like minded individuals can foment hatred and stew in each other's juices. He's not interested in being customer oriented. The minions like it that people get banned, cut-off or cut loose without any legitimate reason or explanation. They like it that there's no debate or discussion with opposing viewpoints. He's got to think more of the hive than the individual insect.

Yeah,there are a few things i don't even support. Like one time i mentioned about how abortion is wrong and i got attacked for it.

MeneTekelParsin
03-18-2012, 01:20 AM
I just shared the article on Facebook. It seemed like the logical thing to do. Let's see how many friends I lose. :-)