PDA

View Full Version : Stop Being an EGGHEAD, Newt, and GET OUT!

mike128
03-13-2012, 11:38 PM
I really like Newt Gingrich. I do have a lot of problems with Newt, but overall, I truly believe that Newt is overall, a conservative. And I have always liked him.

But the people have spoken. The clear conservative alternative to Massachusetts Liberal Flip-Flop Romney is now Rick Santorum. Rick has now won 10 states, compared to Romney's 14 states. If Newt had done the honorable thing before Super Tuesday, he would have dropped out before Ohio, and Rick would have won 11 states. We need Rick to win Texas. And if Gingrich is still in the race, according to RealClearPolitics.com, Romney beats Santorum by 2% with Gingrich taking 19% of the conservative vote. The total delegates at stake in Texas are 155. Even in liberal New York, with 95 delegates at stake, Santorum would still have a fighting chance if Newt was out of the race, according to the latest Siena late-February poll.

So it's time to get out, Newt, and endorse Rick Santorum. Do it for the sake of the direction of the conservative movement within the Republican Party.

Novaheart
03-13-2012, 11:44 PM
So it's time to get out, Newt, and endorse Rick Santorum. Do it for the sake of the direction of the conservative movement within the Republican Party.

You have lost your mind. Newt is the only candidate in the Republican race who has a chance of beating Obama.

mike128
03-14-2012, 12:06 AM
You have lost your mind. Newt is the only candidate in the Republican race who has a chance of beating Obama.
Listen, Novaheart, I really like Newt. But look at the numbers in this race. Newt just lost two key states in his home territory of the South, Mississippi and Alabama. Do you REALLY want Romney as our nominee?? I think it's time for us conservatives to unite around ONE candidate to defeat Romney. And that proven candidate is now Rick Santorum. Let us both get behind Rick to defeat the Massachusetts Liberal Flip-Flopper.

Funny, I didn't even see Flip Romney even make a speech tonight. And it's 12:03am! :biggrin-new:

m00
03-14-2012, 01:04 AM
I really like Newt Gingrich. I do have a lot of problems with Newt, but overall, I truly believe that Newt is overall, a conservative. And I have always liked him.

But the people have spoken. The clear conservative alternative to Massachusetts Liberal Flip-Flop Romney is now Rick Santorum. Rick has now won 10 states, compared to Romney's 14 states. If Newt had done the honorable thing before Super Tuesday, he would have dropped out before Ohio, and Rick would have won 11 states. We need Rick to win Texas. And if Gingrich is still in the race, according to RealClearPolitics.com, Romney beats Santorum by 2% with Gingrich taking 19% of the conservative vote. The total delegates at stake in Texas are 155. Even in liberal New York, with 95 delegates at stake, Santorum would still have a fighting chance if Newt was out of the race, according to the latest Siena late-February poll.

You're really just a Democrat having a go at this board, aren't you?

mike128
03-14-2012, 01:23 AM
You're really just a Democrat having a go at this board, aren't you?
Are you REALLY THAT afraid of the moderators, m00?? You may as well just cancel your account, if you can't stand up for what you REALLY believe in. What's the point of being on here, if you can't TRULY express your honest opinion?? If you're on here just trying to 'fit in' then you're wasting your time!

m00
03-14-2012, 01:31 AM
Are you REALLY THAT afraid of the moderators, m00?? You may as well just cancel your account, if you can't stand up for what you REALLY believe in. What's the point of being on here, if you can't TRULY express your honest opinion?? If you're on here just trying to 'fit in' then you're wasting your time!

I originally joined CU in like... 2002? 2003 maybe? It was a long time ago. I think if I were going to banned from this board, it would have happened in the Bush era. I just call 'em like I see 'em. I don't mean to offend you when I say this, but there's something about you that doesn't strike me as genuine. I've been arguing on the Internets since I had a modem 2400, and when I read your posts it really raises some flags. It's like you're trying too hard to prove your conservative street cred or something. It actually sounds a bit like Romney trying to prove he's a common man.

mike128
03-14-2012, 02:07 AM
I originally joined CU in like... 2002? 2003 maybe? It was a long time ago. I think if I were going to banned from this board, it would have happened in the Bush era. I just call 'em like I see 'em. I don't mean to offend you when I say this, but there's something about you that doesn't strike me as genuine. I've been arguing on the Internets since I had a 2400 baud modem, and when I read your posts it really raises some flags. It's like you're trying too hard to prove your conservative street cred or something. It actually sounds a bit like Romney trying to prove he's a common man.
Fine. I have been on the Internet arguing conservative principles ever since I had my 1200 baud Volks modem on my Commodore 64. The liberal Newsday BBS was the first service that I had subscribed to, when I was in college. So don't try and attack me to please the moderators. It just doesn't sell.

m00
03-14-2012, 02:11 AM
Fine. I have been on the Internet arguing conservative principles ever since I had my 1200 baud Volks modem on my Commodore 64. The liberal Newsday BBS was the first service that I had subscribed to, when I was in college. So don't try and attack me to please the moderators. It just doesn't sell.

how you like them grits, ya'll? :friendly_wink:

m00
03-14-2012, 02:13 AM
Fine. I have been on the Internet arguing conservative principles ever since I had my 1200 baud Volks modem on my Commodore 64.

What conservative principles did you argue in the late 80s?

mike128
03-14-2012, 02:17 AM
If grits = "cream of wheat", then I like grits. That's all I have to say.

Zathras
03-14-2012, 02:31 AM
Do you REALLY want Romney as our nominee?? I think it's time for us conservatives to unite around ONE candidate to defeat Romney. And that proven candidate is now Rick Santorum. Let us both get behind Rick to defeat the Massachusetts Liberal Flip-Flopper.

Funny, I didn't even see Flip Romney even make a speech tonight. And it's 12:03am! :biggrin-new:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/HeroesAtWork/deadhorse.jpg

Zathras
03-14-2012, 02:34 AM

RIIIIIIGHT.....someone claiming to be a social conservative would not pick the flaming liberal over the more conservative candidate like you did, hoping Jerry "Moonbeam" Brown would win the govenorship here in California. Therefore your claim to be a conservative, social or otherwise, is an out and out lie.

mike128
03-14-2012, 05:06 AM
RIIIIIIGHT.....someone claiming to be a social conservative would not pick the flaming liberal over the more conservative candidate like you did, hoping Jerry "Moonbeam" Brown would win the govenorship here in California. Therefore your claim to be a conservative, social or otherwise, is an out and out lie.
REALLY?? What the HELL would pro-abortion liberal, Meg Whitman have done to stop abortions in California if she was elected Governor, Zathras?? Answer THAT before you accuse me of not being a TRUE conservative.

fettpett
03-14-2012, 08:33 AM
I originally joined CU in like... 2002? 2003 maybe? It was a long time ago. I think if I were going to banned from this board, it would have happened in the Bush era. I just call 'em like I see 'em. I don't mean to offend you when I say this, but there's something about you that doesn't strike me as genuine. I've been arguing on the Internets since I had a modem 2400, and when I read your posts it really raises some flags. It's like you're trying too hard to prove your conservative street cred or something. It actually sounds a bit like Romney trying to prove he's a common man.

offend the dumb bastard all you want

linda22003
03-14-2012, 08:36 AM

Are they CHEESY grits? :lol:

fettpett
03-14-2012, 08:40 AM
REALLY?? What the HELL would pro-abortion liberal, Meg Whitman have done to stop abortions in California if she was elected Governor, Zathras?? Answer THAT before you accuse me of not being a TRUE conservative.

you're an idiot, one topic idiot at that. abortion is a very low priority in CA, and just shows how stupid you are to make these claims. Nor are you using logic. Moonbeam is far more liberal on the topic than Whitman and will do much more to SUPPORT abortion than Whitman would ever think of doing.

Odysseus
03-14-2012, 10:10 AM

The same thing that Rudy Giuliani did in NYC, which is reduce the funding for abortion and discourage the culture of dependency. People who aren't dependent on government and can make their own decisions are more likely to value their own lives and the lives that they bring into the world. Whitman would have brought California back from the brink. She might not have had the impact on abortion that you wanted, but she wouldn't have accelerated the bankruptcy of the state.

The only difference between the voters of California who chose Jerry Brown and the passengers on the Titanic is that the passengers didn't vote to speed up before hitting the iceberg.

Adam Wood
03-14-2012, 12:24 PM

So it's time to get out, Newt, and endorse Rick Santorum. Do it for the sake of the direction of the conservative movement within the Republican Party.Good grief, Frankie. Give it up, you pathetic little fascist worm. No one wants to hear your stupid fascist shit. Go away.

Zathras
03-14-2012, 12:30 PM

She wold have done more than the candidate you wanted to win, the very liberal, abortion expanding, pro tax increasing Jerry "Moonbeam" Brown. That right there makes your claim to be a social conservative, or any other kind of conservative for that matter, to be an out and out lie. Any claim you make to the contrary are just more lies coming from a faux conservative Obama supporter.

Novaheart
03-15-2012, 12:40 AM
Listen, Novaheart, I really like Newt. But look at the numbers in this race. Newt just lost two key states in his home territory of the South, Mississippi and Alabama. Do you REALLY want Romney as our nominee?? I think it's time for us conservatives to unite around ONE candidate to defeat Romney. And that proven candidate is now Rick Santorum. Let us both get behind Rick to defeat the Massachusetts Liberal Flip-Flopper.

Santorum is unelectable. The primaries only judge what the most motivated members of the GOP can do, and have little relevance to a general election. Look at the turn outs in some of these primaries; entire states with fewer voters than a small town.

The choice is currently between Romney and Gingrich, and in that choice Gingrich has to be the winner, because Romney pisses off a lot of people simply by being cheesy, add in the Mormon thing, and the super-rich thing, and he'll only get the "any republican over any democrat" vote, in other words about a third of the votes cast in the general election.

Chuck58
03-15-2012, 12:52 AM
Are they CHEESY grits? :lol:

Off topic, but that was one of Romney's remarks in Alabama that totally turned off friends we have there.

"I consider myself Southern. I like grits and things."

They both voted for Santorum just because of that stupid comment.

Novaheart
03-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Off topic, but that was one of Romney's remarks in Alabama that totally turned off friends we have there.

"I consider myself Southern. I like grits and things."

They both voted for Santorum just because of that stupid comment.

When are politicians and pundits going to realize that not everyone in the South is a character in the Beverly Hillbillies?

Apocalypse
03-15-2012, 12:08 PM
When are politicians and pundits going to realize that not everyone in the South is a character in the Beverly Hillbillies?

When they stop going to my family reunions in the south?

And yes, I literally am related to a bunch of "Hicks". Literally.

Novaheart
03-15-2012, 12:50 PM
When they stop going to my family reunions in the south?

And yes, I literally am related to a bunch of "Hicks". Literally.

WHat I don't get is why southern hicks are seen as more worthy of mockery than northern hicks. New England hicks speak a dreadful form of English, are known for being insular and narrow minded, and yet somehow get a free pass? Is it the sweaters?

Apocalypse
03-15-2012, 12:56 PM
WHat I don't get is why southern hicks are seen as more worthy of mockery than northern hicks. New England hicks speak a dreadful form of English, are known for being insular and narrow minded, and yet somehow get a free pass? Is it the sweaters?

Less inbreeding.

linda22003
03-15-2012, 12:59 PM
Less inbreeding.

LOL (cue banjo music)

Novaheart
03-15-2012, 01:04 PM
Less inbreeding.

So because Southerners don't randomly rut when a shipload of immigrants pulls up to the quay, we're inferior to the northies? Got it.

PS- My doctor got a puzzled look on her face when I said that my cousin had offered to donate a kidney. She said that the chances of a match were slim. I chuckled and asked, "You aren't from the South are you?" (she is Chinese). I went on to explain that he's my maternal first cousin, my paternal fourth cousin, and back and forth a cousin several times over.

Odysseus
03-15-2012, 01:19 PM

Tell me about it. Have you ever heard these guys mangle the language?

http://images.politico.com/global/news/090717_kennedy_kerry_ap_350.jpg

Chuck58
03-15-2012, 11:58 PM
LOL (cue banjo music)

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTTMgznRTElVF6QPfRz9ftJcOel-x-snbA85Tg7nEpdJm7rUUOoQ

Generation Why?
03-31-2012, 10:18 AM
Political views aside based on polls, yes Newt should drop out. The people have spoken and decided that Rick Santorum is the more conservative response to Romney. This isn't a personal endorsement. This is based on facts.

Rockntractor
03-31-2012, 10:25 AM
Political views aside based on polls, yes Newt should drop out. The people have spoken and decided that Rick Santorum is the more conservative response to Romney. This isn't a personal endorsement. This is based on facts.

Sadly the ship has sailed on Santorum also, I think we all should be concentrating on Mitt beating Bama now.

Zathras
03-31-2012, 11:51 AM
Sadly the ship has sailed on Santorum also, I think we all should be concentrating on Mitt beating Bama now.

Meanwhile, in DUmbass128's head.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s