PDA

View Full Version : College Football / NFL regional preferences. Why?

Rebel Yell
09-15-2008, 04:08 PM
We love our college football here in the South, but our Yankee friends prefer the NFL. Why? This was always a debate between us fine, college football loving Southerners and those perverted, NFL loving Yankees.

I think it's because the college teams are soooo much better down here. The only way the Yanks can root for the best players is to wait until they get drafted up north.

JB
09-15-2008, 04:12 PM
The same reason I don't follow Triple-A as much as I do MLB. :D;)

Rebel Yell
09-15-2008, 04:15 PM
The same reason I don't follow Triple-A as much as I do MLB. :D;)

But AAA is not as good a product as MLB. College football is a better brand of football. More offenses- Fun and Gun, Triple Option, Spread Option, Smashmouth, Pro Style Offense. Whereas, NFL has 32 versions of the West Coast Offense.

linda22003
09-15-2008, 04:18 PM
I only like (occasional) college football, I never watch NFL, and I'm a Yankee.

JB
09-15-2008, 04:19 PM
But AAA is not as good a product as MLB. College football is a better brand of football. More offenses- Fun and Gun, Triple Option, Spread Option, Smashmouth, Pro Style Offense. Whereas, NFL has 32 versions of the West Coast Offense.I'm just breaking balls. I watch it all. If you told me I could only watch one for the rest of my life, then yes, I would pick the NFL.

Besides, don't they go nutz for high school ball down in Texas? You should ask them why too.

Rebel Yell
09-15-2008, 04:23 PM
I'm just breaking balls. I watch it all. If you told me I could only watch one for the rest of my life, then yes, I would pick the NFL.

Besides, don't they go nutz for high school ball down in Texas? You should ask them why too.

We love it here, too. I live an hour north of ESPN's Titletown USA.

ralph wiggum
09-15-2008, 04:35 PM
Um, college football is immensely popular in the Midwest. Perhaps those in the Northeast aren't as into college as much as pro football, but I wouldn't use such a blanket statement that "our Yankee friends prefer NFL".

Rebel Yell
09-15-2008, 04:37 PM
Um, college football is immensely popular in the Midwest. Perhaps those in the Northeast aren't as into college as much as pro football, but I wouldn't use such a blanket statement that "our Yankee friends prefer NFL".

I really don't consider the Midwest Yankees, but duly noted.:D

ralph wiggum
09-15-2008, 04:40 PM
I really don't consider the Midwest Yankees, but duly noted.:D

I don't consider myself a Yankee either, but Gator probably does. :D

Rebel Yell
09-15-2008, 04:42 PM
I don't consider myself a Yankee either, but Gator probably does. :D

Let me rephrase that, all midwesterners aren't Yankees.

JB
09-15-2008, 04:42 PM
It could be because the yankee states win all the Super Bowls.

Rebel Yell
09-15-2008, 04:43 PM
It could be because the yankee states win all the Super Bowls.

With all those Southern players. Like I said, we can watch the best players in the nation locally, without waiting for them to be drafted.:D

Bubba Dawg
09-15-2008, 08:01 PM
Look at all the really good teams in the South Reb. The SEC is the best football conference in the country. What's not to watch?

The conferences in the Northeast can't compare. They don't have the rivalries either. There's nothing quite like the clean old-fashioned hate we Southerners feel for our rivals. It really livens things up.

I watch NFL football a lot, but I Love College Football.

Go BullDawgs, sic 'em woof woof woof woof.

LogansPapa
09-15-2008, 09:27 PM
USC and Dallas, because they both exhibit unquestioned integ......ri....ty. What was the question again?:confused: