PDA

View Full Version : UN rights council delves into US voter I.D. laws

RedGrouse
03-14-2012, 04:06 PM
UN rights council delves into US voter I.D. laws
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/03/14/un-delves-into-us-voter-id-laws/

The United Nations Human Rights Council is investigating the issue of American election laws at its gathering on minority rights in Geneva, Switzerland.. This, despite the fact that some members of the council have only in the past several years allowed women to vote, and one member, Saudi Arabia, still bars women from the voting booth completely.

Officials from the NAACP are presenting their case against U.S. voter ID laws, arguing to the international diplomats that the requirements disenfranchise voters and suppress the minority vote.

JB
03-14-2012, 04:10 PM
Can I be in the room when the representative from Saudi Arabia comments on US voter ID laws.

Hopefully someone will have some youtube footage at least.

Janice
03-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Yes. It should be interesting to hear what about 1/3 of the UN has to say. Im referring of course to the 56 Islamic states.

:popcorn:

Apache
03-14-2012, 04:42 PM
the un was, is and will always a worthless organization. even a paper tiger provides more fear than the un...

Starbuck
03-14-2012, 08:45 PM
The narrative, led by Obama, continues among the black citizens that America is a fundamentally flawed country.

Rockntractor
03-14-2012, 08:54 PM
Some of these countries don't even allow their woman to vote.
Can we tell them to clean their desks, take their shit and get the hell off from our shores now?

Janice
03-14-2012, 09:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ZDvVJ.jpg

Some of these countries don't even allow their woman to vote.
Can we tell them to clean their desks, take their shit and get the hell off from our shores now?

Nope. The liberals in this country would go Bat Shiite.

Odysseus
03-14-2012, 10:08 PM
Once again, this requires a bit of commentary on the membership:

Angola 2013 Famous for being a training ground for Cuban troops during the 70s. Human rights? Not so much.
Austria 2014 One word: Anschluss.
Bangladesh 2012 Sharia state in which persecution of non-Muslims includes forced marriages, rape and assorted other horrors.
Belgium 2012 Home of the EU, which, the last time I looked, should have gone out of business after the defeat of the Maastricht Treaty, but just decided to continue as if nothing happened.
Benin 2014
Botswana 2014 Oh, brother...
Burkina Faso 2014
Cameroon 2012 Known for their coconut flavored cookies. No, I'm sorry, that's Macaroon. Nevermind.
Chile 2014
China 2012 Really? The country that gave us the Great Leap Forward and Cultural Revolution? The home of the Laogai?
Congo 2014 Due for one of their periodic internecine tribal conflicts and virulent ethnic cleansings any day now.
Costa Rica 2014 Obama tried to screw them over when their last president tried to pull a coup and he forced them to permit him to come back. Payback's a bitch.
Cuba 2012 :rotfl:
Czech Republic 2014
Djibouti 2012 Known for the KC and the Sunshine Band hit, Sheik Djibouti.
Ecuador 2013
Guatemala 2013
Hungary 2012
India 2014
Indonesia 2014 Another Islamic state. Gotta love the irony.
Italy 2014 If a country that's on it's 50th government since WWII can't lecture us on election procedures, who can?
Jordan 2012 Ah, a hereditary monarchy. They're great at elections. :rolleyes:
Kuwait 2014 Followed by a Sharia-compliant hereditary monarchy in which the majority of the residents can't even become citizens.
Kyrgyzstan 2012 A marginally functioning Islamic kleptocracy that cut its teeth as a Soviet Republic? Really?
Libya* 2013 This is beyond absurd. From the people that brought us Lockerbie. Libya's previous government was sniping at its own people en masse, and the current government doesn't exist.
Malaysia 2013 Another squalid pseudo democracy.
Maldives 2013
Mauritania 2013
Mauritius 2012 Is Mauritius Mauritania's cousin or something?
Mexico 2012 Badges? We don't need to stinking badges. How's that drug cartel war going?
Nigeria 2012 Weren't these guys a one party state until a few years ago?
Norway 2012
Peru 2014
Philippines 2014
Poland 2013
Qatar 2013 Another Arab monarchy
Republic of Moldova 2013
Romania 2014
Russian Federation 2012 Vladimir Putin is going to sit in judgment of our election laws? :livid:
Saudi Arabia 2012 The irony burns... :DDsmilie_panic:
Senegal 2012
Spain 2013 Francisco Franco is still dead.
Switzerland 2013
Thailand 2013
Uganda 2013 The country that gave us Idi Amin.
United States of America 2012 Somebody has to foot the bill for this charade. :livid:
Uruguay 2012

NJCardFan
03-14-2012, 11:06 PM
Officials from the NAACP are presenting their case against U.S. voter ID laws, arguing to the international diplomats that the requirements disenfranchise voters and suppress the minority vote.[/i]
I want to hear the logic behind this one. Last I saw, you need an ID to rent a video from Blockbuster, to cash a check, rent a car, go to the doctors office, among other things. How this group of <insert banned word here> feels voter ID laws target minorities(actually the only minorities the NAACP cares about are blacks) is lost on me. However, we all know the real reason and it's because the NAACP and other Democratic dog washing groups want to be able to vote in multiple precincts.

Janice
03-14-2012, 11:08 PM
Oh come on guys... thats the NAALCP. You know the drill.

The National Association for the Advancement of Liberal Colored People.

Janice
03-15-2012, 03:14 AM
Moroccans outraged over suicide of 16-year-old girl who was forced to marry her rapist (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/moroccans-outraged-suicide-16-year-old-girl-forced-marry-rapist-article-1.1039116)

RABAT, Morocco The case of a 16-year-old girl who killed herself after she was forced to marry her rapist has spurred outrage among Morocco's internet activists and calls for changes to the country's laws.

An online petition, a Facebook page and countless tweets expressed horror over the suicide of Amina Filali, who swallowed rat poison on Saturday to protest her marriage to the man who raped her a year earlier.

Article 475 of the Moroccan penal code allows for the "kidnapper" of a minor to marry his victim to escape prosecution, and it has been used to justify a traditional practice of making a rapist marry his victim to preserve the honor of the woman's family.

-----------------------------

These clowns (the UN) are worried about our voter ID laws? Are you serious??

Meanwhile, whats the UN doing about the one third of its membership that engender laws that foster atrocities like dismemberment, enslavement, prison and "honor deaths" to be committed against its female inhabitants at the drop of a hat?

Oh I get it. These statist pigs (the UN) is just another extension of the democrat party now. Do as I say, not as I do.