PDA

View Full Version : Happy St. Patrick's Day CU!

ABC in Georgia
03-17-2012, 11:52 AM
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k592/ABC160/stpatricks4.gif

And for the oldies in here ... Lyrics to Irish Rovers "Unicorn Song"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4bc9UwZsYs

~ ABC

ABC in Georgia
03-17-2012, 12:14 PM
Oops!

Forgot to ask ...

Are any of you celebrating by going to a party, a dance, out to an Irish Pub for music and green beer or what?

If simply staying home ... what's on the menu for dinner tonight?

~ ABC

Kay
03-17-2012, 01:54 PM
We have our department staff meeting every Friday at 3:00 PM.
There's only 7 of us so we use that time also for our parties.
So yesterday we all brought something green to eat and had the
Pogues playing in the background. Among the vittles were some
jalapeno green Doritos, guacamole dip, lime sherbert punch, a key
lime pie and a pistachio pudding desert.

AmPat
03-17-2012, 03:23 PM
Oops!

Forgot to ask ...

Are any of you celebrating by going to a party, a dance, out to an Irish Pub for music and green beer or what?

If simply staying home ... what's on the menu for dinner tonight?

~ ABC

:apologetic:
I'm home alone. The woman is out of the country and the daughter is with friends. Looks like an exciting day of conversing with the dogs.:friendly_wink:

Bailey
03-17-2012, 04:26 PM
:apologetic:
I'm home alone. The woman is out of the country and the daughter is with friends. Looks like an exciting day of conversing with the dogs.:friendly_wink:

You can always get a pint of Irish whiskey and drown your sorrows. :biggrin-new:

AmPat
03-17-2012, 08:41 PM
You can always get a pint of Irish whiskey and drown your sorrows. :biggrin-new:

Just got back off a MC ride. Went to Cripple Creek and back. Now I'm sitting here wondering what's on Netflix worth watching.

JB
03-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Just got back off a MC ride. Went to Cripple Creek and back.Hold on a second.

You took a motorcycle ride to a place called Cripple Creek? I would not be tempting fate in that manner. :D

SaintLouieWoman
03-17-2012, 09:13 PM
We took our St Patty Days walk at Old Spanish Point in Osprey, Fl with the dogs. Thursday we had a St Patty's party at Mote Marine for the volunteers. They had a green centerpiece at each table with little fabric shamrocks and mint candy with green stripes. We took the shamrocks home, so have them on the table at home in honor of our dog Darlene's birthday (always remember her birthday as that March 17th is easy to remember). She had little pieces of the breakfast steak this am when we had our omelet. It's been a good day for the pooch----and for us. :smile-new:

Hawkgirl
03-18-2012, 12:01 AM
Cheerio!

I bought a 6 pack of Guinness today, along with items to make Corned Beef and Cabbage tomorrow. My daughter is part Irish, so I like celebrating it. We do have a local Irish Pub, but I don't think I should expose the midget to a bunch of drunken irishmen...so I stayed in tonight. I invited my parents for dinner tomorrow, so I'll be making the corned beef for them.

And I have already downed two beer and it's DARN good. Reminds me of the old days when an ex of mine would go to an irish pub outside of our jobs and have back to back Black and Tan's during happy hour. Gotta love the Irish!:adoration:

AmPat
03-18-2012, 12:59 AM
Hold on a second.

You took a motorcycle ride to a place called Cripple Creek? I would not be tempting fate in that manner. :D
The man has a point.:cool:
I thought I might catch a glimpse of the donkeys. I was going to name one Nova and another Wei Wei.

obx
03-18-2012, 10:14 AM
Yesterday I helped out at the Tea Party booth at a car show, Today I will be riding with them in the local parade. I have some sour cherry stout I brewed and bottled a month ago and I will be paying tribute to my Irish roots with that after the parade.

SaintLouieWoman
03-18-2012, 11:41 AM
Yesterday I helped out at the Tea Party booth at a car show, Today I will be riding with them in the local parade. I have some sour cherry stout I brewed and bottled a month ago and I will be paying tribute to my Irish roots with that after the parade.

What a good thing to do on St Patty's Day. What was the reaction of those at the car show? Was it mostly positive or negative? We can't let the MSM discourage those with the Tea Party. Here's hoping the success of 2010 carries through to 2012.

ABC in Georgia
03-18-2012, 12:30 PM

"Tea Party" :thumbsup:

Would also have loved to try your home brewed stout obx. If like anything that I've tasted over the years that friends have bottled on their own ... the taste is always wonderful ... but the effect on me is like "white lightning!"

However, if I'm not driving, or have to make any sense while speaking, is just fine with me! ... :biggrin-new:

~ ABC

obx
03-19-2012, 01:22 PM
SLW-- The car show was good,although it was smaller than it was Last year. It was at the high school on a side street and last year it was held at a theater on the main. We signed up some new members and gave out some voter registration forms. I talked to many people from Virginia and Mass. who were part of Tea Party groups at home. We have had a big impact in heavily democratic Dare County. In 2010, Mark Basnight (speaker of the NC House) won Dare (his HOME county) by only about 500 votes and we elected the first Republican Sheriff ever. Before the 2010 elections, We had to meet at the library or at each other's homes. Now we have restaurants happy to host us. I think the future looks brighter for this part of the state.

obx
03-19-2012, 01:28 PM
"Tea Party" :thumbsup:

Would also have loved to try your home brewed stout obx.

However, if I'm not driving, or have to make any sense while speaking, is just fine with me! ... :biggrin-new:

~ ABC
If you are ever on the Outer Banks, give me a call and you can try that and some plum wine I make. Bring me some of those delicious Georgia peaches and we can ferment some of those.

ABC in Georgia
03-19-2012, 08:59 PM
If you are ever on the Outer Banks, give me a call and you can try that and some plum wine I make. Bring me some of those delicious Georgia peaches and we can ferment some of those.

Oops! Sorry obx ... Keep forgetting to check out the Lounge ... missed your "invitation" to me.

Plum wine, you say? Ooh! Sounds good!

If I promise to bring some "Georgia Peaches" may I also bring my own special glass?

Oh yes ... you need to let me know if you prefer blondes, redheads, brunettes, or what? :biggrin-new:

Also exactly what age-range do you have in mind? Have room for only two of the sweet little "thangs" in my car!

~ ABC