PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Executive Order - National Defense Resources Preparedness

fettpett
03-17-2012, 04:44 PM
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/03/16/executive-order-national-defense-resources-preparedness

The White House
Office of the Press SecretaryFor Immediate Release
March 16, 2012

Executive Order -- National Defense Resources Preparedness
EXECUTIVE ORDERNATIONAL DEFENSE RESOURCES PREPAREDNESSBy the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the Defense Production Act of 1950, as amended (50 U.S.C. App. 2061 et seq.), and section 301 of title 3, United States Code, and as Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the United States, it is hereby ordered as follows:
PART I - PURPOSE, POLICY, AND IMPLEMENTATIONSection 101. Purpose. This order delegates authorities and addresses national defense resource policies and programs under the Defense Production Act of 1950, as amended (the "Act").Sec. 102. Policy. The United States must have an industrial and technological base capable of meeting national defense requirements and capable of contributing to the technological superiority of its national defense equipment in peacetime and in times of national emergency. The domestic industrial and technological base is the foundation for national defense preparedness. The authorities provided in the Act shall be used to strengthen this base and to ensure it is capable of responding to the national defense needs of the United States.
Sec. 103. General Functions. Executive departments and agencies (agencies) responsible for plans and programs relating to national defense (as defined in section 801(j) of this order), or for resources and services needed to support such plans and programs, shall:
(a) identify requirements for the full spectrum of emergencies, including essential military and civilian demand;
(b) assess on an ongoing basis the capability of the domestic industrial and technological base to satisfy requirements in peacetime and times of national emergency, specifically evaluating the availability of the most critical resource and production sources, including subcontractors and suppliers, materials, skilled labor, and professional and technical personnel;
(c) be prepared, in the event of a potential threat to the security of the United States, to take actions necessary to ensure the availability of adequate resources and production capability, including services and critical technology, for national defense requirements;
(d) improve the efficiency and responsiveness of the domestic industrial base to support national defense requirements; and
(e) foster cooperation between the defense and commercial sectors for research and development and for acquisition of materials, services, components, and equipment to enhance industrial base efficiency and responsiveness.
Sec. 104. Implementation. (a) The National Security Council and Homeland Security Council, in conjunction with the National Economic Council, shall serve as the integrated policymaking forum for consideration and formulation of national defense resource preparedness policy and shall make recommendations to the President on the use of authorities under the Act.
(b) The Secretary of Homeland Security shall:
(1) advise the President on issues of national defense resource preparedness and on the use of the authorities and functions delegated by this order;
(2) provide for the central coordination of the plans and programs incident to authorities and functions delegated under this order, and provide guidance to agencies assigned functions under this order, developed in consultation with such agencies; and
(3) report to the President periodically concerning all program activities conducted pursuant to this order.

this asshole has got to go, should be thrown out for pulling this shit

Rockntractor
03-18-2012, 02:54 PM
The White House

Office of the Press Secretary
For Immediate Release
March 16, 2012
Executive Order -- National Defense Resources Preparedness

EXECUTIVE ORDER

NATIONAL DEFENSE RESOURCES PREPAREDNESS

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the Defense Production Act of 1950, as amended (50 U.S.C. App. 2061 et seq.), and section 301 of title 3, United States Code, and as Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the United States, it is hereby ordered as follows:

PART I - PURPOSE, POLICY, AND IMPLEMENTATION

Section 101. Purpose. This order delegates authorities and addresses national defense resource policies and programs under the Defense Production Act of 1950, as amended (the "Act").

Sec. 102. Policy. The United States must have an industrial and technological base capable of meeting national defense requirements and capable of contributing to the technological superiority of its national defense equipment in peacetime and in times of national emergency. The domestic industrial and technological base is the foundation for national defense preparedness. The authorities provided in the Act shall be used to strengthen this base and to ensure it is capable of responding to the national defense needs of the United States.

Sec. 103. General Functions. Executive departments and agencies (agencies) responsible for plans and programs relating to national defense (as defined in section 801(j) of this order), or for resources and services needed to support such plans and programs, shall:

(a) identify requirements for the full spectrum of emergencies, including essential military and civilian demand;

(b) assess on an ongoing basis the capability of the domestic industrial and technological base to satisfy requirements in peacetime and times of national emergency, specifically evaluating the availability of the most critical resource and production sources, including subcontractors and suppliers, materials, skilled labor, and professional and technical personnel;

(c) be prepared, in the event of a potential threat to the security of the United States, to take actions necessary to ensure the availability of adequate resources and production capability, including services and critical technology, for national defense requirements;

(d) improve the efficiency and responsiveness of the domestic industrial base to support national defense requirements; and

(e) foster cooperation between the defense and commercial sectors for research and development and for acquisition of materials, services, components, and equipment to enhance industrial base efficiency and responsiveness.

Sec. 104. Implementation. (a) The National Security Council and Homeland Security Council, in conjunction with the National Economic Council, shall serve as the integrated policymaking forum for consideration and formulation of national defense resource preparedness policy and shall make recommendations to the President on the use of authorities under the Act.
The rest at link.http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/03/16/executive-order-national-defense-resources-preparedness

fettpett
03-18-2012, 04:58 PM
didn't see my post on it yesterday?

Rockntractor
03-18-2012, 05:02 PM
didn't see my post on it yesterday?

No I didn't, sorry I'll combine them.
I got more replies on mine!http://planetsmilies.net/grinning-smiley-9513.gif

fettpett
03-18-2012, 05:09 PM
No I didn't, sorry I'll combine them.
I got more replies on mine!http://planetsmilies.net/grinning-smiley-9513.gif

LOL...right? Thought it would get more responses...considering that it's basically giving control of EVERY SINGLE Industry over to the government at any time they want

Rockntractor
03-18-2012, 05:36 PM
LOL...right? Thought it would get more responses...considering that it's basically giving control of EVERY SINGLE Industry over to the government at any time they want

Chavez moves, most are ignoring it but he is learning from Chavez.

Rockntractor
03-18-2012, 05:39 PM

Keep posting them, the board has been getting a little thin at times, dupes are easy to combine.

Elspeth
03-18-2012, 06:46 PM
Keep posting them, the board has been getting a little thin at times, dupes are easy to combine.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=29835

In a stunning move, on March 16, 2012, Barack Obama signed an Executive Order stating that the President and his specifically designated Secretaries now have the authority to commandeer all domestic U.S. resources including food and water. The EO also states that the President and his Secretaries have the authority to seize all transportation, energy, and infrastructure inside the United States as well as forcibly induct/draft American citizens into the military. The EO also contains a vague reference in regards to harnessing American citizens to fulfill “labor requirements” for the purposes of national defense.

Not only that, but the authority claimed inside the EO does not only apply to National Emergencies and times of war. It also applies in peacetime.

The National Defense Resources Preparedness Executive Order exploits the “authority” granted to the President in the Defense Production Act of 1950 in order to assert that virtually every means of human survival is now available for confiscation and control by the President via his and his Secretaries’ whim.

The unconstitutionality of the overwhelming majority of Executive Orders is well established, as well as the illegality of denying citizens their basic Constitutional and human rights, even in the event of a legitimate national emergency. Likewise, it should also be pointed out that, like Obama’s recent Libyan adventure and the foregone conclusion of a Syrian intervention, there is no mention of Congress beyond a minor role of keeping the allegedly co-equal branch of government informed on contextually meaningless developments.

As was mentioned above, the scope of the EO is virtually all-encompassing. For instance, in “Section 201 – Priorities and Allocations Authorities,” the EO explains that the authority for the actions described in the opening paragraph rests with the President but is now delegated to the various Secretaries of the U.S. Federal Government. The list of delegations and the responsibility of the Secretaries as provided in this section are as follows:

(1) the Secretary of Agriculture with respect to food resources, food resource facilities, livestock resources, veterinary resources, plant health resources, and the domestic distribution of farm equipment and commercial fertilizer;

(2) the Secretary of Energy with respect to all forms of energy;

(3) the Secretary of Health and Human Services with respect to health resources;

(4) the Secretary of Transportation with respect to all forms of civil transportation;

(5) the Secretary of Defense with respect to water resources; and

(6) the Secretary of Commerce with respect to all other materials, services, and facilities, including construction materials.

One need only to read the “Definitions” section of the EO in order to clearly see that terms such as “food resources” is an umbrella that includes literally every form of food and food-related product that could in any way be beneficial to human survival.

That being said, “Section 601 – Secretary of Labor” delegates special responsibilities to the Secretary of Labor as it involves not just materials citizens will need for survival, but the actual citizens themselves.

Obviously, the ability of the U.S. government to induct and draft citizens into the military against their will is, although a clear violation of their rights, not an issue considered shocking by its nature of having been invoked so many times in the past. Logically, this “authority” is provided for in this section.

However, what may be shocking is the fact that Section 601 also provides for the mobilization of “labor” for purposes of the national defense. Although some subsections read that evaluations are to be made regarding the “effect and demand of labor utilization,” the implication is that “labor” (meaning American workers) will be considered yet one more resource to be seized for the purposes of “national defense.” The EO reads,

Sec. 601. Secretary of Labor. (a) The Secretary of Labor, in coordination with the Secretary of Defense and the heads of other agencies, as deemed appropriate by the Secretary of Labor, shall:

(1) collect and maintain data necessary to make a continuing appraisal of the Nation's workforce needs for purposes of national defense;

(2) upon request by the Director of Selective Service, and in coordination with the Secretary of Defense, assist the Director of Selective Service in development of policies regulating the induction and deferment of persons for duty in the armed services;

(3) upon request from the head of an agency with authority under this order, consult with that agency with respect to: (i) the effect of contemplated actions on labor demand and utilization; (ii) the relation of labor demand to materials and facilities requirements; and (iii) such other matters as will assist in making the exercise of priority and allocations functions consistent with effective utilization and distribution of labor;

Notice that the language of the EO does not state “in the event of a national emergency.” Instead, we are given the term “purposes of national defense.” This is because the “authorities” assumed by the President have been assumed not just for arbitrary declarations of “national emergency” but for peacetime as well.

Indeed, the EO states this much directly when it says,

The head of each agency engaged in procurement for the national defense is delegated the authority of the President under section 107(b)(1) of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2077(b)(1), to take appropriate action to ensure that critical components, critical technology items, essential materials, and industrial resources are available from reliable sources when needed to meet defense requirements during peacetime, graduated mobilization, and national emergency...

AmPat
03-18-2012, 07:25 PM
For years the morons on the left have caterwauled and wailed about Republicans doing this and yet when it is right there in front of their stupid and blank drone faces, nothing. Crickets. Apparently I can deduce from their deafening silence that the Dims/Libs aren't concerned about losing their freedom as long as it is to one of their gods.

O Blah Blah and his minions will eventually go too far and the actual and real Americans will react.

Rockntractor
03-18-2012, 07:31 PM
O Blah Blah and his minions will eventually go too far and the actual and real Americans will react.
I've been waiting but I don't think they will.
They will sit around worrying about what the left will say about them and how it looks to the Independents.

AmPat
03-18-2012, 07:47 PM
I've been waiting but I don't think they will.
They will sit around worrying about what the left will say about them and how it looks to the Independents.
I'm not suggesting it will be the lame politicians, it will be on the street. People may laugh, but I assure you that this crop of Marxists that forced unpopular legislation down our throats and are now ruling by fiat, will be sorry they unleashed the beast. Once the shooting starts( God forbid), it won't stop quickly.

ABC in Georgia
03-18-2012, 08:35 PM
This is way beyond scary ...

I do not for one moment trust this man with this kind of power.

Here is the shortest and most comprehensive description I could find of what it could possibly mean to us.

Is from The Canada Free Press:

This Executive Order was posted on the WhiteHouse.gov web site on Friday, March 16, 2012, under the name National Defense Resources Preparedness. In a nutshell, it’s the blueprint for Peacetime Martial Law and it gives the president the power to take just about anything deemed necessary for “National Defense”, whatever they decide that is. It’s peacetime, because as the title of the order says, it’s for “Preparedness”. A copy of the entire order follows the end of this story.

Under this order the heads of these cabinet level positions; Agriculture, Energy, Health and Human Services, Transportation, Defense and Commerce can take food, livestock, fertilizer, farm equipment, all forms of energy, water resources, all forms of civil transporation (meaning any vehicles, boats, planes), and any other materials, including construction materials from wherever they are available. This is probably why the government has been visiting farms with GPS devices, so they know exactly where to go when they turn this one on.

Specifically, the government is allowed to allocate materials, services, and facilities as deemed necessary or appropriate. They decide what necessary or appropriate means.

Read more here: http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/45319

~ ABC

m00
03-19-2012, 03:38 AM
And an executive order! That takes balls. See, this is why I keep saying that a genuine liberal cannot be an Obama supporter. For everything that I disagree with liberal ideology, it's pretty squarely against the executive branch unilaterally declaring it has power to confiscate anything it wants as it deems necessary. This is a fascist act. People who consider themselves liberal: wake up.

txradioguy
03-19-2012, 05:10 AM
Wait I'm confused...I thought...according to the DUmmies...that it's Conservatives...more specifically Bu$hitler and the BFEE that wanted to instill Martial Law in this country?

Odysseus
03-19-2012, 08:30 AM
Implementation of this order beyond the planning stages would be in direct violation of numerous federal laws.

18 U.S.C. 1385. Use of Army and Air Force as posse comitatus
Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or the Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.

10 U.S.C. 375. Restriction on direct participation by military personnel
The Secretary of Defense shall prescribe such regulations as may be necessary to ensure that any activity (including the provision of any equipment or facility or the assignment or detail of any personnel) under this chapter does not include or permit direct participation by a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps in a search, seizure, arrest, or other similar activity unless participation in such activity by such member is otherwise authorized by law.

Of course, those are just laws, and when Obama is in a hurry, we can't wait for congress to act. :rolleyes:

linda22003
03-19-2012, 11:42 AM
You know that the executive order on National Defense Preparedness has been updated every few years since the Act was passed in 1950, right? You know that Eisenhower, Reagan, Clinton, and Bush 43 did full updates.... right? :friendly_wink:

Rockntractor
03-19-2012, 11:47 AM
You know that the executive order on National Defense Preparedness has been updated every few years since the Act was passed in 1950, right? You know that Eisenhower, Reagan, Clinton, and Bush 43 did full updates.... right? :friendly_wink:

I'm curious who you will be supporting for the November election?

Your Obama needs some defending here, you better get right on it and set us straight!
http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?48060-Obama%E2%80%99s-History-Lesson-By-Mark-Steyn&p=491502#post491502

linda22003
03-19-2012, 12:10 PM
Oh, stop. I didn't vote for him last time and don't anticipate voting for him this time, but I refuse to fly off the handle at everything he does like it's some giant plot. Obama Derangement Syndrome is starting to make Bush Derangement Syndrome look pretty mild.
I plan to vote for Romney. If somehow one of the other two got the GOP nomination, I suppose I'd have to sit it out. I've done that before; I've gone to the polls and voted for other offices and issues, but left the top spot blank.

AmPat
03-19-2012, 12:17 PM
Oh, stop. I didn't vote for him last time and don't anticipate voting for him this time, but I refuse to fly off the handle at everything he does like it's some giant plot. Obama Derangement Syndrome is starting to make Bush Derangement Syndrome look pretty mild.
I plan to vote for Romney. If somehow one of the other two got the GOP nomination, I suppose I'd have to sit it out. I've done that before; I've gone to the polls and voted for other offices and issues, but left the top spot blank.

Yep, Rock was right. :apologetic: Why don't you just go ahead and say you support either a RINO or a full on Marxist? You are apparently comfortable with the leftist god and not willing to support any other candidate. O Blah Blah is so awesome that he is better than a Santorum or Gingrich term.

Rockntractor
03-19-2012, 12:18 PM

I don't understand why you are so naive to his pattern of increasing the powers of the executive branch as well as taking away traditional powers of congress and assigning them to Czars, and then there is his energy policy.

linda22003
03-19-2012, 12:25 PM
"Czars" have also existed in previous administrations. There is definitely a lot of centralized government, but it started long before Obama and includes presidents you probably even like(d).

Rockntractor
03-19-2012, 12:29 PM
"Czars" have also existed in previous administrations.

Not to this extent and you know it.

Bailey
03-19-2012, 12:46 PM
The silence from DU is deafening and watching them tie themselves up in knots spinning this EO into a good thing is a sight to behold.

AmPat
03-19-2012, 12:47 PM
I don't understand why you are so naive to his pattern of increasing the powers of the executive branch as well as taking away traditional powers of congress and assigning them to Czars, and then there is his energy policy.

"Linda" Is Spanish for Boiled Frog.

linda22003
03-19-2012, 12:57 PM
Yeah, okay. Pointing out that this is nothing new makes me some kind of enemy. Somehow I will have to live with that. :biggrin-new:

AmPat
03-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Yeah, okay. Pointing out that this is nothing new makes me some kind of enemy. Somehow I will have to live with that. :biggrin-new:No, not enemy. Do you understand the boiled frog comment?

Eupher
03-19-2012, 01:04 PM
According to HotAir, this EO is not much more than an update to EO 12919 from 18 years ago; the original EO dates from 1939 (EO 8248).

It has been superseded a number of times, starting in 1951 by nearly every President through Bill Clinton, and amended twice by George W. Bush.

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/03/18/national-defense-resources-preparedness-executive-order-power-grab-or-update/

All the same, I don't trust the rat bastard in any way, shape or form. As a dedicated Fascist, Barry will stop at nothing to get what he wants.

noonwitch
03-19-2012, 01:32 PM

I remember a time in this country when criminal defendants didn't forfeit their assets prior to being convicted of a crime, when high school students were not expected to pee in a cup before being allowed to participate in extracurricular activities, and one's employer had no say over what the employee did when he wasn't at work.

All of those rights disappeared in the 80s, in Reagan's War on Drugs.

I no longer can go across the river to Canada for lunch without a passport. That right disappeared under W. That's not such a big deal for me, personally, but still. American citizens cannot leave their own country for 5 minutes and re-enter without a passport.

The passport example is just a recent thing that irritates me, because I'm not sure if the intent was to bilk us for the $100 passport fee or to really improve national security. I've always suspected the former.

txradioguy
03-19-2012, 02:47 PM

Gotta love the way Linda RINO just tosses out crap like that with nothing to back it up.

How DU-esque of her.

txradioguy
03-19-2012, 02:50 PM
That right disappeared under W. That's not such a big deal for me, personally, but still. American citizens cannot leave their own country for 5 minutes and re-enter without a passport.

You may be suffering from a chronic of BDS by trying to blame Bush for this.

But the real reason you can't cross into Canada for your lunch is thanks to 19 terrorists in Sept. of 2011 and the members of the party YOU vote for who were willing to trade National Security for the hope of a large untapped voting block.

If our congressmen and women actually took immigration seriously those 19 terrorists would have never done what they did and Sept. 11 would still be just another day and you'd be able to go get your precious lunch in Canada.

noonwitch
03-19-2012, 03:18 PM
You may be suffering from a chronic of BDS by trying to blame Bush for this.

But the real reason you can't cross into Canada for your lunch is thanks to 19 terrorists in Sept. of 2011 and the members of the party YOU vote for who were willing to trade National Security for the hope of a large untapped voting block.

If our congressmen and women actually took immigration seriously those 19 terrorists would have never done what they did and Sept. 11 would still be just another day and you'd be able to go get your precious lunch in Canada.

Did W sign the legislation?

linda22003
03-19-2012, 03:22 PM
Gotta love the way Linda RINO just tosses out crap like that with nothing to back it up.

How DU-esque of her.

OK. You can't do it, I'll do it. These are all additions to the Defense Production Act of 1950, the original legislation.

Here's Truman's (partial, not a complete restatement) from 1951:
http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=59331#axzz1paggGixp

Here's Eisenhower's from 1953:
http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/codification/executive-order/10480.html

Here's Eisenhower's (partial, personnel appointments) from 1955:
http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/codification/executive-order/10647.html

Here's Johnson's (Executive Reserve amendment) from 1964:
http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/codification/executive-order/11179.html

EO 11355 is next, (May 26, 1967), but I'm not locating the full text right now. If it's really important to you, I'll continue to look.

Here's Ford's from 1976 (partial - energy policy and conservation)
http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/codification/executive-order/11912.html

Here's Carter's, 1979 (FEMA amendment)
http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/codification/executive-order/12148.html

Reagan, 1985 - Military exports:
http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/speeches/1985/62485b.htm

Reagan, 1988 - Military exports.
http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/speeches/1988/081188e.htm

Here's Reagan's from 1988:
http://www.fas.org/irp/offdocs/EO12656.htm

George HW Bush amendment, 1991:
http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=20030#axzz1paggGixp

Here's Clinton's from 1994:
http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/executive-orders/pdf/12919.pdf

GW Bush did amendments in 2003 and 2008, which I'll look up individually if I absolutely have to.
I don't really think you'll click on any of the links, though.

JB
03-19-2012, 03:40 PM
I no longer can go across the river to Canada for lunch without a passport.No kidding. Shows I haven't been to Canada in a while. I knew you needed one for Mexico but not Canada. Hopefully it will keep them filthy Canadians where they belong!!!

How does that work for delivery? When you call Canada Style Pizza for a pie does it show up at your door with a $10 regulation fee attached to it? :smile-new:

m00
03-19-2012, 04:27 PM
I was actually wondering when someone on CU was going to claim that this executive order is nothing new, and that every president has signed it since the 1950s. Fortunately, a liberal friend of mine at work claimed the same thing, and I easily refuted it.

So I looked at the executive order of Bush '41 and compared it to the version Obama sent out (I had Bush '41's handy). The versions are different. Here are two of the differences I immediately spotted.

Bush version:

Sec. 307. Government-owned Equipment. An agency head is authorized,
pursuant to section 303(e) of the Act, to install additional equipment, facilities, processes, or improvements to facilities owned by the government and
to install government-owned equipment in industrial facilities owned by
private persons.

Obama version:

Sec. 308. Government-Owned Equipment. The head of each agency engaged in procurement for the national defense is delegated the authority of the President under section 303(e) of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2093(e), to:

(a) procure and install additional equipment, facilities, processes, or improvements to plants, factories, and other industrial facilities owned by the Federal Government and to procure and install Government owned equipment in plants, factories, or other industrial facilities owned by private persons;

(b) provide for the modification or expansion of privately owned facilities, including the modification or improvement of production processes, when taking actions under sections 301, 302, or 303 of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2091, 2092, 2093; and

(c) sell or otherwise transfer equipment owned by the Federal Government and installed under section 303(e) of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2093(e), to the owners of such plants, factories, or other industrial facilities.

Notice the difference? It's pretty major. Here is another...

Bush version:

(b) The Secretary of Commerce, in consultation with the heads of those
departments and agencies specified in subsection 201(a) of this order, shall
administer the Defense Priorities and Allocations System (‘‘DPAS’’) regulations that will be used to implement the authority of the President conferred
by section 101 of the Act as delegated to the Secretary of Commerce in
subsection 201(a)(6) of this order. The Secretary of Commerce will redelegate
to the Secretary of Defense, and the heads of other departments and agencies
as appropriate, authority for the priority rating of contracts and orders for
all materials, services, and facilities needed in support of programs approved
under section 202 of this order. The Secretary of Commerce shall act as
appropriate upon Special Priorities Assistance requests in a time frame
consistent with the urgency of the need at hand

Obama version:

(b) The Secretary of each agency delegated authority under subsection (a) of this section (resource departments) shall plan for and issue regulations to prioritize and allocate resources and establish standards and procedures by which the authority shall be used to promote the national defense, under both emergency and non-emergency conditions. Each Secretary shall authorize the heads of other agencies, as appropriate, to place priority ratings on contracts and orders for materials, services, and facilities needed in support of programs approved under section 202 of this order.

Because this is hard to spot, I will bold it. Obama's version has "non-emergency conditions." I would say that's a bit of a power grab.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/03/16/executive-order-national-defense-resources-preparedness
http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/executive-orders/pdf/12919.pdf

Eupher
03-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Nice job, m00!

:applause:

Elspeth
03-19-2012, 06:07 PM
"Boiled Frog" is correct on this series of Executive Orders.

Where can it go from here?

ABC in Georgia
03-19-2012, 07:41 PM
Nice job, m00!

:applause:

I second that Eupher! Nice job m00! ... :applause:

I read the whole thing, saw those words ... could barely believe it ...took me about half an hour to wade through it all!

Didn't find the time to go back over it to find those very significant words that you "bolded!"

And therein in lies a whole world of difference. Saw the six o'clock Fox News coverage while making dinner, and even they didn't catch or mention it! ... :blue:

~ ABC

Rockntractor
03-19-2012, 07:47 PM
What good are laws and a constitution when a president can decree anything he wants whenever he wants, how is this different from a king or an emperor?

JB
03-19-2012, 07:58 PM
What good are laws and a constitution when a president can decree anything he wants whenever he wants, how is this different from a king or an emperor?None of us should be surprised anyway.

We already knew he believes the Constitution does not give the Feds enough power to do stuff to you. Gotta get around that pesky thing somehow.

ABC in Georgia
03-19-2012, 08:04 PM
"Boiled Frog" is correct on this series of Executive Orders.

Where can it go from here?

Elspeth ...

This old frog jumped out of the pot long ago.

Not that it will make any difference, I fear.

Where can it go from here? Anywhere this America-hating man wants it to go! He is doing exactly what he promised with the words "We are 5 days away from fundamentally changing this country!" ... Or words to that effect.

There are simply no words to politely and adequately describe what I think of him!

~ ABC

AmPat
03-19-2012, 08:55 PM
According to HotAir, this EO is not much more than an update to EO 12919 from 18 years ago; the original EO dates from 1939 (EO 8248).

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/03/18/national-defense-resources-preparedness-executive-order-power-grab-or-update/

All the same, I don't trust the rat bastard in any way, shape or form. As a dedicated Fascist, Barry will stop at nothing to get what he wants.And there is the difference. The Dictator In Chief cannot be trusted with this kind of power. He's already wiped his nasty ass with the Constitution before. Now he seeks to flush it. :livid:

fettpett
03-19-2012, 08:56 PM
This President has issued more EO's in his term % wise than any other, with the exception of Carter

Elspeth
03-19-2012, 09:49 PM
This President has issued more EO's in his term % wise than any other, with the exception of Carter

Both are Brzezinksi guys.