PDA

View Full Version : Cee Lo Green Performs "F**k You," Flips Off Crowd At Obama Fundraiser

Rockntractor
03-18-2012, 10:39 PM
Singer Cee Lo Green performs his hit tune "F**k You" at an Obama fundraiser in Atlanta on Friday. He uses the explicit lyrics before he uses the radio-friendly "Forget You" lyrics. President Obama speaks shortly after his performance.
Video of this talented young man at link>http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/03/17/cee_lo_green_performs_fk_you_flips_off_crowd_at_ob ama_fundraiser.html

Odysseus
03-19-2012, 01:09 AM
I don't see this as a bad thing. Most Americans would like to flip off a roomful of Obama supporters.

noonwitch
03-19-2012, 08:36 AM
If you're going to sing the words, well, the sign language just goes along with it.

I love Cee-Lo Green, it's a great song.

linda22003
03-19-2012, 10:35 AM
It's a very cute song, and video. If someone's drivin' round town with the girl you love, you're not going to say "Forget you."

Rockntractor
03-19-2012, 10:42 AM
It's a very cute song, and video. If someone's drivin' round town with the girl you love, you're not going to say "Forget you."

It's as American as apple pie and Chevy Volt.

txradioguy
03-19-2012, 11:30 AM
It's as American as organic apple pie and Chevy Volt.

Fixed.

AmPat
03-19-2012, 12:05 PM
That was just, sniff, just, Overwhelming. I am just so proud that my party is so classy that we publicly promote such wholesome and patriotic songs. We should be so proud of our talented party that produces such classics as these.
:rolleyes:
Way to go, "So Low!"

linda22003
03-19-2012, 12:11 PM
At least the GOP has megastars like..... um.... is Pat Boone still alive? :cool:

AmPat
03-19-2012, 12:25 PM
At least the GOP has megastars like..... um.... is Pat Boone still alive? :cool:

So Low is a "mega star?" You have low standards. As for popularity being the equivalent of classy; O Blah Blah is popular, sagging pants is popular, WWE is popular, RAP is popular. Popular isn't the same as class or quality.

linda22003
03-19-2012, 12:28 PM
So Low is a "mega star?" You have low standards. As for popularity being the equivalent of classy; O Blah Blah is popular, sagging pants is popular, WWE is popular, RAP is popular. Popular isn't the same as class or quality.

Hey, I'm an opera fan myself.

Rockntractor
03-19-2012, 12:33 PM
I hope someone is working on a nice tastefully done fuck you opera, that would be so inspiring!

linda22003
03-19-2012, 01:00 PM
Okay, none of you have ever heard this song before, despite its being around for about a year now, and somehow it's MY fault. I can live with that.

linda22003
03-19-2012, 01:02 PM
I hope someone is working on a nice tastefully done fuck you opera, that would be so inspiring!

There have been LOTS of those. Tosca's aria to Scarpia right before she kills him is a prime example. You just couldn't understand it since it wasn't in English. (Thinking of allllll those times you've no doubt listened to Tosca.....) :cool:

Bailey
03-19-2012, 01:05 PM
Okay, none of you have ever heard this song before, despite its being around for about a year now, and somehow it's MY fault. I can live with that.

I had my daughter and her friends singing it at top volume in the back seat of my car so I hated well before he sang it at that fund raiser.

AmPat
03-19-2012, 01:10 PM

I had my daughter and her friends singing it at top volume in the back seat of my car so I hated well before he sang it at that fund raiser.
I never once felt compelled to pop a dog turd in my mouth to know that S*** tastes bad. I don't need to listen to "So Low" Green to know his musical "talent" is the equivalent to musical sewer land, and stinks to infinity. I'm glad that he suits you though, maybe he can cross over into Opera?

Adam Wood
03-19-2012, 01:35 PM

The "Fuck You" of the Opera, by Andrew Lloyd Whatever:

♬ Christine:
In sleep he shouted at me,
In dreams he yelled.
That voice which yells at me,
And insults me
And do I "finger" him?
For now I find,
The "Fuck You" of the Opera is here,
Inside my mind! ♬

♬ Phantom:
Shout once again at me,
Our epithet.
My yelling at you,
Grows louder yet.
And though you turn from me,
To "finger" me.
The "Fuck You" of the Opera is there,
Inside your mind! ♬

http://i40.tinypic.com/b6eb1s.jpg

Bailey
03-19-2012, 01:53 PM
I never once felt compelled to pop a dog turd in my mouth to know that S*** tastes bad. I don't need to listen to "So Low" Green to know his musical "talent" is the equivalent to musical sewer land, and stinks to infinity. I'm glad that he suits you though, maybe he can cross over into Opera?

All music today is sewer music IMHO.

Rockntractor
03-19-2012, 01:54 PM
The "Fuck You" of the Opera, by Andrew Lloyd Whatever:

♬ Christine:
In sleep he shouted at me,
In dreams he yelled.
That voice which yells at me,
And insults me
And do I "finger" him?
For now I find,
The "Fuck You" of the Opera is here,
Inside my mind! ♬

♬ Phantom:
Shout once again at me,
Our epithet.
My yelling at you,
Grows louder yet.
And though you turn from me,
To "finger" me.
The "Fuck You" of the Opera is there,
Inside your mind! ♬

http://i40.tinypic.com/b6eb1s.jpg

Crap! I'll be humming that all day.http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smileys-and-emoticons/angry/smileys-angry-053726.gif (http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/)

Adam Wood
03-19-2012, 01:56 PM
Crap! I'll be humming that all day.http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smileys-and-emoticons/angry/smileys-angry-053726.gif (http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/)

:lol:

txradioguy
03-19-2012, 02:29 PM

Haven't you learned by now....if Linda RINO hasn't heard of the song...then no one obviously has.

txradioguy
03-19-2012, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by linda22003
At least the GOP has megastars like..... um.... is Pat Boone still alive?

Taylor Swift

LeeAnn Rimes

Joe Perry (lead guitarist for Aerosmith)

Dave Mustaine

Kellie Pickler

Kenny Chesney

Sammy Hagar

Alan Jackson

Carrie Underwood

Gretchen Wilson

John Rich (Big & Rich)

Jon Secada

Martina McBride

Reba McEntire

Naomi Judd

Gary Sinese

And the list goes on and on and on....

JB
03-19-2012, 04:15 PM
I had my daughter and her friends singing it at top volume in the back seat of my car so I hated well before he sang it at that fund raiser.Yeah but wouldn't that make you hate any song?

Lager
03-19-2012, 04:28 PM
Here's the lyrics to his song:

I See You Driving 'round Town
With The Girl I Love And I'm Like,
F**k You!
Oo, Oo, Ooo
I Guess The Change In My Pocket
Wasn't Enough I'm Like,
F**ck You!
And F**k Her Too!
I Said, If I Was Richer, I'd Still Be With Ya
Ha, Now Ain't That Some Shit? (ain't That Some Shit?)
And Although There's Pain In My Chest
I Still Wish You The Best With A...
F**k You!
Oo, Oo, Ooo

Yeah I'm Sorry, I Can't Afford A Ferrari,
But That Don't Mean I Can't Get You There.
I Guess He's An Xbox And I'm More Atari,
But The Way You Play Your Game Ain't Fair.

I Picture The Fool That Falls In Love With You
(oh Shit She's A Gold Digger)
Well
(just Thought You Should Know Nigga)
Ooooooh
I've Got Some News For You
Yeah Go Run And Tell Your Little Boyfriend

(chorus)

Now I Know, That I Had To Borrow,
Beg And Steal And Lie And Cheat.
Trying To Keep Ya, Trying To Please Ya.
'Cause Being In Love With You Ass Ain't Cheap.

Well
Ooooooh
I Really Hate Yo Ass Right Now
(chorus)

Now Baby, Baby, Baby, Why D'you Wanna Wanna Hurt Me So Bad?

(so Bad, So Bad, So Bad)
I Tried To Tell My Mamma But She Told Me
"this Is One For Your Dad"
(your Dad, Your Dad, Your Dad)
Uh! Whhhy? Uh! Whhhy? Uh!
Whhhy Lady? Oh! I Love You Oh!
I Still Love You. Oooh!"

Now I can see why he just had to sing this song at that kind of event. It's just so deep, uplifting and relevant. Really not much different for what passes as pop music these days. But what really is surprising, is that linda enjoys it despite the butchering of the English language evident through out it! :biggrin-new:

Odysseus
03-19-2012, 04:39 PM
Here's the lyrics to his song:

I See You Driving 'round Town
With The Girl I Love And I'm Like,
Fuck You!
Oo, Oo, Ooo
I Guess The Change In My Pocket
Wasn't Enough I'm Like,
Fuck You!
And Fuck Her Too!
I Said, If I Was Richer, I'd Still Be With Ya
Ha, Now Ain't That Some Shit? (ain't That Some Shit?)
And Although There's Pain In My Chest
I Still Wish You The Best With A...
Fuck You!
Oo, Oo, Ooo

Yeah I'm Sorry, I Can't Afford A Ferrari,
But That Don't Mean I Can't Get You There.
I Guess He's An Xbox And I'm More Atari,
But The Way You Play Your Game Ain't Fair.

Well
Ooooooh
Yeah Go Run And Tell Your Little Boyfriend

(chorus)

Now I Know, That I Had To Borrow,
Beg And Steal And Lie And Cheat.
Trying To Keep Ya, Trying To Please Ya.
'Cause Being In Love With You Ass Ain't Cheap.

Well
Ooooooh
I Really Hate Yo Ass Right Now
(chorus)

Now Baby, Baby, Baby, Why D'you Wanna Wanna Hurt Me So Bad?

(so Bad, So Bad, So Bad)
I Tried To Tell My Mamma But She Told Me
"this Is One For Your Dad"
(your Dad, Your Dad, Your Dad)
Uh! Whhhy? Uh! Whhhy? Uh!
Whhhy Lady? Oh! I Love You Oh!
I Still Love You. Oooh!"

Now I can see why he just had to sing this song at that kind of event. It's just so deep, uplifting and relevant. Really not much different for what passes as pop music these days. But what really is surprising, is that linda enjoys it despite the butchering of the English language evident through out it! :biggrin-new:

Considering that he's telling a gold-digging tramp off after she left him for a guy with more money, it's the perfect thing to sing at an Obama fundraiser. Flipping off the crowd was a nice touch, too. Are we sure that this guy isn't a closet Republican?

Bailey
03-19-2012, 04:40 PM
Yeah but wouldn't that make you hate any song?

Well I love her so when she sings it doesnt sound as bad I guess, i am softy at heart.

Starbuck
03-19-2012, 05:44 PM

Well, yes he is.

And why would the GOP or any serious political party need megastars? Are we so shallow and easily manipulated that we need someone who is billed as a megastar to help us make up our mind on matters of national policy?

Black culture has not been a net positive for America.

linda22003
03-20-2012, 08:32 AM
But what really is surprising, is that linda enjoys it despite the butchering of the English language evident through out it! :biggrin-new:

It's got a good beat. You can dance to it. Here's a Cee-Lo song anyone should be able to enjoy. It's completely clean, and brings back wonderful memories of the golden age of Motown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGe3GFWEO2I&ob=av2e

Odysseus
03-20-2012, 08:46 AM
It's got a good beat. You can dance to it.

But what did you score it at?

http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/A/htmlA/americanband/americanbandIMAGE/americanband.jpg

linda22003
03-20-2012, 08:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqucrXm54Ts&feature=related Sorry for the lame Manilow lyrics.

noonwitch
03-20-2012, 10:50 AM
It's got a good beat. You can dance to it. Here's a Cee-Lo song anyone should be able to enjoy. It's completely clean, and brings back wonderful memories of the golden age of Motown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGe3GFWEO2I&ob=av2e

His CD has some great songs on it with no cussing, one with the f word in the title and two that have some somewhat violent sexual imagery (although tame by gangsta standards).

Several of the songs have a total Motown feel to them. Cee-Lo also did some great work as half of Gnarls Barkley.

linda22003
03-20-2012, 11:24 AM
Several of the songs have a total Motown feel to them. Cee-Lo also did some great work as half of Gnarls Barkley.

I liked Gnarls Barkley, but I like Cee Lo on his own better.

AmPat
03-20-2012, 12:49 PM
I liked Gnarls Barkley, but I like Cee Lo on his own better.
I'd watch Charles Barkley singing in drag before I'd waste a nickle on So Low.

Wei Wu Wei
03-20-2012, 06:50 PM
I don't see this as a bad thing. Most Americans would like to flip off a roomful of Obama supporters.

lol :cool: