PDA

View Full Version : Weekend movie review

BadCat
03-19-2012, 09:01 AM
Ok, I don't go to the movie theatre, Hollywood is one of those things I generally boycott, but I do have all the movie channels on DirecTV (I know Hollywood makes $$ from that, just not as much), and on the weekend, they screen the "new" movies.

First up was "Friends With Benefits" with the lovely Mila Kunis.
Watch this thing with the sound off. Mila looks great and spends a lot of time in just bra and panties, often showing lots of crevices and canyons. There is a very quick bare butt shot of Mila, and a lot of "almost boob". For Hai and Nova, there are FAR TOO MANY bare butt shots of Justin Timberlake. Besides the eye candy of Ms. Kunis scantily clad...miss this movie.

Next was "The Green Lantern"...about all I can say about this one is that Blake Lively (as a brunette) was stunning. Special effects were good, story and most of the acting pretty much sucked, and Ms. Lively (stays dressed, it's a comic book movie) couldn't save this dog.

Odysseus
03-19-2012, 10:25 AM
Ok, I don't go to the movie theatre, Hollywood is one of those things I generally boycott, but I do have all the movie channels on DirecTV (I know Hollywood makes $$ from that, just not as much), and on the weekend, they screen the "new" movies.

First up was "Friends With Benefits" with the lovely Mila Kunis.
Watch this thing with the sound off. Mila looks great and spends a lot of time in just bra and panties, often showing lots of crevices and canyons. There is a very quick bare butt shot of Mila, and a lot of "almost boob". For Hai and Nova, there are FAR TOO MANY bare butt shots of Justin Timberlake. Besides the eye candy of Ms. Kunis scantily clad...miss this movie.

Next was "The Green Lantern"...about all I can say about this one is that Blake Lively (as a brunette) was stunning. Special effects were good, story and most of the acting pretty much sucked, and Ms. Lively (stays dressed, it's a comic book movie) couldn't save this dog.

Green Lantern suffered from increased expectations. Had it come out before the spate of much better comic book movies, it would have been better-received. It was adequate, and certainly not a bad way to kill a couple of hours.

Friends With Benefits was, as I understand, the same movie as No Strings, except that Natalie Portman is hotter than Mila Kunis. I've TIVO'd the Portman movie, and plan to fast forward through most of it.

noonwitch
03-19-2012, 12:10 PM
Friends With Benefits was, as I understand, the same movie as No Strings, except that Natalie Portman is hotter than Mila Kunis. I've TIVO'd the Portman movie, and plan to fast forward through most of it.

I assume you've seen "Black Swan", then.

Articulate_Ape
03-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Somehow I get the feeling that BadCat doesn't read Playboy for the articles.

Odysseus
03-19-2012, 02:53 PM
I assume you've seen "Black Swan", then.

Not yet. I assume that she also has laundry issues in that movie?

noonwitch
03-19-2012, 03:32 PM

I'm not sure what you mean, but if you are asking if Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman have a lesbian sex scene in Black Swan, the answer is yes.

Odysseus
03-19-2012, 05:21 PM
I'm not sure what you mean, but if you are asking if Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman have a lesbian sex scene in Black Swan, the answer is yes.

Laundry issues means that she has issues keeping her clothes on. But since you've kit several critical key words, I'll take a look at it. :biggrin-new:

Hawkgirl
03-19-2012, 06:41 PM

Black Swan is in my Worst Movies list.

If I was forced to watch that movie again, or get a root canal, I'd pick the latter.

Articulate_Ape
03-19-2012, 07:43 PM
Black Swan is in my Worst Movies list.

If I was forced to watch that movie again, or get a root canal, I'd pick the latter.

I agree. A highly overrated and predictable film.

JB
03-19-2012, 08:00 PM
I agree. A highly overrated and predictable film.Would you watch the lesbian sex scene again?

Articulate_Ape
03-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Would you watch the lesbian sex scene again?

No. I have bigger tits than either of them.

I gather you would, which means you're ok with gay if it's that way. Amirite?

NJCardFan
03-20-2012, 12:06 AM

Let's just say Natalie and Mila get to, ahem, know each other intimately.

Odysseus
03-20-2012, 08:35 AM
No. I have bigger tits than either of them.

A bit of upper body work will tone up that problem area for you. :biggrin-new:

Let's just say Natalie and Mila get to, ahem, know each other intimately.

Hmmmm.... The only problem is that both of them are huge liberals, and while the visuals sound very interesting, their attitudes are a turnoff. I'll have to try to overcome that.

noonwitch
03-20-2012, 01:32 PM
Hmmmm.... The only problem is that both of them are huge liberals, and while the visuals sound very interesting, their attitudes are a turnoff. I'll have to try to overcome that.

It's not like there are a lot of conservative actresses who have filmed lesbian sex scenes.

Odysseus
03-20-2012, 03:52 PM
It's not like there are a lot of conservative actresses who have filmed lesbian sex scenes.

The only one that comes to mind is the kiss between Sarah Michelle Gellar and Selma Blair in Cruel Intentions. Ah, Buffy... :redface:

Hawkgirl
03-21-2012, 01:35 AM
I watched Girl with a Dragon Tattoo tonight, Great movie...Some uncomfortable scenes though..but overall kept me interested for the entire length of the movie...something that doesn't happen often with me.

Janice
03-21-2012, 02:21 AM
I watched Girl with a Dragon Tattoo tonight, Great movie...Some uncomfortable scenes though..but overall kept me interested for the entire length of the movie...something that doesn't happen often with me.

Saw it a while ago. Agree, good way to pass the time. :cool:

fettpett
03-21-2012, 08:19 AM

which one? the new one or the original one?

BadCat
03-21-2012, 10:16 AM

It's coming on the movie channels in a few weeks. It's on my list.

www.electstevedawes.com

Janice
03-21-2012, 10:43 AM

The new one is the one I watched. It was good. :cool:

Articulate_Ape
03-21-2012, 12:20 PM
The new one is the one I watched. It was good. :cool:

You should watch the original. It was excellent, as were the sequels.

Hawkgirl
03-21-2012, 05:26 PM
The one with Daniel Craig.

Janice
03-21-2012, 05:39 PM
You should watch the original. It was excellent, as were the sequels.

Yes I have. It was indeed excellent.

Thats the new one. :cool:

fettpett
03-22-2012, 08:50 AM

yes, watch the original ones, very well done and closer to the books, my only gripe is the actress isn't the size described in the book

noonwitch
03-22-2012, 09:21 AM

I saw that at the theater during my Christmas vacation. I read and enjoyed the books. I thought the actress who played Lisbeth was excellent. I'm also always glad to see Christopher Plummer acting. I've loved him since TSOM.

Janice
03-22-2012, 10:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzRQwjlecFE

Just watched Underworld Awakening. Definitely no shortage of action in this. :cool:

Janice
05-28-2012, 06:23 PM
http://blog.starwreck.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/iron_sky_eagle_poster.jpg

IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1034314/)

Downloading Iron Sky now. Anybody seen it? The review on IMDb is kinda interesting.

The movie is intentionally campy and plays to a number of eccentric stereotypes. Albeit, it feels very much a European view of some of the US eccentricities. The script was, by and large, well developed, the humor a little cheesy at times but generally spot on and large kudos should be paid to the FX, CGI teams for some outstanding segments in a sub $10M budgeted movie. The best parts include some great inside jokes specific to Americans and Germans, wonderful stereotyping of international ethnicities/prejudices, great attention to detail in costumes, sets, current culture trends ...

Iron Sky new trailer (http://www.ironsky.net/)

RobJohnson
05-29-2012, 09:36 AM
Somehow I get the feeling that BadCat doesn't read Playboy for the articles.

:rotfl:

SarasotaRepub
05-29-2012, 11:29 AM
http://blog.starwreck.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/iron_sky_eagle_poster.jpg

IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1034314/)

Downloading Iron Sky now. Anybody seen it? The review on IMDb is kinda interesting.

Iron Sky new trailer (http://www.ironsky.net/)

OMG!!! That looks hilarious!!!!!

Das Lunar Nazis!!!!

RobJohnson
05-29-2012, 02:59 PM
I'm pretty sure the title of this thread should be:

I watched chick flicks with my wife all weekend. :adoration: