PDA

View Full Version : It's Raining!

Rockntractor
03-19-2012, 06:00 PM
We have had 2"since 2:00 and they said we could have 5" more by morning, we could get all the rain we missed last year in 1 night!

Kay
03-19-2012, 10:53 PM
Dude! Same here. Big storms blew through last night.
The rumbling thunder was sure a welcome blessing to
my ears I'd almost forgotten what thunder sounded like.
And we had lots of hail too. It's kind of drizzled off and
on all evening tonight too.

Retread
03-19-2012, 11:01 PM
We have had 2"since 2:00 and they said we could have 5" more by morning, we could get all the rain we missed last year in 1 night!

Hope none of those twisty things slip in there on you. OKC looks like it caught hell again.

We're about 7 in ahead for the year right now. My front yard is a swamp.

Rockntractor
03-19-2012, 11:01 PM
Dude! Same here. Big storms blew through last night.
The rumbling thunder was sure a welcome blessing to
my ears I'd almost forgotten what thunder sounded like.
And we had lots of hail too. It's kind of drizzled off and
on all evening tonight too.

I was wondering how you were coming out, i had a friend go all the way down to Houston and back up through Dallas last week, he said the hay looked real good so far.

Rockntractor
03-19-2012, 11:05 PM
Hope none of those twisty things slip in there on you. OKC looks like it caught hell again.

Where I am we are up to 4" now, no bad winds or tornado's though.
I have a neighbor that uses a side road that goes past my place and they had to park in my yard and hop the fence to get home, the creek was already 2' deep and rising and they were afraid they wouldn't get out in the morning.

Kay
03-19-2012, 11:18 PM
he said the hay looked real good so far.
Texas should be extra green this summer since practically every square
inch of it burned last year. With just a little rain we'll be nice and green.

Rockntractor
03-19-2012, 11:22 PM
Texas should be extra green this summer since practically every square
inch of it burned last year. With just a little rain we'll be nice and green.

You guys bought all of our hay and shipped it all down there, i am a little ashamed of the prices some of our farmers charged you but things have a way of evening out, if we have a drought and Texas sells us hay, they should show us no mercy!

Rockntractor
03-20-2012, 01:12 PM
I can't get to town through here, I'll have to find another way.
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/IMAG0069.jpg

Rockntractor
03-20-2012, 02:11 PM
Can't get through here.http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smileys-and-emoticons/sad/smileys-sad-706588.gif (http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/)
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/IMAG0070.jpg

Rockntractor
03-20-2012, 02:46 PM
I finally made it through but there is more rain on the way, getting home may be harder yet.

SarasotaRepub
03-20-2012, 07:13 PM
We had some pretty heavy showers just blow thru. :thumbsup:

Rockntractor
03-20-2012, 07:17 PM
We had some pretty heavy showers just blow thru. :thumbsup:

We have more coming tonight, I drove a lot of miles today to get a short distance because of all the dead end roads from the creeks out of their banks.

The downpour came so hard and fast last night it drowned two 3 month old goats, it hasn't been a good day.

Kay
03-21-2012, 08:22 PM
I did not realize it when I posted above, but there was an F2 tornado that touched down just about 15 miles from me in that storm early last Monday AM. Several homes were destroyed.

I'm sure sorry to hear about your babies drowning Rock. :blue:

Rockntractor
03-21-2012, 08:27 PM
I did not realize it when I posted above, but there was an F2 tornado that touched down just about 15 miles from me in that storm early last Monday AM. Several homes were destroyed.

I'm sure sorry to hear about your babies drowning Rock. :blue:

I've got another batch of rain moving in right now and an 80% chance tomorrow, all of this will eventually end up in the Mississippi, they better be ready when it flows through down south!

Retread
03-21-2012, 09:46 PM
We've gotten almost 5 inches this week. My front yard/personal swamp seems to just about dry up and then it comes around again. But I won't complain after last years dry spell. The new water plans around here will break a man trying to keep his landscape alive..