PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Palin: Mr. President, When Should I Expect Your Call?

Odysseus
03-20-2012, 09:29 AM
Mr. President, When Should I Expect Your Call?Posted on March 18, 2012 (http://www.patheos.com/blogs/bristolpalin/2012/03/mr-president-when-should-i-expect-your-call/) by Bristol Palin (http://www.patheos.com/blogs/bristolpalin/author/bristolpalin/)
http://wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/blogs/bristolpalin/files/2012/03/PhotoBPBlog1.png (http://wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/blogs/bristolpalin/files/2012/03/PhotoBPBlog1.png)

Dear President Obama,

You don’t know my telephone number, but I hope your staff is busy trying to find it. Ever since you called Sandra Fluke after Rush Limbaugh called her a slut, I figured I might be next. You explained to reporters you called her because you were thinking of your two daughters, Malia and Sasha. After all, you didn’t want them to think it was okay for men to treat them that way:

“One of the things I want them to do as they get older is engage in issues they care about, even ones I may not agree with them on,” you said. “I want them to be able to speak their mind in a civil and thoughtful way. And I don’t want them attacked or called horrible names because they’re being good citizens.”

And I totally agree your kids should be able to speak their minds and engage the culture. I look forward to seeing what good things Malia and Sasha end up doing with their lives.

But here’s why I’m a little surprised my phone hasn’t rung. Your $1,000,000 donor Bill Maher has said reprehensible things about my family. He’s made fun of my brother because of his Down’s Syndrome. He’s said I was “f—-d so hard a baby fell out.” (In a classy move, he did this while his producers put up the cover of my book, which tells about the forgiveness and redemption I’ve found in God after my past – very public — mistakes.)
If Maher talked about Malia and Sasha that way, you’d return his dirty money and the Secret Service would probably have to restrain you. After all, I’ve always felt you understood my plight more than most because your mom was a teenager. That’s why you stood up for me when you were campaigning against Sen. McCain and my mom — you said vicious attacks on me should be off limits.

Yet I wonder if the Presidency has changed you. Now that you’re in office, it seems you’re only willing to defend certain women. You’re only willing to take a moral stand when you know your liberal supporters will stand behind you.

But…

What if you did something radical and wildly unpopular with your base and took a stand against the denigration of all women… even if they’re just single moms? Even if they’re Republicans?

I’m not expecting your SuperPAC to return the money. You’re going to need every dime to hang on to your presidency. I’m not even really expecting a call. But would it be too much to expect a little consistency? After all, you’re President of all Americans, not just the liberals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5ISKQD7ytSk

__________________________________________________ _____________________
Gutsy kid. Shall we wait for the big O's response?

txradioguy
03-20-2012, 09:55 AM
Bristol Palin: Mr. President, When Should I Expect Your Call?

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2358/2090973527_7576c0e00a.jpg

Novaheart
03-20-2012, 10:35 AM
The inability of some folks to tell apples from oranges is amazing.

You guys really do crack me up sometimes. You brag about the alleged size of Rush Limbaugh's audience, making the quite possibly true claim that he's the most listened to talk radio show in the country if not the world. He and other pundits as well as some politicians refer to him as the most influential man in the GOP. And then you somehow imagine that Bill Maher, whose audience is a fraction of Limbaugh's and whose influence is negligible regardless of how much money he may have donated, is the poster child of hypocrisy.

Compare the guests on the two shows. Maher has people like Megan Whatshername from Will And Grace, Roseanne Barr, and assorted comics, actors, and other celebrities. Limbaugh has politicians, in the bag pundits, and callers that either praise or feed him.

txradioguy
03-20-2012, 11:01 AM

You guys really do crack me up sometimes. You brag about the alleged size of Rush Limbaugh's audience, making the quite possibly true claim that he's the most listened to talk radio show in the country if not the world. He and other pundits as well as some politicians refer to him as the most influential man in the GOP. And then you somehow imagine that Bill Maher, whose audience is a fraction of Limbaugh's and whose influence is negligible regardless of how much money he may have donated, is the poster child of hypocrisy.

Compare the guests on the two shows. Maher has people like Megan Whatshername from Will And Grace, Roseanne Barr, and assorted comics, actors, and other celebrities. Limbaugh has politicians, in the bag pundits, and callers that either praise or feed him.

And your ability to try and piss down our back and convince us it's raining is beyond disbelief.

Ok Novatwit...if you're gonna explain away that insult...see how you do with this one:

Trig Trutherism, the surprisingly resilient conspiracy theory that Sarah Palin is not actually the mother of 3-year-old Trig Palin, is experiencing a boomlet thanks to a new academic paper that endorses the concept. Long pursued by the blogger Andrew Sullivan and a significant segment of the Palin-hating left, Trig Trutherism holds that Trig's real mother is either Bristol Palin or some third party, and that Sarah Palin herself faked the pregnancy to avoid embarrassment for her daughter or for political gain or some combination of reasons.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2011/04/23/trig-truther-andrew-sullivan-disappointed-advertisers-dumped-palin-ba#ixzz1pfYoYAyz

Andrew Sullivan claims that Trig palin is the result of incest between Todd and Bristol.

Go ahead DUmbass...explain that one away as apples and oranges.

Face it Novatwit...as long as the letter beside the person's name is (D) anything they say or do is 100% ok with you and the other Libtards.

And since calling somone in the political ring a "prostitute or a whore" is now shameful and worthy of criminal prosecution...how about Alec Baldwin calling james Inhofe a "whore" and Robert Kennedy Jr. calling him a "prostitute".

C'mon Nova explain them away and let that good old Libtard double standard shine bright.

Novaheart
03-20-2012, 11:12 AM
Andrew Sullivan claims that Trig palin is the result of incest between Todd and Bristol.

Go ahead DUmbass...explain that one away as apples and oranges.

Face it Novatwit...as long as the letter beside the person's name is (D) anything they say or do is 100% ok with you and the other Libtards.

And since calling somone in the political ring a "prostitute or a whore" is now shameful and worthy of criminal prosecution...how about Alec Baldwin calling james Inhofe a "whore" and Robert Kennedy Jr. calling him a "prostitute".

C'mon Nova explain them away and let that good old Libtard double standard shine bright.

I routinely call politicians of both sexes whores. I despise the fact that their votes are bought publicly and shamelessly, and the public is then insulted by them when they claim that they merely accept donations from those who agree with them rather than agreeing with those who donate money.

As for the parentage of Trig Palin- this is a quite vulgar practice but one which is age old. My grandparents moved from DC back to our hometown so that my aunt would be born to my grandmother with witnesses, as the newborn would be 15 years younger than my mother.

txradioguy
03-20-2012, 11:49 AM
I routinely call politicians of both sexes whores. I despise the fact that their votes are bought publicly and shamelessly, and the public is then insulted by them when they claim that they merely accept donations from those who agree with them rather than agreeing with those who donate money.

As expected you explain it away so as not to realize or admit the fact that the very people pointing fingers and acting shocked at what Limbaugh said have in fact said the same things about people public as well as private that are far worse.

Again showing that brightly shining double standard used by all Liberals.

Good job Nova.

As for the parentage of Trig Palin- this is a quite vulgar practice but one which is age old. My grandparents moved from DC back to our hometown so that my aunt would be born to my grandmother with witnesses, as the newborn would be 15 years younger than my mother.

Wow...and just when I thought you couldn't contort yourself into a pretzel anymore than you already have to defend the vulgarities of the left...you twist yourself up some more.

Claiming the child of a former candidate for VP and Governor of a state is the product of incest between the fater and daughter is most certainly NOT a practice which is "age old". It's beyond the pale...even for Liberals who will make any wild accusation about political foes no matter how wild the tale.

Novaheart
03-20-2012, 12:04 PM
As expected you explain it away so as not to realize or admit the fact that the very people pointing fingers and acting shocked at what Limbaugh said have in fact said the same things about people public as well as private that are far worse.

Again showing that brightly shining double standard used by all Liberals.

Good job Nova.

Wow...and just when I thought you couldn't contort yourself into a pretzel anymore than you already have to defend the vulgarities of the left...you twist yourself up some more.

Claiming the child of a former candidate for VP and Governor of a state is the product of incest between the fater and daughter is most certainly NOT a practice which is "age old". It's beyond the pale...even for Liberals who will make any wild accusation about political foes no matter how wild the tale.

I'm sorry if I was unclear in my point. Claiming incest is not the age-old practice I referred to, and I have never heard anyone suggest that Todd Palin had sex with Bristol. The age old practice I referred to, was the gossip and claim that a late in life child is actually the child of the much older daughter.

Odysseus
03-20-2012, 12:43 PM

Obama felt that Limbaugh's comments regarding Fluke were so awful that he had to call and console her. Maher, who gave $1 million to Obama's reelection PAC, said far worse about other women, including the daughter of a vice presidential candidate and governor. If Obama is appalled by the content of Limbaugh's statement, then he should be just as appalled by the far worse conduct of one of his most prominent backers, and should ask his Super PAC to return the money (which, BTW, they don't have to do, since he isn't supposed to be coordinating with them). If, OTOH, he is simply a political opportunist who is trying to score points against an ideological oppoenent, and is, in fact, indifferent to political attacks on women unless he can benefit from them, then he will do nothing.

It is his cynical opportunism that is the issue.

noonwitch
03-20-2012, 01:18 PM
The jokes comedians made about Bristol Palin were over the line of decency.

However, when a "family values" conservative republican's teenaged daughter gets pregnant out of wedlock, the situation is ironically hilarious. When that same young lady becomes a reality tv star as an adult, well, I think that her demand that the president apologize to her qualifies her as a "publicity whore". Not a prostitute whore, but a publicity whore. She's got to stay in the headlines if she's going to compete with Snooki for reality star diva status.

I personally don't care if Rush called someone a name, or if Bill Maher made nasty comments. The first amendment applies in both cases. Nova's trying to differentiate between them is silly-Maher has serious politicians on his show, along with his entertainers who also appear. Darryl Issa has appeared on his show on numerous occasions, as have many democrats. Last week he had the mayor of OKC on the show. To say that Rush is a "serious" conservative commentator is not a fair argument given that.

NJCardFan
03-20-2012, 01:35 PM
Nova, I think you should give the NHL a call because if you can deflect hockey pucks with the same effectiveness you deflect the issues, you'd be a perennial Vezina Trophy winner. The truth of the matter is when Fluke decided to become a leftist shill, she, too, became a political figure much in the same way Joe the Plumber did during the 2008 campaign. You do remember how he was lambasted by the left don't you? But I suppose to you it was OK. As for Bristol and the rest of the Palin children, they were unfairly drug through the mud by your ilk and to this day not one of them have gotten a call from the President, even after Letterman suggested that Palin's underage daughter have sex with A-Rod. Again, liberal hypocrisy at it's best.

Novaheart
03-20-2012, 01:36 PM
Nova's trying to differentiate between them is silly-Maher has serious politicians on his show, along with his entertainers who also appear. Darryl Issa has appeared on his show on numerous occasions, as have many democrats. Last week he had the mayor of OKC on the show. To say that Rush is a "serious" conservative commentator is not a fair argument given that.

I was not aware that Maher had politicians on his show. The last time I watched it, his guests were The Duchess of York and some ratty looking New Yorkers.

Any idea who was President at the time of the Todd Palin comment?

NJCardFan
03-20-2012, 01:39 PM
I was not aware that Maher had politicians on his show. The last time I watched it, his guests were The Duchess of York and some ratty looking New Yorkers.

Any idea who was President at the time of the Todd Palin comment?

http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/4cf132774bd7c82b5c030000/hartford-whalers-connecticut-goalie-nhl-hockey-save.jpg

Starbuck
03-20-2012, 01:41 PM

:biggrin-new: Now, that post is truly funny!

Some women may be insulted and others, not so much.:adoration:

NJCardFan
03-20-2012, 01:47 PM

However, when a "family values" conservative republican's teenaged daughter gets pregnant out of wedlock, the situation is ironically hilarious. When that same young lady becomes a reality tv star as an adult, well, I think that her demand that the president apologize to her qualifies her as a "publicity whore". Not a prostitute whore, but a publicity whore. She's got to stay in the headlines if she's going to compete with Snooki for reality star diva status.

I personally don't care if Rush called someone a name, or if Bill Maher made nasty comments. The first amendment applies in both cases. Nova's trying to differentiate between them is silly-Maher has serious politicians on his show, along with his entertainers who also appear. Darryl Issa has appeared on his show on numerous occasions, as have many democrats. Last week he had the mayor of OKC on the show. To say that Rush is a "serious" conservative commentator is not a fair argument given that.
See, this is where you libs just don't get it. Yes Sarah Palin is a family values kind of person but that doesn't mean that she and her children aren't humans who make mistakes. See, the thing is, contrary to leftist beliefs, conservatives don't tend to turn their backs on loved ones who've screwed up. That's the wonderful thing about Christianity and that's the power of forgiveness. Also, Bristol owned up to her mistake and didn't A) abort the child as a matter of convenience and B) is making a living on her own and isn't relying on others(and don't give me any bullshit about her famous mother).

enslaved1
03-20-2012, 02:09 PM
:biggrin-new: Now, that post is truly funny!

Some women may be insulted and others, not so much.:adoration:

All animals are equal, some are more equal than others, don't you know.

AmPat
03-20-2012, 02:46 PM

The inability of some folks to tell apples from oranges is amazing. Hello, reality calling for Nova, come in Nova. You lamely attempt to quibble this away as an "apples and oranges" comparison due to a completely unrelated component. Size of audience and relative popularity is NOT the issue and either you know it and are a liar or you are truly stupid. This is about HYPOCRISY. Your God, O Blah Blah, and all the other liberal idiots including you, the O Blah Blah apologist are hypocrites.

FlaGator
03-20-2012, 03:30 PM

Why is it ironically hilarious? Are the children of family value candidate less prone to teenage rebellion than the children other candidates? So it is funny when their children make life changing mistakes but it tragic when non-family value candidates children make the same mistake?

Come to think of it, if someone is not for family values then what are they for? Anti-family values?

Hawkgirl
03-20-2012, 03:51 PM
Excellent letter! Way to go Bristol!!!

Novaheart
03-20-2012, 03:53 PM
Why is it ironically hilarious? Are the children of family value candidate less prone to teenage rebellion than the children other candidates? So it is funny when their children make life changing mistakes but it tragic when non-family value candidates children make the same mistake?

Come to think of it, if someone is not for family values then what are they for? Anti-family values?

I've never met a politician, or anyone else (meaning a peer) who was anti-family values.

I wouldn't call it ironically hilarious when a self righteous jackass has an expecting teenager child, whether that jackass is a politician, a priest, a minister, or a civilian. I'd call it time for him or her to clean up his own backyard.

Novaheart
03-20-2012, 04:10 PM

Who did that?

I would add that much of America is more than willing to believe that Thomas Jefferson raped a slave girl and fathered her children, despite the evidence to the contrary, despite the fact that the allegation is known both in author and character as political slander.

noonwitch
03-20-2012, 04:22 PM
See, this is where you libs just don't get it. Yes Sarah Palin is a family values kind of person but that doesn't mean that she and her children aren't humans who make mistakes. See, the thing is, contrary to leftist beliefs, conservatives don't tend to turn their backs on loved ones who've screwed up. That's the wonderful thing about Christianity and that's the power of forgiveness. Also, Bristol owned up to her mistake and didn't A) abort the child as a matter of convenience and B) is making a living on her own and isn't relying on others(and don't give me any bullshit about her famous mother).

It's ironically hilarious to a 47 year old virgin who happens to be a liberal. I made the right choices, she didn't.

Not that I care, but if you really think Bristol would have been a contestant on DWTS without her mother's fame.... I have no problem with her career as a reality tv star, other than I think reality tv is stupid and that all participants are basically publicity whores. Look at me! I have no talent, but I have a television show because network execs are too cheap to provide the public with quality entertainment!

Odysseus
03-20-2012, 04:26 PM

When Maher hosted Politically Incorrect, he got politicians on all the time, especially when it was done on the East Coast (the politicians would fly up from DC, do the show, and head back down), but when it relocated to LA, it got more entertainment oriented because the pols couldn't get there as frequently. His cable show gets whoever it can get. However, Maher's standing as a comic isn't the issue, the issue is that he is a virulent misogynist who has given a great deal of money to a super PAC that supports a Democratic president who claims to be a champion of women. Clearly, this would mean that Obama should be as appalled by Maher's comments (note the plural) about conservative women (plural) as he was by Rush's comment (singular) about one woman (singular), and reject the money, or at least repudiate Maher. Obama won't do that because his concern is not for the welfare of women, but for the advancement of his political agenda.

I've never met a politician, or anyone else (meaning a peer) who was anti-family values.

Sure you have. The left constantly attacks traditional families in order to undermine them. People with strong family ties don't need a nanny state.

Starbuck
03-20-2012, 04:30 PM
Excellent letter! Way to go Bristol!!!

It was! And the thing is, Obama stepped into the same pile of doo-doo that he encountered when he accused the police of "acting stupidly" and then went and had a beer summit. Namely, he has diminished himself and The Office of The President.

Starbuck
03-20-2012, 04:32 PM
........... People with strong family ties don't need a nanny state.

Ill even step it up a notch. No one needs a nanny state; family ties or no.

AmPat
03-20-2012, 04:46 PM

I wouldn't call it ironically hilarious when a self righteous jackass has an expecting teenager child, whether that jackass is a politician, a priest, a minister, or a civilian. I'd call it time for him or her to clean up his own backyard.Forest, what forest? If only somebody would cut down these damnable trees, I might be able to see it.:rolleyes:

NJCardFan
03-20-2012, 09:28 PM

I wouldn't call it ironically hilarious when a self righteous jackass has an expecting teenager child, whether that jackass is a politician, a priest, a minister, or a civilian. I'd call it time for him or her to clean up his own backyard.
http://www.newgrip.com/Goalie_Nate_Price.jpg

NJCardFan
03-20-2012, 09:29 PM
Who did that?

I would add that much of America is more than willing to believe that Thomas Jefferson raped a slave girl and fathered her children, despite the evidence to the contrary, despite the fact that the allegation is known both in author and character as political slander.

http://www.thirdage.com/files/originals/lundqvist-makes-save-washington--dc-218.jpg