PDA

View Full Version : New York Times runs anti-Catholic smear ad, rejects ad that tells truth about Islam

Odysseus
03-20-2012, 12:26 PM
New York Times runs anti-Catholic smear ad, rejects ad that tells truth about Islam and jihad
After this ad ran in the New York Times, Pamela Geller decided to see if they would allow a similar ad regarding Islam:
http://www.jihadwatch.org/images/AntiCatholicad.jpg

So we decided to see what would happen if an ad made another religion the focus of such an approach, and patterned our ad closely after that one:
http://www.jihadwatch.org/images/NYTad.jpg

Predictably, the New York Times is operating according to a double standard, and rejected our ad. Pamela Geller has the whole story, as well as the full texts of each ad, here (http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2012/03/counter-jihad-offense-afdisioa-counters-new-york-times-anti-catholic-ad-with-same-only-accurate.html).

__________________________________________________ _________
Anybody surprised by this?

Rockntractor
03-20-2012, 12:32 PM
Also more recent anti Catholic crap.
http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?48069-JPMorgan-Chase-Closes-Vatican-Bank-Account

NJCardFan
03-20-2012, 12:50 PM
Doesn't surprise me at all. Hypocrisy and double standards are the way of the left. Always has been. This is why they call people like GWB war criminals while holding mass murderers like Che, Stalin, and Mao up as gods among men. Why they want to drag people like Newt through the mud because of his supposed sexual desires while falling all over themselves to let everyone know that it was no big deal that a sitting president was openly adulterous in the Oval Office. And it's also why they strive for a woman's right to murder her unborn and even young children and yet will protest with vigor to save a convicted murderer from being executed. Their levels of disgust are endless.

Novaheart
03-20-2012, 12:54 PM
Doesn't surprise me at all. Hypocrisy and double standards are the way of the left. Always has been. This is why they call people like GWB war criminals while holding mass murderers like Che, Stalin, and Mao up as gods among men. Why they want to drag people like Newt through the mud because of his supposed sexual desires while falling all over themselves to let everyone know that it was no big deal that a sitting president was openly adulterous in the Oval Office. And it's also why they strive for a woman's right to murder her unborn and even young children and yet will protest with vigor to save a convicted murderer from being executed. Their levels of disgust are endless.

Guevara, Stalin, and Mao are dead. Bush isn't. Mind you I don't support "taking him to the Hague" or any other such nonsense, merely pointing out that your objection is untimely.

Novaheart
03-20-2012, 12:58 PM
[h=1]New York Times runs anti-Catholic smear ad, rejects ad that tells truth about Islam.......

__________________________________________________ _________
Anybody surprised by this?

Mind you I would like to see both in the dustbin of history, quaint memories like other mythologies and cults of our collective past, but I do feel the need to point out that the Catholic Church is not a religion, it is a denomination in the US, a corporation in the US and worldwide, and a recognized theocratic monarchy as the Holy See whereas Islam is a religion without a central structure, a single designated throne and prince.

Of course, a thousand years from now Judaism, Christianity, and Islam will be seen by history as three denominations of a single religion, all equally superstitious and remarkable simply for living into an age of relatively advanced thinking and technology.

noonwitch
03-20-2012, 01:06 PM
This is America-catholics and muslims have equal rights to live by medieval codes in a modern world. They just don't have the right to drag the rest of us back in time with them.

Novaheart
03-20-2012, 01:11 PM
This is America-catholics and muslims have equal rights to live by medieval codes in a modern world. They just don't have the right to drag the rest of us back in time with them.

amenz

Rockntractor
03-20-2012, 01:30 PM

Explain how they are forcing their beliefs and practices on everyone else.

NJCardFan
03-20-2012, 01:37 PM
Guevara, Stalin, and Mao are dead. Bush isn't. Mind you I don't support "taking him to the Hague" or any other such nonsense, merely pointing out that your objection is untimely.

They may be dead but they are STILL held in high regard among the left. Unless I dream the Che t-shirts. Don't see too many conservatives holding Bush in the same regard so, once again, you're attempt at deflection fails.

Odysseus
03-20-2012, 02:04 PM

Castro is still alive, and most of Che's victims were killed on Castro's behalf. Mao is dead, but many of his lieutenants are still running China, and the Laogai has never closed down. These people should face justice for their crimes.

txradioguy
03-20-2012, 02:39 PM
Castro is still alive, and most of Che's victims were killed on Castro's behalf. Mao is dead, but many of his lieutenants are still running China, and the Laogai has never closed down. These people should face justice for their crimes.

Nova will never buy into or agree with you on this. For the simple fact that the Communists...like the Libtards on this board believe there is no God and that there is no higher power than the Central Government.

Odysseus
03-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Mind you I would like to see both in the dustbin of history, quaint memories like other mythologies and cults of our collective past, but I do feel the need to point out that the Catholic Church is not a religion, it is a denomination in the US, a corporation in the US and worldwide, and a recognized theocratic monarchy as the Holy See whereas Islam is a religion without a central structure, a single designated throne and prince.

You've got it backwards. It's Islam that is the threat. It's a totalitarian theocratic doctrine that has religious aspects, but demands the subjugation of all peoples throughout the world. Christianity, and specifically the Catholic Church, has no designs on unbelievers beyond prosletyzing. Most Christians of any denomination don't care what others do to themselves, so long as they do not inflict it on them. They don't begrudge Sandra Fluke her birth control, they just object to paying for it. It's the imams who would have her stoned to death for fornicating.

Of course, a thousand years from now Judaism, Christianity, and Islam will be seen by history as three denominations of a single religion, all equally superstitious and remarkable simply for living into an age of relatively advanced thinking and technology.

And, of course, you know this because you've seen the future, or did the T-1000 tell you that just before it melted in the foundry? :rolleyes:

And, as always, you miss the point. The threat to western civilization is not Christianity or Judaism, but Islam, and that is why the Times sides with Islam and against Christianity and Judaism.

Rockntractor
03-20-2012, 03:29 PM
They may be dead but they are STILL held in high regard among the left. Unless I dream the Che t-shirts. Don't see too many conservatives holding Bush in the same regard so, once again, you're attempt at deflection fails.

We could get Bush tee shirts and wear them around people Nova will never meet hundreds of miles away from him, just to piss him off!http://gfxlovers.com/smilies/imgs/foolish/foolish004.gif (http://gfxlovers.com/smilies)

NJCardFan
03-20-2012, 09:33 PM

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2010/04/21/sports/hockey/21howard_slapshotblog/21howard_slapshotblog-blogSpan.jpg

NJCardFan
03-20-2012, 09:39 PM
You've got it backwards. It's Islam that is the threat. It's a totalitarian theocratic doctrine that has religious aspects, but demands the subjugation of all peoples throughout the world. Christianity, and specifically the Catholic Church, has no designs on unbelievers beyond prosletyzing. Most Christians of any denomination don't care what others do to themselves, so long as they do not inflict it on them. They don't begrudge Sandra Fluke her birth control, they just object to paying for it. It's the imams who would have her stoned to death for fornicating.

And, of course, you know this because you've seen the future, or did the T-1000 tell you that just before it melted in the foundry? :rolleyes:

And, as always, you miss the point. The threat to western civilization is not Christianity or Judaism, but Islam, and that is why the Times sides with Islam and against Christianity and Judaism.

Actually, this is nova being the typical nova who constantly deflects the issue and the point of the argument. This is why from now on I am no longer going to respond to his deflective comments with words but rather by posting assorted pics of deflection. As I said in another thread, nova should be a hockey goalie because if he can deflect pucks in the same manner he deflects the issue, he'd be the greatest goaltender since Dominic Hasek.

Odysseus
03-21-2012, 08:37 AM
Actually, this is nova being the typical nova who constantly deflects the issue and the point of the argument. This is why from now on I am no longer going to respond to his deflective comments with words but rather by posting assorted pics of deflection. As I said in another thread, nova should be a hockey goalie because if he can deflect pucks in the same manner he deflects the issue, he'd be the greatest goaltender since Dominic Hasek.

I'd be on board with that if it meant that we got to shoot pucks at his face. :biggrin-new:

txradioguy
03-21-2012, 09:45 AM
I'd be on board with that if it meant that we got to shoot pucks at his face. :biggrin-new:

Wait...you mean he's not the puck in those pictures? :concern:

Odysseus
03-21-2012, 10:04 AM
Wait...you mean he's not the puck in those pictures? :concern:

No, the arguments are the puck, and he's desperately trying to fend them off, but so far, he's permitted hat tricks from just about all of us. :biggrin-new:

noonwitch
03-22-2012, 09:18 AM
Explain how they are forcing their beliefs and practices on everyone else.

Catholics or muslims?

I don't think either are forcing their opinions on us, in the USA, at this point in time. We have a constitution to protect us from that.

Both religions have medevial viewpoints of women-one of them is just still willing to kill women over it in modern times.

NJCardFan
03-22-2012, 10:39 AM
Catholics or muslims?

I don't think either are forcing their opinions on us, in the USA, at this point in time. We have a constitution to protect us from that.

Both religions have medevial viewpoints of women-one of them is just still willing to kill women over it in modern times.

So the fact that some courts in this country believe that in prosecuting crimes such as honor killings Sharia law should be taken into account means no never mind to you?

JB
03-23-2012, 04:32 AM
New York Times runs anti-Catholic smear ad, rejects ad that tells truth about Islam and jihadDid you see their reason for not running the Islam ad? They were concerned about US troops in Afghanistan. What a freaking laugh riot.

Can you imagine? The New York Times actually concerned about US troops. OK.

JB
03-23-2012, 04:55 AM
This is America-catholics...don't have the right to drag the rest of us back in time with them.Because that Separation of Church and State thingy that liberals love to hide behind everytime someone says God Bless You was used by the good guys this time, your side suddenly has everyone running for cover like the main conveyor at the Cheetos factory has broken.

One day Barry decides he no longer cares for the "religious employers" exemption afforded to Catholic institutions as part of that First Amendment thing I hear so much about so he tells Our Lady of Perpetual Grace hospital (who serves anyone that walks in their doors, if they can pay or not, and hires anyone that is qualified) that they now have to pay for Sandy Flukes insatiable appetite for contraception when, yesterday, they did not have to pay for it and did not care how many pills or Trojan Magnums she purchased each day.

"The Catholics" said hold on, aren't we granted a First Amendment exemption? In his mind Barry knows the answer is yes because he's supposed to be some sort of Constitutional scholar but he has no choice but to say "no" because in his heart he knows that same Constitution does not allow the federal government to do enough stuff to you as opposed to protecting you from stuff. And all he really wants to do is do stuff to you.

So, what part of this issue is dragging you back in time?

Odysseus
03-23-2012, 07:21 AM
Did you see their reason for not running the Islam ad? They were concerned about US troops in Afghanistan. What a freaking laugh riot.

Can you imagine? The New York Times actually concerned about US troops. OK.

The Times doesn't run comics, but never say that they don't have a sense of humor.