PDA

View Full Version : Palin won't meet with 'Troopergate' investigator

LogansPapa
09-15-2008, 09:04 PM
By GENE JOHNSON – 30 minutes ago

http://i33.tinypic.com/2yox17p.jpg

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — A campaign spokesman says Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin won't speak with an investigator hired by lawmakers to look into the firing of her public safety commissioner.

McCain campaign spokesman Ed O'Callaghan told a news conference Monday that the governor, the Republican nominee for vice president, will not cooperate as long as the investigation "remains tainted." He said he doesn't know whether Palin's husband would challenge a subpoena issued to compel his cooperation.

The campaign insists the investigation has been hijacked by Democrats. It says it can prove Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan was fired because of insubordination on budget issues — not because he refused to fire a state trooper who had divorced Palin's sister.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jOTk11gvqDAgD0cY3i4WjI_2YOxwD937FUGO0

Eyelids
09-15-2008, 09:37 PM
This is a bad move on her part.

Lager
09-15-2008, 09:39 PM
This isn't really going to do it for you. You'll have to keep digging.

PoliCon
09-15-2008, 09:40 PM
I think they meant to say that the investigation has been hijacked by Pro-NObama democrats who are looking to smear Palin any which way they can.

Any idiot can see that her conversations about her ex-brother-in-law the scumbag happened BEFORE she was governor. This whole investigation is to besmirch her so the dems can get power.

Bubba Dawg
09-15-2008, 09:46 PM

It depends. Politically, it may be a bad move because it gives the appearance of having something to hide.

Legally, it may be a smart strategy because you don't give information unless you have to. Being willing to and being required to answer questions (as in a subpoena) is a completely different matter.

However, It remains to be seen whether the issue of her willingness or unwillingness to respond to questions on this matter will be viewed negatively by the electorate.

LogansPapa
09-15-2008, 09:54 PM
This whole investigation is to besmirch her so the dems can get power.

Was not one of the State officials calling for the sepenas a Republican?:confused:

Zathras
09-15-2008, 10:19 PM

Yeah...if you're an Obaahma supporter.

Eyelids
09-15-2008, 10:26 PM
It depends. Politically, it may be a bad move because it gives the appearance of having something to hide.

Well shes running on a presidential ticket so yeah, I think the political angle is one to be taken.

PoliCon
09-15-2008, 10:27 PM
Was not one of the State officials calling for the sepenas a Republican?:confused:Then vs now.

Additionally - didn't she buck and fight the party? Didn't she blow the whistle on several high level republicans?

AmPat
09-15-2008, 10:30 PM

This is a move that will shine the light on the DIM cockroaches who are attempting to hijack an election on made up appearances. If she can prove what her attorney says, Dim liberals will be running and ducking.

If she cannot prove her case, she is smart to avoid it. Once she is VEEP, we can listen to libs wail incessantly about VEEPeachment.

megimoo
09-15-2008, 10:30 PM
This is a bad move on her part.BullCrap its a setup !

LogansPapa
09-15-2008, 10:39 PM
Then vs now.

Additionally - didn't she buck and fight the party? Didn't she blow the whistle on several high level republicans?

Republican efforts to delay the probe until after the Nov. 4 election were thwarted when GOP State Sen. Charlie Huggins, who represents Palin's hometown of Wasilla, sided with Democrats. "Let's just get the facts on the table," said Huggins, who appeared in camouflage pants to vote during a break from moose hunting.

:D

PoliCon
09-15-2008, 11:09 PM
I have no problem with getting the facts on the table. truth be told - I don't care if she did fire the guy because he refusted to fire her derranged Brother-in-law. I'm betting for a lot of middle America - it will be a feather in her cap. We're tired of Unions protecting assholes and incompetents. Would you keep a police officer with that guys record?

rjas77
09-15-2008, 11:54 PM
This is a non issue...

Non elected commisioners serve at the descresion of the Govoner...period.

Scarlet
09-16-2008, 02:20 AM
What makes me mad is that Obama has some of his top "people" meeting with the head of that troopers union. I cant remember which blog. What are they meeting for? Slimmy, slithery snake.
________
ROLL BLUNTS (http://howtorollablunt.net/)

LibraryLady
09-16-2008, 02:28 AM
Former Palin Press Secretary Meg Stapleton told reporters in Anchorage that the power probe has been "hijacked" by "Obama operatives" for the Democratic presidential nominee -- namely, Alaska state Sen. Hollis French, the Democratic lawmaker managing the investigation and an Obama supporter.

McCain campaign spokesman Ed O'Callaghan said, "I think it's fair to say that the governor is not going to cooperate with that investigation so long as it remained tainted and run by partisan individuals who have a predetermined conclusion," referring to a comment by French this month that the case could produce criminal charges or an "October Surprise" for the GOP ticket.

One lawmaker complained earlier this month that state Sen. Hollis French, the Anchorage Democrat overseeing the investigation, appears to be steering the investigation "in a manner that will have maximum partisan political impact on the national and state elections."

I wouldn't talk to these partisan hacks either.

Eyelids
09-16-2008, 02:44 AM
Palin wont cooperate with investigations:

1) she doesnt have complete control over
2) she doesnt get to accuse people

I also like how bipartisan she is! What a reformer, look at her cross the aisle!

LibraryLady
09-16-2008, 02:51 AM
You can watch her when she's President of the senate.

LibraryLady
09-16-2008, 03:09 AM
monegan has as bad a reputation as Wooten.

Monegan had his own share of domestic troubles - some of them spilling all the way down to the Bay Area.

In October 1994, Monegan's estranged wife, who had moved from Alaska to the Peninsula with the couple's two daughters after more than 10 years of marriage, sought a temporary restraining order against him - accusing Monegan of threatening to kill her, waving a gun at her and dislocating her shoulder, according to her declaration on file in Santa Clara County Superior Court.

In an interview last week, Georgene Moldovan said Monegan had threatened several times to throw her body in an Alaska river.

Moldovan was an emergency room doctor and professor at Stanford and shuttled back and forth from Alaska to the Peninsula the last seven years of their marriage. Monegan asked her for a divorce in 1993, but snapped when he learned he might lose the couple's house, she says.

One day in April 1993, she said in her court filing, "he pulled out his gun and waved it at me outside my home and yelled he would kill me if I stopped him."

AmPat
09-16-2008, 07:03 AM
Palin wont cooperate with investigations:

1) she doesnt have complete control over
2) she doesnt get to accuse people

I also like how bipartisan she is! What a reformer, look at her cross the aisle!

Either your vast experience tells you this or you are projecting based on your love affair of Uh-Bama.

This will backfire on the Lib turds like all their failed attacks of past elections. If they force the issue, the partisan hacks will be exposed.

Frivolous lawsuits anyone?

Sonnabend
09-16-2008, 07:25 AM
Palin wont cooperate with the investigation because

1) she doesnt intend to get mired down by a partisan, smear infested "investigation" into a non issue

2) she doesn't intend to be the target of a politically motivated hit squad

I wouldn't do it either...until I could be assured that the people "investigating" were non partisan and had no ties to either campaign.

This is what we Aussies call "a kangaroo court". A more vivid term is "witch hunt".

Plame, anyone?

PoliCon
09-16-2008, 08:44 AM
Either your vast experience tells you this or you are projecting based on your love affair of Uh-Bama.

This will backfire on the Lib turds like all their failed attacks of past elections. If they force the issue, the partisan hacks will be exposed.

Frivolous lawsuits anyone? Lefties tend to project their own motivations onto others in cases like this. He can't help himself. It's what they have taught him to do.

LogansPapa
09-16-2008, 10:23 AM
Lets discuss the matter of commitment. Did she make any commitment previously to cooperate fully with an investigation? If so - that qualifies her as just another politician and therefore she's nothing special.

biccat
09-16-2008, 11:00 AM
Was not one of the State officials calling for the sepenas a Republican?:confused:
What the hell is a sepena?

edit: Maybe you mean subpoena?

Lets discuss the matter of commitment. Did she make any commitment previously to cooperate fully with an investigation? If so - that qualifies her as just another politician and therefore she's nothing special.
Not like your Messiah, right? Obama must be something fresh and new and completely unique in politics, because he says so. Also, he's BLACK, so you know he's not an ordinary politician!

Day by day, your mask is slipping LP.

LogansPapa
09-16-2008, 11:02 AM
What the hell is a sepena?

edit: Maybe you mean subpoena?

Not like your Messiah, right? Obama must be something fresh and new and completely unique in politics, because he says so. Also, he's BLACK, so you know he's not an ordinary politician!

Day by day, your mask is slipping LP.

Just to keep the record straight, biccat: You have made this same accusation dozens of times previously and as many times I have said Iím voting for John McCain in the 2008 presidential race - out of a sense of loyalty to my deceased father, an MCPO with the USN, that happened to serve with said candidate. If you wish to continue shitting on the memory of Chief Duffy - do so at the risk of offending others in this forum serving presently and veterans that have served.

biccat
09-16-2008, 11:15 AM
Just to keep the record straight, biccat: You have made this same accusation dozens of times previously and as many times I have said Iím voting for John McCain in the 2008 presidential race - out of a sense of loyalty to my deceased father, an MCPO with the USN, that happened to serve with said candidate. If you wish to continue shitting on the memory of Chief Duffy - do so at the risk of offending others in this forum serving presently and veterans that have served.

Please. How does my pointing out that you're an Obama supporter offend any vet or current serviceman? :rolleyes:

I respect your father for his service, but disrespect you for your duplicity.

wineslob
09-16-2008, 03:46 PM
Dimlids, and Loganspoopa, she scares the shit out you two, dosen't she?

Eyelids
09-16-2008, 03:56 PM

As Vice President she surely would, imagine her trying to lead this country after something like 9/11... ugh the thought is mortifying.

LogansPapa
09-16-2008, 04:05 PM

Why, exactly, would she scare me?

YupItsMe
09-16-2008, 04:20 PM
As Vice President she surely would, imagine her trying to lead this country after something like 9/11... ugh the thought is mortifying.

Yes, Because I'm sure Obama setting up a midnight basketball game with the terrorists would be so much better. The guys a lightweight and not very bright on his feet as we are starting to see. I believe the McCain campaign lured him into using the "he can't e-mail ad" and Obama bought into it hook, line and sinker. Our enemies are a lot more clever than that and will play him like a fiddle.

lacarnut
09-16-2008, 04:47 PM

The thought of Obama leading the country would be terrifying. Palin IS, IS, IS going to be a great President. She will mirror Reagan and what conservatives have been searching for.

LogansPapa
09-16-2008, 04:53 PM
Reagan was a Pentecostal? ;)

PoliCon
09-16-2008, 06:01 PM
As Vice President she surely would, imagine her trying to lead this country after something like 9/11... ugh the thought is mortifying. not nearly as mortifying as imagining your m0ssiahs weak and palid reaction. I can just see him waging his finger and telling the terrorists to play nice and how he'll give them - just one more chance. . . . and then another . . . . . and then another . . . .

AmPat
09-16-2008, 06:23 PM

Way less "mortifying" than John FrankensKerry, Al Bore, or Uh-Bama.