PDA

View Full Version : You're Surfing your TV.....

Hawkgirl
03-25-2012, 11:44 PM
...which movies do you automatically watch if you accidentally tune in?

No matter what time, or which day, (unless I am heading to work), I will always stop and watch these movies and I've probably seen them dozens of times...

1. Godfather 1 and 2
2. The Fugitive
3. Enough

Retread
03-25-2012, 11:48 PM
Roadhouse
Die hard
damn near anything with The Duke

Hawkgirl
Roadhouse
Die hard
damn near anything with The Duke

Yeah, same here with Die Hard, the first one.

Rockntractor
...which movies do you automatically watch if you accidentally tune in?

No matter what time, or which day, (unless I am heading to work), I will always stop and watch these movies and I've probably have seen them dozens of times...

1. Godfather 1 and 2
2. The Fugitive
3. Enough

Airplane, any naked gun, scary movie 1,2,3,4

Elspeth
03-26-2012, 12:52 AM
I'm a sucker for anything Alfred Hitchcock.

Although sometimes I end up watching the damnedest things. A number of years ago, I started watching this Al Pacino flick which ended up being "Carlito's Way". I only watched it because it was Pacino, but ended up really enjoying it. And no, I wasn't drinking.:friendly_wink:

Hawkgirl
03-26-2012, 12:56 AM
Also, all three movies in the Bourne series with Matt Damon.

Zeus
03-26-2012, 11:08 AM
I can't watch movies again. Unless it's been maybe yrs since last watched one.

Odysseus
03-26-2012, 11:20 AM
In no particular order:

Highlander (only the original, "There can be only one.")
The Godfather I and II
Alien and Aliens
Bladerunner
Big Trouble in Little China
The Princess Bride
The Shawshank Redemption
Patton
The Sean Connery/Timothy Dalton/Pierce Brosnan Bond movies
Lethal Weapon I and II (nothing wrong with the others, but I and II are addictive).

Hawkgirl
03-26-2012, 12:06 PM
Shawshank is another one of my favorites.

Gentleman Pirate
03-26-2012, 12:09 PM
Crimson Tide
Anchorman
and oddly enough Grease... :apologetic:

Hawkgirl
03-26-2012, 12:32 PM
Weekend at Bernie's

linda22003
03-26-2012, 12:44 PM
Even if I had just seen the closing credits, if they started up again I'd have to watch:

North by Northwest
Bridge On the River Kwai
Days of Heaven

Rebel Yell
03-26-2012, 01:00 PM
28 Days/Weeks Later (even though I own them on DVD0
Dawn of the Dead
Shawn of the Dead
White Men Can't Jump
Evil Dead Trilogy
Unforgiven
Tombstone

Gentleman Pirate
03-26-2012, 01:01 PM
28 Days/Weeks Later (even though I own them on DVD0
Dawn of the Dead
Shawn of the Dead
White Men Can't Jump
Evil Dead Trilogy
Unforgiven
Tombstone

You seem to be preparing for the zombie apocalypse by studying the enemy.

Rebel Yell
03-26-2012, 03:32 PM
You seem to be preparing for the zombie apocalypse by studying the enemy.

What can I say? I'm sucker for a zombie movie.

Rockntractor
03-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Crimson Tide
Anchorman
and oddly enough Grease... :apologetic:

Cut back on soy products, your estrogen levels are too high!

Gentleman Pirate
03-26-2012, 04:11 PM
Cut back on soy products, your estrogen levels are too high!

When my wife walks in, I claim the remote is broke.. I think she's still buying it after 12 years...

Chuck58
03-26-2012, 04:49 PM
The Wild Bunch....which is seldom ever on TV

Unforgiven... and most Clint Eastwood movies

any western with John Wayne

We Were Soldiers ... though I still can't manage to watch it all the way through.

Retread
03-26-2012, 05:33 PM
Red Dawn - caught it again just last week at 'the first kill' scene. Awfully idealistic but hard to stop watching.

Chuck58
03-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Red Dawn - caught it again just last week at 'the first kill' scene. Awfully idealistic but hard to stop watching.

Great movie. John Milius did a good job and made a comment or two in the movie about guns. Remember the scene where they take the town and the Cuban (I think) tells them to go to the sporting goods stores and collect the paperwork concerning firearms purchases?

Anyone who thinks that paperwork disappears after you buy a gun is dreaming. It's kept forever. I can personally vouch for that.

JB
03-26-2012, 05:55 PM
1. Godfather 1 and 2
2. The FugitiveYes on both Gfathers. Depends on where in the movie for Fugitive.

I would add:

The Sting
Bronx Tale. Only up until the bikers take the beating then no more.
Jaws

I'm taking Shawshank, Gump and Roadhouse off my list for now because they're on too much.

Gentleman Pirate
03-26-2012, 06:05 PM
Also, all three movies in the Bourne series with Matt Damon.

Dont count the Bourne trilogy yet. I saw a trailer where they are beating that movie until its dead.. With a new Jason Bourne.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDrSA1gTuKc

Hawkgirl
03-26-2012, 07:06 PM
There can only be 1 Jason Bourne. Even if they got Ed Norton to play a part.

namvet
03-27-2012, 10:13 AM
a lot a flicks I like and many you've mentioned are run and re run on AMCTV

I never miss sat morn rifleman :friendly_wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtbdfypVy38

Chuck58
03-27-2012, 01:28 PM
a lot a flicks I like and many you've mentioned are run and re run on AMCTV

I never miss sat morn rifleman :friendly_wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtbdfypVy38

Loved that show but couldn't stand the kid.

Have Gun Will Travel was my favorite

Another that I liked is from the middle 1950s, The Gray Ghost. I don't recall the star, but it was about John Mosby the Confederate guerilla leader. Supposedly some of the shows were taken from actual incidents. I don't remember.

Zeus
03-27-2012, 01:54 PM
Loved that show but couldn't stand the kid.

Have Gun Will Travel was my favorite

Another that I liked is from the middle 1950s, The Gray Ghost. I don't recall the star, but it was about John Mosby the Confederate guerilla leader. Supposedly some of the shows were taken from actual incidents. I don't remember.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32dSh6EvKIg
Tod Andrews starred in this 1957 television series as Maj. John S. Mosby, the legendary Gray Ghost of the Confederacy.
Don't remember That show but the Rifleman was one of my favs as a kid. That and Rat patrol.

Chuck58
03-27-2012, 02:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32dSh6EvKIg
Tod Andrews starred in this 1957 television series as Maj. John S. Mosby, the legendary Gray Ghost of the Confederacy.
Don't remember That show but the Rifleman was one of my favs as a kid. That and Rat patrol.

Yeah, Rat Patrol. I blame, or credit, them with being the reason I ended up with a Jeep CJ5, and still have an old 1963 CJ-5 that's running great with close to 170K miles on that little 4 banger.

Zeus
03-27-2012, 02:54 PM
Yeah, Rat Patrol. I blame, or credit, them with being the reason I ended up with a Jeep CJ5, and still have an old 1963 CJ-5 that's running great with close to 170K miles on that little 4 banger.

Family has a couple old Army Jeeps they use around the farm. Used for spraying crops,spreading gravel, hauling assorted items,etc. don't know how many miles are on them but my dad purchased them back in the 60's. Don't use them much anymore since they bought gators. one has been restored to original and only used for joy rides & parades now.

noonwitch
03-27-2012, 03:19 PM
Katharine Hepburn movies: The Lion In Winter (my favorite movie of all time), Rooster Cogburn, The African Queen, Guess Who's Coming To Dinner.
Caddyshack and Animal House, but not if edited for television.
Godfather 1 and 2, but not 3.
Wild at Heart.
The Wizard of Oz.

Chuck58
03-27-2012, 03:57 PM
Family has a couple old Army Jeeps they use around the farm. Used for spraying crops,spreading gravel, hauling assorted items,etc. don't know how many miles are on them but my dad purchased them back in the 60's. Don't use them much anymore since they bought gators. one has been restored to original and only used for joy rides & parades now.

Mine gets used. A few months ago, I was stuck in the mountains in deep snow while deer hunting. And, when you get a Jeep stuck, you are stuck!! We got out, with a lot of shoveling snow and muck, and I can't blame the rig for my stupidity. It never missed a beat.

Rebel Yell
03-27-2012, 04:00 PM
Caddyshack and Animal House, but not if edited for television.

That's how I feel about Smokey and the Bandit.

JB
03-28-2012, 06:12 AM
...but not if edited for television.The Hangover was on TBS the other day. Butchered.