PDA

View Full Version : Miss Universe Canada Finalist Disqualified After Admitting She Was Born a Boy

Rockntractor
03-28-2012, 01:32 AM
Posted on March 25, 2012 at 7:02pm by Christopher Santarelli Christopher Santarelli
Rules are rules.

According to Denis Davila, national director of Miss Universe Canada, rules state to participate in a Miss Universe franchise pageant each contestent must be a “naturally born female.” This qualification has knocked Miss Universe Canada finalist Jenna Talackova out of competition. The Star reports on the odd turn of events:

“According to Davila, Talackova claimed on her registration form she was born a female. He said he suspected otherwise and asked her about it on March 13, when she admitted she was not. She was pulled from the contest that day.

‘She feels like a real girl and she is a real girl. She didn’t expect people to question it,’ Davila said.

‘She was hoping we could put her back in the competition, but the rules are very clear and there’s no way we can go back on it.’”

Davila could have had his suspicions confirmed earlier if he had searched for Talackova on Youtube and perhaps found a 2010 video at the Miss International Queen transgender/transsexual competition,where Talackova says she knew she was a female at the age of 4 and began hormone therapy at 14.

Vancouver Observer blogger Bianca Pencz wrote earlier in the week that Talackova’s profile was visible on the official contestants page of the Donald Trump-owned Miss Universe Canada beauty pageant just a few days ago. Talackova’s profile has now vanished.

Talackova spoke with The Vancouver Sun Friday morning and said she won’t release a statement until next week after she talks to her lawyer.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/miss-universe-canada-finalist-disqualified-after-admitting-she-was-born-a-boy/
O Canada!.................With glowing hearts we see thee rise,

Starbuck
03-28-2012, 09:31 AM
I'm weak, I guess. I always have to peek.
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/544856/JENNA-TALACKOVA-MISS-UNIVERSE-CANADA-TRANSGENDERED.jpg
:adoration: Looks like a girl to me! A little skinny maybe, but definitely a girl.

Bailey
03-28-2012, 09:36 AM
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/544856/JENNA-TALACKOVA-MISS-UNIVERSE-CANADA-TRANSGENDERED.jpg
:adoration: Looks like a girl to me! A little skinny maybe, but definitely a girl.

Ya it looks like a girl till you get to those mongo sized feet. Sorry libs this isnt a woman no matter what he thinks he is, the DNA dont lie.

Adam Wood
03-28-2012, 10:33 AM
Unavailable for comment:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2gw6g7p.jpg

noonwitch
03-28-2012, 01:15 PM
Beauty contests are stupid. I really don't care if they let trannies in or not. The trannies would make more money and have more fun on RuPaul's show.

m00
03-28-2012, 02:45 PM
It's a BEAUTY contest. If a former man is a good enough looking female to able to compete based on merits, to the point where nobody was even able to tell, then why not?

AmPat
03-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Ok, ok, it is in fact pork. However, I ordered ham, not sausage.

Gentleman Pirate
03-28-2012, 02:54 PM

I'd still bang..

Rockntractor
03-28-2012, 02:55 PM
It's a BEAUTY contest. If a former man is a good enough looking female to able to compete based on merits, to the point where nobody was even able to tell, then why not?

You would go on a cruise with him any day.

m00
03-28-2012, 03:00 PM
You would go on a cruise with him any day.

Projecting much?

Rockntractor
03-28-2012, 03:01 PM
Projecting much?

Who am I to judge, whatever rings your bell!

m00
03-28-2012, 03:06 PM
Who am I to judge, whatever rings your bell!

You know, your reaction here is quite interesting. I don't watch beauty contests, and it's probably the least interesting thing to me. It seems logical that since this isn't a male sexual fantasy contest (maybe it is to you), that there are objective standards of female beauty which the contestants are judged against. If a former man is able to meet those standards to a degree where people don't even know she's a man, then seems to me like that's a pretty big accomplishment.

If you are the kind of guy that has uncontrollable sexual urges/fantasies whenever something in a skirt crosses your path, and has an "oh noes" moment when you realize you were checking out a dude... and/or are somehow sexually fascinated by this subject, then that's all on you. And it's pretty sad.

Rockntractor
03-28-2012, 03:08 PM
You know, your reaction here is quite interesting. I don't watch beauty contests, and it's probably the least interesting thing to me. It seems logical that since this isn't a male sexual fantasy contest (maybe it is to you), that there are objective standards of female beauty which the contestants are judged against. If a former man is able to meet those standards to a degree where people don't even know she's a man, then seems to me like that's a pretty big accomplishment.

If you are the kind of guy that has uncontrollable sexual urges/fantasies whenever something in a skirt crosses your path, and has an "oh noes" moment when you realize you were checking out a dude... and/or are somehow sexually fascinated by this subject, then that's all on you. And it's pretty sad.

Projecting much?

m00
03-28-2012, 03:14 PM
Projecting much?

Do you want to have a lively debate the philosophical aspects of medical science being to a state where a man can pass as a woman in a beauty contest (and be a finalist!), and explore the notion of objective standards of beauty across gender lines, or even the basic topic of gender equality? Or just make funnies about "teh gheys" like a child? Up to you.

Adam Wood
03-28-2012, 03:16 PM
ok, ok, it is in fact pork. However, i ordered ham, not sausage.lol!

i'd still bang..ewwwww!!

Rockntractor
03-28-2012, 03:20 PM
Do you want to have a lively debate the philosophical aspects of medical science being to a state where a man can pass as a woman in a beauty contest (and be a finalist!), and explore the notion of objective standards of beauty across gender lines, or even the basic topic of gender equality? Or just make funnies about "teh gheys" like a child? Up to you.

Fuck no I don't, you can have your freak shows!

Gentleman Pirate
03-28-2012, 03:22 PM

I vote "the funnies"

What's up m00?

Novaheart
03-28-2012, 03:22 PM
Beauty contests are stupid. I really don't care if they let trannies in or not. The trannies would make more money and have more fun on RuPaul's show.

True, but I support the right of these contests to have their own rules. If a transexual who have been whittled and enhanced by cosmetic surgery can enter the contest, then why shouldn't females who have medically altered their appearance be able to compete as well?

Just pass a "no cosmetic surgery" rule and you should be OK. That is, until some poor thing who had a car accident as a child and recovered to win regionals enters the nationals only to be refused because a doctor had to fix her face.

noonwitch
03-28-2012, 03:37 PM
Ok, ok, it is in fact pork. However, I ordered ham, not sausage.

Best post on the topic!!!

obx
03-28-2012, 04:24 PM
If it was born a male, it will always be a male.

Elspeth
03-28-2012, 04:33 PM
True, but I support the right of these contests to have their own rules. If a transexual who have been whittled and enhanced by cosmetic surgery can enter the contest, then why shouldn't females who have medically altered their appearance be able to compete as well?

Just pass a "no cosmetic surgery" rule and you should be OK. That is, until some poor thing who had a car accident as a child and recovered to win regionals enters the nationals only to be refused because a doctor had to fix her face.

I thought a lot of them were medically altered. Wasn't that Miss California with the big silver earrings and the "opposite sex marriage" medically enhanced? I thought there was a boob job in there.

An Ancient Pest
03-28-2012, 05:10 PM
I'd still bang..

... you're gay.

Gentleman Pirate
03-28-2012, 05:21 PM
... you're gay.

Really? 300 million sperm cells, and you were the quickest?!

I weep for your gene pool.

Adam Wood
03-28-2012, 05:31 PM

I weep for your gene pool.I gotta admit, it does kinda put "Gentleman Pirate" in a bit of a different light....

Janice
03-28-2012, 05:33 PM
I gotta admit, it does kinda put "Gentleman Pirate" in a bit of a different light....

I was thinking the same. Pretty sharp witted too. :cool:

Adam Wood
03-28-2012, 05:37 PM
I was thinking the same. Pretty sharp witted too. :cool:

Gentleman sausage, butt pirate....

Gentleman Pirate
03-28-2012, 05:44 PM

I hate you..

Rockntractor
03-28-2012, 05:47 PM

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/HesReallyaGayPirate.jpg

Adam Wood
03-28-2012, 05:48 PM
I hate you..

:rotfl:

Hey, you had it coming. You WERE in the Navy, after all. :biggrin-new:

::runs like hell::

Gentleman Pirate
03-28-2012, 05:59 PM

Hey, you had it coming. You WERE in the Navy, after all. :biggrin-new:

::runs like hell::

indeed.:livid:

Janice
03-28-2012, 06:01 PM

m00
03-28-2012, 06:02 PM
I vote "the funnies"

What's up m00?

Hey BSR!

JB
03-28-2012, 08:46 PM
Unavailable for comment:Excellent. :smile-new:

As far as the story goes...can traditions just be traditions? Do we really want dudes in chick contests. Is nothing sacred anymore?

Beauty pageant chicks are generally nuts too. How did they not beat the crap out of the dude when they found out he is a dude.

An Ancient Pest
03-28-2012, 08:49 PM

I weep for your gene pool.

Well, my genes will continue to propagate. You admitted you'd bang a tranny. Hey, it's your preference. We live in a country where you can be as much of a flamer as you want. God Bless America, eh!

Hawkgirl
03-28-2012, 08:59 PM
Does "she" have man hands? The hands usually give it away. I suppose you can take female hormones, get a boob job and fix your hair and make up to look feminine, but male hands and male voice is hard to disguise.

An Ancient Pest
03-28-2012, 09:03 PM
Does "she" have man hands? The hands usually give it away. I suppose you can take female hormones, get a boob job and fix your hair and make up to look feminine, but male hands and male voice is hard to disguise.

Well, looking at that photo, I admit, she--er, he--would have had a lot of people fooled. And I was looking at the hands and feet as well. The feet seem long but otherwise, who can tell?

ETA: This article's photo... yeah, the hands are a bit manly here. And while I'm at it, someone needs to investigate 2010 Miss Korea.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2120880/Jenna-Talackova-Transgender-beauty-queen-kicked-Miss-Universe-Canada-pageant-dishonest-lied-application.html

Hawkgirl
03-28-2012, 09:21 PM
Well, looking at that photo, I admit, she--er, he--would have had a lot of people fooled. And I was looking at the hands and feet as well. The feet seem long but otherwise, who can tell?

ETA: This article's photo... yeah, the hands are a bit manly here. And while I'm at it, someone needs to investigate 2010 Miss Korea.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2120880/Jenna-Talackova-Transgender-beauty-queen-kicked-Miss-Universe-Canada-pageant-dishonest-lied-application.html

Yeah, it's hard to tell with "her".

Elspeth
03-29-2012, 12:00 AM

I knew a girl in college--gorgeous and all girl--and she had very large and long hands. Didn't notice until I saw her in a long dress making an honor society speech onstage. She had her hands on the front of her thighs (she was nervous), and they were really noticeable. It was a shock, because she was skinny and petite everywhere else. So the hands aren't always the giveaway.

Perhaps Miss Canada's voice gave her away. I watched the video of the transsexual beauty pageant and her voice was a little off and her "girlie" mannerisms seemed quite overdone, almost like the parody of a girly girl. I thought the one from the Phillipines was more natural.

Miss Canada photographs extraordinarily well, however. Instead of beauty pageants, where she has to speak and act, she should have gone into modeling.

An Ancient Pest
03-29-2012, 12:50 AM
I knew a girl in college--gorgeous and all girl--and she had very large and long hands. Didn't notice until I saw her in a long dress making an honor society speech onstage. She had her hands on the front of her thighs (she was nervous), and they were really noticeable. It was a shock, because she was skinny and petite everywhere else. So the hands aren't always the giveaway.

Perhaps Miss Canada's voice gave her away. I watched the video of the transsexual beauty pageant and her voice was a little off and her "girlie" mannerisms seemed quite overdone, almost like the parody of a girly girl. I thought the one from the Phillipines was more natural.

Miss Canada photographs extraordinarily well, however. Instead of beauty pageants, where she has to speak and act, she should have gone into modeling.
Yeah, I know you can't go by that alone, but still.

The thought of a transgendered female modeling for women's fashion seems quite odd. Then again, I suppose he could pull that off. In all honesty, had I not been told that he was in fact a he... have to give him credit. Dare I say, he looks like a woman. A hot one, at least in the photos.

Elspeth
03-29-2012, 02:35 AM
Yeah, I know you can't go by that alone, but still.

The thought of a transgendered female modeling for women's fashion seems quite odd. Then again, I suppose he could pull that off. In all honesty, had I not been told that he was in fact a he... have to give him credit. Dare I say, he looks like a woman. A hot one, at least in the photos.

I don't use "he" with trannies who become women. I think they really honestly feel female and it seems odd to call them "he". That's what distinguishes them from cross dressers and even drag queens: when you go through the trouble of life and body altering sex reassignment surgery, you're really committed to that gender identity.

And Miss Canada should be modeling. She's extremely photogenic.

Elspeth
03-29-2012, 02:38 AM

I kind of agree with this, although hell hath no fury like a bunch of genetically XX females outdone by an XY who had surgery. There would be violence and a lot of screaming.:smile-new:

Bailey
03-29-2012, 08:06 AM
I don't use "he" with trannies who become women. I think they really honestly feel female and it seems odd to call them "he". That's what distinguishes them from cross dressers and even drag queens: when you go through the trouble of life and body altering sex reassignment surgery, you're really committed to that gender identity.

No its still a he no matter what he thinks he is, DNA doesn't lie.

An Ancient Pest
03-29-2012, 12:59 PM

He can play the female role in photos quite nicely, but until he has a functional uterus and can go through menstrual cycles and pregnancy, he's not a true woman.

Elspeth
03-29-2012, 02:43 PM
He can play the female role in photos quite nicely, but until he has a functional uterus and can go through menstrual cycles and pregnancy, he's not a true woman.

There are real women born with XX chromosomes who cannot give birth for some reason or another. Many women cannot get pregnant.

I just figure if someone goes to the trouble of getting surgically made into a woman, I'm willing to call her "she". This does not go for drags queens, however, who are still physical males. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.