PDA

View Full Version : 5 reasons ObamaCare is already good for you

RedGrouse
03-28-2012, 06:35 PM
5 reasons ObamaCare is already good for you
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/03/28/5-reasons-obamacare-is-already-good-for/

Huh???????? Sounds like another hack.

Gentleman Pirate
03-28-2012, 06:39 PM
5 reasons ObamaCare is already good for you
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/03/28/5-reasons-obamacare-is-already-good-for/

Huh???????? Sounds like another hack.

Hey Ptarmigan, long time no see..

Janice
03-28-2012, 06:50 PM
Obviously Juan Williams wasnt the first nor will be the last lefty that Fox News employs. But at least they arent 90-99% far left kookified yet like the rest of the "news" outlets .. or Pravda as like to refer to them.

m00
03-28-2012, 07:01 PM
In 2011, an estimated 86 million Americans used provisions in the Affordable Care Act to get preventative care through their insurance plans, care that insurance companies previously subjected to co-pays or deductibles but now must provide for free. Over 2.5 million seniors have saved an estimated $1.5 billion thanks to prescription drug discounts included in health care reform

Um, if insurance companies set the prices of the plans that people are forced to buy then it's not free. It's either subsidized by the other 220 million Americans or it's subsidized by increasing the national debt. There is no such thing as "free services." I never understood why Democrats went with the "it's free" argument. I think it's much more compelling to accept that it isn't free and explain why tax-payers get value. It's like the federal highway system -- I'm really glad it's not privatized, which would be a complete mess. So I know it's not free, but I understand there's value and I can plainly see that value.

Democrats should explain to me why Obamacare has value which is worth the cost, and how it's more convenient than not having federally mandated healthcare. If this is not an obvious equation, then they shouldn't be supporting it.

It’s amazing all the pre-emptive attacks on a law that, for the most part, hasn’t gone into effect yet. You can check out this timeline of the various provisions of the Affordable Care Act and when they will take effect.

Again, this is so surprising and inconsistent. Because I remember when Bush was systematically dismantling 4th amendment protections it was the Republicans who said "how has this impacted you, and no hypotheticals" and it was the Democrats who said "we need to strike down bad laws before they are abused." So I opposed the Patriot Act for the same reason I oppose Obamacare -- it's important to stop Federal abuse before it happens. If you wait until it happens, it's too late. Oh, what short memories people have.

Recently, President Obama’s senior adviser David Plouffe called Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney “the godfather of the individual mandate.” At a GOP primary debate in 2011, Romney said, “We got the idea of an individual mandate…from Newt Gingrich, and Newt got it from the Heritage Foundation

Well, Newt has said he was wrong to support the individual mandate. As for Romney being the godfather of Obamacare, and used as a reason on why Republicans should support Obamacare... no comment.

The fact is, almost three-quarters of Americans saw health care reform as an urgent priority in the fall of 2009.

according to recent push-polls...

This suggests that the president has a messaging problem, not a policy problem

When you live in the world of the media telling people who to vote for and what to think, everything gets to be a messaging problem.