PDA

View Full Version : Born Alive Truth

LibraryLady
09-16-2008, 02:40 AM
wait till DU sees this one. What a powerful ad. Gianna Jessen was on Hannity and Colmes tonight and shut Alan up. He said "You can't call it infanticide" and in her halting voice (she has CP) she said "what would you call it Alan?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anieuWFWe8s

transcript

Can you imagine not giving babies their basic human rights, no matter how they entered our world? My name is Gianna Jessen, born 31 years ago after a failed abortion. I’m a survivor, as are many others... but if Barack Obama had his way, I wouldn’t be here.

Unfortunately, Barack Obama voted four times against affording these babies their most basic human right. I have serious concerns about Senator Obama’s record and views on this issue, given he voted against these protections four times as a state Senator. Just as abuse victims share their stories to educate the public, fight for the common good and hope that as a result politicians do what’s right, I felt it was important to come forward and give these new born babies a voice.

I am living proof these babies have a right to live, and I invite you to learn more about Senator Obama’s record on this important issue.

-Abortion Survivor Gianna Jessen

a comment:

I am not religious, or a card carrying member of the right. I am pro-choice! And, this ad is absolutely devastating.

It makes me think that if McCain-Palin doesn’t fumble, messages like this will peel away layers of previous supporters who will increasingly feel that there has been enough negative info out there about Obama to justify a McCain vote.

There have to be a lot of voters who have already turned on Obama, and just need enough anecdotal evidence to back up their decision when faced with hard core liberals who will vilify America as racist for not electing an African American.

Also, if this continues, I wouldn’t rely on the exit polls. There are going to be a lot of people that are going to walk out of the polling station declaring their vote for Obama. A percentage of them will be lying.

cat714
09-16-2008, 06:00 AM
I saw that interview and I was at a lost for words. Gianna is an inspiration. Even if you are pro-choice, I think most of these people would be horrified if a doctor didn't step in and give medical attention to an infant of a failed abortion. This was one argument Alan couldn't fight and I'm glad she put his liberal @$$ in place. The ad is very powerful and it will be interesting to see Obie's response.

Gingersnap
09-16-2008, 10:26 AM
Is there a link to that interview?

LibraryLady
09-16-2008, 10:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uYDxZlRqx4

GrumpyOldLady
09-16-2008, 10:59 AM
absolutely amazing story.
I wonder if she has ever been in contact with the 'birth mother'.
(and I hesitate to say 'birth mother' since the mother didn't want to give birth)

LibraryLady
09-16-2008, 11:05 AM
absolutely amazing story.
I wonder if she has ever been in contact with the 'birth mother'.
(and I hesitate to say 'birth mother' since the mother didn't want to give birth)

I found this:

http://joseromia.tripod.com/gianna.html

linda22003
09-16-2008, 11:07 AM
I have to wonder why her adoptive parents told her she was a "failed abortion".

Phillygirl
09-16-2008, 11:09 AM
Here is a link to a more complete story on Giana. (http://www.cpforlife.org/id205.htm)

I feel sorry for the birth mother. As Giana has noted, she didn't know what she was doing. As the birth mother has noted, others that knew better told her there was nothing wrong with what she was going to do.

She should have known better, but it's one of those big lies that we tell our children so that they don't have to immediately face the consequences of their actions.

Phillygirl
09-16-2008, 11:10 AM

Read the link. It's not quite as simple as that. Yes, they could have lied. I suspect some people are just incapable of that. And I suspect that the truth has had more of a positive impact on Giana's life than a lie would have.

LibraryLady
09-16-2008, 11:11 AM
She was in foster care for years. oh found this

Gianna Jessen grew up believing that she was born with cerebral palsy because she had been delivered prematurely in a particularly traumatic birth.

That was the story told to her by her adoptive mother and it was not until she was 12 years old that she discovered the truth about what made her different from the other children at school.

"I had an innate wondering," Miss Jessen says. "I wasn't satisfied for some reason, so I kept asking why I had this disability.

"She tried to break it to me gently and then, just as she was about to tell me, I said 'I was aborted, right?' She said 'Yeah, you were.' And my reaction was 'Well, at least I have cerebral palsy for an interesting reason.' "

linda22003
09-16-2008, 11:13 AM

Okay - I read the link and still don't think it was what I would have done. Of course, nothing in that story is what I would have done. :o

Phillygirl
09-16-2008, 11:19 AM
Okay - I read the link and still don't think it was what I would have done. Of course, nothing in that story is what I would have done. :o

I don't know what I would have done. I have a close family member that was adopted. I can criticize how that issue alone was handled, but I also know that it was handled in a way the family thought best, right or wrong. We live and we learn. Hopefully.

jinxmchue
09-16-2008, 11:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uYDxZlRqx4

Thanks so much for that LL! Once again, you're my hero. :)

And Alan Colmes is a jerk.

Hey, have you ever heard Gianna sing?

linda22003
09-16-2008, 11:43 AM
I don't know what I would have done. I have a close family member that was adopted. I can criticize how that issue alone was handled, but I also know that it was handled in a way the family thought best, right or wrong. We live and we learn. Hopefully.

I was adopted myself, and always knew that I was; I don't remember a time that my parents sat me down and told me. It was phrased in such a way that the message I got was "other families have to take what they're given, but we got to CHOOSE you!" :p

Rebel Yell
09-16-2008, 12:06 PM

My niece was adopted. Her birth mother moved in with us for the last 2 months of the pregnancy. She left a letter and a picture for my niece, if my sister and her husband wanted to tell her. They told her as soon as she was old enough to understand, as they didn't want her to feel lied to when she got older. My sister told her one day while her husband was at work. When he came home, he put Amanda in his lap and asked her did her and Mommy talk about anything today. She told, "Yes, Daddy. Mommy told me that another woman carried me in her belly and when I was born, I came home with you. Can I get down and play now?" She was 5 at the time, she just got married last weekend at 22.

Phillygirl
09-16-2008, 12:13 PM
I was adopted myself, and always knew that I was; I don't remember a time that my parents sat me down and told me. It was phrased in such a way that the message I got was "other families have to take what they're given, but we got to CHOOSE you!" :p

I've always liked that message. I think it's perfect. And I think always knowing is the best way to handle it. The big "we have something to tell you" moment just never pans out. It's best when you've always known it, but aren't really sure why you've always known it.

linda22003
09-16-2008, 12:21 PM
I've always liked that message. I think it's perfect. And I think always knowing is the best way to handle it. The big "we have something to tell you" moment just never pans out. It's best when you've always known it, but aren't really sure why you've always known it.

What happens is that you get a very offhand, "can I get down and play now" response, as Rebel Yell reported. Little kids don't really care how they got to their families, just that they are welcome and treasured there.

LibraryLady
09-16-2008, 01:05 PM
there's a link on Drudge now.

we have two adoptees in the family. One was years ago and I have no idea how it was handled. The other is an African American little girl and so it was talked about early and openly. No disguising that she was adopted!:)

I have a good friend who didn't find out she was adopted until her adoptive parents passed away. She managed to find her birth mother.

Phillygirl
09-16-2008, 03:31 PM
What happens is that you get a very offhand, "can I get down and play now" response, as Rebel Yell reported. Little kids don't really care how they got to their families, just that they are welcome and treasured there.

Well, in my family the child and his siblings were always told that he was adopted. Then something happened at school one day where the teacher explained that adoption meant that you were born to one family, but then went to live with another family. He asked his mom again about him being adopted. She replied that he was. He then asked if his sisters were adopted. She replied that they weren't. He then stated that if his sisters weren't adopted he didn't want to be adopted. His family never spoke of the issue again. Bad way to handle it.

He apparently "blocked" the adoption from his mind. But it must have nagged at him. Because nobody in the family spoke of it, he grew up not being certain if he "remembered" properly that he was adopted, and treated it as a secret. Finally, in his mid-twenties, his new wife asked one of the sisters what the story was on that. Had he been adopted by the stepfather? The sister told the wife the issue, who then relayed it to the brother in question. A few years later, the brother and sister finally spoke of it.

Definitely handled poorly, but understandably. While the sisters were always aware of the adoption, and sometimes talked with each other about it, wondering if the brother had in fact "blocked", everyone kind of went along with the pretense. A more direct and open handling of it after he had an apparently negative view would have been healthier for him.

linda22003
09-16-2008, 03:41 PM
That story has to be a bouncy, Philly. Normal sisters would have spent the boy's childhood reminding him constantly he was adopted, telling him he'd have to go back to the original family, and asking him if he was packed yet. :D

Phillygirl
09-16-2008, 03:50 PM
That story has to be a bouncy, Philly. Normal sisters would have spent the boy's childhood reminding him constantly he was adopted, telling him he'd have to go back to the original family, and asking him if he was packed yet. :D

:D:D

Excellent response!

linda22003
09-16-2008, 03:57 PM
I was an only child, Philly.

Eventually.

Phillygirl
09-16-2008, 04:08 PM
I was an only child, Philly.

Eventually.

I won't be until the inheritance gets close. For now it's good to have siblings to do the heavy lifting on calling mom and the like. As it gets closer they'll have to go.

biccat
09-16-2008, 04:54 PM
I won't be until the inheritance gets close. For now it's good to have siblings to do the heavy lifting on calling mom and the like. As it gets closer they'll have to go.
You didn't offer to draw up their will for them after you graduated law school? What kind of lawyer are you!

Once it is all said and done, my siblings will end up owing me money. A tangled web of fee simple determinables, rights of rejoinder, and the rule against perpetuities awaits anyone who tries to decipher the writ I have wrought!

Phillygirl
09-16-2008, 04:58 PM
You didn't offer to draw up their will for them after you graduated law school? What kind of lawyer are you!

Once it is all said and done, my siblings will end up owing me money. A tangled web of fee simple determinables, rights of rejoinder, and the rule against perpetuities awaits anyone who tries to decipher the writ I have wrought!

Who needs a will when opening bank accounts and transferring deeds is so much simpler! :D

LibraryLady
09-16-2008, 06:31 PM
wait till DU sees this one.

Here we go:

OHDEM (190 posts)Tue Sep-16-08 06:27 PM
Original message (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4015385)
Disgusting ad campaign just started in Ohio!

Watching what I can get with my rabbit ears today & saw a gross commercial on FOX. Here's the info:

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/09/16/politics/horser...

"Can you imagine not giving babies their basic human rights no matter how they entered our world?" Jessen asks in the ad as photographs of babies appear onscreen.

"If Barack Obama had his way, I wouldn't be here," she continues. "Four times Barack Obama voted to oppose a law to protect babies left to die after failed abortions. Senator Obama, please support born alive infant protections. I'm living proof these babies have a right to live."

Gianna Jessen is the lady in the commercial. Would LOVE to find out that she's lying thru her anti-choice teeth.

Perilloux
09-16-2008, 07:18 PM
Here we go:

The responses in that thread are disgusting. So far only one poster (with a very low post count I might add) seems to actually 'get it'. Most are calling her a liar and/or "crazy even before she was born".

ETA: IMO, their real problem with this ad is they know there is no way to defend their Obamessiah, without looking like the bunch of ghouls they are.

MrsSmith
09-16-2008, 07:30 PM
slackmaster (1000+ posts) Tue Sep-16-08 07:02 PM
Response to Original message
11. They're actually running that crap? On teevee?
Wow.

Does anyone know how many people have stories similar to that of Gianna Jessen? I'd never heard of such a thing until now. I'll bet it's extremely rare, and maybe she's the only one.

Gee, can anyone figure out WHY these people might be rare?? :rolleyes::rolleyes: (Hint: that little law that 0 voted against was written to solve that problem.)

LibraryLady
09-19-2008, 01:55 PM
That pig's ass Obama has gone too far.
http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/09/busted-sleazy-obama-attacks-abortion.html#comments

This ad revealed how Obama voted four times against medical care and protection for babies who survive abortions in the Illinois State Senate, while the U.S. Senate was voting 98-0 to pass an identical bill.

Today the Obama camp responded to this ad with a vile hit piece on John McCain (who did not produce this ad) and abortion survivor Gianna Jessen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEBDNGLl5TQ

Of course, the ad by Obama is a lie.
In fact here is Obama in his own words explaining his support for infanticide:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypDwNpgIUQc

In this audio Obama coldly claims two doctors helping a baby born alive after a botched abortion would be a burden when he was arguing against the Born Alive Infant Protection Act at the Illinois state legislature April 2002.

"Essentially adding an additional doctor who then has to be called in an emergency situation to come in and make these assessments is really designed simply to burden the original decision..."

Sick.
Not even the most liberal members of the US Senate held this view.
the response from Giana Jessen to Obama's disgusting attack:

“Mr. Obama is clearly blinded by political ambition given his attack on me this week. All I asked of him was to do the right thing: support medical care and protection for babies who survive abortion – as I did 31 years ago. He voted against such protection and care four times even though the U.S. Senate voted 98-0 in favor of a bill identical to the one Obama opposed. In the words of his own false and misleading ad, his position is downright vile. Mr. Obama said at the recent Saddleback Forum that the question of when babies should get human rights was above his pay grade. Such vacillation and cowardice would have left me to die if his policies were in place when I was born. Thank God they were not.”