PDA

View Full Version : Colorado State Releases Hurricane Forecast

SarasotaRepub
04-04-2012, 07:17 PM
AlGore will not be pleased... (http://www.weather.com/weather/hurricanecentral/article/colorado-state-hurricane-forecast_2012-04-04?onloadedmetadata=null&oninput=null&onabort=null&oncanplay=null&onsuspend=null&onpause=null&onratechange=null&onstalled=null&onerror=null&onload=null&onchange=null&onloadeddata=null&onseeking=null&onseeked=null&oncanplaythrough=null&role=&onreset=null&onplay=null&onvolumechange=null&onplaying=null&ontimeupdate=null&onloadstart=null&ondurationchange=null&onwaiting=null&onselect=null&onended=null&onemptied=null&onprogress=null) :rolleyes:

by Chris Dolce, weather.com
Meteorologist

Updated: April 4, 2012 1:00 pm ET

Colorado
State University has issued its forecast for the 2012 Atlantic hurricane season.

The team of Phil Klotzbach and Bill Gray are forecasting 10 named
storms, 4 hurricanes and 2 major hurricanes (). These forecast
numbers are below the averages during the current active era that began in 1995.

Colorado State cites cooling sea surface temperatures in the tropical
Atlantic as one factor for the below-average forecast. They also believe that
the chances of El Nino conditions developing in the equatorial Pacific Ocean are
relatively high this summer and fall. El Nino typically reduces tropical storm
and hurricane activity in the Atlantic basin.

As always, these hurricane
forecasts do not predict the critical details including where or if any
landfalls occur.

Novaheart
04-04-2012, 07:56 PM
I thought they said that they were going to stop doing a hurricane forecast last year.

SarasotaRepub
04-04-2012, 08:00 PM
I thought they said that they were going to stop doing a hurricane forecast last year.

Who cares, between this and the Keith O story Gores head may explode so it's all good. :smile-new:

Hawkgirl
04-04-2012, 10:04 PM
Since they are almost always wrong, I predict a volatile season :evil-grin: