PDA

View Full Version : FFS! Gay Pride Comes to Afghanistan Base

Molon Labe
04-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Are you kidding me? I sure hope this turns out to be a photoshop, but I doubt it. I said last year to some colleagues that I would like to see the top brass faces when the first same sex couple shows up to one the next military balls. :rolleyes:

The only place to put this is in "Stupid Lib tricks".

http://cdn.unicornbooty.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/rainbow-pride-flag-afghanistan.jpeg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2124706/U-S-military-investigating-photograph-soldier-raising-gay-pride-flag-base-Afghanistan.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

hai
04-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Are you kidding me? I sure hope this turns out to be a photoshop, but I doubt it. I said last year to some colleagues that I would like to see the top brass faces when the first same sex couple shows up to one the next military balls. :rolleyes:

The only place to put this is in "Stupid Lib tricks".

http://cdn.unicornbooty.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/rainbow-pride-flag-afghanistan.jpeg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2124706/U-S-military-investigating-photograph-soldier-raising-gay-pride-flag-base-Afghanistan.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Why does this concern you, you're a homophobe?

Novaheart
04-04-2012, 09:03 PM
I said last year to some colleagues that I would like to see the top brass faces when the first same sex couple shows up to one the next military balls.

It will undoubtedly be the end of the world as we know it.

But seriously, I've seen lots of military personnel dancing with same sex partners. It's not a big deal.

JB
04-04-2012, 09:11 PM
But seriously, I've seen lots of military personnel dancing with same sex partners.I don't believe you.

Novaheart
04-04-2012, 09:22 PM
I don't believe you.

I worked in all the gay discotheques in DC at one time or another. You don't have to believe me, but I don't lie. We even had active duty personnel working at a couple of the places. The Lost And Found and The Pier used marines for security, and The Other Side (now Zigfeld's) had a sailor or airman (can't remember but he was from Bolling) bartender. There were bars in San Francisco when I lived there which had "military night" and gave free admission or a free drink to anyone with a military ID. I've also seen military personnel at a gay disco in Monterrey which I remember as being virtually across the street from the training facility there.

Apocalypse
04-05-2012, 12:18 AM
That will piss off the Afghans to no end and give them another excuse to kill our soldiers.

Keep in mind. This is the same nation that was offended, and forced our troops to take a cross off the Chapel tent in that same camp.

What do you think flying a Gay Pride flag will do in a nation heavy with the Gay is a mortal sin and gays must be murdered attitude?

Articulate_Ape
04-05-2012, 12:52 AM
That will piss off the Afghans to no end and give them another excuse to kill our soldiers.

Yeah, the last thing we want to do is have the Afghans pissed at us since they have been so welcoming and all.

Zathras
04-05-2012, 03:26 AM

Do you hate the military and giving the enemy yet another reason to kill Americans? Because, if you're all for someone flying the rainbow flag in an Islamic country, you do and are for it. Oh and also makes you a heterophobe....yeah, it's a made up word just like homophobe.

wwworkingguy
04-05-2012, 06:28 AM
There should be no flag raised on a US military base excpt the stars and stripes. This photo has to be a bullshit photshop job...... I hope or else discliplinary action is due.

Apache
04-05-2012, 08:11 AM

homophobe/ia is a made up word, used by the gay community to try and silence opposition...

Bailey
04-05-2012, 08:18 AM

Homophobe = someone who speaks out against their twisted lifestyle choice.

Molon Labe
04-05-2012, 08:50 AM

Uh..no. This isn't about worrying about the Geh taking over. It's about what's appropriate in a military setting.

You wouldn't see me raising this Hetero Flag in an OCONUS FOB because I'm married and find female genitalia attractive. http://shenkitup.com/wp-content/uploads/500px-Heterosexual-flag-idea.png

Why do you want to celebrate something that is supposedly a biological accident?

linda22003
04-05-2012, 09:41 AM
Afghanistan has no real room for criticism.

"A growing number of Afghan children are being coerced into a life of sexual abuse. The practice of wealthy or prominent Afghans exploiting underage boys as sexual partners who are often dressed up as women to dance at gatherings is on the rise in post-Taliban Afghanistan, according to Afghan human rights researchers, Western officials and men who participate in the abuse."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/afganistans-dancing-boys-are-invisible-victims/2012/04/04/gIQAyreSwS_story.html

Molon Labe
04-05-2012, 09:52 AM

"A growing number of Afghan children are being coerced into a life of sexual abuse. The practice of wealthy or prominent Afghans exploiting underage boys as sexual partners who are often dressed up as women to dance at gatherings is on the rise in post-Taliban Afghanistan, according to Afghan human rights researchers, Western officials and men who participate in the abuse."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/afganistans-dancing-boys-are-invisible-victims/2012/04/04/gIQAyreSwS_story.html

So true.
They call it man/boy love Thursdays.

It's like the drinking alcohol over there too. They do it in secret and don't tell anyone and then get all holy righteous about it. But make no mistake......they do it.

FBIGuy
04-05-2012, 10:08 AM
I imagine that rainbow flag signals where the gay whore house is and that it's open for business.

Novaheart
04-05-2012, 10:13 AM
There should be no flag raised on a US military base excpt the stars and stripes. This photo has to be a bullshit photshop job...... I hope or else discliplinary action is due.

Is that your opinion of what ought to be, or your understanding of what is?

Eupher
04-05-2012, 10:16 AM

Bingo. US military (service flags, and general/flag officer flags) and the Stars and Stripes only. Everything else is primping.

Novaheart
04-05-2012, 10:17 AM
homophobe/ia is a made up word, used by the gay community to try and silence opposition...

The bolded is true. Homophobe was made up by the gay community, because the other words for ignorant and obnoxious bigot were too generic. The beauty of the English language is that it is nimble and expanding thus more precise.

Can we assume that you reject all words invented in your lifetime?

Novaheart
04-05-2012, 10:18 AM
I imagine that rainbow flag signals where the gay whore house is and that it's open for business.

Does you see a whore or a whorehouse in that picture? Are you aware of a whorehouse on a US military base?

Eupher
04-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Does you see a whore or a whorehouse in that picture? Are you aware of a whorehouse on a US military base?

Somewhere around here is a sarcasm smiley, I'm sure.....

Novaheart
04-05-2012, 10:24 AM
It's about what's appropriate in a military setting.

Ah, now there is a window a person could drive a truck through. But rather than assail the character of many unknown persons who have engaged in all sorts of behavior, one could simply point out that the Rainbow flag is not the only flag other than the national flag of the United States of America to be displayed on an American held site in Afghanistan or Iraq.

Arroyo_Doble
04-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Ah, now there is a window a person could drive a truck through. But rather than assail the character of many unknown persons who have engaged in all sorts of behavior, one could simply point out that the Rainbow flag is not the only flag other than the national flag of the United States of America to be displayed on an American held site in Afghanistan or Iraq.

You really went a long way for this post.

Novaheart
04-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Bingo. US military (service flags, and general/flag officer flags) and the Stars and Stripes only. Everything else is primping.

I'm sure you meant to include state flags, university flags, football team logos, the Confederate flag, etc...

http://southeastfarmpress.com/site-files/southeastfarmpress.com/files/imagecache/large_img/uploads/2011/11/afghanistanagtraining.gif

UGA GRADUATES prepare to hang a university flag over their barracks in Wardack, Afghanistan. Pictured are: (left to right) Major John Gary Church, Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources; Lieutenant. Colonel Catherine Tait, Franklin College of Arts and Sciences; Major George McCommon, CAES and College of Veterinary Medicine; and Sergeant. C

http://d2.static.dvidshub.net/media/thumbs/450x300/photos/1103/380082_q75.jpg

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/06/05/sports/ncaafootball/gatesa&m.jpg

https://motherjones.com/files/images/scoutsniperflag_0.jpg

You'll love this, they said that they didn't know what the SS flag meant.

Novaheart
04-05-2012, 10:43 AM
You really went a long way for this post.

http://jacopast.urbanme.me/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/617-The-One-With-The-Unagi-2.png

linda22003
04-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Unagi? I thought that was roasted eel roll.

Rockntractor
04-05-2012, 10:47 AM

Only words coined by rejects.

Novaheart
04-05-2012, 10:48 AM
It's like the drinking alcohol over there too. They do it in secret and don't tell anyone and then get all holy righteous about it. But make no mistake......they do it.

So you're saying that they are Methodists?

Rockntractor
04-05-2012, 10:51 AM
So you're saying that they are Methodists?

Methodists don't hide it, you're thinking Baptist.

Novaheart
04-05-2012, 10:51 AM
Unagi? I thought that was roasted eel roll.

I love the eel roll. But alas, I eat it no more because I have no idea what is in the sauce. Did you know that "fish sauce" has something like 1600 mg of sodium per tablespoon?

Odysseus
04-05-2012, 10:57 AM

This is very true. One of the problems with the US military's policy of promoting cultural awareness is that some cultures are inherently repulsive, and the more that you know about them, the worse they get. The Afghans are hypocritical pederasts who speak of Islamic purity, then do vile things to children, but that doesn't matter. What does matter is that this flag simply gives them another thing to hate about the decadent Americans.

The bolded is true. Homophobe was made up by the gay community, because the other words for ignorant and obnoxious bigot were too generic. The beauty of the English language is that it is nimble and expanding thus more precise.

There are lots of terms for ignorance and obnoxiousness, and given time, your screen name will become one of them. However, there is a difference between tolerating a lifestyle and approving of it. To you, anyone who tolerates homosexuality but doesn't give wholehearted approval to every aspect of it is a bigot. By creating this Manichean view, you alienate the tolerant in the hope of destroying all dissent, but it no longer works. It's the default position for failure to persuade. When a leftist calls someone a bigot nowadays, it simply means that he is losing the argument.

Novaheart
04-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Methodists don't hide it, you're thinking Baptist.

Not in my hometown. Even the high (in town) Methodists eschew liquor and use grape juice instead of wine for communion. Do Baptists even have communion? But anyway, out in the country where my great grand mother went to church, she was a "shouting Methodist" and one of the things she shouted was "Lips that touch wine shall never touch mine." I've always thought that's why the men belonged to the Masons and the Elks Club- to get away from those self righteous womens. The old church out on Rum Ridge (funny, isn't it) still has a sinners bench and altar calls. I'm surprised these people have indoor plumbing.

Understand that into my mother's generation there were/are still people (including my mother) who still use "thee" and "ye" in certain conversational constructs. We're Episcopalians, but a rather small town rural and some would say quaint bunch of Episcopalians.

Novaheart
04-05-2012, 11:16 AM
To you, anyone who tolerates homosexuality but doesn't give wholehearted approval to every aspect of it is a bigot.

I don't use "tolerate" or "embrace" because these words are to indefinite. I use "equal" or "unequal" because these words have a meaning. To be treated unequally under law and policy is an obvious condition not open for interpretation or debate.

Just out of curiosity, is your surname obviously Jewish and does it stop glassy eyed members of the Open Bible Church of Edsall Park from trying to recruit you? When some misguided evangelical comes on to you (especially if he's a superior officer) , do you simply say that you are not interested? Or do you lead off with or add in that you are Jewish (and therefore not to be evangelized)? I ask this not to emphasize your otherness, but because you apparently think that letting people know that one is gay is somehow an infringement on their right to, well it's never quite clear what you think that right is. If evangelical Christianity is as pervasive in the military as we are told here that it is, it's hard to imagine how you aren't consigned to otherness.

Molon Labe
04-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Sorry dudez..

Raising a Texas state flag or a Georgia U. flag or an SS flag is just as stupid as raising a Rainbow flag.

If you want to take a cutesy picture with all of these. Fine...

Just don't raise it over the FOB.

Odysseus
04-05-2012, 11:39 AM
I don't use "tolerate" or "embrace" because these words are to indefinite. I use "equal" or "unequal" because these words have a meaning. To be treated unequally under law and policy is an obvious condition not open for interpretation or debate.

You are demanding equal results, not equality before the law. If gay men cannot marry each other, they are still free to marry women. The fact that they don't want to doesn't change the nature of marriage, it simply means that your desires are not compatible with the nature of marriage. Nobody is saying that you can't have a living will or other documents that will provide your relationship with the same perks as married couples, but the state reserves specific benefits for marriage, and your hook ups don't meet the standard. Sorry if reality discriminates, but it does.

Just out of curiosity, is your surname obviously Jewish and does it stop glassy eyed members of the Open Bible Church of Edsall Park from trying to recruit you? When some misguided evangelical comes on to you (especially if he's a superior officer) , do you simply say that you are not interested? Or do you lead off with or add in that you are Jewish (and therefore not to be evangelized)? I ask this not to emphasize your otherness, but because you apparently think that letting people know that one is gay is somehow an infringement on their right to, well it's never quite clear what you think that right is. If evangelical Christianity is as pervasive in the military as we are told here that it is, it's hard to imagine how you aren't consigned to otherness.

My surname is not obviously Jewish, and it doesn't stop evangelicals from trying to proselytize me. I simply tell them that I am not interested. I don't practice my religion (unless you consider bargain shopping to be a religious practice), but the lesson of the Holocaust is that I don't have to practice it to be persecuted, and I've run into my share of antisemites in my day. However, most of the Soldiers that I work with, above and below, know that I'm Jewish, and don't care, or don't make an issue of it. The ones below follow my orders and the ones above know that I will follow theirs, and I do not demand special dispensation in order to accomplish my duties. OTOH, a Jewish Soldier who insists on a beard, or other exemptions from the standards of uniform or conduct, would not be a good fit for the armed services, and I'd be the first one to tell him that. Our mission is to defend the country, not find ourselves or satisfy our personal desires at the expense of the force. You don't understand that, and I suspect that you never will, because tolerance and acceptance aren't, as you said, in your vocabulary.

linda22003
04-05-2012, 11:53 AM
I love the eel roll. But alas, I eat it no more because I have no idea what is in the sauce. Did you know that "fish sauce" has something like 1600 mg of sodium per tablespoon?

I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Novaheart
04-05-2012, 11:54 AM
If gay men cannot marry each other, they are still free to marry women.

That argument has already been shot down in the courts, see Loving.

Nobody is saying that you can't have a living will or other documents that will provide your relationship with the same perks as married couples, but the state reserves specific benefits for marriage, and your hook ups don't meet the standard.

Cute.

I've run into my share of antisemites in my day.

You are literally surrounded by them.

However, most of the Soldiers that I work with, above and below, know that I'm Jewish, and don't care, or don't make an issue of it. .

Not to your face perhaps.

OTOH, a Jewish Soldier who insists on a beard, or other exemptions from the standards of uniform or conduct, would not be a good fit for the armed services, and I'd be the first one to tell him that. Our mission is to defend the country, not find ourselves or satisfy our personal desires at the expense of the force. You don't understand that, and I suspect that you never will, because tolerance and acceptance aren't, as you said, in your vocabulary.

Gay people haven't asked for or gotten special treatment. Have the physical standards been lowered for gay people? Was the height requirement lowered for gay people? Have the grooming standards been changed for gay people? Test scores? Special duty assignments? Nope. What you are whining about is that gay people haven't asked for any special accommodation, simply equal access, opportunity, treatment. If it bugs you that much, you could consider retiring. No one is irreplaceable.

FlaGator
04-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Deleted. Decided not to weight in on this conflict.

Odysseus
04-05-2012, 12:26 PM

I've read it. It applies to marriage between men and women.

You are literally surrounded by them.
Hardly.

Not to your face perhaps.
Is your existence so sad that you cannot conceive of people who work together out of mutual respect and shared hardships, without presuming that everyone is a closet bigot? I really pity you sometimes.

Gay people haven't asked for or gotten special treatment. Have the physical standards been lowered for gay people? Was the height requirement lowered for gay people? Have the grooming standards been changed for gay people? Test scores? Special duty assignments? Nope. What you are whining about is that gay people haven't asked for any special accommodation, simply equal access, opportunity, treatment.

Wrong. We're seeing increased incidence of HIV infections in the military, and your fellow activists are demanding that homosexual cohabitants be awarded the same status as married couples. As for special accommodations, what happens when a heterosexual Soldier objects to showing with a gay Soldier? After all, we have separate accommodations for men and women, would you demand that they shower together? I've asked you why it's okay for gay men to shower with other men, and gay women to shower with women, but it's not okay for straight men to shower with straight women, but you've never provided a coherent answer (or any answer, really). Care to explain what happens when a Soldier objects? Oh, wait, we know, we're not irreplaceable. We have to make way for the new, improved, androgynous ideal Soldier, like Bradley Manning, the new Audie Murphy. :cold: Speaking of which, there's another standard for you. Manning was a highly screwed up individual who should never have been granted a clearance. Think that his orientation was a factor is his chain of command overlooking his obvious issues? The standards are eroding as I speak, it's just not going to be obvious to outsiders until it hits the fan in a major way, at which point, we'll be accused of being at fault for not having succeeded in accomplishing the impossible.

If it bugs you that much, you could consider retiring. No one is irreplaceable.

Right. We're the ones who are replaceable. Maybe we can get Manning an OCS slot so that he can replace me in a few years. He's obviously officer material. :rolleyes:

Novaheart
04-05-2012, 01:01 PM
I've read it. It applies to marriage between men and women.

They were each equally able to marry and fornicate with someone of their own race.

Novaheart
04-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Is your existence so sad that you cannot conceive of people who work together out of mutual respect and shared hardships, without presuming that everyone is a closet bigot? I really pity you sometimes.

I didn't presume that everyone is a closet bigot, I said that you are surrounded by people with anti-semitic prejudice. I base that on personal experience. You can deny it if you like, but it's stunning how ubiquitous anti-semitism is. Do you think it's some kind of accident that most of the Jews in DC suburbs have traditionally huddled in Montgomery County, the Blacks have huddled in PG County, the WASPS held on to Anne Arundel and Fairfax, and the Gays staked a claim in Alexandria, Arlington, and Northwest?

Wrong. We're seeing increased incidence of HIV infections in the military, and your fellow activists are demanding that homosexual cohabitants be awarded the same status as married couples.

So you're saying that the justification for discrimination against gay people in the military has been the incidence of HIV? That doesn't explain the first 200 years now does it? No. It is based in religious discrimination, ignorance, and bumpkinism.

I don't think anyone is demanding that cohabitants be "awarded" the same status as married couples, I think they are demanding that married homosexuals be given the same level of benefits that you claim you have "earned".

As for special accommodations, what happens when a heterosexual Soldier objects to showing with a gay Soldier?

The same thing that happens when they don't want to share facilities with anyone else they don't consider to be their equal.

After all, we have separate accommodations for men and women, would you demand that they shower together?

Gay men are not women. We don't really have separate shower facilities for men and women, we actually have separate shower facilities for women, because we want to protect their virtue and becaue straight men have a tradition of not behaving themselves.

Grow up. No one is looking at your weenie.

I've asked you why it's okay for gay men to shower with other men, and gay women to shower with women, but it's not okay for straight men to shower with straight women, but you've never provided a coherent answer (or any answer, really).

Because it doesn't matter and it happens every day in gyms across the country. Are you saying that the military personnel are somehow less mature and less disciplined than your average gym-bunny?

Care to explain what happens when a Soldier objects?

Same thing that happens if you don't like the texture of the towels, the amount of salt in the vegetables, or the thickness of your mattress presumably.

Oh, wait, we know, we're not irreplaceable. We have to make way for the new, improved, androgynous ideal Soldier, like Bradley Manning

Yes, Bradley Manning is the typical gay soldier. Are Robert Bales and Nidal Malik Hasan typical heterosexual soldiers? How about Graner and England? Let's play this game.

Eupher
04-05-2012, 01:37 PM
I'm sure you meant to include state flags, university flags, football team logos, the Confederate flag, etc...

http://southeastfarmpress.com/site-files/southeastfarmpress.com/files/imagecache/large_img/uploads/2011/11/afghanistanagtraining.gif

UGA GRADUATES prepare to hang a university flag over their barracks in Wardack, Afghanistan. Pictured are: (left to right) Major John Gary Church, Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources; Lieutenant. Colonel Catherine Tait, Franklin College of Arts and Sciences; Major George McCommon, CAES and College of Veterinary Medicine; and Sergeant. C

http://d2.static.dvidshub.net/media/thumbs/450x300/photos/1103/380082_q75.jpg

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/06/05/sports/ncaafootball/gatesa&m.jpg

https://motherjones.com/files/images/scoutsniperflag_0.jpg

You'll love this, they said that they didn't know what the SS flag meant.

I'll say it again, since you evidently didn't catch it the first time:

US military (service flags, and general/flag officer flags) and the Stars and Stripes only. Everything else is primping.

Now, if you want to go so far as to bitch and moan about some guys and gals on the FOB who are holding out a flag of whatever type while somebody takes a photo of them, that's merely primping. And that kind of thing has its place when you're mugging for the camera.

But it's a different animal altogether when you string up that logo flag or college flag or even state flag on a flagpole and you INTEND for that flag to wave in an official capacity -- not good at all, IMHO.

Apache
04-05-2012, 07:50 PM

hey princess, homophobe/ia... shall we break the word down?

ho·mo
   [hoh-moh]

noun, plural -mos. Slang: Disparaging and Offensive .
a homosexual.

pho·bi·a
   [foh-bee-uh]

noun
a persistent, irrational fear of a specific object, activity, or situation that leads to a compelling desire to avoid it.

the simple fact that someone finds your sexual desires repugnant, deviant, unholy or disgusting does not mean they're irrationally afraid of you. the ghey community made up the word to silence any opposition to their agenda...

hai
04-06-2012, 12:10 AM
hey princess, homophobe/ia... shall we break the word down?

ho·mo
   [hoh-moh]

noun, plural -mos. Slang: Disparaging and Offensive .
a homosexual.

pho·bi·a
   [foh-bee-uh]

noun
a persistent, irrational fear of a specific object, activity, or situation that leads to a compelling desire to avoid it.

the simple fact that someone finds your sexual desires repugnant, deviant, unholy or disgusting does not mean they're irrationally afraid of you. the ghey community made up the word to silence any opposition to their agenda...

So you're one of those who also think that gays are already accepted in the church,regardless of how we claim that the pastors discriminate against us?

m00
04-06-2012, 01:49 AM
So you're one of those who also think that gays are already accepted in the church,regardless of how we claim that the pastors discriminate against us?

Wait, you're gay? Who isn't gay on this board?! Halp, the gays are taking over!!

hai
04-06-2012, 01:55 AM
Wait, you're gay? Who isn't gay on this board?! Halp, the gays are taking over!!

Bigot!

m00
04-06-2012, 02:02 AM
Bigot!

I'm not a bigot! I just hate gays. Is there a word for that? I'm a gay-hater... gayater... gator?

hai
04-06-2012, 02:04 AM
I'm not a bigot! I just hate gays. Is there a word for that? I'm a gay-hater... gayater... gator?

There is a word.

It's homophobe.

m00
04-06-2012, 02:07 AM
There is a word.

It's homophobe.

Same fear

Zathras
04-06-2012, 02:23 AM
There is a word.

It's homophobe.

A made up word you use when trying to shout down someone that disapproves of your lifestyle of choice.

txradioguy
04-06-2012, 05:49 AM
I didn't presume that everyone is a closet bigot, I said that you are surrounded by people with anti-semitic prejudice. I base that on personal experience. You can deny it if you like, but it's stunning how ubiquitous anti-semitism is.

And after denying you accused everyone of being closeted bigots...you turn around and accuse everyone of being...closeted bigots.

Do you think it's some kind of accident that most of the Jews in DC suburbs have traditionally huddled in Montgomery County, the Blacks have huddled in PG County, the WASPS held on to Anne Arundel and Fairfax, and the Gays staked a claim in Alexandria, Arlington, and Northwest?

Why do you insist on immersing yourself in blatant stereotypes? That in itself is racist. Just like assuming that Ody has a Jewish sounding last name.

If the situation were reversed and one of us assumed that because a person's voice sounded a certain way or because of their mannerisms or fashion style they HAD to be gay...you'd go ballistic pouting accusing fingers at all of us for seeing "gay" around every corner and behaving like a bunch of frightened children. It's tropical Liberal double standard...hold everyone else to an impossible standard they themselves don't have to live up to.

So you're saying that the justification for discrimination against gay people in the military has been the incidence of HIV? That doesn't explain the first 200 years now does it? No. It is based in religious discrimination, ignorance, and bumpkinism.

What discrimination? The ones that were promoted to senior enlisted and officer ranks? The ones that retired wearing LOM's...MSM's and Bronze Stars?

How many times...how many column inches are myself DAT Ody and others going to have to expend repeating ourselves about how things really operate in the military these days when it comes to policies on sexual orientation and how equally everyone is treated in the military?

What you find far easier to believe is the occasional story from a gay soldier who has other issues with discipline and adapting to military life who gets shown the door...and to cover for their own shortcomings as a soldier pins it on..well they kicked me out because I'm gay.

It's no different than the female soldier who falsely claims she wasn't promoted picked for a specialty detail etc because she was female.

Never mind the fact she never makes a formation in time...her uniform looks like crap and she can barely make 180 on the APFT.

We're not telling you what we do as some sort of military propaganda campaign...we're telling youths stuff so you know what the real deal is...so maybe when you hear the false crap you can correct it.

Instead you continue to use outdated and false arguments to perpetuate your stereotype of straight military personnel as a bunch of homophobic bible thumping zealots.

I don't think anyone is demanding that cohabitants be "awarded" the same status as married couples,

It's already happening. There's an Air Force officer suing to get what you say isn't happening.

I think they are demanding that married homosexuals be given the same level of benefits that you claim you have "earned".

Except that Federal law prohibits that. And the DoD has firmly stated that they will support the repeal of DADT but that is as far as it goes.

You can't have the DoD violating Federal law...well YOU may want that to further an agenda...but the smart people in D.C. aren't going to do it.

The same thing that happens when they don't want to share facilities with anyone else they don't consider to be their equal.

Ummm...yeah...ok:rolleyes:

Gay men are not women. We don't really have separate shower facilities for men and women, we actually have separate shower facilities for women, because we want to protect their virtue and becaue straight men have a tradition of not behaving themselves.

Again with the stereotype that you accuse the others here of having.

Men are raped by other men and women in the military too. In just the same manners...get them drunk and incapacitated and force themselves on the unwitting person.

So what were you saying about straight men?

How do you know? Are you monitoring the showers?

Yes, Bradley Manning is the typical gay soldier.

You know the only folks who've made an issue of his sexuality are Manning the media...and now you.

I could care less if he fucked kittens for sexual gratification...I'm more concerned about his being a traitor that deserves the needle.

Are Robert Bales and Nidal Malik Hasan typical heterosexual soldiers? How about Graner and England? Let's play this game.

Play the game all you want to. But as always you'll only be playing with yourself.

txradioguy
04-06-2012, 05:50 AM
There is a word.

It's homophobe.

No...if you're posting the one word is idiot.

Rebel Yell
04-06-2012, 09:58 AM

This guy?
http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s338/_BAYMAMi65O/mcLovin.gif

Novaheart
04-06-2012, 10:46 AM
And after denying you accused everyone of being closeted bigots...you turn around and accuse everyone of being...closeted bigots.

No, I said that anti-semitism is ubiquitous and that he is surrounded by people with anti-semitic prejudice. I have sufficient experience in life to make this statement. It does not mean that everyone is an anti-semite any more than being surrounded by gay people (which in MDW one is) means that everyone is gay.

I also did not assume that Ody has a surname most people would know or suspect is Jewish, I asked if he did. Do you have a reading comprehension problem? Your aphasia is quite annoying.

Examples of UBIQUITOUS

The company's advertisements are ubiquitous.
<by that time cell phones had become ubiquitous, and people had long ceased to be impressed by the sight of one>
Hot dogs are the ideal road trip food—inexpensive, portable, ubiquitous. —Paul Lucas, Saveur, June/July 2008

Novaheart
04-06-2012, 10:49 AM
You know the only folks who've made an issue of his sexuality are Manning the media...and now you.

I could care less if he fucked kittens for sexual gratification...I'm more concerned about his being a traitor that deserves the needle.

Ody brought up Manning in his pathetic effort to bond with you. I didn't bring Manning to this discussion.

txradioguy
04-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Ody brought up Manning in his pathetic effort to bond with you. I didn't bring Manning to this discussion.

I must have struck a nerve...you went all straw man to my response.

hai
04-06-2012, 03:04 PM
No...if you're posting the one word is idiot.

And you're a homophobe.

It seems small-minded people seem to be threatened by anything that goes beyond their little world or that goes beyond their thinking and such.

Zathras
04-06-2012, 03:12 PM
And you're a homophobe.
Translation: I'm going to call you names because you do not like the lifestyle I've chosen....neener, neener, neener.

It seems small-minded people seem to be threatened by anything that goes beyond their little world or that goes beyond their thinking and such.

Wow....Hai, do you know the definition of irony? Look it up because that's exactly what you're doing with people that disagree with your lifestyle of choice.

Oh, and you're a heterophobe as well. See, I can make up words too.

hai
04-06-2012, 03:16 PM
I don't like anyone who steps one foot out of the "normal" square box that I have confined my narrow, dull life to. I only approve of opposite gender couples. Status quo must be maintained at all times.

Fixed.

Zathras
04-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Fixed.

Ah, once again the heterophobe posts bullshit and lies.

Once again Hai you prove yourself to be a hypocrit, accusing other people of what you do constantly.

Apache
04-06-2012, 05:47 PM

so you're one of those... umm brick walls, huh? dude, lay off the drugs, they fuck your memory up...

Apache
04-06-2012, 05:56 PM
There is a word.

It's homophobe.

homophobe/ia is a made up word,used by the gay community to silence opposition to their agenda...

hai, try to keep up. just because we don't condone your misbehavior does not mean that we have an irrational fear of you.

Apache
04-06-2012, 06:06 PM
And you're a homophobe.

i suggest you sit down and look at what the gay community has done with its 'parades',its threats and its attacks on normal people. then you'll see (if you're honest) why most people don't like having your deviant lifestyle foisted upon them...

Adam Wood
04-06-2012, 06:31 PM
There should be no flag raised on a US military base excpt the stars and stripes. This photo has to be a bullshit photshop job...... I hope or else discliplinary action is due.This. All day. Every day.

Gays in the military? I don't care. If you can walk, talk, shoot, and shit like a United States Marine, and you have joined the Marines, then be a Marine, and be the best damned Marine you can. Same goes with Army, Navy, etc. But just like with desegregation back in the '50s, the rule should be the same: "You may have been born Black, you may have been born white, but you're in the Army now, and the Army is one color: GREEN." Same goes for women in the armed forces (what it SHOULD be, anyway): meet the same standards as your male counterparts, be a part of the team. We don't have bras flying as flags over female barracks, do we? (Well, officially; I'm sure there are pranks from time to time.) And the same should go for gays: You're not gay, you're not straight, you're a private/sergeant/lieutenant/whatever, and nothing else. Go fly your fancy flag when you have your DD214 in hand, not before.

hai
04-06-2012, 06:57 PM
This. All day. Every day.

Gays in the military? I don't care. If you can walk, talk, shoot, and shit like a United States Marine, and you have joined the Marines, then be a Marine, and be the best damned Marine you can. Same goes with Army, Navy, etc. But just like with desegregation back in the '50s, the rule should be the same: "You may have been born Black, you may have been born white, but you're in the Army now, and the Army is one color: GREEN." Same goes for women in the armed forces (what it SHOULD be, anyway): meet the same standards as your male counterparts, be a part of the team. We don't have bras flying as flags over female barracks, do we? (Well, officially; I'm sure there are pranks from time to time.) And the same should go for gays: You're not gay, you're not straight, you're a private/sergeant/lieutenant/whatever, and nothing else. Go fly your fancy flag when you have your DD214 in hand, not before.

This.

It shouldn't matter if someone is gay,bi or whatever,as long as they can defend this country against Arabs is what should matter.

Odysseus
04-06-2012, 07:02 PM
I didn't presume that everyone is a closet bigot, I said that you are surrounded by people with anti-semitic prejudice. I base that on personal experience. You can deny it if you like, but it's stunning how ubiquitous anti-semitism is. Do you think it's some kind of accident that most of the Jews in DC suburbs have traditionally huddled in Montgomery County, the Blacks have huddled in PG County, the WASPS held on to Anne Arundel and Fairfax, and the Gays staked a claim in Alexandria, Arlington, and Northwest?

What personal experience do you have with antisemitism in the armed forces? I think that I'm a better judge of who I serve with than you are.

No, HIV is just the latest manifestation of pathological results of a lifestyle that has horrific physical and mental health consequences for its practitioners, but unlike the increased incidence of suicide, mental instability and STDs, the increased incidence of HIV (which, BTW, you don't address) has serious hazards throughout the force. Ever seen a vehicle that's been hit with an IED? Everybody bleeds, and the mingling of bodily fluids is rapid and violent.

And, that doesn't address the numerous disciplinary and morale issues which are going to continue to crop up.

I don't think anyone is demanding that cohabitants be "awarded" the same status as married couples, I think they are demanding that married homosexuals be given the same level of benefits that you claim you have "earned".

The lawsuits have already begun.

Okay, so since we have gender equality, any woman who is unwilling to shower with me should get out. Got it.

And gay men are paragons of restraint? On what planet?

You're grasping at straws by trying to trivialize the reasons that we provide separate facilities for men and women. The concerns are privacy, physical safety and prevention of sexual assault.

It's not my 50-year-old weenie that I'm worried about.

Because it doesn't matter and it happens every day in gyms across the country. Are you saying that the military personnel are somehow less mature and less disciplined than your average gym-bunny?

I was once given a pass to a gym in Manhattan that had a mostly gay clientele. I didn't go near the showers, because what I saw in the locker rooms and the other areas was enough to drive me out of there.

Same thing that happens if you don't like the texture of the towels, the amount of salt in the vegetables, or the thickness of your mattress presumably.

That may be the stupidest thing that you've said in this thread, and that's saying something. The towels, vegetables and mattresses don't file IG or EO complaints when somebody expresses a problem with them.

Yes, Bradley Manning is the typical gay soldier. Are Robert Bales and Nidal Malik Hasan typical heterosexual soldiers? How about Graner and England? Let's play this game.

Hasan may or may not be the typical Muslim Soldier, but his conduct demonstrated that we ought to be vetting Muslims more carefully before we trust them. Bales isn't typical, because his rampage is atypical. Graner and England are, in one way, more typical than you realize, because sexual misconduct between Soldiers is becoming more common as men and women are forced to work together during long deployments, under stressful conditions, without any other release. Sex is a primal urge, and it tends to override other impulses, especially when you throw in massive stress, isolation from loved ones and deprivation of other pastimes. I don't think that I've been in a coed unit that didn't have at least one major sex scandal per year. My last command had a married captain carrying on with a female major, the one before that had a female NCO involved with an LTC (both single, but the rank issue was serious), the one before that was a hive of sexual misconduct, including the CSM who returned from theater an E4 because of his misconduct. It also included a female NCO who used affairs to manipulate her way through the system, and a host of other sexual misadventures. As I've repeatedly told you, sex in the ranks is corrosive. It destroys good order and discipline and sends morale into a tailspin.

Now, let's take a closer look at Manning, shall we? He was gay, deeply disturbed and hurting from a breakup with his drag queen boyfriend. He should have have had a clearance, but, like Nidal Hasan, his chain of command didn't want to act on the obvious warning signs because the PC powers that be had them cowed. He's the most prominent example of what happens when openly gay troops and a PC climate meet.

This was an incredibly stupid argument the first time that you used it, and repetition hasn't made it any less so. I don't argue to make friends, I argue because I believe that I know something that you don't. In this case, I happen to know a lot of things that you don't, so you resort to idiotic claims that I'm somehow craving the approval of strangers, instead of simply handing you your head because you're clueless.

If you can't do better than that, then you might as well unplug your computer.

Odysseus
04-06-2012, 07:05 PM
This.

It shouldn't matter if someone is gay,bi or whatever,as long as they can defend this country against Arabs is what should matter.

What you don't know about that armed forces would fill the West Point Library, the Pentagon Library and the Reimer Digital Library. In fact, they already have.

However, since you seem to be of the correct age, and you're gay, what's stopping you from showing up at the nearest recruiting office? Nova claims that he couldn't sign up when he was eligible, but there's nothing stopping you, now is there?

Apache
04-06-2012, 07:57 PM
This.

get off your high horse, you sanctimonious piece of shit! that's what it was, until last year! don't ask, don't tell... ring a bell, cupcake? but oh no, that wasn't good enough for you guys... bullshit!

hai
04-06-2012, 08:06 PM
get off your high horse, you sanctimonious piece of shit! that's what it was, until last year! don't ask, don't tell... ring a bell, cupcake? but oh no, that wasn't good enough for you guys... bullshit!

Yeah,right. Under DADT,a person could be kicked out for being gay,to me that isn't the American way. If someplace like Denny's tried that with Black people and such,they would have their asses sued. Separate is not equal.

Apache
04-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Yeah,right. Under DADT,a person could be kicked out for being gay,to me that isn't the American way. If someplace like Denny's tried that with Black people and such,they would have their asses sued. Separate is not equal.

ah so... you didn't mean what you said with the previous quote... gotcha! defense of the country is not paramount to you, being gay is... gee could've never guessed! that's all it comes down to, isn't it? i'm a deviant, deal with it... and you wonder why people are fed up with your crap :cold:

Apache
04-06-2012, 10:19 PM
oh hai...

did you run away?

Zathras
04-06-2012, 11:44 PM
Yeah,right. Under DADT,a person could be kicked out for being gay,to me that isn't the American way.

So, to you, breaking the rules is the American way, got it. What part of "Don't tell" do you not understand DUmbass?

If someplace like Denny's tried that with Black people and such,they would have their asses sued. Separate is not equal.

Nice equating gays as the same as blacks. Just goes to show how ignorant you really are. Black people don't have a choice as to the way they are. Gay people do.

Novaheart
04-07-2012, 12:09 AM
(Family Research Council crap deleted) , the increased incidence of HIV (which, BTW, you don't address) has serious hazards throughout the force. Ever seen a vehicle that's been hit with an IED? Everybody bleeds, and the mingling of bodily fluids is rapid and violent.

The increased incidence of HIV in the military is such a small sample that any increase is exaggerated. We are literally talking about increases of less than 20 persons in a service translating to seemingly large percentages. Since everyone is tested prior to deployment, then the chances are slim that one of our bleeding soldiers is positive.

http://www.militarytimes.com/news/2008/10/military_HIV_armedforces_100608w/

Moreover, you are simply exploiting this one chronic and contagious disease to the exclusion of other equally chronic or deadly and more easily transmitted diseases to further your agenda whether you care to recognize that as political, religious, or some other form of prejudice. Hepatitis C is huge amongst patients at VA hospitals.

http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/content/153/8/764.full

Novaheart
04-07-2012, 12:11 AM
Nice equating gays as the same as blacks. Just goes to show how ignorant you really are. Black people don't have a choice as to the way they are. Gay people do.

I'm so glad you chose to go straight. We didn't want you in the club.

Zeus
04-07-2012, 12:32 AM
The increased incidence of HIV in the military is such a small sample that any increase is exaggerated. We are literally talking about increases of less than 20 persons in a service translating to seemingly large percentages. Since everyone is tested prior to deployment, then the chances are slim that one of our bleeding soldiers is positive.

Moreover, you are simply exploiting this one chronic and contagious disease to the exclusion of other equally chronic or deadly and more easily transmitted diseases to further your agenda whether you care to recognize that as political, religious, or some other form of prejudice. Hepatitis C is huge amongst patients at VA hospitals.

Nova just thought you should know anyone in a VA hospital is not in the military. Most haven't been for yrs.

Odysseus
04-07-2012, 12:35 AM

Unless, of course, they indulge in high-risk sexual behavior after they are tested, but before they deploy. Previously, such behavior was a bar to retention, or even enlistment. And gay men in the military are a minute group, but they account for all of the increase.

Hep C is also extremely common among gay men, as are other STDs. So are a host of other conditions, both mental and physical. And, of course, you're fixating on one item in my prior post, because you can't answer any of the other issues that I raised.

You've been backed into a corner, but you won't respond to the arguments presented. What a surprise.

Apparently, it's okay for you to discriminate. Go figure.

Zathras
04-07-2012, 12:42 AM

Glad to be normal and not be in your deviant club.

Novaheart
04-07-2012, 12:43 AM
Nova just thought you should know anyone in a VA hospital is not in the military. Most haven't been for yrs.

Follow the link.

High rates of HCV infection among Department of Veterans Affairs patients have raised questions about whether certain aspects of military service and foreign travel, such as exposure to blood during combat, sexual contacts, tattoos, and receipt of immune globulin for hepatitis A prophylaxis, increase the risk of HCV infection (6, 8

Zathras
04-07-2012, 12:45 AM

It's ok Ody...it's a club I have no desire to join what so ever as I'm a normal person.

Rockntractor
04-07-2012, 12:51 AM

I think you have to sneak in the back door.http://planetsmilies.net/confused-smiley-17418.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)

Zeus
04-07-2012, 12:52 AM
Follow the link.

High rates of HCV infection among Department of Veterans Affairs patients have raised questions about whether certain aspects of military service and foreign travel, such as exposure to blood during combat, sexual contacts, tattoos, and receipt of immune globulin for hepatitis A prophylaxis, increase the risk of HCV infection (6, 8

So they are trying to reduce the risks , Is there a problem ?

Novaheart
04-07-2012, 12:53 AM
You've been backed into a corner, but you won't respond to the arguments presented. What a surprise.

Honey, you simply don't have the intelligence, education, or experience to back me into a corner on these issues. I have been at it a lot longer than you have. That I pick and choose what to respond to is simply a matter of whim, and the degree of effort I am willing to go to to dumb this stuff down for you. So here it is once again, in simplest form: Gay people have won the battle to serve and will soon win the battle on benefits. Your opinion of that is completely irrelevant and there isn't a damned thing that you can do about it. Have a good night.

Apache
04-07-2012, 01:18 AM
Honey, you simply don't have the intelligence, education, or experience to back me into a corner on these issues. I have been at it a lot longer than you have. That I pick and choose what to respond to is simply a matter of whim, and the degree of effort I am willing to go to to dumb this stuff down for you. So here it is once again, in simplest form: Gay people have won the battle to serve and will soon win the battle on benefits. Your opinion of that is completely irrelevant and there isn't a damned thing that you can do about it. Have a good night.

that is funny right there. i don't care who you are :biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

princess getting his head handed to him, AND HE CLAIMS VICTORY!

just more proof that gays are mentally fucked up.....:biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

hai
04-07-2012, 01:57 AM
that is funny right there. i don't care who you are :biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

just more proof that gays are mentally fucked up.....:biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

It's not a illness.

http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/sexual-orientation.aspx

No U!

Zathras
04-07-2012, 02:02 AM

Translation: I'm a legend in my own mind...neener neener neener.

I can't wait for Ody to cut up this with the skills of a master chef.

Apache
04-07-2012, 02:05 AM
It's not a illness.

No U!

stfu...

everytime you get backed into a corner, you run and hide :biggrin-new:

hai
04-07-2012, 02:07 AM
stfu...

everytime you get backed into a corner, you run and hide :biggrin-new:

Says the guy who has a tiger as a avatar.:biggrin-new:

Zathras
04-07-2012, 02:07 AM
It's not a illness.

You keep posting that link. Doesn't mean a damned thing. Too bad you're so screwed up in the head that you don't realise this.

No U!

Ooooooh, such a mature reply. Why don't you go sit in the corner with your sippy cup and let the adults talk here.

Zathras
04-07-2012, 02:09 AM
Says the guy who has a tiger as a avatar.:biggrin-new:

Makes more sense than a tiny toy guitar.

hai
04-07-2012, 02:10 AM
Makes more sense than a tiny toy guitar.

Dude,it's a Ibanez Gio.

Zathras
04-07-2012, 02:12 AM
Dude,it's a Ibanez Gio.

Really? Looks more like something a 2 year old would play with.

hai
04-07-2012, 02:15 AM
Really? Looks more like something a 2 year old would play with.

Here it is.

http://www.samash.com/p/Ibanez_GSA60%20Electric%20Guitar_184279?cm_mmc=Fro ogle-_-Solid%20Body%20Electric-_-GSA60%20Electric%20Guitar-_-IGSA60JBX

Zathras
04-07-2012, 02:19 AM
Here it is.

http://www.samash.com/p/Ibanez_GSA60%20Electric%20Guitar_184279?cm_mmc=Fro ogle-_-Solid%20Body%20Electric-_-GSA60%20Electric%20Guitar-_-IGSA60JBX

http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/0903/derailed-train-derailed-thread-demotivational-poster-1237346157.jpg

hai
04-07-2012, 02:20 AM

Translation: I pwn3d you on that.

Zathras
04-07-2012, 02:35 AM

Riiiiight, sure you did Hai, sure you did.....and if you believe that I have a bridge in San Francisco to sell you.

Seriously, when are you going to grow up and debate like the adult you claim you are? All we see from you is childish insults when you get your pathetic arguments cut up like fish by a master sushi chef.

Zathras
04-07-2012, 02:49 AM
Well i notice when i post here about gay issues,i'm treated with respect and stuff.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=29429116#post29429116

Good for you. Why don't you post there about gay issues and stop bothering us with your deviancy.

hai
04-07-2012, 03:00 AM
Good for you. Why don't you post there about gay issues and stop bothering us with your deviancy.

Why don't you just don't post in threads you don't like instead?

It's the same with TV,if you don't like a show on tv,you turn the channel and stfu.

Zathras
04-07-2012, 03:09 AM
Why don't you just don't post in threads you don't like instead?

It's the same with TV,if you don't like a show on tv,you turn the channel and stfu.

Because it's so much fun showing just what an idiot you really are. You keep posting things here that you know people are going to carve apart and then complain like a child throwing a temper tantrum when they do it. If you want to post where they treat your gay idiocy with respect, do it there and not here.

txradioguy
04-07-2012, 05:28 AM
And you're a homophobe.

Prove it. Show one thing I've ever said on here that indicates I'm a homophobe.

I dare you. Don't toss out stupid claims like that you obtuse moron unless you have a way to back it up.

I sure hope you were looking in the mirror when you typed that because you described yourself perfectly.

Lanie
04-07-2012, 07:40 AM
It will undoubtedly be the end of the world as we know it.

But seriously, I've seen lots of military personnel dancing with same sex partners. It's not a big deal.

Yeah, but I seriously wouldn't put up the rainbow flag. What if there's an extremist nearby who usually isn't into terrorism, but suddenly changes his/her mind?

You can be openly gay without advertising it.

Rockntractor
04-07-2012, 09:57 AM
You can be openly gay without advertising it.

Did you like read what you like wrote, if they weren't like advertising it they wouldn't like be openly gay. Hello!

Zeus
04-07-2012, 11:04 AM
I fly my Conservative Christian, right wing Republican, straight, white, American male Flags daily

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=5051762515184275&id=4c9cf101b82f5088865fb56304d24af0

hai
04-07-2012, 02:38 PM
Because it's so much fun showing just what an idiot you really are. You keep posting things here that you know people are going to carve apart and then complain like a child throwing a temper tantrum when they do it. If you want to post where they treat your gay idiocy with respect, do it there and not here.

Go screw yourself,you reactionary bigot. People like you once supported segregation and were on the wrong side of history,and during the 80's you people used to be in church parking lots,burning rock n roll CD's. You people never learn from what you did in the past.

Rockntractor
04-07-2012, 02:53 PM
Go screw yourself,you reactionary bigot. People like you once supported segregation and were on the wrong side of history,and during the 80's you people used to be in church parking lots,burning rock n roll CD's. You people never learn from what you did in the past.

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/hai.jpg

hai
04-07-2012, 03:00 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/hai.jpg

I mean,during the 80's,pastors burned rock n roll records in church parking lots.

Retread
04-07-2012, 03:03 PM
It's not a illness.

No U!

You're correct in the statement but.... In reality it's self-elimination mutation. Not at all beneficial to the herd.

Rockntractor
04-07-2012, 03:04 PM
I mean,during the 80's,pastors burned rock n roll records in church parking lots.

Okay, that one worked
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1356&dat=19820524&id=n9ZXAAAAIBAJ&sjid=7AUEAAAAIBAJ&pg=7147,4865767

The thing is the churchs burned rock an roll records that were theirs but the vandels destroyed 9000.00 in church property.
When will you people learn the meaning of free speech and lawful assembly?

Zathras
04-07-2012, 03:08 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-v-cbUrK3vwQ/Ta-yBYdpI_I/AAAAAAAAAWI/eeFt-CjCN68/s1600/CRYBABY+TELLING+THE+TRUTH.jpg.

Fixed. Take your whining and crybaby antics to that guitar forum your so fond of. Nobody here is impressed with your childish antics Hai.

Zathras
04-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Okay, that one worked
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1356&dat=19820524&id=n9ZXAAAAIBAJ&sjid=7AUEAAAAIBAJ&pg=7147,4865767

The thing is the churchs burned rock an roll records that were theirs but the vandels destroyed 9000.00 in church property.
When will you people learn the meaning of free speech and lawful assembly?

What Rock is saying is we know what free speech and freedom of assembly means Hai. It's you and your liberal vermin buddies that need a crash course in the true meanings of those terms.

txradioguy
04-07-2012, 03:24 PM

That was a movie called "Footloose" you idiot.

hai
04-07-2012, 03:28 PM
What Rock is saying is we know what free speech and freedom of assembly means Hai. It's you and your liberal vermin buddies that need a crash course in the true meanings of those terms.

You ever read this book?

http://www.amazon.com/Religion-Gone-Bad-Dangers-Christian/dp/B000NBKJ4S

Because i have a copy of it,and will probably do a review of the book when i'm finished with the book.

Rockntractor
04-07-2012, 03:32 PM
You ever read this book?

Because i have a copy of it,and will probably do a review of the book when i'm finished with the book.

About the author

Mel White is a writer, filmmaker, and former ghostwriter of books, authobiographies, and speeches for Billy Graham, Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, Jim Bakker, and Oliver North. He is the author of such inspirational bestsellers as In the Presence of Mine Enemies and Tested by Fire. Presently, Dr. White serves as the National Minister of Justice for the Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches from his position as Dean of Dallas's Cathedral of Hope (M.C.C.), the largest gay and lesbian church in the world. He and his partner, Gary Nixon, live in Dallas, Texas.
A leader of that old time religion.

hai
04-07-2012, 03:45 PM
About the author

A leader of that old time religion.

Dude,what?

Zathras
04-07-2012, 04:01 PM
You ever read this book?

Sorry, don't read obviously biased material.

Ooooh, a book report....I can't wait. Oh wait, yes we can because we already know what you're going to say. The book will be all about bashing Christians and just how bad Christianity is, all from a anti religious point of view.

Odysseus
04-07-2012, 06:12 PM

Well, the good news is that you have a strong, healthy ego. The bad news is that it has no basis in reality. Failing to respond to numerous arguments against gays in the military, and then claiming that one argument is the sole case is dishonest and weak. Just because you decline to answer an argument doesn't mean that it is invalid, it just means that you are unable to do so. Since you are perfectly capable of writing long responses when you think that you have an answer, the obvious implication is that you don't have answers, hence your resorting to the ad hominem attacks. The only accurate in your posts is that Obama has imposed the policy, and there's nothing that I can do about it except comply, which I am doing. But that doesn't make the policy beneficial, and when the effects of the change begin to filter out, as they will, then things may change back. Until then, I will do my duty and document what I see, so that when the time comes, I can present the evidence that you refuse to see.

You have never pwn3d anyone on this site. Ever. Seriously.

Apache
04-07-2012, 06:17 PM
You ever read this book?

hai, you're a moron! got it? moron! you are a self-absorbed, lazy, ignorant piece of me first.... you think that a queer bag pastor is teaching the Word of God? you're deluded! the Bible SPECIFICALLY states that homosexuality is a sin. your fag pastor can't change that... sad but true. trying to change the Lord to suit your wants is impossible. he created you, not the other way around...

btw, that childish swipe at my avatar... take a closer look you near-sighted chump :evil-grin:

hai
04-07-2012, 07:11 PM
hai, you're a moron! got it? moron! you are a self-absorbed, lazy, ignorant piece of me first.... you think that a queer bag pastor is teaching the Word of God? you're deluded! the Bible SPECIFICALLY states that homosexuality is a sin. your fag pastor can't change that... sad but true. trying to change the Lord to suit your wants is impossible. he created you, not the other way around...

btw, that childish swipe at my avatar... take a closer look you near-sighted chump :evil-grin:

I'm very sorry,i must have a misprint in my bible,It doesn't say "For God so loved the world,that he sent his only begotten son,that whosoever believes in him shalt not perish"except gays and lesbians" but shall have everlasting life"

There are also many studies that state that the sin of Sodom was actually Inhospitality.

Apache
04-07-2012, 08:16 PM
I'm very sorry,i must have a misprint in my bible,It doesn't say "For God so loved the world,that he sent his only begotten son,that whosoever believes in him shalt not perish"except gays and lesbians" but shall have everlasting life"

There are also many studies that state that the sin of Sodom was actually Inhospitality.

you really want to go there?

fine, i'll play...
1 Corinthians 6:9

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,

Romans 1:26-27

26 For this reason God gave them up to o vile passions. For even their 1 women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the 2 men, leaving the natural use of the 3 woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due

Leviticus 20:13
Punishments for Sexual Immorality
13 If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

Genesis chapter 19 records the two angels, disguised as human men, visiting Sodom and Gomorrah. Lot met the angels in the city square and urged them to stay at his house. The angels agreed. The Bible then informs us, "Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom — both young and old — surrounded the house. They called to Lot, 'Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.'" The angels then proceed to blind all the men of Sodom and Gomorrah and urge Lot and his family to flee from the cities to escape the wrath that God was about to deliver. Lot and his family flee the city, and then "the LORD rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah — from the LORD out of the heavens. Thus he overthrew those cities and the entire plain, including all those living in the cities..."

In light of the passage, the most common response to the question "What was the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah?" is that it was homosexuality. That is how the term "sodomy" came to be used to refer to anal sex between two men, whether consensual or forced. Clearly, homosexuality was part of why God destroyed the two cities. The men of Sodom and Gomorrah wanted to perform homosexual gang rape on the two angels (who were disguised as men). At the same time, it is not biblical to say that homosexuality was the exclusive reason why God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. The cities of Sodom and Gomorrah were definitely not exclusive in terms of the sins in which they indulged.

wanna try and peddle some more of your 'feel good' bullshit, cupcake?

your cherry-picking bastardization of John 3:16 was poorly thought out, at best. a self-serving twisting of the scriptures at worst. stop trying to justify what is unjustifiable...

hai
04-07-2012, 08:25 PM
you really want to go there?

fine, i'll play...

wanna try and peddle some more of your 'feel good' bullshit, cupcake?

your cherry-picking bastardization of John 3:16 was poorly thought out, at best. a self-serving twisting of the scriptures at worst. stop trying to justify what is unjustifiable...

Inhospitality is always the reason cited in scripture for the destruction of Sodom. Homosexuality is never cited in scripture as the reason God destroyed Sodom. If we ignore the clear Biblical teaching on this issue, we are rejecting God's truth and embracing false teaching. Do you love God's truth enough to stand up against error?

A camel train was a common
method of travel in Bible times.

If they agree on nothing else, many fundamentalists, Catholics and Evangelicals believe homosexuality caused God to destroy Sodom. Yet when asked to cite scripture which clearly states that homosexuality was the sin of Sodom, they are unable to do so.

Perhaps that is because lack of hospitality, among other sins, provides a far better answer to the question than homosexuality. It is difficult for modern Christians in an entirely different cultural setting, to grasp the importance of hospitality in Biblical times.

What does the Bible say about
hospitality and lack of hospitality?

After traveling all day, a Bedouin tent
was a welcome place of refuge.

Hospitality in ancient near Eastern culture was far more important than in modern western culture. Travel through an often desolate wilderness was a tiresome process. Inns and safe places to spend the night were few and far between. Therefore travelers tended to stop and spend the night with whoever was friendly enough to offer shelter.

Imagine yourself riding a camel through dry dusty country day after day and you begin to appreciate the importance of hospitality in ancient times. Making weary travelers welcome for an overnight stay was common in the ancient near east. Hosts welcomed travelers passing through, expecting the same hospitality would be returned to them in their travels.

Desolate wilderness of Israel

In the Sodom story, Genesis 19, Lot is responsible for the safety of his angel visitors and all their needs as long as they are under his roof. Travelers in ancient times depended on the hospitality of strangers for their lives and safety.

Was Inhospitality The Sin Of Sodom?

1. The Testimony of Lot, an eyewitness

Lot and his daughters

After the men of Sodom gather at Lot’s door and demand, “Bring the men out unto us that we may know them,” Lot steps outside, shuts the door to protect his guests and tries to reason with their would-be rapists. Lot, the main participant and an eyewitness to the incident, cites hospitality as the primary reason the men of Sodom should not rape his visitors:

“for therefore [for hospitality] came they
under the shadow of my roof” -Gen 19:8.

Lot’s appeal to the men of Sodom not to breach the hospitality ethic carries evidentiary weight for anyone who believes the Bible. For Lot, an active participant in this drama, inhospitality by the men of Sodom was a major factor in the Sodom story.

Anti-gay Christians claim that committed same sex relationships transgress the male-female complemen- tarity which God built into humans at creation. Lot apparently didn't get that memo because he never argues: "Don’t rape these men because that would transgress male-female complementarity."

2. The Testimony of Jewish Law

A flock
of goats
in Israel

Genesis 13:8 tells us that the herds of Abraham and Lot were so large the men agreed to separate their camps, in order to have enough room to graze. Lot pitched his tent toward Sodom. The pagan influence of the people of Sodom eventually caused Lot to lose his family.

Scripture demonstrates extraordinary concern for the welfare of strangers. God carefully instructs His people that strangers must be treated with hospitality, justice and righteousness. Emphasis on hospitality, being scrupulously careful not to practice inhospitality, permeates Jewish law.

God contrasts the hospitality of Abraham with the inhospitality of the men of Sodom, Genesis 18-19.

God commands the Jews not to treat strangers with inhospitality.

“Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.” -Exodus 22:21.

God grounds the hospitality ethic
in Israel’s personal history
As strangers in Egypt, they experienced the soul- rending inhospitality of people who despised them. They knew how it felt to be abused and mistreated. Therefore, God commands them not to abuse and mistreat strangers in their midst. This is the Golden Rule in the Old Testament. "Treat others as you would like to be treated."

Rugged Judean Canyon

God's next command against inhospitality is aimed at Israel’s heart.

“Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know the heart of a stranger, seeing ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.” Exodus 23:9.

God next commands Israel to love strangers. The Greek word philoxenia, translated "hospitality" in the New Testament, means "loving strangers."

God instructs Israel that it is not enough to simply treat strangers with hospitality. The children of Israel must "love strangers" as they love their neighbors.

“Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself: I am the LORD.” -Leviticus 19:18.

“But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt. I am the LORD your God.” -Leviticus 19:34.

3. The Testimony of Ezekiel About Sodom's Sin

The prophet Ezekiel, writing under inspiration of God, precisely describes the sin of Sodom, listing six huge transgressions committed by the people of Sodom. Don't you find it interesting that homosexuality is not among these sins but inhospitality definitely is? Do you believe what the Bible says in context or will you reject what the Holy Spirit is showing you?

“As I live, saith the LORD GOD, Sodom thy sister hath not done, she nor her daughters, as thou hast done, thou and thy daughters. Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom,

pride,

fulness of bread, and

abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters,

[Inhospitality] neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were

haughty, and

committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.” -Ezekiel 16:48-50

Ezekiel is crystal clear about the sin of Sodom.

Had God intended us to believe that the sin of Sodom was homosexuality, God would have said so in clear and unmistakable language. Yet He did not. Instead, God points out, in clear and unmistakable language, that Inhospitality is the sin of Sodom. Do you agree with God and His prophet Ezekiel about the sin of Sodom?

The abomination Ezekiel refers to in Genesis 19 was an attempted gang rape of angels. The vicious behavior of the men of Sodom violated the hospitality ethic. Genesis 19 is not about a loving committed relationship between two men or two women.

Rockntractor
04-07-2012, 08:30 PM
How do you explain this away Hai?

New Testament
Jesus never mentioned homosexuality, but He did condemn all forms of sexual immorality:

What comes out of you is what defiles you. For from within, out of your hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. All these evils come from inside and defile you. (TNIV, Mark 7:20-23)

The apostle Paul, in one of his letters to the Corinthians, wrote the verses most often quoted on this subject:

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. (NIV, 1st Corinthians 6:9-11)

This verse has been translated in as many different ways as there are different versions of the Bible, so we have to look at the original Greek to see what Paul was really saying. According to Thayer's Greek Lexicon, the word translated here as "male prostitute" is the Greek word malakos which literally means "soft to the touch." However, it was used metaphorically in a negative way to refer to a catamite (a boy kept for sexual relations with a man) or to a male prostitute in general. The word translated here as "homosexual offender" is the Greek word arsenokoites which means a sodomite, a person who engages in any kind of unnatural sex, but especially homosexual intercourse. Some believe this use of arsenokoites referred specifically to the men who kept catamites, but that is not certain.

There are two other New Testament mentions of homosexual acts, in Romans 1:25-27 and 1 Timothy 1:8-10. In this passage from Romans, again in the context of idolatry, Paul mentions women who "exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones," which might apply to lesbian acts: http://www.twopaths.com/faq_homosexuality.htm

hai
04-07-2012, 08:34 PM
How do you explain this away Hai?

http://www.twopaths.com/faq_homosexuality.htm

http://www.dignityusa.org/faq.html

http://www.soulforce.org/resources/what-the-bible-says-and-doesnt-say-about-homosexuality/

Rockntractor
04-07-2012, 08:40 PM
http://www.dignityusa.org/faq.html

http://www.soulforce.org/resources/what-the-bible-says-and-doesnt-say-about-homosexuality/

No, you refute each bible text listed in the posting I made.

Apache
04-07-2012, 08:45 PM
Dear Fundie:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from you, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other specific laws and how to follow them:

When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15:19- 24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

hai, this strawman you throw up in the face of facts, does not change those facts. this lame ass cut-n-paste proves that 1) your debate skills suck worse than a hoovertm in a tornado. 2)that you don't possess an original thought, idea or theory of your own. you must plagarize someone else's work...

now, do you wish to refute any, or all of the verses i put forward? you put forward John 3:16 as a cover-all. i have used scripture in BOTH testaments to show you were wrong. your assinine assertion that sodom and Gomorrah were destoyed for being 'inhospitable' was also shot down using scripture...

and using the term 'Fundie' as if it's a bad thing... i can only strive to be that good :friendly_wink:

your ball, cupcake :evil-grin:

hai
04-07-2012, 09:16 PM
hai, this strawman you throw up in the face of facts, does not change those facts. this lame ass cut-n-paste proves that 1) your debate skills suck worse than a hoovertm in a tornado. 2)that you don't possess an original thought, idea or theory of your own. you must plagarize someone else's work...

now, do you wish to refute any, or all of the verses i put forward? you put forward John 3:16 as a cover-all. i have used scripture in BOTH testaments to show you were wrong. your assinine assertion that sodom and Gomorrah were destoyed for being 'inhospitable' was also shot down using scripture...

and using the term 'Fundie' as if it's a bad thing... i can only strive to be that good :friendly_wink:

your ball, cupcake :evil-grin:

Did you see the sites i linked to like Dignity USA?

Rockntractor
04-07-2012, 09:45 PM

They throw out feel good arguments not backed up by the literal meaning of the bible.
The new and old testament texts have been understood by christian scholars for 2000 years to mean that sexual sin and homosexuality were an abomination in the eyes of God.
The truth wasn't just suddenly discovered by a group of homosexuals and liberal scholars in the last few years. They twist the scripture to meet their lifestyles and will answer for it.
It is a crime against the natural order that God has created on the most basic level, rebellion against the foundation of human life itself.

Apache
04-07-2012, 09:50 PM

Titus 1:15 - 16

15 To the pure, all things are pure, but to the defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure; but both their minds and their consciences are defiled. 16 They profess to know God, but they deny him by their works. They are detestable, disobedient, unfit for any good work.

This explains it very well. Any attempt to subvert the Word of God, to twist its meaning, to somehow condone a sin, such as homosexuality, is a false teaching. you are being fooled, lulled into a false belief. Once again, the Bible condemns homosexuality as a sin, in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS. There is no wiggle room. What part of that is so hard to understand?

Apache
04-07-2012, 09:53 PM
They throw out feel good arguments not backed up by the literal meaning of the bible.
The new and old testament texts have been understood by christian scholars for 2000 years to mean that sexual sin and homosexuality were an abomination in the eyes of God.
The truth wasn't just suddenly discovered by a group of homosexuals and liberal scholars in the last few years. They twist the scripture to meet their lifestyles and will answer for it.
It is a crime against the natural order that God has created on the most basic level, rebellion against the foundation of human life itself.

2 Peter 2:1

1 But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction

hai
04-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Titus 1:15 - 16

15 To the pure, all things are pure, but to the defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure; but both their minds and their consciences are defiled. 16 They profess to know God, but they deny him by their works. They are detestable, disobedient, unfit for any good work.

This explains it very well. Any attempt to subvert the Word of God, to twist its meaning, to somehow condone a sin, such as homosexuality, is a false teaching. you are being fooled, lulled into a false belief. Once again, the Bible condemns homosexuality as a sin, in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS. There is no wiggle room. What part of that is so hard to understand?

I notice the bible also says you can't work on the sabbath EX. 35:2,you can't eat shrimp

Leviticus 11:9-12 says:
9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.
12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

Deuteronomy 14:9-10 says:
9 These ye shall eat of all that are in the waters: all that have fins and scales shall ye eat:
10 And whatsoever hath not fins and scales ye may not eat; it is unclean unto you.

That slavery is a good thing.

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)

Those are verses no one follows today.

Rockntractor
04-07-2012, 10:18 PM
I notice the bible also says you can't work on the sabbath EX. 35:2,you can't eat shrimp

9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.
12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

9 These ye shall eat of all that are in the waters: all that have fins and scales shall ye eat:
10 And whatsoever hath not fins and scales ye may not eat; it is unclean unto you.

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)

And you will also find in the new testament that those rules were lifted, but not the prohibitions on fornication or homosexuality.
This is argument is fruitless, you will except nothing from the bible that is contrary to your lifestyle.
The bible is not your guide for life, your lifestyle dictates what the Bible says in your world.

Apache
04-07-2012, 10:37 PM

Really? More strawman arguments? Really?

"Unclean" foods...
When Jesus died on the cross, He fulfilled the Old Testament law (Romans 10:4; Galatians 3:24-26; Ephesians 2:15). This includes the laws regarding clean and unclean foods.
Link (http://www.gotquestions.org/foods.html)

Working on the sabbath...
Colossians 2:16 - 17

16 Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath. 17 These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ.

Slavery....

As was discussed before the "slavery" mentioned in the Bible was indentured servatude...

ndentured servant
noun

Definition of INDENTURED SERVANT

: a person who signs and is bound by indentures to work for another for a specified time especially in return for payment of travel expenses and maintenance Just nod, if you understand...

Since slavery is now illegal in most places around the world, the point is moot.

Retread
04-07-2012, 11:01 PM

Thanks no-twat - that's the best laugh I've had since unca Ned slipped on the banana peel.
You rating above Ody in anything other than pure ignorance should be listed as the number one joke in everybody's funny file.

Apache
04-07-2012, 11:10 PM
I'm waiting hai....

Rockntractor
04-07-2012, 11:24 PM
homophobe

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/images/smilies/finger.gif

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/deflate1.jpg

hai
04-07-2012, 11:27 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/deflate1.jpg

What is this i don't even.

Apache
04-07-2012, 11:35 PM
homophobe

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/images/smilies/finger.gif

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0jE621e4SQJ33nQjtRmJx2OLQRvz00 VWI7Vj3gd12dr5h2tIukwO89mlV

now hurry, mommy's got fresh diaper for you...

Apache
04-07-2012, 11:39 PM
What is this i don't even...

finish my fucking sentences, because I'm an inbred, brain damaged, meth head!

fixxored to reflect accuracy:biggrin-new:

hai
04-07-2012, 11:42 PM
fixxored to reflect accuracy:biggrin-new:

Fuck you, redneck!

The bible says "For God so loved the world,that he sent his only begotten son,that whosoever believes in him shalt not perish" but shall have everlasting life"

It doesn't say "whoseover, as long are you aren't this or that"

Rockntractor
04-07-2012, 11:52 PM
Fuck you, redneck!

The bible says "For God so loved the world,that he sent his only begotten son,that whosoever believes in him shalt not perish" but shall have everlasting life"

This is how you argue the bible?

hai
04-07-2012, 11:57 PM

I was having a chat online with some people,and they said you people are closed minded.

So consider this conversation over.

Rockntractor
04-07-2012, 11:59 PM
I was having a chat online with some people,and they said you people are closed minded.

Okay, thank you.

Apache
04-08-2012, 12:01 AM
Fuck you, redneck!Not in your wildest wet dreams, cupcake

Romans 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality
You can cherrypick the Bible all you want to... the truth still says you are wrong.

Fundie & Redneck! From you, I'll consider those compliments! :biggrin-new:

Zathras
04-08-2012, 12:03 AM

Says the person who's so closed minded his brain exists in hard vacuum.

Yeah, till the next time you post in it because of not having a real life in the outside world.

Apache
04-08-2012, 12:05 AM

Okay cupcake, you run away again... at least that's one thing you're good at!

Apache
04-08-2012, 12:09 AM

No. This is how he argues the Bible...
Originally Posted by hai

homophobe

That's after I answered him with scripture...:biggrin-new:

Apache
04-08-2012, 01:14 AM
Wow! 8 lurkers right now...:biggrin-new:

If any of you are hai's "friends", sign up and join in...:biggrin-new:

Novaheart
04-08-2012, 01:23 AM
King James Version (KJV)
9Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Sounds like it's going to be a lonely place. Show of hands here for all the people who are divorced or married to a divorced person. Romper Stomper Bomper Boo, tell me tell me who are you?

Apache
04-08-2012, 01:51 AM
Sounds like it's going to be a lonely place. Show of hands here for all the people who are divorced or married to a divorced person. Romper Stomper Bomper Boo, tell me tell me who are you?

Once again, princess, your ability to take a single part and throw away the rest, is astounding...

hai
04-08-2012, 02:34 AM

It's useless arguing with people like these. They are either so stupid that they don't know about the pain and hate us gays go through or they're bigots.

I found this from someone on facebook.

http://www.danoah.com/2011/11/im-christian-unless-youre-gay.html

Zathras
04-08-2012, 02:45 AM
It's useless arguing with people like these. They are either so stupid that they don't know about the pain and hate us gays go through or they're bigots.

Wait...I thought you were done with this conversation? Guess that was a lie, just like your entire life.

Pain and hate for a lifestyle choice? Child, you have absolutely no idea what pain and hate truly is.

hai
04-08-2012, 02:57 AM
Wait...I thought you were done with this conversation? Guess that was a lie, just like your entire life.

Pain and hate for a lifestyle choice? Child, you have absolutely no idea what pain and hate truly is.

You know what? Go screw yourself,and consider this convo over.

txradioguy
04-08-2012, 04:17 AM

That's because he's a Lib. It's typical of them to toss out a bunch of shit...then declare victory as they run out the door.

txradioguy
04-08-2012, 04:20 AM
You know what? Go screw yourself,and consider this convo over.

Until Nova needs you to come back and save him from getting his ass handed to him.

Still waiting for you to show proof where I'm a homophobe.

Odysseus
04-08-2012, 10:28 AM

Okay, so some people that we don't know (and you don't, either, apparently), validated your opinion, so that makes you right?

Seriously, you are way over your head here. This isn't a joke or an insult, it's just that you really don't get anything said here and you cannot make coherent arguments. You'd really be happier posting somewhere else.

Apache
04-08-2012, 10:34 AM

Oh yes hai, by all means turn on the water-works :frown-new:

You wanted to know the answers, and they don't fit what you want. You know what? That's life, DEAL WITH IT! You throw out scripture, not knowing what it meant or how it fit... Instead of forming your own thought process, looking at what was shown to you, you listen to your "friends" and toss out an attack (a petty one at that).

The only debate you're capable of is inhale/exhale, that's all your two remaining brain cells are able to do.

BTW hai, I don 't hate you... never have. And until you stand up for yourself, start thinking for yourself and making up your own mind, all you'll ever be is someone else's puppet.

Zathras
04-08-2012, 12:45 PM
You know what? Go screw yourself.

Sorry, unlike you I have a girlfriend to take care of that for me.

and consider this convo over.

RIIIIIGHT...till the next time you come back that is.

Lanie
04-09-2012, 12:32 PM
Did you like read what you like wrote, if they weren't like advertising it they wouldn't like be openly gay. Hello!

Okay then. Well, you're advertising that you're a heterosexual.

AND you're throwing it up in everybody's face that you're a heterosexual.

Stop forcing yourself on me!

Oh wait, I'm a hetero too. I think I'll advertise it. I just want to advertise it and throw it in everybody's face that I'm a heterosexual.

Really Rock? People just don't want to be fired anymore or purposely hide what they do. That's it.

hai
04-09-2012, 02:06 PM
Okay then. Well, you're advertising that you're a heterosexual.

AND you're throwing it up in everybody's face that you're a heterosexual.

Stop forcing yourself on me!

Oh wait, I'm a hetero too. I think I'll advertise it. I just want to advertise it and throw it in everybody's face that I'm a heterosexual.

Really Rock? People just don't want to be fired anymore or purposely hide what they do. That's it.

This.

Just count the number of commercials in media and on tv that feature opposite gender couples. And yet Straight people accuse us of forcing our lifestyle down others. Anyone else don't see the logic in this?

Odysseus
04-09-2012, 02:12 PM
This.

Just count the number of commercials in media and on tv that feature opposite gender couples. And yet Straight people accuse us of forcing our lifestyle down others. Anyone else don't see the logic in this?

You're 2.5% of the population. When 2.5% of the population dictates the parameters of discussion on a host of issue, then they are forcing their lifestyle on others.

hai
04-09-2012, 02:50 PM
Says the person who's so closed minded his brain exists in hard vacuum.

Yeah, till the next time you post in it because of not having a real life in the outside world.

Says the other posting in this thread.

Do you play bass,drums,guitar?

If not,then shut up.

I play guitar.

txradioguy
04-09-2012, 03:10 PM

If not,then shut up.

I play guitar.

Guitar Hero doesn't count.

Stick to the kiddie forums where you belong. Quit listening to Nova and getting into discussions you have no ability to comment intelligently on.

m00
04-09-2012, 03:17 PM
stick to the kiddie forums where you belong.

stranger danger

hai
04-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Guitar Hero doesn't count.

Stick to the kiddie forums where you belong. Quit listening to Nova and getting into discussions you have no ability to comment intelligently on.

Dude,it's not guitar hero.

It's a real guitar and amp.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7033/6642646317_5bff2a827f.jpg

My amp though needs to be retubed or something,the power tubes don't seem to be lighting.

Molon Labe
04-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Gay people have won the battle to serve and will soon win the battle on benefits.

I'm not going to paruse every post to find out, but I assume you are talking about military benefits?

If so, then unfortunately, that is a true statement. The Army is at a crossroads with regards to having a legal conflict. You cannot have a policy that says that the lifestyle is now legal and authorized and not rectify other benefits for same sex couples that are in conflict...such as your BAH, seperation pay etc.

It's a mess, but it will get straightened out, but I doubt it willl be overturned.

Lanie
04-09-2012, 03:52 PM
This.

Actually, an argument could be made that it's being forced down people's throats.

You're not okay unless you have a good looking man.

You won't have a good looking man unless you buy this product.

Lanie
04-09-2012, 03:54 PM
You're 2.5% of the population. When 2.5% of the population dictates the parameters of discussion on a host of issue, then they are forcing their lifestyle on others.

How are they dictating parameters of discussion?

Truth is I've heard of gays "shoving it down people's throats" just because they have breakfast together on their own porch.

The problem isn't that gays are forcing their life down people's throats. The problem is that people can't stand to see what's different and want to force people back into the closet.

Adam Wood
04-09-2012, 04:15 PM
stranger danger
:rotfl:

hai
04-09-2012, 04:28 PM

Truth is I've heard of gays "shoving it down people's throats" just because they have breakfast together on their own porch.

The problem isn't that gays are forcing their life down people's throats. The problem is that people can't stand to see what's different and want to force people back into the closet.

This.

"I don't like anyone who steps one foot out of the "normal" square box that I have confined my narrow, dull life to. I only approve of people like me. The more you blend in to the crowd, the better. Status quo must be maintained at all times."

The reference above me pretty much sums it up,People are unnerved by those who are different then them. It seems people are so concerned with fitting in,that they want others to fit in with them,instead of letting people be individuals.

Rockntractor
04-09-2012, 04:32 PM
This.

"I don't like anyone who steps one foot out of the "normal" square box that I have confined my narrow, dull life to. I only approve of people like me. The more you blend in to the crowd, the better. Status quo must be maintained at all times."

The reference above me pretty much sums it up,People are unnerved by those who are different then them. It seems people are so concerned with fitting in,that they want others to fit in with them,instead of letting people be individuals.

You can be different all you like, stop costing me money and stop trying to change our government.

Zathras
04-09-2012, 05:08 PM

If not,then shut up.

I play guitar.

Wait? I thought you were done with this conversation? Guess that was a lie, just like everything in your life.

I do not play any of those instruments but that means I can't post in this or any other thread?

The one who should be quiet is you hai, not me, as you've shown an utter lack of debate skills when you do post. Just because you say you can play the guitar (which I seriously doubt) means absolutely nothing on a political forum such as CU.

Zathras
04-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Dude,it's not guitar hero.

It's a real guitar and amp.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7033/6642646317_5bff2a827f.jpg

My amp though needs to be retubed or something,the power tubes don't seem to be lighting.

Nice picture....who let you take a picture of their gear?

hai
04-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Nice picture....who let you take a picture of their gear?

Dude,it's my gear. Of course i think i lost most of my hearing from slipping from the master volume when i first got the amp.

Zathras
04-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Dude,it's my gear. Of course i think i lost most of my hearing from slipping from the master volume when i first got the amp.

Sure it is Hai, sure it is. :rolleyes:

As for losing your hearing? I think you lost more than that judging by the stupidity of your posts.

hai
04-09-2012, 05:26 PM

As for losing your hearing? I think you lost more than that judging by the stupidity of your posts.

Says the person with a avatar of San Jose Sharks,a team that sucks hard.

Zathras
04-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Says the person with a avatar of San Jose Sharks,a team that sucks hard.

Heh heh, guess you haven't seen the playoff scheduel for this year. :rolleyes:

Go to http://www.nhl.com and see just how stupid you and your comment is.

Zathras
04-09-2012, 05:37 PM
http://www.google.com/search?q=san+jose+sharsk+suck&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=H0h&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=X&ei=UVWDT_-CA-miiQKuz8GyAw&ved=0CBsQvwUoAQ&q=san+jose+sharks+suck&spell=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=22554257339ab534&biw=1051&bih=1191

Yawn, is that the best you have Hai? Pretty pathetic but, then again, pathetic is what we've come to expect from you.

hai
04-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Yawn, is that the best you have Hai? Pretty pathetic but, then again, that's what we've come to expect from you.

Well then,i don't watch sports at all.

I was never a jock in school,i was more the nerdy type who was picked on by jocks.

Zathras
04-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Well then,i don't watch sports at all.

Gee, what a shocker there.

I was never a jock in school,i was more the nerdy type who was picked on by jocks.

Hell, I'll bet the nerds, emos and dweebs all picked on you.....as well as the glee club, chess club and the jocks.

Eupher
04-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Gee, what a shocker there.

Hell, I'll bet the nerds, emos and dweebs all picked on you.....as well as the glee club, chess club and the jocks.

Not to mention the band guys. :smile-new:

hai
04-09-2012, 06:14 PM

It is.

The metal presets,like the Meshuggah preset are very loud on it.

Apache
04-09-2012, 06:19 PM

Are you serial Lanie? How are they dictating parameters of discussion? You want to start with the threats? The intimidation? How about the name-calling? Maybe the lawsuits, when they don't get their way?

Look upthread at some of the parrot's comments....

Generation Why?
04-09-2012, 06:34 PM
Non-issue. Flags of all origins are flown in a deployment. I guess I just don't hate anybody enough to cry Bloody Mary...

Apache
04-09-2012, 07:08 PM
Non-issue. Flags of all origins are flown in a deployment. I guess I just don't hate anybody enough to cry Bloody Mary...

Yeah, it's only about standards, right? Who needs those?:cold:

m00
04-09-2012, 07:27 PM
So I have a feeling ody is going to politely correct me on this :adoration:, but as a civilian who closely watches politics I think there is a lot wrong with the military establishment in the organizational sense (and I want to draw a distinction here between the bureaucracy and the individuals who are serving). The question of gays serving in the military is a part of it (this is a bureaucratic decision), and certain once one accepts the premise of gays openly serving what that means to the larger military culture and structure. But I suspect there are a lot of issues facing the military organization these days -- everything from issues protecting women who are serving, to budgetary matters (especially between branches), to rules of engagement, to care for veterans. And in the largest sense, questions about when a military response at all should be taken at the highest levels as opposed to diplomatic responses.

So personally, I think in the 21st century, the biggest question I see is "what is the specific purpose of the military as an agent of the United States federal government." I'm not sure we've had a good answer since Reagan. Under Bush 41 it seemed to be about global strategic interests, under Clinton it was for PR purposes -- Clinton's military served as a global ambassador, Bush 43 was nation building and Obama is ???. But I don't think National Defense has been a serious consideration since Reagan. So what are we doing?

So really, the issue of gays and everything like this that comes with it... I care, but I don't really. Because, again speaking as a civilian, what I'm really worried about is what the government primarily wants the military to do, and I'm afraid without a clear answer to that we'll just be wasting soldier's lives and wasting taxpayer money. I think the matter of gays openly serving is a symptom of that, but it's not really about that.