PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or is Parcel Post slow as hell?

hai
04-05-2012, 12:22 AM
Because i ordered something a while ago,and it's still showing as being scanned in California.

Elspeth
04-05-2012, 12:24 AM
It can be very slow.

How long ago did you order?

hai
04-05-2012, 12:26 AM
It can be very slow.

How long ago did you order?

About the 28th of March.

Rockntractor
04-05-2012, 12:33 AM
Because i ordered something a while ago,and it's still showing as being scanned in California.

I'm usually pretty satisfied with parcel post, you live on an island in the middle of the pacific.

Elspeth
04-05-2012, 12:37 AM
About the 28th of March.

That's only a week. Sometimes it can up to 2 weeks depending on where you are and depending on the weather. A week or so is normal across the contiguous 48 states. During Christmas, it can be over 2 weeks, especially if there is snow.

Is there a single California scan or are there several? I assume you got tracking for it?

Zeus
04-05-2012, 12:43 AM
The USPS is in hemorrhaging multiple millions of Dollars annual deficits . So they are running around chasing their asses trying to come up with ways to cut costs,save some money. one of the ways they are attempting to do this is by closing some post offices. Not a bad idea on the face of it.

Now for the rest of the Story. Town down the way Pop. about 60,000 Had two Post offices so they closed one. Well , of those two post offices one was operating in the black,one in the red,one was union the other nonunion or at least had no union workers. Care to take a guess which one was operating in the black and which one they closed.

hai
04-05-2012, 12:44 AM
That's only a week. Sometimes it can up to 2 weeks depending on where you are and depending on the weather. A week or so is normal across the contiguous 48 states. During Christmas, it can be over 2 weeks, especially if there is snow.

Is there a single California scan or are there several? I assume you got tracking for it?

Only one California scan.

Articulate_Ape
04-05-2012, 12:47 AM
Who the hell has something sent parcel post these days? Is this a Gunsmoke episode? WTF?

Zeus
04-05-2012, 12:51 AM
Who the hell has something sent parcel post these days? Is this a Gunsmoke episode? WTF?

It's cheaper. Also for when it absolutely positively has to get there whenever the hell they get around to delivering it :evil-grin:

Rockntractor
04-05-2012, 12:52 AM

Amazon ships that way all the time, I get stuff as fast as three days.

Articulate_Ape
04-05-2012, 12:53 AM

I hope you at least water the pony.

Rockntractor
04-05-2012, 01:01 AM
I hope you at least water the pony.

Just last week i ordered some Laudanum from Doc Adams and Festus brought it over right quick, yeah I watered and fed his mule!http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/animaux-insectes/familiers/cavalier2.gif

hai
04-05-2012, 03:44 PM

Some sellers on Ebay also use that method as well. it takes about 2 months or so for something to get here to hawaii.