PDA

View Full Version : 20% of Romney Supporters Would Actually Vote for Obumbler!

mike128
04-05-2012, 05:00 AM
Guess what folks? According to a recent Pew Research Center poll, 20% of Mitt Romney's supporters (1 in 5) would ACTUALLY VOTE for OBUMBLER if Rick Santorum took the GOP nomination. Really??

Here's the link to the article:
http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/romney-voters-would-support-obama-if-santorum-is-the-nominee/

Here's another link to the actual Pew Research Center Poll:
http://www.people-press.org/2012/03/14/section-2-the-general-election-2/

So, in other words, it's perfectly OK for 20% of Romney supporters to vote for Obumbler on Election Day if Santorum wins, but it's NOT OK for me to stay home on Election Day if Flip Romney wins, and my candidate, Rick Santorum loses? Seriously?

The Republican 'establishment' is so hypocritical! They keep telling conservatives, like us, that we have to suck it up and vote for their liberal RINO nominees because we have 'nowhere else to go.' Yet when a REAL conservative gets the nomination, all the RINOS in the Republican 'establishment' run for the hills! Here's are two examples of this:

Back in the 2006 New York State Gubernatorial race, the Republican 'establishment' "hand-picked" former Massachusetts Governor William (Bill) Weld, (another Massachusetts liberal) to be the Republican nominee. But it turns out that a REAL conservative, John Faso, had actually WON the Republican nomination for Governor. The Republican 'establishment' was *pissed*. So nobody from the Republican 'establishment' came to help John Faso out, either through endorsements or financial support. I even heard Sean Hannity, of all people, say "Faso can't win" to his millions of listeners on the radio! Conservative John Faso was left to twist in the wind. Sleezebag Eliot Spitzer ended up winning the election, because the Republican 'establishment' ran for the hills when they didn't get their way.

The same exact thing happened AGAIN in 2010, when REAL conservative Carl Paladino defeated the Republican 'establishment' liberal "hand-pick", Rick Lazio for the 2010 NYS Gubernatorial nomination. Paladino, the REAL conservative who won the nomination, was left to twist in the wind by the Republican 'establishment', who ran for the hills again, just like they did with John Faso. Another sleezebag, Andrew Cuomo, who didn't see a problem taking his small children to the obscene 5th Avenue "gay pride" parade in Manhattan, eventually won the election.

So if the liberal Republican 'establishment' has no problem abandoning my conservative candidates when they get the nomination, then I have no problem abandoning their liberal RINO candidates when they get the nomination. And Mitt Romney is no exception.

That's all I have to say.

wwworkingguy
04-05-2012, 06:18 AM
I think you're a Democratic operative posing as a hardcore conservative ..... you know..... a Stephen Colbert wannabe.

mike128
04-05-2012, 06:46 AM
I think you're a Democratic operative posing as a hardcore conservative ..... you know..... a Stephen Colbert wannabe.
So, if I don't fall in line and support RINO Romney, then that makes me a Democrat, right?? :rolleyes: I support Rick Santorum, OK? Am I not allowed to support the candidate of my choice without being slammed and having my character assaulted? The race for the GOP nomination is NOT over. Romney does NOT have the 1144 delegatates needed to win. Santorum can still win Pennsylvania and Texas. For you to accuse me of being a Democrat operative would be the same as accusing Rick Santorum of being a Democrat operative, just for staying in the race. It's the same smear tactics that the Democrats always use against Republican candidates in general elections.

I don't care what any of you think. I WILL vote for Rick Santorum if he is the nominee, definitely. But I will NOT vote at all if that Massachusetts liberal flip-flopper is the nominee! I'm sorry, but my vote only goes to REAL CONSERVATIVES.

Stoic
04-05-2012, 08:34 AM
I WILL vote for Rick Santorum if he is the nominee, definitely. But I will NOT vote at all if that Massachusetts liberal flip-flopper is the nominee! I'm sorry, but my vote only goes to REAL CONSERVATIVES.

Then you're a fool, and no conservative at all. If you wanna support Santorum, that's your business, as you said. But if you don't vote just because Romney wins the nomination, then you're just another idiot, bent on handing it to the communist-in-chief again, and it will partially be your fault if he wins.

And no, before you accuse me of it, I don't like Romney either.

Bailey
04-05-2012, 08:42 AM
Then you're a fool, and no conservative at all. If you wanna support Santorum, that's your business, as you said. But if you don't vote just because Romney wins the nomination, then you're just another idiot, bent on handing it to the communist-in-chief again, and it will partially be your fault if he wins.

And no, before you accuse me of it, I don't like Romney either.

I am so sick of your bullshit, you have 3 choices: 1: vote for Romney (hes going to be the R Candidate) 2: Vote for Obama 3: dont vote for either of them.

Picking 2 or 3 choice is really the same choice (voting for obama) or you can suck it up and vote for Romney. I really dont give a shit what choice you pick but stop beating this dead horse of yours.

I dont like Romney much but I HATE obama a lot more and since i have no choice (and neither do you) i am going to vote for Romney.

Stoic
04-05-2012, 08:46 AM
I am so sick of your bullshit, you have 3 choices: 1: vote for Romney (hes going to be the R Candidate) 2: Vote for Obama 3: dont vote for either of them.

Picking 2 or 3 choice is really the same choice (voting for obama) or you can suck it up and vote for Romney. I really dont give a shit what choice you pick but stop beating this dead horse of yours.

I dont like Romney much but I HATE obama a lot more and since i have no choice (and neither do you) i am going to vote for Romney.

Ummm...who are you talking to? That's exactly what I just said...

Bailey
04-05-2012, 08:48 AM
Ummm...who are you talking to? That's exactly what I just said...

Sorry I just read the opening OP and replied :)

I am sick of his crap, time to suck it up and vote for him to remove obama from the WH.

Starbuck
04-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Then you're a fool, and no conservative at all............

Or maybe he's just a litmus test voter. One issue, and his mind is made up. I suspect that is the case.

Apocalypse
04-05-2012, 09:53 AM
Santorum Seeking Democratic Votes in Michigan Primary Against Romney (http://foolocracy.com/2012/02/santorum-seeking-democratic-votes-in-michigan-primary-against-romney/) Posted on February 27, 2012 (http://foolocracy.com/2012/02/santorum-seeking-democratic-votes-in-michigan-primary-against-romney/) by Glenn Church (http://foolocracy.com/author/admin/)

The Santorum for President campaign is actively seeking votes from Democrats disenchanted with Romney enough to cross party lines. In Michigan, Democrats can vote in the Republican primary. It would be surprising if any but a handful of Democrats supported Rick Santorum. That hasnít stopped the Santorum campaign which is hoping that even an extra one or two percent might be the margin of victory.

Here is a robocall the Santorum campaign is using to persuade Democrats to support Santorum. The robocall criticizes Romney for backing the Wall Street bailout but not the automakers bailout. The dishonest part is that Santorum opposed the automakers bailout just as much as Romney. Once again, dirty politics at work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjgpOfT0FS8

Molon Labe
04-05-2012, 09:55 AM
That 20% of Obama supporters like him doesn't surprise me at all. He's a Massachusset's RINO. Which is the same as Lib lite. You could find a Southern Democrat further to the right than Romney.

Rockntractor
04-05-2012, 09:59 AM
So, if I don't fall in line and support RINO Romney, then that makes me a Democrat, right?? :rolleyes: I support Rick Santorum, OK? Am I not allowed to support the candidate of my choice without being slammed and having my character assaulted? The race for the GOP nomination is NOT over. Romney does NOT have the 1144 delegatates needed to win. Santorum can still win Pennsylvania and Texas. For you to accuse me of being a Democrat operative would be the same as accusing Rick Santorum of being a Democrat operative, just for staying in the race. It's the same smear tactics that the Democrats always use against Republican candidates in general elections.

I don't care what any of you think. I WILL vote for Rick Santorum if he is the nominee, definitely. But I will NOT vote at all if that Massachusetts liberal flip-flopper is the nominee! I'm sorry, but my vote only goes to REAL CONSERVATIVES.

We will find you and pee in your apple juice!http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smileys-and-emoticons/angry/smileys-angry-662871.gif (http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/)

Eupher
04-05-2012, 10:12 AM
I get nervous every time I hear that phrase "real conservative." Kinda wonderin' if the Dims use the phrase "real liberal."

Something tells me they don't...

Of course "moonbat" and "mouth-breather" come to mind, but those are pejoratives that most conservatives use toward the DU-types that infest the planet.

Zeus
04-05-2012, 10:57 AM
I get nervous every time I hear that phrase "real conservative." Kinda wonderin' if the Dims use the phrase "real liberal."

Something tells me they don't...

Of course "moonbat" and "mouth-breather" come to mind, but those are pejoratives that most conservatives use toward the DU-types that infest the planet.

Mikenumbers is definitely a poser. Come on now Rick Lazio "A liberal" . I also have to question the intelligence of the person that sit out an election because they believe that is somehow going to hurt the opposition.

Zathras
04-05-2012, 11:53 AM
http://community2.metalreview.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/8/7220.attention_5F00_whore9343.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/HeroesAtWork/deadhorse.jpg

Zeus
04-05-2012, 12:28 PM
That 20% of Obama supporters like him doesn't surprise me at all. He's a Massachusset's RINO. Which is the same as Lib lite. You could find a Southern Democrat further to the right than Romney.

A certain percentage of primary voters eventually voting for the opposition is by product of open primaries. You are absolutely right about the southern democrat,the old guard at least, being more conservative than the avg New Englander republican. Hell the godfather of Texas democrats Jim Mattox encouraged and endorsed GWB to Run for President.

Janice
04-05-2012, 12:44 PM
A certain percentage of primary voters eventually voting for the opposition is by product of open primaries. You are absolutely right about the southern democrat,the old guard at least, being more conservative than the avg New Englander republican. Hell the godfather of Texas democrats Jim Mattox encouraged and endorsed GWB to Run for President.

Well stated Zeus. http://i55.tinypic.com/2hfi39c.gif

JB
04-05-2012, 07:17 PM
But I will NOT vote at all if that Massachusetts liberal flip-flopper is the nominee!Dude, don't vote then. That's fine. Quite frankly, no one cares. Vote for Obama, I don't care.

You know why...your vote doesn't matter. One vote. Big deal. Stay at home. You're just not that important.

Wei Wu Wei
04-05-2012, 08:33 PM
That's because Obama is basically a moderate conservative. It's easy for Obama voters and GOP voters to overlap.

Kay
04-05-2012, 08:41 PM
So Mike128, what your opening post means is that if Romney is our nominee he's pretty certain to pull at least 20% of the vote away from Barry. If Rick is the nominee he won't be able to peel that 20% away. You make a good point here about why we should all get behind Mittens.

TooManyChiefs
04-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Cannot vote for Romney, I may as well vote for Obama if I vote for Mitt.

Really sucks how it all worked out. Wound up with absolute the worst candidate possible.

MountainMan
04-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Cannot vote for Romney, I may as well vote for Obama if I vote for Mitt.

Really sucks how it all worked out. Wound up with absolute the worst candidate possible.

So now we know you support Obama. Thanks for the heads up.

Odysseus
04-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Guess what folks? According to a recent Pew Research Center poll, 20% of Mitt Romney's supporters (1 in 5) would ACTUALLY VOTE for OBUMBLER if Rick Santorum took the GOP nomination. Really??

Sounds like a reason to support Romney in the general election.

Oh, would that it were...

That's because Obama is basically a moderate conservative. It's easy for Obama voters and GOP voters to overlap.

Wei, you are completely delusional.

MountainMan
04-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Guess what folks?

We can only continue to hope.

mike128
04-05-2012, 10:30 PM
So Mike128, what your opening post means is that if Romney is our nominee he's pretty certain to pull at least 20% of the vote away from Barry. If Rick is the nominee he won't be able to peel that 20% away. You make a good point here about why we should all get behind Mittens.
That's not what my opening post means. The point of this thread is to demonstrate how hypocritical the liberal Republican 'establishment' is when they try and shame people like me into voting for their liberal nominees, while that same Republican 'establishment' will run for the hills when real conservatives get nominated, and let those candidates twist in the wind.

Besides, I have yet to see a poll taken of Santorum and Gingrich supporters, who will refuse to vote for Romney if he gets the nomination.

mike128
04-05-2012, 10:33 PM
Mikenumbers is definitely a poser. Come on now Rick Lazio "A liberal" . I also have to question the intelligence of the person that sit out an election because they believe that is somehow going to hurt the opposition.
Rick Lazio is pro-abortion and supports gay civil unions. I don't call that 'conservative.'

Rockntractor
04-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Rick Lazio is pro-abortion and supports gay civil unions. I don't call that 'conservative.'

As far as gay civil unions go I think most conservatives are for that.
Let them have civil unions, they can leave marriage alone.

Zathras
04-06-2012, 12:32 AM

Neither is someone who supports a pro-abortion, tax and spend liberal icon for a second term as govenor of a certain west coast state would be considered a conservative.

mike128
04-06-2012, 12:42 AM
Neither is someone who supports a pro-abortion, tax and spend liberal icon for a second term as govenor of a certain west coast state would be considered a conservative.
I never supported Jerry Brown, Zathras! I did want Meg Whitman to lose, because I feared that she would then run for President. Knowing the way the Republican 'establishment' works, she would probably win the nomination too, especially since she would be running as Governor of delegate-rich California.

Now we have the possiblity of Romney taking the nomination. I honestly don't know which is worse.

Rockntractor
04-06-2012, 12:51 AM
Now we have the possiblity of Romney taking the nomination. I honestly don't know which is worse.

winning the nomination by vote, not taking. Maybe this is what you don't understand.

Zathras
04-06-2012, 02:13 AM
I never supported Jerry Brown, Zathras! I did want Meg Whitman to lose, because I feared that she would then run for President. Knowing the way the Republican 'establishment' works, she would probably win the nomination too, especially since she would be running as Governor of delegate-rich California.

I bolded the first part of this post to prove just what a lying sack of bullshit you really are.....

In a thread titled MEG WHITMAN SUCKS!! I Hope Governor Moonbeam Wins! that you started....

I sure hope that self-serving Billionairess Bitch goes down in flames this November! I'll take Governor Moonbeam over her any day!

LINK (http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?28960-MEG-WHITMAN-SUCKS!!-I-Hope-Governor-Moonbeam-Wins!)

Now tell me again just how you didn't support Jerry Brown for govenor? It sure looks like support for Brown to me and to anyone else who reads that thread.

I know you'll twist and turn in the wind like an F5 tornado trying to denying this fact but, no matter how you spin it, it'll be an out and out lie.

txradioguy
04-06-2012, 05:26 AM
But I will NOT vote at all if that Massachusetts liberal flip-flopper is the nominee! I'm sorry,

Obama 2012 appreciates your vote.

Bailey
04-06-2012, 08:47 AM

He may or may not be what you say but I doubt if he'll stay this way if he wins another term.

Kay
04-06-2012, 09:30 AM
That's not what my opening post means.

Yes it IS​.

NJCardFan
04-06-2012, 09:45 AM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Xa7cArE9NAk/SqRXo9kIGWI/AAAAAAAACGs/AnGglO03Ees/s320/cartoon_754.gif
http://www.animalclipart.net/_small/0511-0703-1210-3956.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewMOW54lY0w

Zathras
04-06-2012, 05:10 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/HeroesAtWork/462.jpg

Odysseus
04-06-2012, 06:30 PM
That's not what my opening post means. The point of this thread is to demonstrate how hypocritical the liberal Republican 'establishment' is when they try and shame people like me into voting for their liberal nominees, while that same Republican 'establishment' will run for the hills when real conservatives get nominated, and let those candidates twist in the wind.

Besides, I have yet to see a poll taken of Santorum and Gingrich supporters, who will refuse to vote for Romney if he gets the nomination.

No, the point of your post is that Romney will get 20% more voters against Obama than Santorum. Your imbecilic interpretation aside, it's an argument for supporting Romney if you oppose Obama. It's only an argument for Santorum if you believe that he can beat Obama without that 20%, or you'd rather have Obama win. Since it's unlikely that Santorum can do that, the far likelier outcome is an Obama victory, followed by an American decline.

Zathras was kind enough to provide the post in which you stated the opposite, but even if he didn't, you don't seem to grasp a critical point, which is that when two people are running for the same office, when you hope that one of them loses, you are supporting the other by default. You can try to spin that however you like, but it's not going to change it.

Zathras
04-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Zathras was kind enough to provide the post in which you stated the opposite, but even if he didn't, you don't seem to grasp a critical point, which is that when two people are running for the same office, when you hope that one of them loses, you are supporting the other by default. You can try to spin that however you like, but it's not going to change it.

What's funny is that both times I've mentioned this in a thread it chased DUmbass128 away from the thread and he never came back.