PDA

View Full Version : I'd watch out if I were him...

Bailey
04-06-2012, 11:50 AM
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpps/news/kagan-takes-up-hunting-with-fellow-justice-scalia-dpgonc-20120404-kh_19031801

I wouldnt put it past the magic negro to ask her to "open" another slot for him to fill. So I hope he uses a bullet proof vest and keeps her in front of him.

linda22003
04-06-2012, 11:52 AM
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpps/news/kagan-takes-up-hunting-with-fellow-justice-scalia-dpgonc-20120404-kh_19031801

I wouldnt put it past the magic negro to ask her to "open" another slot for him to fill. So I hope he wears a vest and keeps her in front of him.

You don't find it at all possible that ideological opposites can still be amicable colleagues?

Bailey
04-06-2012, 11:59 AM
You don't find it at all possible that ideological opposites can still be amicable colleagues?

Well I heard someone leaked the vote on the case in the USSC and all fingers point to her.

Amicable yes someone I'd trust with a gun near me ? no

linda22003
04-06-2012, 12:02 PM
Well I heard someone leaked the vote on the case in the USSC and all fingers point to her.

Amicable yes someone I'd trust with a gun near me ? no

Well, she's new at it. Better off with a real expert like Dick Cheney. ;)

Bailey
04-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Well, she's new at it. Better off with a real expert like Dick Cheney. ;)

Ah the fall back joke, come on you're better than that.

Janice
04-06-2012, 12:10 PM

I can well imagine. I have friends who are very liberal. We are polar opposites But we are like best of friends both personally and in business. Its actually kind of fun. I openly lambaste liberalism all the time. But I dont make it personal. Its the ideology that makes me cringe. And I suppose that I am much better at articulating it than some. We understand each others views and we go from there. Same with my gay friends.. who usually agree with me. Esp about the activist gay agenda. But I dont "preach". I am who I am and visa verse. We are all "equally" human from my point of view.

However, isnt she somewhat of a gun control advocate?

linda22003
04-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Ah the fall back joke, come on you're better than that.

Nope, I'm not. :) And it's not a joke, it really happened!

linda22003
04-06-2012, 12:27 PM
I can well imagine. I have friends who are very liberal. We are polar opposites But we are like best of friends both personally and in business. Its actually kind of fun.

Yes, it is. My husband's family considers me very conservative (which gives you an idea of how far to the left they are!) We tease each other all the time. When I got my big nasty diamond last year, one cousin said rather stiffly, "Well, I hope it's not a conflict diamond." I smiled sweetly and said, "Ohhhhh, yeah. I fought for this for YEARS." She cracked up.

Bailey
04-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Yes, it is. My husband's family considers me very conservative (which gives you an idea of how far to the left they are!) We tease each other all the time. When I got my big nasty diamond last year, one cousin said rather stiffly, "Well, I hope it's not a conflict diamond." I smiled sweetly and said, "Ohhhhh, yeah. I fought for this for YEARS." She cracked up.

Would you trust your MIL with a gun to your back? ;)

linda22003
04-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Would you trust your MIL with a gun to your back? ;)

Fortunately, that's a dead issue, if you know what I mean. My MIL wouldn't even have known which end of a gun to hold, which alone would have made her dangerous.

Bailey
04-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Fortunately, that's a dead issue, if you know what I mean. My MIL wouldn't even have known which end of a gun to hold, which alone would have made her dangerous.

I was only kidding, you know the old saw about wives and their MIL's?

linda22003
04-06-2012, 01:52 PM
I was only kidding, you know the old saw about wives and their MIL's?

Not sure that I do. In any case, we got along fine at a distance - and a distance is exactly what my husband wanted to keep between him and his parents.

Elspeth
04-06-2012, 03:02 PM
When I got my big nasty diamond last year, one cousin said rather stiffly, "Well, I hope it's not a conflict diamond." I smiled sweetly and said, "Ohhhhh, yeah. I fought for this for YEARS." She cracked up.

Nice one! :thumbsup: