PDA

View Full Version : GOP Superdelegates: Itís Over, Romney Is Nominee

Rockntractor
04-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Published: Saturday, 7 Apr 2012 | 11:03 AM ET
It's over, and Mitt Romney is going to be the GOP nominee for president.

That's the growing consensus among Republican National Committee members who will automatically attend the party's national convention this summer and can support any candidate they choose.
Read More>http://www.cnbc.com/id/46983086

Zeus
04-08-2012, 10:08 PM
It's misleading to call The Committee members super delegates. Naturally they can support any candidate they choose, this is still America.

Rockntractor
04-08-2012, 10:23 PM
It's misleading to call The Committee members super delegates. Naturally they can support any candidate they choose, this is still America.

This is the first election cycle I have noticed them doing that, I don't know who started it.

Zeus
04-08-2012, 10:32 PM
This is the first election cycle I have noticed them doing that, I don't know who started it.

If I had to venture a guess it's the lamestream media providing cover for the DNC because they do have the party apparatchik that do have a vote(s) to cast in case the peasants voted for the wrong candidate. I think last cycle was their first.

m00
04-09-2012, 01:04 PM

Calling them "Committee members" makes it sound like the establishment's vote is more important than the people's (which, of course, is the case). First I heard was the Democratic primaries in 2004.

It's over, and Mitt Romney is going to be the GOP nominee for president.

That's the growing consensus among Republican National Committee members

Meanwhile, Iowa and the caucus states haven't even awarded delegates yet.