PDA

View Full Version : "He admits he still doesn't know how to use a computer, can't send an e-mail

megimoo
09-16-2008, 01:39 PM
E-mail to Obama: dishonest TV ad, wrong audience

The Democrat's latest attack on John McCain takes poor aim at his age and knowledge of technology.

One reason McCain is not versed in the mechanical details of sending e-mail and typing on a keyboard is that
the North Vietnamese broke his fingers and shattered both of his arms.

As Forbes, Slate and the Boston Globe reported in 2000, McCain's injuries make using a keyboard painfully laborious.

He mostly relies on his wife and staff to show him e-mails and websites, though he says he's getting up to speed.

After running a brilliant and historic primary battle to defeat Hillary Clinton, the Obama campaign is now in disarray. Why?

Perhaps it's because Barack Obama has never run a competitive race against a Republican. After all, Obama won his U.S. Senate seat in Illinois by running against Alan Keyes, a fire-and-brimstone, right-wing black carpetbagger from Maryland (or perhaps Mars) who had no real ties to Illinois.

Now, facing John McCain's blistering ads, Obama seems unable to fight fire with fire. The Democratic rank and file are furious (while simultaneously denouncing McCain's negativity).

Obama, they may be realizing, doesn't know how to close the deal.

Nonetheless, the Obama campaign has vowed, once again, to take the gloves off and go after McCain hard, linking him to President Bush and highlighting the fact that the Arizona senator is out of touch.

One flaw with this supposed course correction is that it isn't one. McCain-Bush-Economy has been Obama's message for months now. Indeed, ABC News' Jake Tapper wrote on his blog that this is actually the fourth time Team Obama has pledged to engage in a bracing round of fisticuffs.

To prove his newfound determination to go bare knuckle against McCain, Obama unveiled a new TV ad, to air in key states.

It begins with the date "1982," a picture of a disco ball and footage of McCain in clunky glasses from his first year in Washington. "Things have changed in the last 26 years, but McCain hasn't," explains the announcer.

"He admits he still doesn't know how to use a computer, can't send an e-mail, still doesn't understand the economy and favors $200 billion in new tax cuts for corporations, but almost nothing for the middle class." All the while it shows ancient computers and a cordless phone that looks like a World War II-era walkie-talkie.

The tax-cuts and economy barbs are familiar boilerplate. What's new is the charge of computer illiteracy and the blatant attempt to attack McCain as too old for the job -- and that speaks volumes.

First, the ad is dishonest. McCain has been one of the Senate's leading authorities on telecom and the Internet.

In 2000, Forbes magazine called him the "Senate's savviest technologist." That same year, Slate's Jacob Weisberg gushed that McCain was the most "cybersavvy" of all the presidential candidates that year, a crop that included none other than Al Gore. Being chairman of the Senate Commerce Committee, Weisberg explained, "forced him to learn about the Internet early on, and young Web entrepreneurs such as Jerry Yang and Jeff Bezos fascinate him."

Weisberg, an Obama booster, now disingenuously mocks McCain as "flummoxed by that newfangled doodad, the personal computer."

One reason McCain is not versed in the mechanical details of sending e-mail and typing on a keyboard is that the North Vietnamese broke his fingers and shattered both of his arms. As Forbes, Slate and the Boston Globe reported in 2000, McCain's injuries make using a keyboard painfully laborious. He mostly relies on his wife and staff to show him e-mails and websites, though he says he's getting up to speed.

"It's extraordinary," Obama spokesman Dan Pfeiffer said, "that someone who wants to be our president and our commander in chief doesn't know how to send an e-mail." For the record, President Clinton sent exactly two e-mails while in office, according to the archives in his presidential library.

Besides, by this logic, Obama is even less qualified to be commander in chief because, unlike McCain, Obama has never fired a gun, flown a plane or led men during wartime.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-goldberg16-2008sep16,0,5361480.column

LibraryLady
09-16-2008, 01:46 PM
"If we’re going to ask questions about, you know, who has been promulgating negative ads that are completely unrelated to the issues at hand, I think I win that contest pretty handily,” Obama said.

yep, he really said it.:D

Zeus
09-16-2008, 01:48 PM
But how stupid is it for the Obama campaign to claim that McCain is unqualified to be president because he can't grasp cyber-security issues based on the fact he has never sent an email when the McCain campaign can just as easily say Obama can't understand first order national security issues because he's never fired a rife, flown a plane, commanded men in battle, or faced an enemy? I mean which prepares someone to be commander in chief better, hitting "send" on AOL or fighting a war?
--Jonah Goldberg

Reporter: Mr. McCain, how do you respond to charges that Palin has no experience?
McCain: If Obama had as much experience as Mrs. Palin, he’d be ready for the VP slot, too.

megimoo
09-16-2008, 01:52 PM
yep, he really said it.:D
What a team of 'Foot in Mouth' critters .Smoking Joe Biden the former champion of the art form and now B Hussein Obama (The Islamic candidate ) Is in hot contention for the crown !

Eyelids
09-16-2008, 01:53 PM
I have quite a few broken fingers from football and can type perfectly. I hardly think it's an excuse.

LibraryLady
09-16-2008, 02:11 PM
In certain ways, McCain was a natural Web candidate. Chairman of the Senate Telecommunications Subcommittee and regarded as the U.S. Senate's savviest technologist, McCain is an inveterate devotee of email. His nightly ritual is to read his email together with his wife, Cindy. The injuries he incurred as a Vietnam POW make it painful for McCain to type. Instead, he dictates responses that his wife types on a laptop. "She's a whiz on the keyboard, and I'm so laborious," McCain admits.

Forbes magazine may 2000

http://www.forbes.com/asap/2000/0529/053_print.html

The archives of the Bill Clinton presidential library will contain 39,999,998 e-mails by the former president’s staff and two by the man himself.

“The only two he sent,” Skip Rutherford, president of the Clinton Presidential Foundation, which is raising money for the library, said on Monday.

Bubba didn't email

patriot45
09-16-2008, 02:11 PM
I have quite a few broken fingers from football and can type perfectly. I hardly think it's an excuse.

We have a humor forum for funnies!!!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/september/blinking_eye.gif

LibraryLady
09-16-2008, 02:12 PM

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/dtharman/kerry9.jpg

LogansPapa
09-16-2008, 02:17 PM
http://www.elpasotexas.gov/kidszone/kidszone_library/homeworkhelp/images/dragoncomputerinternet.gif

BEG
09-16-2008, 02:18 PM

Are you seriously comparing your "few broken fingers from football" to McCain's injuries? By the way, I don't think he is saying it is impossible to use a keyboard, I'm sure he could hunt-and-peck one key at a time with a finger or something. I'm sure typing is painful for him so he communicates either through someone else via email or just picks up the phone and calls people.

You comparing your broken fingers to McCain's injuries though is so very weak and makes you appear ignorant.

megimoo
09-16-2008, 02:25 PM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/dtharman/kerry9.jpgWhat a great big pussie he is ,That could be EyePuss playing football !

cat714
09-16-2008, 02:28 PM
There are quite a bit of older people who do not use computers and it is a mistake for Obie to attack McCain's age and his disabilities. Older people don't like that and they are the population with the highest voter turnout.

The liberals don't have a lot on McCain so they are resorting to dirty personal attacks. This is what they tried to do with Palin and it backfired. They still take shots at her, but are now going after McCain, but that will backfire too. Look what happened when that dumbass photographer admitted to doctoring up McCain's photos to make him look bad. The people aren't going to stand for that crap.

megimoo
09-16-2008, 02:29 PM
Are you seriously comparing your "few broken fingers from football" to McCain's injuries? By the way, I don't think he is saying it is impossible to use a keyboard, I'm sure he could hunt-and-peck one key at a time with a finger or something. I'm sure typing is painful for him so he communicates either through someone else via email or just picks up the phone and calls people.

You comparing your broken fingers to McCain's injuries though is so very weak and makes you appear ignorant."makes you appear ignorant." He has few options in that regard !"

megimoo
09-16-2008, 02:41 PM
There are quite a bit of older people who do not use computers and it is a mistake for Obie to attack McCain's age and his disabilities. Older people don't like that and they are the population with the highest voter turnout.

The liberals don't have a lot on McCain so they are resorting to dirty personal attacks. This is what they tried to do with Palin and it backfired. They still take shots at her, but are now going after McCain, but that will backfire too. Look what happened when that dumbass photographer admitted to doctoring up McCain's photos to make him look bad. The people aren't going to stand for that crap.
Older, traditional, Americans are basically good people and will not stand for these dishonorable constant attacks on either Gov.Paulin of Senator Mc Cain .
Every liberal rag in the nation and Foreign as well has pulled out all of the stops to slime the Conservative candidates and that will backfire and hurt their viscous campaign .
The poll's, for whatever they are worth, have already swung away from the Kenyan candidates
appeal and will move further still until the election !

Eyelids
09-16-2008, 03:03 PM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/dtharman/kerry9.jpg

I love that picture.

No I actually snapped my ring finger pretty much in two, the rest are much more minor but I mean... its not excuse not to be able to use a computer.

Odysseus
09-16-2008, 03:09 PM
No I actually snapped my ring finger pretty much in two, the rest are much more minor but I mean... its not excuse not to be able to use a computer.

How many times were your fingers, hands and arms repeatedly broken? In addition to that, his arms were broken and he was suspended from his hands, which were bound behind his back. He cannot raise his arms above his shoulders. Perhaps if, after every game, the opposing team stepped on your fingers and crushed them for five+ years, without ever properly setting them to heal, then did the same to your arms, and also dislocated your shoulders, you'd understand the extent of McCain's injuries.

megimoo
09-16-2008, 03:26 PM
How many times were your fingers, hands and arms repeatedly broken? In addition to that, his arms were broken and he was suspended from his hands, which were bound behind his back. He cannot raise his arms above his shoulders. Perhaps if, after every game, the opposing team stepped on your fingers and crushed them for five+ years, without ever properly setting them to heal, then did the same to your arms, and also dislocated your shoulders, you'd understand the extent of McCain's injuries.
Save your breath/typing fingers.He neither knows nor cares about American Military honor or duty .
He's just a modern dumb street kid from the slums, educated beyond his needs and under exposed to the real world !

Eyelids
09-16-2008, 03:53 PM

Ahhhh see I never looked at it that way. Never stopped and wondered how often I have my hands above my head when I'm on the computer.

If these injuries are so bad that he cant use a computer, they're too debilitating for him to be president.

Odysseus
09-16-2008, 04:20 PM
Ahhhh see I never looked at it that way. Never stopped and wondered how often I have my hands above my head when I'm on the computer.
Probably not that often, since no matter how much you are pounded with facts, you refuse to surrender. I notice that you pick one aspect of Sen. McCain's injuries, while ignoring the repeatedly broken fingers and arms and the neglect that compounded his permanent impairment, in order to make a snarky comment. No problem.

If these injuries are so bad that he cant use a computer, they're too debilitating for him to be president.

You're really scraping the bottom this time. FDR wasn't exactly the picture of health, although for different reasons. Would you have said that he was unfit for office? So Obama can operate a computer. Ever heard the term, "GIGO?"

The president generally does not type his own correspondence. He has admin people for that. We elect leaders based on their ability to make difficult decisions, run large organizations and demonstrate an understanding of the problems facing the nation. Perhaps, between snarky wisecracks, you could illuminate us on just what difficult decisions Obama has ever made (I'll give you a hint: Voting "present" doesn't cut it), or what large organizations he has run (again, being a community nuisance with a staff of himself doesn't cut it either). I'll refrain from asking for Obama's take on the problems of the day, as I can only take so much hilarity at one time.

Teetop
09-16-2008, 04:25 PM

Your stupidity is too debilitating for you to even live. :D

YupItsMe
09-16-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm pretty sure Putin and Obama are already friends on Facebook. :rolleyes:

newshutr
09-16-2008, 05:06 PM

They must have been rough on the water boys at your school..

Zathras
09-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Ever heard the term, "GIGO?"

Hell, in the dictionary the definition for GIGO is "See Eyelids posts on Conservative Underground.com".