PDA

View Full Version : Newt Gingrich stiffs Utah

Rockntractor
04-10-2012, 10:13 PM
Rolly: Newt Gingrich stiffs Utah

By paul rolly

| Tribune Columnist
First Published 6 hours ago • Updated 2 hours ago

Five Republicans have filed the necessary papers and $500 fee to qualify for the June 26 Utah presidential primary election, but with Rick Santorum dropping out of the race Tuesday, only four will be on the ballot.

Or possibly three.
Newt Gingrich’s check bounced.

Utah Elections Director Mark Thomas said a designated agent for the Gingrich campaign brought the filing papers and a check for $500 in March, but the state was notified by the bank that the check had bounced. He said the office has tried to contact the Gingrich campaign through the telephone number and email provided on the application, but has not received a response.

Recently, the state sent a certified letter to the campaign, stating that if the fee isn’t paid by April 20, Gingrich will be disqualified and will not be on the ballot.
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/politics/53886982-90/utah-romney-gingrich-campaign.html.csp
Newt go home, nice try but it was over a month ago.

Articulate_Ape
04-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Newt is done, folks. The preordained match-up between Obama and Romney has officially begun. Everything between now and Romney's official nomination is but a sideshow. It's a done deal and has been for months.

Kay
04-10-2012, 10:23 PM
That's sad.
I still like Newt but he has overstayed his welcome in this primary.

Articulate_Ape
04-10-2012, 10:29 PM
That's sad.
I still like Newt but he has overstayed his welcome in this primary.

Sadly this isn't a dinner party. This is an election that will literally make or break America as a nation (Rock is right). If Romney is the guy, we had better make damned sure that conservatives maintain and increase control of the House and that we take a super-majority control of the Senate. Failing that, I think that we may be fucked.

Rockntractor
04-10-2012, 10:35 PM
Sadly this isn't a dinner party. This is an election that will literally make or break America as a nation (Rock is right). If Romney is the guy, we had better make damned sure that conservatives maintain and increase control of the House and that we take a super-majority control of the Senate. Failing that, I think that we may be fucked.

He is a populist, if we make more noise than the libs and moderates he'll listen to us if they make more noise, well you no the game.

hai
04-10-2012, 10:39 PM
I've heard of Newt Gingrich,i read something about him being for information technology.

Rockntractor
04-10-2012, 10:59 PM
I've heard of Newt Gingrich,i read something about him being for information technology.

It don't matter now, his train done left the station.

Zathras
04-10-2012, 11:24 PM

Man, with ignorance like this, I sure hope you're not voting.

hai
04-10-2012, 11:26 PM
Man, with ignorance like this, I sure hope you're not voting.

Sorry,was having a slight headache earlier today,but now it's gone.

Odysseus
04-11-2012, 12:18 AM

Is that really the extent of what you know about Gingrich?

hai
04-11-2012, 12:19 AM
Is that really the extent of what you know about Gingrich?

I know,he wants to do other stuff too like build a space colony.

Stoic
04-11-2012, 08:40 AM
Utah had it coming.

linda22003
04-11-2012, 11:25 AM
The Gingrich campaign can't cover a $500 check? Boy, when Adelson is out, he's OUT.

Rockntractor
04-11-2012, 12:05 PM
The Gingrich campaign can't cover a $500 check? Boy, when Adelson is out, he's OUT.

My thoughts exactly, if you have reached a point in the campaign this pathetic for the sake of pride you should have left long ago.
Next the campaign people will be wearing barrels with campaign posters stapled to them!

Articulate_Ape
04-11-2012, 12:08 PM
My thoughts exactly, if you have reached a point in the campaign this pathetic for the sake of pride you should have left long ago.
Next the campaign people will be wearing barrels with campaign posters stapled to them!

:rotfl:

Odysseus
04-11-2012, 04:13 PM
I know,he wants to do other stuff too like build a space colony.

You're joking, right? Seriously, if you don't know who Gingrich is, or his record, then what are you doing posting on this thread, or in this forum, or even on CU? It's like posting at a guitar forum and not knowing who Jimi Hendrix was.

You are in way over your head.

hai
04-11-2012, 05:06 PM
You're joking, right? Seriously, if you don't know who Gingrich is, or his record, then what are you doing posting on this thread, or in this forum, or even on CU? It's like posting at a guitar forum and not knowing who Jimi Hendrix was.

Well,i had a massive headache yesterday,but it's gone today. I know who Jimi Hendrix was,i play guitar.

Hawkgirl
04-11-2012, 05:39 PM

You have so much patience for these guys. I wish I had your restraint.

hai
04-11-2012, 05:43 PM
You have so much patience for these guys. I wish I had your restraint.

Huh,what? My head hurts.

Madisonian
04-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Well,i had a massive headache yesterday,but it's gone today. I know who Jimi Hendrix was,i play guitar.

Almost impressive.
Do you know who Johnny Winter, McKinley Morganfield, Django Reinhardt, Mark Farner, Robert Johnson or Jaco Pastorius are?

hai
04-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Almost impressive.
Do you know who Johnny Winter, McKinley Morganfield, Django Reinhardt, Mark Farner, Robert Johnson or Jaco Pastorius are?

I know of Robert Johnson.

Do you know who Tomas "Quorthon" Forsberg was?

Zathras
04-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Huh,what? My head hurts.

That's what happens when you try to keep up with those that are smarter than you.

m00
04-11-2012, 07:44 PM

I think he was on the covered of Wired in the '90s. Supposedly, he was is the most tech savvy member of congress when he was in office.

hai
04-11-2012, 07:46 PM
I think he was on the covered of Wired in the '90s. Supposedly, he was is the most tech savvy member of congress when he was in office.

I saw him in Wired as well.

hai
04-11-2012, 08:00 PM
That's what happens when you try to keep up with those that are smarter than you.

Dude,what?

Zathras
04-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Dude,what?

Figure it out for yourself...if you can that is.

hai
04-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Figure it out for yourself...if you can that is.

Can you explain in english what you mean?

Madisonian
04-11-2012, 08:04 PM
I know of Robert Johnson.

Do you know who Tomas "Quorthon" Forsberg was?

My first guess would be, seeing as you seem to know who he is, a guitar player in some never heard of heavy metal or death metal band.

hai
04-11-2012, 08:06 PM
My first guess would be, seeing as you seem to know who he is, a guitar player in some never heard of heavy metal or death metal band.

He was in a Black metal band.

Zeus
04-11-2012, 08:07 PM
Newts campaign was dogged from the beginning. Folks couldn't figure out why Newt with his background and political savvy did not have the Infrastructure usually associated and seen as needed to run an effective presidential bid. Him and his silly ass "I'm running a different kind of campaign".

Well he was right about that.

Zathras
04-11-2012, 08:07 PM
Can you explain in english what you mean?

I did. Too bad you're not smart enough to figure it out on your own....you'll probably get another headache trying to figure it out.

hai
04-11-2012, 08:10 PM
I did. Too bad you're not smart enough to figure it out on your own....you'll probably get another headache trying to figure it out.

I was diagnosed with PDD at a early age,which is a autism spectrum disorder that includes disorders like Aspergers.

Asperger syndrome (AS) is a developmental disorder that is characterized by: 1

limited interests or an unusual preoccupation with a particular subject to the exclusion of other activities

repetitive routines or rituals
peculiarities in speech and language, such as speaking in an overly formal manner or in a monotone, or taking figures of speech literally
socially and emotionally inappropriate behavior and the inability to interact successfully with peers
problems with non-verbal communication, including the restricted use of gestures, limited or inappropriate facial expressions, or a peculiar, stiff gaze
clumsy and uncoordinated motor movements

In school,i was even in Special Olympics and put in a special class.

Madisonian
04-11-2012, 08:33 PM
He was in a Black metal band.

Close enough.

Apache
04-11-2012, 08:37 PM
I was diagnosed with PDD at a early age,which is a autism spectrum disorder that includes disorders like Aspergers.

limited interests or an unusual preoccupation with a particular subject to the exclusion of other activities

peculiarities in speech and language, such as speaking in an overly formal manner or in a monotone, or taking figures of speech literally
socially and emotionally inappropriate behavior and the inability to interact successfully with peers
problems with non-verbal communication, including the restricted use of gestures, limited or inappropriate facial expressions, or a peculiar, stiff gaze

That explains a lot. Proves my point, and suggests that you'd be better posting HERE (http://messageboards.lego.com/en-US/default.aspx)...

Zathras
04-11-2012, 08:42 PM
I use to be a arrow,till i took a adventurer in the knee.

And Captain Non Sequitur strikes again.

What's the matter Hai? Posted something idiotic and thought you could erase it before someone noticed?

hai
04-11-2012, 08:44 PM

What's the matter Hai? Posted something idiotic and thought you could erase it before someone noticed?

disregard that

Zathras
04-11-2012, 08:46 PM
disregard that

Oh no, that's staying up.

hai
04-11-2012, 08:47 PM

Why aren't you posting in here?

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?48590-Most-overrated-guitarists&p=497540#post497540

Zathras
04-11-2012, 08:48 PM
disregard that

As for not posting in your thread? Since I have absolutely no interest in it why should I post there?

Apache
04-11-2012, 08:59 PM

Do I need to guess whom that was aimed at? :biggrin-new:

hai
04-11-2012, 09:00 PM

As for not posting in your thread? Since I have absolutely no interest in it why should I post there?

Do i know you from the Facepunch forums?

Zathras
04-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Do i know you from the Facepunch forums?

Well, since I've never been there, you figure it out.

m00
04-11-2012, 09:59 PM

It's a reference to Skyrim. Metaphorically speaking, it's not necessarily a non sequitur. It's just obscure to people who don't play games / follow internet memes.

Rockntractor
04-11-2012, 10:15 PM
It's a reference to Skyrim. Metaphorically speaking, it's not necessarily a non sequitur. It's just obscure to people who don't play games / follow internet memes.

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?48327-You-Might-Be-A-Liberal-If&p=495109#post495109

hai
04-11-2012, 10:17 PM
http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?48327-You-Might-Be-A-Liberal-If&p=495109#post495109

o.O

m00
04-11-2012, 10:18 PM

You might be a liberal if you play video games? :p

Rockntractor
04-11-2012, 10:21 PM
Only liberals play video games? Is that really what you're saying?

No M double knot, try to keep up, Zathris is an avid gamer and Hai has used this saying more than once in a thread to Zathris.

hai
04-11-2012, 10:22 PM
No M double knot, try to keep up, Zathris is an avid gamer and Hai has used this saying more than once in a thread to Zathris.

Could you ask Zathras to please remove the quote?

m00
04-11-2012, 10:25 PM

I never took Zathras for a gamer. :friendly_wink:

Rockntractor
04-11-2012, 10:26 PM

It makes no difference Hai, it has been referred to too many times in the thread, it only has m00 confused anyway.

hai
04-11-2012, 10:28 PM
It makes no difference Hai, it has been referred to too many times in the thread, it only has m00 confused anyway.

K,sorry dude.

m00
04-11-2012, 10:28 PM

Believe it or not, I don't read every thread on CU. But thank you for taking the time to explain.

Rockntractor
04-11-2012, 10:30 PM
Believe it or not, I don't read every thread on CU. But thank you for taking the time to explain.

Not a problem, enjoy what you can.

Zathras
04-11-2012, 11:07 PM

You could ask me to remove it....not gonna remove it but you could ask anyway. :evil-grin:

Zathras
04-11-2012, 11:08 PM

I know it's a reference to Skyrim and, in this case, it is a non-sequitur.

Zathras
04-11-2012, 11:12 PM
I never took Zathras for a gamer. :friendly_wink:

Oh yea, I'm a gamer. Right now I'm playing SWTOR and City of Heroes. Also a big fan of the miniature wargame Warhammer 40,000 and thinking of getting into Flames of War with the new late war book coming out for the Americans "Blood, Guts & Glory".

hai
04-11-2012, 11:12 PM
I know it's a reference to Skyrim and, in this case, it is a non-sequitur.

srry

Odysseus
04-12-2012, 05:18 PM

Good. You understand who Jimi Hendrix was. In political circles, Newt Gingrich is as well-known as Jimi Hendrix was in guitar circles. This is a political forum and thread. Not knowing who Gingrich is marks you as hopelessly ignorant about politics, and therefore, hopelessly out of touch with the subjects that we discuss here. Do you understand the words that I am typing?

Okay, you need to understand something. This forum is for discussions of political issues and those of us who post here are interested in discussing politics. Please try to understand that this is not meant maliciously, but you really do not fit in here, not because of your politics or opinions, but because you don't know enough to discuss the issues and you are not interested in them, so you are unlikely to learn anything from us. You simply repeat the same things over and over, or make observations that have nothing to do with the subject at hand. You really need to find another board, or stop posting on subjects that you don't know anything about.

hai
04-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Good. You understand who Jimi Hendrix was. In political circles, Newt Gingrich is as well-known as Jimi Hendrix was in guitar circles. This is a political forum and thread. Not knowing who Gingrich is marks you as hopelessly ignorant about politics, and therefore, hopelessly out of touch with the subjects that we discuss here. Do you understand the words that I am typing?

Okay, you need to understand something. This forum is for discussions of political issues and those of us who post here are interested in discussing politics. Please try to understand that this is not meant maliciously, but you really do not fit in here, not because of your politics or opinions, but because you don't know enough to discuss the issues and you are not interested in them, so you are unlikely to learn anything from us. You simply repeat the same things over and over, or make observations that have nothing to do with the subject at hand. You really need to find another board, or stop posting on subjects that you don't know anything about.

K,dude. Of course i'm on various forums. Like one that is a webcomic forum and such.

Apache
04-12-2012, 06:36 PM
K,dude. Of course i'm on various forums. Like one that is a webcomic forum and such.
Deleted...

Sorry guys, sometimes my temper gets ahead of my brain :cold:

hai
04-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Deleted...

Sorry guys, sometimes my temper gets ahead of my brain :cold:

Dude,what?

Articulate_Ape
04-12-2012, 07:59 PM
Dude,what?

He said you're mama's so fat that her hula skirt has to be specially made out of sugar cane.

hai
04-12-2012, 08:46 PM
He said you're mama's so fat that her hula skirt has to be specially made out of sugar cane.

Dude,my mama isn't fat.

Apache
04-12-2012, 09:16 PM
Dude,my mama isn't fat.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLljsWvj9_H-OdZjaGtBZbU5RRFAO4kchHhmdHNLF_JNzCRIXp0njW6B4LMA

Apache
04-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Dude,my mama isn't fat.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/30/Point_over_your_head.jpg

Articulate_Ape
04-12-2012, 09:52 PM
Dude,my mama isn't fat.

I didn't say she was.

Rockntractor
04-12-2012, 09:57 PM
Hai, you have been bamboozled!

Apache
04-12-2012, 10:06 PM

Did he get the plate number???

Rockntractor
04-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Did he get the plate number???

He cane look it up!

Articulate_Ape
04-12-2012, 10:10 PM
These guys from the 57th state are rubes.

hai
04-12-2012, 10:11 PM

Why did you guys trick me?

Articulate_Ape
04-12-2012, 10:12 PM

It wasn't because you are dumber than a bag of hammers, that's for sure.

Rockntractor
04-12-2012, 10:14 PM

They just sugar coated it.

hai
04-12-2012, 10:31 PM
They just sugar coated it.

My head hurts.

Odysseus
04-12-2012, 10:44 PM

Okay, there's no point talking to you. You simply don't understand what I'm trying to say, and it would be cruel to keep trying. I'm putting you on ignore.

Articulate_Ape
04-12-2012, 10:45 PM
My head hurts.

It's the hammers.

hai
04-12-2012, 10:51 PM
It's the hammers.

I was practicing two songs by Metallica earlier today.

Apache
04-12-2012, 10:52 PM
My head hurts.

Ody has the right idea... Bye-bye

hai
04-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Ody has the right idea... Bye-bye

Why,what did i do? :confused: