PDA

View Full Version : Black On Black Violence: Where's The Outrage

NJCardFan
04-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Black-on-black violence: Where's the outrage?

SANFORD, Fla. – I want justice for Trayvon Martin. But even more than that, I want an end to the slaughter of the many blacks for whom there were no mass protest demonstrations or rabid news media coverage.

Justice demands that George Zimmerman, Martin's killer, get his day in court. But it also cries out for an even greater showing of outrage for the thousands of black men and women whose murders have rarely gotten more than fleeting notice in a local newspaper. And that's a crying shame. While blacks are just 12.6% of the nation's population, they're roughly half of people murdered in this country each year. The vast majority of these killings are at the hands of other blacks. (http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2010/crime-in-the-u.s.-2010/tables/10shrtbl06.xls)

If that doesn't shock you, maybe this will: More blacks were murdered in the USA in 2009 alone than all the U.S. troops killed in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars to date.
Now that really makes me want to holler. But this painful truth hasn't produced the kind of sustained national outrage that Martin's death at the hands of a white Hispanic has generated. Why such a parsing of contempt? Maybe the people who've taken to the streets to protest Martin's killing don't care as much about the loss of other black lives because those killings don't register on the racial conflict meter. Or maybe they've been numbed by the persistence of black-on-black carnage. Link (http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/forum/story/2012-04-10/trayvon-martin-black-murder-victims/54135730/1?loc=interstitialskip)

noonwitch
04-12-2012, 08:51 AM
The black guys who killed other black guys got arrested. The outrage over Trayvon was allegedly because Zimmerman wasnt' arrested.

I'm sure that now that Zimmerman is in custody, the outrage will subside, at least until the trial begins. Revs Al and Jesse will find some other outrage to protest in the mean time.

Novaheart
04-12-2012, 09:50 AM
The black guys who killed other black guys got arrested. The outrage over Trayvon was allegedly because Zimmerman wasnt' arrested.

I'm sure that now that Zimmerman is in custody, the outrage will subside, at least until the trial begins. Revs Al and Jesse will find some other outrage to protest in the mean time.

No, the outrage was because Martin's parents thought Zimmerman should have been charged with first degree murder and they got a rabble rouser and ambulance chaser to pursue it. Benjamin Crump isn't in this for the good of society, he's in it for the money and he thinks that he is going to end up owning The Retreat At Twin Lakes.

The black guys who killed other black guys haven't all been arrested, not by a long shot. The black community is protecting those murderers and leaving the grieving black families to suffer in silence with the threat that if they break the code of silence they will experience another loss of life.

http://www.johntfloyd.com/comments/june10/unsolved-murders-houston.htm

Don't snitch.

NJCardFan
04-12-2012, 11:14 AM

This is bullshit and you know it. The shooters of Tupac Shakur and Biggie Smallz are known in their circles but I don't see any protesting over their deaths. There are thousands of black youths killed every year while their killers go uncaught but there are no calls to end this ridiculous "snitches get stitches" crap. No, the Martin case was straight up racial from jump street. These race pimps saw that a *coughcough* white man shot a black kid and they pounced. This is all this is.

NJCardFan
04-12-2012, 11:15 AM
No, the outrage was because Martin's parents thought Zimmerman should have been charged with first degree murder and they got a rabble rouser and ambulance chaser to pursue it. Benjamin Crump isn't in this for the good of society, he's in it for the money and he thinks that he is going to end up owning The Retreat At Twin Lakes.

The black guys who killed other black guys haven't all been arrested, not by a long shot. The black community is protecting those murderers and leaving the grieving black families to suffer in silence with the threat that if they break the code of silence they will experience another loss of life.

http://www.johntfloyd.com/comments/june10/unsolved-murders-houston.htm

Don't snitch.

Wow, we're actually on the same page with something?