PDA

View Full Version : Zimmerman Legal Journey

Islandgirl
04-13-2012, 12:27 AM
I am reading the Probable Cause Affidavit : http://www.foxnews.com/us/interactive/2012/04/12/state-florida-vs-george-zimmerman-affidavit-probable-cause/

Is it just me, or is this prosecuting team just following the same path of selective interpretation that we've seen in the media?

1. Affidavit states: "That evening Martin walked to a nearby 7-11 store where he purchased a can of iced tea and a bag of skittles."

a. Why even mention the can of iced tea and bag of skittles?!?!

b. His own father stated he (father) went out to dinner and did not return until after 11:00, and didn't know where Trayvon was. So who in the hell knew he went to get a bag of skittles? Is the prosecutor stating hearsay from the girlfriend as a fact?

c. I've still yet to find a "nearby" 7-11 store. The nearest 7-11 store is over 2 miles from the complex!

2. Affidavit states: "...dispatcher...realized Zimmerman was pursuing Martin, he instructed Zimmerman not to do that."

a. We've all heard the 911 tape. This contradicts the 911 tape, while following the media tune. The dispatcher did not tell him not to follow Martin. The dispatcher advised him "...we don't need you to do that."

Perhaps I am misunderstanding the prosecutor's responsibility. Are they supposed to disregard witness accounts and facts altogether when determining probable cause? I thought they were supposed to use all facts available in doing so.

Yes, Trayvon's mother identified the voice as her son, as is reported in the affidavit...however Zimmerman's family also identified the voice as that of Zimmerman. Can the prosecutor just decide which witness statements to accept and which to disregard?

And the affidavit omits any mention of the violence that Martin perpetrated against Zimmerman altogether! No mention of his wounds...no mention of the witness accounts that stated they saw Martin on top of Zimmerman.

Its as though the prosecutor based her decision of "probable cause" strictly on the story told by Martin's girlfriend, Martin's family, the media and selective witness.

Adam Wood
04-13-2012, 12:44 AM
Marcia Clark here is making a political prosecution, not a fact-based, law-based one.

The whole thing is bullshit. This should get tossed out on its ear in a simple motion hearing and our Marcia Clark wannabe should be censured for pulling this stunt. But something tells me that the Tawana Sharpton isn't going to let that happen.