PDA

View Full Version : 'Got a quickie aborsh': Comedienne Sarah Silverman

Rockntractor
04-15-2012, 10:16 AM
'Got a quickie aborsh': Comedienne Sarah Silverman supports pro-choice debate, tweeting 'before-and-after abortion' photos

By Olivia Fleming

PUBLISHED: 16:54 EST, 13 April 2012 | UPDATED: 07:08 EST, 14 April 2012

Comedienne Sarah Silverman joined America's current War on Women yesterday after she tweeted a hoax before-and-after abortion photo.

Reigniting the women's rights movement via Twitter, the 41-year-old wrote: 'Got a quickie aborsh in case R v W gets overturned.'

The controversial comment captioned two photos of Miss Silverman made to look like she was pregnant before getting an abortion - and quickly divided opinion.

While she caused a wave of support from hundreds of people voicing liberal pro-choice beliefs, she also drew criticism for her 'insensitivity' for a subject that is 'no laughing matter'.
Jokes on you: Comedienne Sarah Silverman joined America's current War on Women yesterday after she tweeted a hoax before and after abortion photo

Jokes on you: Comedienne Sarah Silverman joined America's current War on Women yesterday after she tweeted a hoax before and after abortion photo

The first image shows Silverman extremely bloated after having eaten a burrito, and the second shows her wearing the same outfit with a wash-board flat stomach after the bloating had subsided.

At the expense of the Republican party who want to take away women’s autonomy over their bodies, the comedienne paired potty humour with political commentary, using the montage to make a strong and simple point about the ongoing War on Women.
More from obnoxious bitch at link>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2129490/Got-quickie-aborsh-Comedienne-Sarah-Silverman-supports-pro-choice-debate-tweeting-abortion-photos.html

MountainMan
04-15-2012, 10:54 AM
I saw this posted on Drudge this morning. If you are pro abortion and support the abortion industrial complex, you should ask yourself after seeing her "photos" if you feel disgusted or ashamed. If not, then why not and if you do feel disgusted or ashamed then there might be hope for you yet.

Just put aside that Silverman is a disgusting Hollywood skank. What she has done has put the true face of the abortion industrial complex out there. Yes, if you feel happy about her tweet and proud she was able to kill an unborn child, you have no soul.

Odysseus
04-15-2012, 11:12 AM
What kind of person thinks that faking an abortion is comedy?

Women who have had abortions run the gamut from callously casual to traumatized, but joking about faking one is just vile. The one important thing about this is that Silverman ought never to reproduce. The pain that such a woman would inflict on a child is too horrible to contemplate.

Novaheart
04-15-2012, 12:24 PM
What kind of person thinks that faking an abortion is comedy?

Women who have had abortions run the gamut from callously casual to traumatized, but joking about faking one is just vile. The one important thing about this is that Silverman ought never to reproduce. The pain that such a woman would inflict on a child is too horrible to contemplate.

My take was that she was mocking people who think that women make the decision lightly. You know, people who think that men should force women to have tests and be consulted, just in case they are too stupid to understand what they are doing.

NJCardFan
04-15-2012, 01:19 PM
My take was that she was mocking people who think that women make the decision lightly. You know, people who think that men should force women to have tests and be consulted, just in case they are too stupid to understand what they are doing.

Uh, no. She's making a libtard political statement.

Odysseus
04-15-2012, 02:59 PM

The people who assume that a woman seeking an abortion is too stupid to understand what she is doing are the providers, who do everything that they can to keep them in the dark about fetal development and the status of the fetus. In fact, Planned Parenthood and other abortion providers already do ultrasounds in order to determine the age of the fetus and view it while performing the procedures.

Commentary (http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2012/02/21/ultrasounds-va-planned-parenthood-abortion-procedure/)
Contentions
Ultrasounds Already Part of VA Planned Parenthood Abortion Procedure
Alana Goodman | @alanagoodman 02.21.2012 - 9:20

The backlash against the new Virginia legislation requiring ultrasounds before an abortion procedure – which some have bizarrely compared to “forcible rape” – may be even more overblown than initially thought. Apparently, ultrasounds are already part of the abortion procedures at Virginia Planned Parenthoods.

The Virginia League for Planned Parenthood didn’t immediately return calls yesterday. But here’s what it said on the recording for its abortion services information hotline:

“Patients who have a surgical abortion generally come in for two appointments. At the first visit we do a health assessment, perform all the necessary lab work, and do an ultrasound. This visit generally takes about an hour. At the second visit, the procedure takes place. This visit takes about an hour as well. For out of town patients for whom it would be difficult to make two trips to our office, we’re able to schedule both the initial appointment and the procedure on the same day.

Medical abortions generally require three visits. At the first visit, we do a health assessment, perform all the necessary lab work, and do an ultrasound. This visit takes about an hour. At the second visit, the physician gives the first pill and directions for taking two more pills at home. The third visit is required during which you will have an exam and another ultrasound.”

From a health perspective, these ultrasounds are critical. They detect the exact age of the fetus, which often dictates which type of abortion procedure the woman can receive. They can also spot potential complications that could impact the procedure, like ectopic pregnancies. In clinics that don’t have access to ultrasound technology, sometimes pelvic exams can be used as a substitute. But those are arguably just as invasive as the transvaginal ultrasounds pro-choice activists are decrying.

In other words, the real reason pro-choicers oppose the law isn’t because of the “invasiveness” or “creepiness” of ultrasounds. It can’t be it. Virginia Planned Parenthood clinics already include them in its abortion procedures.

And let’s be honest. The main reason pro-lifers support the Virginia ultrasound bill isn’t out of medical necessity — not if these scans are already standard operating procedure at clinics.

This fight, like virtually all abortion law fights, is about how much of a role religion and morality should play in regulating these procedures. Pro-choice activists seem to have no problem with ultrasounds, as long as they’re done for medical reasons. But the fact that ultrasounds tend to already be part of abortions isn’t enough for pro-life activists. They want the main purpose for the scans to be promoting the “culture of life.” The Virginia law would mandate doctors to display and describe the ultrasound to the patient. And the image could end up dissuading many women from going ahead with the abortion.

While the pro-lifers have been pretty open about their motives, the pro-choicers – whose motto used to be “safe, legal and rare” – haven’t been. If they want to oppose the bill in order to keep morality out of abortion laws, that’s fine. But the rape comparisons are fundamentally dishonest and insult the intelligence of the public they’re trying to win over.

Since ultrasounds are already part of the abortion procedure, the medical necessity and intrusiveness arguments are false. The only change is that the laws that you think that Silverman was supposedly mocking require that the patient be given the opportunity to view the ultrasound. What's your objection now?

Articulate_Ape
04-15-2012, 03:12 PM
I would just like to point out that, had this not been a stunt and she had been murdered on the way to the clinic and the baby died as a result, the person that murdered her would be charged with two homicides in a great many states (including CA). This absolutely bizarre double-standard completely mystifies me and stands as an example of just how confused our society is on this issue. Some people really have to make up their minds I think.

mike128
04-15-2012, 04:42 PM
Sarah Silverman is one sick, evil b**ch! I'm sorry. But I hope there's a special place in hell reserved just for her and all the other psycopaths out there that like to kill innocent children before they're even born!

linda22003
04-15-2012, 05:31 PM
Well, most people are aware that Sarah Silverman is not a subtle or tasteful comic, and I see only one person here was dumb enough to take her seriously.

JB
04-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Well, most people are aware that Sarah Silverman is not a subtle or tasteful comic, and I see only one person here was dumb enough to take her seriously.Most people are not even aware of who she is. She's a Z-list celebrity that obvioulsy hasn't had anything written about her in a while.

JB
04-15-2012, 06:38 PM
Ohio also amended the 'heartbeat' bill two days ago. If passed, it would equate child homicide to the abortion of a fetus with a detectable heartbeat.

A fetal heartbeat can occur as early as six weeks into gestation, often before the woman realises she is pregnant.It won't be long now before science confirms what everyone already knows, that life begins at conception. Only six weeks away.

Articulate_Ape
04-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Well, most people are aware that Sarah Silverman is not a subtle or tasteful comic, and I see only one person here was dumb enough to take her seriously.

I am all about humor, both tasteful and not, so my mind is well-versed on what is satire and what is political activism. I would willing to bet your life that this was very much a political statement on Silverman's part, rather than some satirical polemic on the issue.

What I can't believe is that we are even discussing this shit given the trajectory of this republic. Deckchair anyone?

JB
04-15-2012, 07:02 PM
What I can't believe is that we are even discussing this shit given the trajectory of this republic. Deckchair anyone?It's a big messageboad AA.

Go look at some ridiculous engagement photos for a while and then start a thread about Barry's contribution to the debt.

NJCardFan
04-15-2012, 11:01 PM
And only one person who will be her apologist for mocking the slaughter of unborn children. :rolleyes:

Hawkgirl
04-15-2012, 11:23 PM
SS must need publicity badly. Shock comics aren't really comics at all imo, just pathetic attention whores imo.

Articulate_Ape
04-16-2012, 12:50 AM
It's a big messageboad AA.

Go look at some ridiculous engagement photos for a while and then start a thread about Barry's contribution to the debt.

This is the lounge? My mistake.

linda22003
04-16-2012, 08:47 AM
And only one person who will be her apologist for mocking the slaughter of unborn children. :rolleyes:

I said she's not known for her subtlety. I am neither her apologist nor her publicist. I don't pay much attention at all to Sarah Silverman, and it sounds like you should not be hanging on her every word, either.

linda22003
04-16-2012, 08:50 AM
What I can't believe is that we are even discussing this shit given the trajectory of this republic. Deckchair anyone?

What I can't believe is that the software here won't let me give gold stars to your posts unless I "pass it around" to others some more, when your posts make more sense than pretty much everyone else's put together. :rolleyes:

noonwitch
04-16-2012, 08:59 AM
Who cares what Sarah Silverman thinks, anyways? She had a show on Comedy Central that no one watched. From the ads for it, I deduced that she's the type of female comic who thinks that making poop jokes puts her on the same level with male comics, instead of with 6th grade boys.

linda22003
04-16-2012, 09:45 AM
The highest praise I can summon for Silverman is.... "at least she's not Lisa Lampinelli."

noonwitch
04-16-2012, 11:18 AM
The highest praise I can summon for Silverman is.... "at least she's not Lisa Lampinelli."

Both of them make me miss Totie Fields.

linda22003
04-16-2012, 11:44 AM
Totie could do some pretty vulgar stuff, as I recall. She cleaned it up some for the Sullivan show.

DumbAss Tanker
04-16-2012, 01:32 PM
...Just put aside that Silverman is a disgusting Hollywood skank...

I can't. That description exactly nails my opinion of her.

JB
04-16-2012, 07:05 PM
This is the lounge? My mistake.The post was a goof. I meant not every thread can be about the state of the economy or whatever it is you're griping about. There's a lot of forum to fill here.