PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching Season 2 of Game of Thrones?

noonwitch
04-17-2012, 01:28 PM
My favorite character remains Tyrion, mainly because he has the best combination of intelligence and heart. Plus, he knows how to deal with his evil sister.

Boy, the younger Baratheon brother has a good sport for a wife. He prefers her brother, and she just says "you're the king, whatever you want".

Joffrey must die. He is just plain evil.

Deadhead
04-17-2012, 01:41 PM
I am also watching and I am currently on the third book. And yes, Tyrion is my fave character too. Mostly because he's a perfect anti-hero. My second fave would have to be Varys. Excellent show. I'm extremely eager to see how they handle a certain character's demise in the next few episodes, considering some backstory was apparently filled in in the show that was left out of the book.

Zeus
04-17-2012, 03:11 PM
My favorite character remains Tyrion, mainly because he has the best combination of intelligence and heart. Plus, he knows how to deal with his evil sister.

Boy, the younger Baratheon brother has a good sport for a wife. He prefers her brother, and she just says "you're the king, whatever you want".

Joffrey must die. He is just plain evil.

I think Joffrey will die at the hands of Arya Stark, payback for beheading her dad. So he'll be around for awhile

just a WAG considering I haven't read the books but I love a righteous paybacks a bitch.

fettpett
04-17-2012, 06:24 PM
I think Joffrey will die at the hands of Arya Stark, payback for beheading her dad. So he'll be around for awhile

just a WAG considering I haven't read the books but I love a righteous paybacks a bitch.

If you want to know, i'll tell you, other wise i'll keep quite on that point.

I haven't gotten to watch the second season yet :( no TV and no internet at home right now

Artois
04-18-2012, 04:09 PM
Was a great series of books, can't wait for the next one.

I just watched the first season on Blu-Ray, pretty impressive and essentially spot on with the books for the major events. I just wish HBO would release their shows on iTunes or what not, as they air, not a year later when they're released on Blu-ray/DVD.

Zeus
04-18-2012, 05:52 PM
Was a great series of books, can't wait for the next one.

I just watched the first season on Blu-Ray, pretty impressive and essentially spot on with the books for the major events. I just wish HBO would release their shows on iTunes or what not, as they air, not a year later when they're released on Blu-ray/DVD.

Bit Torrent.

Show available within minutes after run on TV, Most of excellent quality. Minus commercials.

Artois
04-19-2012, 09:51 PM
Bit Torrent.

Show available within minutes after run on TV, Most of excellent quality. Minus commercials.

Cheers, that is an idea!

Oddly enough, I've never really downloaded tv shows or what not via bit torrent. I suppose this series might encourage me too consider it! Than again, I'm pretty impatient to catch the past season of True Blood as well!

m00
04-20-2012, 02:14 AM
Cheers, that is an idea!

Oddly enough, I've never really downloaded tv shows or what not via bit torrent. I suppose this series might encourage me too consider it! Than again, I'm pretty impatient to catch the past season of True Blood as well!

You don't want to use bit-torrent. It's trackable by copyright trolls that like to hit you with hundred million dollar lawsuits for torrenting a single episode. Find a good streaming site.

fettpett
04-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Cheers, that is an idea!

agree with m00 don't use bit-torrent, use Demonoid.me though you will need an invite :cool:

Zeus
04-20-2012, 02:27 PM
agree with m00 don't use bit-torrent, use Demonoid.me though you will need an invite :cool:

Still a torrent.

I used bit torrent in the generic sense.

BadCat
04-23-2012, 04:32 PM
Of course I'm watching it.

And that red-headed witch getting naked at the end of episode 2 was a highlight.

Artois
04-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Argh, I might just have to order HBO...