PDA

View Full Version : 15-day jail sentence over Lockport sign

RedGrouse
04-18-2012, 03:01 PM
15-day jail sentence over Lockport sign
http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/crime/15-day-jail-sentence-over-lockport-sign

In Lockport, the law dictates electronic signs can't change more than once every ten minutes. In 2009, business owner David Mongielo was first found in violation.

Novaheart
04-18-2012, 03:42 PM
15-day jail sentence over Lockport sign
http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/crime/15-day-jail-sentence-over-lockport-sign

The signs are a nuisance and I have no problem with a municipality having such a law. While the sign may be on private property it necessarily faces a public way, and that line of sight "behavior" affects public safety as well as aesthetics.

Odysseus
04-18-2012, 06:27 PM
The signs are a nuisance and I have no problem with a municipality having such a law. While the sign may be on private property it necessarily faces a public way, and that line of sight "behavior" affects public safety as well as aesthetics.

I'm glad that you're okay with putting a man in jail for violating your sense of aesthetics. Imagine if he'd worn plaid with brown shoes.

Rockntractor
04-18-2012, 06:37 PM
I'm glad that you're okay with putting a man in jail for violating your sense of aesthetics. Imagine if he'd worn plaid with brown shoes.

It wasn't long ago he thought it was alright for OWS protestors to make signs on sidewalks.

NJCardFan
04-18-2012, 06:55 PM

Yeah because we need to keep dangerous criminals like this off the street. Now all the drug dealers, murderers, rapists, and child molesters can feel safer. :rolleyes:

Apache
04-18-2012, 06:57 PM

Why are you here? In America, I mean... Everything seems to offend your sensibilities. You might be happier in China.