PDA

View Full Version : Obama Pretends He Had a Role in Stimulus Package

LibraryLady
09-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Land of Make Believe: Obama Pretends He Had a Role in Stimulus Package

This would have been a neat trick considering he was out campaigning full time.

What a lying sack of shit.

In Golden, Colo., today, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., took credit for the stimulus package that passed earlier this year.

"In January, I outlined a plan to help revive our faltering economy," Obama said, "which formed the basis for a bipartisan stimulus package that passed the Congress."

Is that true?

Democrats on Capitol Hill who support Obama say no.

Wanting Obama to win, however, none will say so on the record.

In Vienna, Ohio, this afternoon, McCain said that Obama today "claimed that the Congressional stimulus package was his idea. Thatís news to those of us in Congress who supported it. Senator Obama didnít even show up to vote."

That's true. (McCain was there, and he voted for it.)

Elspeth
09-16-2008, 09:23 PM
You expected more than lies from Obama?

cat714
09-16-2008, 09:37 PM
He's definitely smoking the crack pipe.

PoliCon
09-16-2008, 11:27 PM
what do logans pappy and blinky have to say about this?

LibraryLady
09-17-2008, 07:34 AM
Here's more of McCain's great speech:

ďNow I believe Americaís best days are ahead of us. Governor Palin and I are going to reform Wall Street. Weíre going to reform Washington. Iím going to fight for you and Iím going to lead our nation forward in the greatest periods of prosperity in its history. And letís have some straight talk. Senator Obama is not interested in the politics of hope, heís interested in his political future and thatís why heís hurling in insults and making up facts about his record.

ďToday, he claimed that the Congressional stimulus package was his idea. Thatís news to those of us in Congress who supported it. Senator Obama didnít even show up to vote. (watch Cindy's face)

ďHe talks a tough game on the financial crisis, but the facts tell a different story. Senator Obama took more money from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac than anyone but the chairman of the committee they answer to. And he put Fannie Maeís CEO, who helped create this problem in charge of finding his Vice President. Thatís not change, thatís whatís broken in Washington.

ďHe talked about siding with the people, siding with the people, just before he flew off to Hollywood for a fundraiser with Barbra Streisand and his celebrity friends. Let me tell you, my friends, there is no place Iíd rather be, than here, with the working men and women of Ohio. Iím going to fight for you and together weíre going to win in November.Ē (Sen. John McCain, Remarks At A Campaign Event, Vienna, OH, 9/16/08)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZqn2nog_S8