PDA

View Full Version : Weeping four-year-old girl accused of carrying a GUN by TSA

Rockntractor
04-24-2012, 09:26 PM
Weeping four-year-old girl accused of carrying a GUN by TSA officers after she hugged her grandmother while passing through security

By Hugo Gye

PUBLISHED: 00:11 EST, 24 April 2012 | UPDATED: 05:14 EST, 24 April 2012

Of all the many complaints about airport security and the TSA, one of the most common is that they make little distinction between plausible security threats and passengers unlikely to be doing anything wrong.

And a recent incident in Wichita, Kansas has reinforced that argument, as a four-year-old girl was apparently subjected to a humiliating ordeal after she hugged her grandmother while she was waiting in line.

The girl was accused of having a gun and declared a 'high security threat', while agents threatened to shut down the whole airport if she could not be calmed down.

When asked about the overbearing treatment the girl received, a TSA spokesman did not apologise and insisted that correct procedures had been followed.
Terror threat? Four-year-old Isabella was subjected to a full body pat-down and accused of carrying a gun in an airport

Terror threat? Four-year-old Isabella was subjected to a full body pat-down and accused of carrying a gun in an airport

Four-year-old Isabella's horrific experience in Wichita earlier this month was recounted on Facebook by her furious mother Michelle Brademeyer.

The family was in Kansas for a wedding, and was travelling home to Montana with Ms Brademeyer's mother.

Ms Brademeyer and her two children had passed through security when the grandmother was detained after triggering an alarm on the scanners.

More...

'He can't be trusted': State board fires Utah police sergeant for punching female driver in the head during traffic stop

Isabella then, according to her mother, 'excitedly ran over to give her a hug, as children often do. They made very brief contact, no longer than a few seconds.'

The young girl was immediately detained by security agents, who apparently shouted at her that she would have to be frisked too, and refused to let her mother explain what has happening.

Ms Brademeyer wrote: 'It was implied, several times, that my mother, in their brief two-second embrace, had passed a handgun to my daughter.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2134280/Weeping-year-old-girl-accused-carrying-GUN-TSA-officers-hugged-grandmother-passing-security.html#ixzz1t0l3VW20

Hawkgirl
04-24-2012, 09:56 PM
Unbelievable..I also noticed in my recent travels that they all have an unmistakable arrogance about them. They were not nice to passengers and looked at everyone, including me, with scorn. At one point, they were in a huddle and they looked like a bunch of guys with high levels of testosterone who were about to go play a game of football.

I won't be taking a flight any time soon, if I can help it.

Apache
04-24-2012, 10:08 PM
Some of these "security agents" need a good swift kick-in-the-ass, then returned to their dishwashing job at McDonalds...

Odysseus
04-25-2012, 11:24 AM
Unbelievable..I also noticed in my recent travels that they all have an unmistakable arrogance about them. They were not nice to passengers and looked at everyone, including me, with scorn. At one point, they were in a huddle and they looked like a bunch of guys with high levels of testosterone who were about to go play a game of football.

I won't be taking a flight any time soon, if I can help it.

Since I almost always use my military ID when I fly, I get pretty decent treatment from them, but that highlights another aspect of the system, which is that like most bullies, they know who can hurt their careers with a complaint, and who can't, and they treat the most vulnerable with the least courtesy.

However, I've reduced flying to line of duty stuff or when otherwise absolutely necessary. The delays and hassles from the security protocols make it miserable, especially since I know just how ineffectual they are. The massive choke points and resulting crowding creates concentrations of vulnerable people who can be targeted without ever having to pass through screenings. The airports themselves do nothing to restrict vehicles from approaching the terminals, so VBIEDs are a real threat. Airport security is a Kabuki theater of exaggerated actions that does little to safeguard the public.

NJCardFan
04-25-2012, 03:53 PM
Who is more likely to be the subject of more scrutiny at airport security points?

http://www.wtsp.com/images/640/360/2/assetpool/images/120425072104_brademeyer-6-year-old.jpg

Or

http://delhi4cats.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/muslim-berd.jpg

Odysseus
04-25-2012, 05:36 PM
Who is more likely to be the subject of more scrutiny at airport security points?

http://www.wtsp.com/images/640/360/2/assetpool/images/120425072104_brademeyer-6-year-old.jpg

Or

http://delhi4cats.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/muslim-berd.jpg

Since the four-year-old doesn't have CAIR on her speed dial, that's an obvious no-brainer.