PDA

View Full Version : Transgender Breakthrough

Rockntractor
04-24-2012, 09:29 PM
EEOC ruling that gender-identity discrimination is covered by Title VII is a ''sea change'' that opens the doors to employment protection for transgender Americans

By Chris Geidner
Published on April 23, 2012, 10:38pm | Comments

An employer who discriminates against an employee or applicant on the basis of the person's gender identity is violating the prohibition on sex discrimination contained in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, according to an opinion issued on April 20 by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The opinion, experts say, could dramatically alter the legal landscape for transgender workers across the nation.

The opinion came in a decision delivered on Monday, April 23, to lawyers for Mia Macy, a transgender woman who claims she was denied employment with the Department of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) after the agency learned of her transition. It also comes on the heels of a growing number of federal appellate and trial courts deciding that gender-identity discrimination constitutes sex discrimination, whether based on Title VII or the constitutional guarantee of equal protection of the laws.

The EEOC decision, issued without objection by the five-member, bipartisan commission, will apply to all EEOC enforcement and litigation activities at the commission and in its 53 field offices throughout the country. It also will be binding on all federal agencies and departments.

In the decision, the EEOC states, ''[T]he Commission hereby clarifies that claims of discrimination based on transgender status, also referred to as claims of discrimination based on gender identity, are cognizable under Title VII's sex discrimination prohibition ....''
Read More>http://www.metroweekly.com/news/?ak=7288

Odysseus
04-25-2012, 11:25 AM
EEOC ruling that gender-identity discrimination is covered by Title VII is a ''sea change'' that opens the doors to employment protection for transgender Americans

By Chris Geidner
Published on April 23, 2012, 10:38pm | Comments

An employer who discriminates against an employee or applicant on the basis of the person's gender identity is violating the prohibition on sex discrimination contained in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, according to an opinion issued on April 20 by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The opinion, experts say, could dramatically alter the legal landscape for transgender workers across the nation.

The opinion came in a decision delivered on Monday, April 23, to lawyers for Mia Macy, a transgender woman who claims she was denied employment with the Department of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) after the agency learned of her transition. It also comes on the heels of a growing number of federal appellate and trial courts deciding that gender-identity discrimination constitutes sex discrimination, whether based on Title VII or the constitutional guarantee of equal protection of the laws.

The EEOC decision, issued without objection by the five-member, bipartisan commission, will apply to all EEOC enforcement and litigation activities at the commission and in its 53 field offices throughout the country. It also will be binding on all federal agencies and departments.

In the decision, the EEOC states, ''[T]he Commission hereby clarifies that claims of discrimination based on transgender status, also referred to as claims of discrimination based on gender identity, are cognizable under Title VII's sex discrimination prohibition ....''
Read More>http://www.metroweekly.com/news/?ak=7288

Coming soon: Transgendered Soldiers. I give it ten years, max.

Rockntractor
04-25-2012, 11:54 AM

If Obama gets another term, next year.

noonwitch
04-25-2012, 01:04 PM
If I were a male to female trannie, one of the last places I would want to work is the ATF. There are other law enforcement agencies that would likely be a friendlier environment, even other federal agencies. I've heard that the ATF is a pretty macho bunch, and that real women aren't always welcome, nonetheless genetic men who have had surgery to appear female.

NYPD/SFPD would likely hire him.

"His countryside's burning with wolfman fairies, dressed in drag for homicide"

Bruce Springsteen, "Lost in The Flood".

Eupher
04-25-2012, 01:12 PM
No surprise at all with this "rule".

When LGBT's are celebrated in the schools, in public, in groups, and in all manner of current social gatherings for their "diversity", it stands to reason that the gubmint will "protect" them from potential employers who opt to hire a regular person instead of the fruit loop that can't figure out which chromosome they're based on.

Got it.

Novaheart
04-25-2012, 02:01 PM

I should say from the top that I think that "trans" is bullshit. I think that some gay people at an early age realize that they don't feel the same as heterosexual members of their sex, and in primitive reason conclude that if they are not a male, then they must be female (or vie versa). I expect to see the incidence of transexualism to withdraw to actual intersexed persons in the next couple of decades. I think that the surgery and hormone therapy will be banned in the US and Western Europe as unhealthy and unhelpful.

Having said that- there are in theory already transgendered persons serving in the military. I don't think that there are any transexuals, because I don't think their medical regimen (hormone therapy) allows them to be accepted. Would I be correct? On the other hand, a unit of nonmenstruating females with male upper body strength who look like showgirls could have some use in war. Can you imagine the look on Mohammed's face when Charlie's Angels leap from their jeeps and beat the crap out of the Jihad?

Zeus
04-25-2012, 03:05 PM
But the Greeks don't want no freaks.
The Greeks don't want no freaks
Just put a little smile on them rosy
cheeks,
'Cause the Greeks don't want no freaks.

Odysseus
04-25-2012, 03:13 PM
I should say from the top that I think that "trans" is bullshit. I think that some gay people at an early age realize that they don't feel the same as heterosexual members of their sex, and in primitive reason conclude that if they are not a male, then they must be female (or vie versa). I expect to see the incidence of transexualism to withdraw to actual intersexed persons in the next couple of decades. I think that the surgery and hormone therapy will be banned in the US and Western Europe as unhealthy and unhelpful.

Having said that- there are in theory already transgendered persons serving in the military. I don't think that there are any transexuals, because I don't think their medical regimen (hormone therapy) allows them to be accepted. Would I be correct? On the other hand, a unit of nonmenstruating females with male upper body strength who look like showgirls could have some use in war. Can you imagine the look on Mohammed's face when Charlie's Angels leap from their jeeps and beat the crap out of the Jihad?

If you are referring to persons who do not identify themselves according to their sexual characteristics, then no, they don't serve, at least not openly. Cross-dressing in the ranks is not permitted. Transexuals are also not permitted.

We had a unit several years ago that was sourced for deployment, and when they began filling vacancies from the IRR (Individual Ready Reserve), had a mechanic show up who had started out as a female, but was male from the waist up when she/he reported. The chain of command was thoroughly confused as to how to deal with this Soldier, even as far as how to classify him/her on the battle roster (the options were male or female, not N/A, "other", "both", "your guess is as good as mine" or "DADT"). The suggestion that we double-slot the Soldier, while amusing, was not helpful. Eventually, a discharge was processed and the Soldier was released. However, the attempt was made, and I'm sure that somewhere, that Soldier is thinking of lawyering up.

NJCardFan
04-25-2012, 04:13 PM
How does one address this in battle plans? Women do not fight in combat, right? However, a tranny is still a male according to biology but can they opt out because in their warped minds they're female? Something tells me that nova doesn't see the slippery slope here.

Rockntractor
04-26-2012, 01:00 AM
Life gets really complicated when you turn your back on the natural order of things and pretend this order does not exist. Wouldn't we be much better off excepting who and what we are and try to bring those that are confused back to sanity?