PDA

View Full Version : Occupy Wall Street: They're Back, But Does Anyone Care?

SarasotaRepub
04-30-2012, 05:27 PM
Not me... (http://www.cnbc.com/id/47233587) :lemo:

Published: Monday, 30 Apr 2012 | 2:13 PM ET

After spending 2011 near the top of the news headlines, Occupy Wall Street finds itself in a struggle to regain relevance as a grassroots protest against corporate greed and Washington corruption.

The movement hopes to regain some of its mojo Tuesday, when it stages a nationwide May Day protest and celebration that will focus on a broad agenda of causes it hopes to push.

But with neither presidential candidate paying much attention to the OWS faction and the bloody protests in Europe seemingly quelled for the time being, this is a pivotal moment for the Occupy movement either to regain its footing, or risk being dismissed as a non-factor in the national dialogue.

I guess they'll crap on more cop cars...:biggrin-new:

Morons.

Apache
04-30-2012, 06:39 PM
WHO?

Rockntractor
04-30-2012, 07:45 PM
Zimmerman was supposed to give the whole thing a shot in the arm but that failed when his African heritage was discovered.
Don't underestimate commies, they have more tricks up their sleeves and we will see the media giving them more time even if they lose money and ratings.

ABC in Georgia
04-30-2012, 08:14 PM
Don't underestimate commies, they have more tricks up their sleeves and we will see the media giving them more time even if they lose money and ratings.

Correct, Rock. Is my opinion as well.

I agree with *you* SR, re not being interested in, and even dismissing the usual ragtag army of fools, known as the "OWS."

This year however ...

I dislike the thought of these various groups being infiltrated by the more aggressive, disparate, groups of organized "useful idiots" being bussed in by the unions, etc. to create a true "disturbance" tomorrow.

There are many more dissatisfied, unemployed, angry, clueless, under 30's folks with plenty of time on their hands ... and nothing better to do than join in and feel as if they are "making a difference."

~ ABC

JB
04-30-2012, 08:22 PM
Their camp grounds from last fall are under construction now and the city has told them no over night bullshit anywhere else.

I haven't seen anything on the news about them around here so hopefully it stays that way.

Rockntractor
04-30-2012, 08:33 PM
Leave manhole covers open in areas where they are protesting and they will disappear while texting.

ABC in Georgia
04-30-2012, 08:38 PM
Leave manhole covers open in areas where they are protesting and they will disappear while texting.

:biggrin-new:

~ ABC

SarasotaRepub
04-30-2012, 09:50 PM
It should be pretty interesting tomorrow...:taser::Dissolve::dozer:

Tipsycatlover
05-01-2012, 10:09 AM
The airport workers in Los Angeles are protesting.

The same people who steal from luggage when they don't just steal all the luggage are protesting unfair treatment. The same people who get paid to smuggle drugs into the country are protesting unfair wages. The same people who have humiliated the passengers and fondled their children want more benefits.

Odysseus
05-01-2012, 01:34 PM
The airport workers in Los Angeles are protesting.

The same people who steal from luggage when they don't just steal all the luggage are protesting unfair treatment. The same people who get paid to smuggle drugs into the country are protesting unfair wages. The same people who have humiliated the passengers and fondled their children want more benefits.

We did a PCS move out of Los Angeles once. They checked our then-infant daughter for weapons and frisked our cat (which was in a carrier). Given that we were travelling under orders, and that I was active duty military, you'd think that they'd be a little less idiotic about treating us as a risk and more attuned to people who are actually inclined to engage in terrorism.

Tipsycatlover
05-02-2012, 09:07 AM
Several hundred protesters turned out to paralyze downtown Los Angeles. Organizers blamed the low turn out on May 1 being a work day and too many people were working to abide by a general strike not to work. I had advised friends visting from Europe to not plan to go anywhere as traffic would be fouled up. Traffic was fouled up, but only for a couple of hours. There was a rumor on the street that undercover police officers were distributing an extra strong strain of pot which reduced the enthusiansm of the protesters. Those who blocked traffic on Wilshire in front of the Federal Building fell asleep in the street and had to be helped off. It's just a rumor.

Total arrests in the City ended up being 15 with most of those at LAX where the thieves were protesting low pay for their job of stealing from passengers.

SarasotaRepub
05-02-2012, 09:40 AM
:lol: