PDA

View Full Version : A beating at Church and Brambleton

RedGrouse
05-02-2012, 07:36 PM
A beating at Church and Brambleton
http://hamptonroads.com.nyud.net/2012/05/beating-church-and-brambleton

Two weeks have passed since reporters Dave Forster and Marjon Rostami - friends to me and many others at the newspaper - were attacked on a Saturday night as they drove home from a show at the Attucks Theatre. They had stopped at a red light, in a crowd of at least 100 young people walking on the sidewalk. Rostami locked her car door. Someone threw a rock at her window. Forster got out to confront the rock-thrower, and that's when the beating began.

Just like a lynch mob being fanned by the Trayvon Martin case.

Elspeth
05-02-2012, 08:58 PM
A beating at Church and Brambleton
http://hamptonroads.com.nyud.net/2012/05/beating-church-and-brambleton

Just like a lynch mob being fanned by the Trayvon Martin case.

And the police in this area seem to be remiss in a big way.

First, 911 can't be reached immediately:

She called 911. A recording told her all lines were busy. She called again. Busy. On her third try, she got through and, hysterical, could scream only their location.

Second, the cops are cruel to the victims and don't even bother to chase down the suspects:

Forster and Rostami wondered if the officer who answered their call treated all crime victims the same way. When Rostami, who admits she was hysterical, tried to describe what had happened, she says the officer told her to shut up and get in the car. Both said the officer did not record any names of witnesses who stopped to help. Rostami said the officer told them the attackers were "probably juveniles anyway. What are we going to do? Find their parents and tell them?"

The officer pointed to public housing in the area and said large groups of teenagers look for trouble on the weekends. "It's what they do," he told Forster.

Third, the police classify the crime as a "simple assault":

The responding officer coded the incident as a simple assault, despite their assertions that at least 30 people had participated in the attack.

Fourth, the cop only came to rescue the victims because there were gunshots in the distance:

Police spokesman Chris Amos said officers often respond to reports of crowds fighting; sirens are usually enough to disperse the group. On that night, he said, a report of gunfire in a nearby neighborhood prompted the officer to decide getting Forster and Rostami off the street quickly made more sense than remaining at the intersection. The officer gave them his card and told them to call later to file a report.

And some of the 30 attackers posted their thoughts on Twitter:

"I feel for the white man who got beat up at the light," wrote one person.

"I don't," wrote another, indicating laughter. "(do it for trayvon martin)"

RedGrouse
05-02-2012, 09:03 PM
And the police in this area seem to be remiss in a big way.

First, 911 can't be reached immediately:

Second, the cops are cruel to the victims and don't even bother to chase down the suspects:

Third, the police classify the crime as a "simple assault":

Fourth, the cop only came to rescue the victims because there were gunshots in the distance:

And some of the 30 attackers posted their thoughts on Twitter:

That is really fucked up. :livid:

Starbuck
05-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Note to all:
I am staying in the car. With my gun.

Rule:
The gun does not leave the car.

Maybe, just maybe, this rule will keep me out of trouble. But I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Deadhead
05-02-2012, 09:37 PM
And just think, this whole thing has the potential to get a whole lot uglier. I remember being a little kid and hearing about the Rodney King riots on tv. I would not be surprised if it came to that again should Zimmerman be found not guilty

NJCardFan
05-02-2012, 10:19 PM
And just think, this whole thing has the potential to get a whole lot uglier. I remember being a little kid and hearing about the Rodney King riots on tv. I would not be surprised if it came to that again should Zimmerman be found not guilty

Well we are talking about animals and a majority of the black community is filled with animals like this. I don't care if this is a bigoted or insensitive thing to say but it's true. Please show me the last story where a gang of whites beat up anyone of color. I can name you at least 5 incidents where a white person was beat up by a gang of blacks in the last 3 months.

SaintLouieWoman
05-02-2012, 11:54 PM
Note to all:
I am staying in the car. With my gun.

Rule:
The gun does not leave the car.

Maybe, just maybe, this rule will keep me out of trouble. But I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Another rule to remember beyond not getting out of the car. Don't stop. If you're at a red light and a mob comes after you, keep those wheels rolling.

As an outside sales rep in the city of St Louis, many of my accounts were in some nasty neighborhoods. I really watched those lights and would just roll through them (made sure I didn't roll through in front of oncoming cars). it kept me safe for many years. I had made up my mind that no matter what, I wouldn't stop and wouldn't get out of the car.

I never carried a gun. It wouldn't have helped, other than maybe in the car. I sold to the feds, so could hardly have a gun with me while going through those metal detectors in the various fed buildings.

Rockntractor
05-03-2012, 12:00 AM

Were you a little kid watching the Rodney king riots in England or had you already chosen to move here?

Deadhead
05-03-2012, 12:13 AM
Were you a little kid watching the Rodney king riots in England or had you already chosen to move here?

Oh I was living in England at the time. I mean I know there's been riots over there recently, but my parents British friends were talking about how they had never seen anything like this. I don't remember it vividly, but the general consensus seemed to be split right down the middle with my parents was that either Rodney King deserved getting his ass beat or that he was denied justice and the rioting was solving nothing.

Deadhead
05-03-2012, 12:16 AM
Well we are talking about animals and a majority of the black community is filled with animals like this. I don't care if this is a bigoted or insensitive thing to say but it's true. Please show me the last story where a gang of whites beat up anyone of color. I can name you at least 5 incidents where a white person was beat up by a gang of blacks in the last 3 months.

This is one of most striking things I've noticed about America. Meaning, how hyper politicized race is here.

Novaheart
05-03-2012, 08:45 AM
This is one of most striking things I've noticed about America. Meaning, how hyper politicized race is here.

Define hyper politicized and to which country are you comparing?

In the US racial relations have generally fallen along macro-racial lines, principally white and black. The orientals were too small a group, largely isolated in California, and content to stay out of it. The Latinos are legally caucasian, but lately have identified themselves as a fifth race for militant political purposes. There seems to be some correlation between the caucasian majority in the US falling below some arbitrary figure (say 80%) and an increase in racially identified conflict. Theoretically, we could descend into tribal warfare like one sees in many other countries, presumably not the ones you consider superior.

The fact that the British press tries to play down the racial nature of crime, especially in England not a measure of reality. In reality, the crime-race stats for Florida are almost identical to that of London. While I am not walking the streets of London, I sincerely doubt that your average Anglo Saxon is unaware that 60% of the violent crime is committed by an exotic minority making up 12% of the population.

NJCardFan
05-03-2012, 04:38 PM

But is what I said untrue?

Starbuck
05-03-2012, 05:53 PM
But is what I said untrue?

If I may answer, no, I don't think it is untrue at all.

And I believe the danger everyone faces from various gangs and groups of blacks is the result of a collosal failure in the White House, which is occupied by the one man who should be an inspiration to all black people, young and old.
But he is not an inspiration. Through his action and inaction he has given tacit approval for various anti-social movements including ACORN, OWS, and Black Panther. His phone calls to selected "victims", his sympathetic comments regarding Trayvon Martin, his impromptu excoriation of the Cambridge Police Dept all have had a toll on the already marginalized black youth. Now, those young people who stopped doing homework in the 8th grade because Obama was going to make things better have reached the 12th grade. They are functionally - if not actually - illiterate, angry, and sometimes dangerous.

St Louis Women has it right: Stay in your car and keep the wheels moving.