PDA

View Full Version : I'm Asking For Help From CU

NJCardFan
05-02-2012, 10:09 PM
As you all know, the wife and I are trying to adopt a baby. Going through the state proved to be heart wrenching so we decided to go through an adoption agency. What I'm asking for is a little networking. If anyone knows of anyone who is pregnant or has a daughter who is pregnant and is thinking about giving the child up for adoption to please let me know and if arrangements haven't already been made, I can put them in contact with the organization I'm dealing with, if they'd like. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hawkgirl
05-02-2012, 10:21 PM
Good luck to you and your wife.

Rockntractor
05-02-2012, 10:22 PM
If my wife's health had been better a few years back we would have considered adopting from China.

NJCardFan
05-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Not going the international route. Plenty of American babies need adopting.

SarasotaRepub
05-02-2012, 10:34 PM
My niece is a PITA at times and I think my sis might trade her for a puppy. And they are in Jersey already!!!!
Interested??? :biggrin-new:

JUST KIDDING!!!!

Here's hoping you guys find a tax deduct...I mean kid real soon!!!:friendly_wink:

noonwitch
05-03-2012, 10:49 AM
Are you going through a church or religious-based agency? We have a good one in Michigan, Bethany Christian Services. I'm not sure if they work outside of Michigan, though. The reason church agencies are helpful is that unwed/teen mothers who want to give up their babies out of love tend to turn to the church for help more than to the state. You get kids from us who have been abused or exposed to drugs, and forcibly taken from their parents. It's a whole different thing from someone who is not ready to be a parent, but still wants to bring a healthy baby into the world.

Catholic Social Services and the Lutheran agencies have offices nationwide, but sometimes the christian charities like I mentioned, that are not tied to a specific denomination, are the ones with the best programs for the birth parents. I know that you and your wife are the ones planning to raise the child, but a program that provides good supportive services to the birth mother is a program that cares about doing adoption right.

Rebel Yell
05-03-2012, 11:48 AM
I think that's the best way to go. My niece was adopted when she was minutes old. Her biological mother lived with us for the last two months of her pregnancy.

Odysseus
05-03-2012, 11:49 AM
I have a retired SGM who has done the foreign adoption route. I'll shoot him a request for information as to any local agencies that he's used and see what comes back. Good luck.

BTW, if you'd asked me a couple of days ago, I'd have offered you my kids. :evil-grin:

NJCardFan
05-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Are you going through a church or religious-based agency? We have a good one in Michigan, Bethany Christian Services. I'm not sure if they work outside of Michigan, though. The reason church agencies are helpful is that unwed/teen mothers who want to give up their babies out of love tend to turn to the church for help more than to the state. You get kids from us who have been abused or exposed to drugs, and forcibly taken from their parents. It's a whole different thing from someone who is not ready to be a parent, but still wants to bring a healthy baby into the world.

Catholic Social Services and the Lutheran agencies have offices nationwide, but sometimes the christian charities like I mentioned, that are not tied to a specific denomination, are the ones with the best programs for the birth parents. I know that you and your wife are the ones planning to raise the child, but a program that provides good supportive services to the birth mother is a program that cares about doing adoption right.

We're dealing with a religious based organization. They actually did our home study when we were going through DYFS so this is how we learned of them. However, the process isn't free. We're looking at a $12K price tag(paid $6K already).