PDA

View Full Version : Bravo Little House Of Pancakes!

NJCardFan
05-06-2012, 11:00 PM
Wife and I are vacationing in Ocean City, MD and this morning we went to breakfast at a place called Little House of Pancakes(Pizza and Ribs). Once inside, I saw they had 4 televisions on. The channels were: The Weather Channel, ESPN, ESPN2, and....FOX NEWS! At no time did some DUmmie start ranting about Fox News being on and at no time did any officers of the law come jumping out of the bushes. In fact, didn't seem anyone paid any attention to the TV's in general. But kudos to them for having the bane of the DUmp's existence on.

Rockntractor
05-06-2012, 11:05 PM
http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/energique/vil-saut.gifhttp://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/energique/vil-saut.gifhttp://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/energique/vil-saut.gifhttp://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/energique/vil-saut.gif

NJCardFan
05-06-2012, 11:11 PM
Wouldn't this be an anti-bouncy?

Rockntractor
05-06-2012, 11:23 PM

They are celebrating bouncers!

SaintLouieWoman
05-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Last week we went to a little barbeque joint named "The Oaks". It's been in business in Sarasota for at least 30 years. It's a different place---had a big gator skin hanging on the wall, along with a stuffed bear and many various deer and antelope heads on the wall (all products of a taxidermist). These weren't the trendy fake animal heads painted goofy colors on some of the HGTV shows.

They had one television that I noticed----and it had on Fox News. We'll be going back for the good food, reasonable prices and their choice of TV stations.

Have a good time. How long will you be there?

NJCardFan
05-07-2012, 10:28 AM
Have a good time. How long will you be there?

'Till Friday. Wish it were a tad warmer though.

linda22003
05-07-2012, 10:48 AM
I prefer restaurants without televisions.

NJCardFan
05-07-2012, 11:06 AM

OK, thanks for participating. :cold:

Zeus
05-07-2012, 11:43 AM
When we went on vacation the wife hated me . I would search out truck stops or places with a few trucks in the lot or nearby. when you're on the road a lot you don't stop at places that serve crappy food. :friendly_wink:

Novaheart
05-07-2012, 03:06 PM

Amen.

The one and only time I went to the famed Hurricane in Pass A Grille, they jammed us into a dark dining room with a giant projection TV showing Wheel Of Fortune. I don't get it. Are people so used to constant noise and "entertainment" that they have to have television sets wherever they go?

Novaheart
05-07-2012, 03:11 PM
When we went on vacation the wife hated me . I would search out truck stops or places with a few trucks in the lot or nearby. when you're on the road a lot you don't stop at places that serve crappy food. :friendly_wink:

Where does she want to eat?

Retread
05-07-2012, 03:33 PM
It appears to me from personal experiences that the whole drivel runs off of the attention deprived need for constant entertainment. No one need to entertain themselves, Here, mama will get it for you.

I have no problem with multiple screens showing 3-4 different sports venues in those places which want to think of themselves as 'sports bars' or the multiple children's show in venues that cater to very young families - I do not partake at either place.

The background 'musak' phase that started when I was much younger has now gotten so overbearing as to become an automatic turning around and leaving before the greeter even gets to me. If there is a question on their face I simply place my hands over my ears and keep walking.

I love to eat out but just flat refuse to be put out by any business idea of entertaining me unless they happen to be a dinner theater.

JB
05-07-2012, 04:34 PM
I prefer restaurants without televisions.Yeah, I don't recall televisons in Burger King.

Janice
05-07-2012, 04:44 PM
I don't get it. Are people so used to constant noise and "entertainment" that they have to have television sets wherever they go?

Seems that way. Some people even have to have the background noise of TV when they go to sleep. All night. The first I noticed this is when we had company over to spend the night. Now we have a TV but its just decoration. Its not connected to anything. So we had to substitute a computer running tv stuff all night. I understand perhaps a radio running in the background but I am no fan of TV.

Its annoying to me... but some people are apparently raised this way now. What really irks me is that stupid "music" they play in the grocery and department stores. Some of it... not all of it. Some of the garbage has no soul. No class. No imagination. So why force this drivel on the rest of us? Talk about torture and abuse.

Bailey
05-07-2012, 04:47 PM
Yeah, I don't recall televisons in Burger King.

lol BURN

Bailey
05-07-2012, 04:48 PM

Both ladies in this thread dont like to watch TV when they eat, ok got it.

NJCardFan
05-07-2012, 05:20 PM
This was just a pancake house and not Le Bec-Fin. Having the news or sports news on isn't horrible(no sound on any, just closed captioning). Also, the point of the thread was to mock the DUmmies who fly into fits of rage when presented with a TV in an establishment who dares show Fox News. I do need to point out that so far my dining experiences, outside of the pancakes, has been less than inspiring so far. Even spent $90 at Phillips Seafood House and came away feeling ripped off. So far Ocean City, NJ has it all over this Ocean City.

Janice
05-07-2012, 06:03 PM
I do enjoy Fox News in the bars and restaurants. Esp if they use the closed caption feature w/sound off. :cool:

Articulate_Ape
05-08-2012, 10:39 AM

No. You didn't start it off with the obligatory "So..."

Novaheart
05-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Both ladies in this thread dont like to watch TV when they eat, ok got it.

When I am at home, I will watch TV while eating. I have control of the TV in my home and the noise level in my house. I will even watch TV while eating at home with one other person, where we can control the volume, and mute it when we want to talk to each other. There is a huge difference between that and trying to eat dinner in a room with 50 people and four television sets. As someone else noted: if you want to go to a bar and watch TV that's fine, it's part of their marketing. But a restaurant is not a bar.

My family went to dinner several times while my aunt and cousin were visiting last month. The outdoor restaurant at Pass A Grille had some jackass playing Jimmy Buffet music so loud that people were having to shout to be heard by the person across the table. Since when did the ambient noises of the beach cease to be the proper background for enjoyment there? And while we are on the subject, when you have lugged all of your stuff to the beach and set up for a nice day, do you like it when someone plops down next to you and turns on a ghetto blaster playing frantic or offensive music?

We went to dinner on the waterfront in downtown St Pete. Skipped the patio restaurant, because they had a loud obnoxious Jimmy Buffet impersonator playing. Went upstairs to the nicer place, and the music up there was unbearably loud as well. How much do you have to spend to eat in a restaurant that doesn't let teenagers decide the volume level?

Novaheart
05-08-2012, 11:04 AM
I do enjoy Fox News in the bars and restaurants. Esp if they use the closed caption feature w/sound off. :cool:

No problem with that. That's how I watch a lot of TV.