PDA

View Full Version : A letter asking for campaign contibutions for Obama came to my house yesterday....

Rebel Yell
09-17-2008, 10:54 AM
My wife grabs the mail when we get back from walking the dogs last night. She tells me there is a letter from Barrack Obama in there. I figured it was addressed to me since I had to vote in the democratic primary for our local elections. NOPE, she said it was addressed to my Grandma. Big Ma has been dead for a year next month. My wife asked me if Big Ma was a democrat. I told her she probably was since she was 87 when she died (most people that age here have been democrat most of their lives), but I know she voted for Bush both times. Of course she starts picking at me about it. I said, " Well, even if she didn't fit the bill to vote Democrat when she was alive, she damn well fits the description now."

Can I get a little help on the title before Linda90210 slaps my hand.

GrumpyOldLady
09-17-2008, 10:56 AM
Did the Obama team tell the dead person to vote for Obama?

Seems to be the 'democrats thing to do' nowadays.

Dead or alive - vote demorcat- and vote often.

linda22003
09-17-2008, 10:57 AM
Everyone seems to be having trouble with "r" today.

Rebel Yell
09-17-2008, 10:58 AM
Did the Obama team tell the dead person to vote for Obama?

Seems to be the 'democrats thing to do' nowadays.

Dead or alive - vote demorcat- and vote often.

Just asking for her support along with a minimum $35 donation. Oh yeah, and please use your own stamp, since that will save the campaign tons of money.

lacarnut
09-17-2008, 11:07 AM
Just asking for her support along with a minimum $35 donation. Oh yeah, and please use your own stamp, since that will save the campaign tons of money.

I sent their letter back with a big red zero for a donation using their own stamp.

Shannon
09-17-2008, 11:32 AM

"Fo" is a word. Just ask the Ebonics instructors. I can't defend "camr" though.

megimoo
09-17-2008, 12:41 PM
Is that your sole purpose in life, SpellCheck Nazi ?

megimoo
09-17-2008, 12:43 PM
I sent their letter back with a big red zero for a donation using their own stamp.I had one from the New York Simes that fit nicely in the bird cage . !

linda22003
09-17-2008, 12:53 PM
Is that your sole purpose in life, SpellCheck Nazi ?

Not at all, but the fact that it annoys you brightens my day. Now, what does "Simes" mean?