PDA

View Full Version : Eric Holder Invokes Trayvon Martin Case in Speech to Detroit NAACP

Gina
05-07-2012, 12:00 PM
A peek into the echo chamber. Link (http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ag-eric-holder-invokes-trayvon-martin-case-speech-detroit-naacp)

(CNSNews.com) - Despite "significant" progress in civil rights, the nation is still struggling to "overcome injustice" and "eliminate disparities," Attorney General Eric Holder told the Detroit chapter of the NAACP on Sunday.

The attorney general also mentioned Trayvon Martin by name, as he decried the violence and crime involving young people.

"This (violence) is an issue that has - rightly - garnered significant national attention in recent months, as our nation has struggled to make sense of the tragic shooting death of a Florida teenager named Trayvon Martin," Holder said. "As this case moves through the legal system, Justice Department officials will continue to communicate closely with state and local authorities to ensure that community concerns are heard, tensions are alleviated, and as with every investigation at every level appropriate actions are guided by the facts and the law."

I won't post any more of the article. I'm trying to eat lunch. bleh

SaintLouieWoman
05-07-2012, 12:15 PM
As this case moves through the legal system, Justice Department officials will continue to communicate closely with state and local authorities to ensure that community concerns are heard, tensions are alleviated, and as with every investigation at every level appropriate actions are guided by the facts and the law."

This is the part that really bothers me. Remember in the good old days when they talked about the jack booted thugs of ATF? This is the Justice Dept version. They're here to communicate/supervise/dictate to the state of Florida how this case will be handled: translated, to convict rhe "killer" of Trayvon. Evidence doesn't matter, just need to satisfy Holder and the Rev Al.

Odysseus
05-07-2012, 12:22 PM
This is the part that really bothers me. Remember in the good old days when they talked about the jack booted thugs of ATF? This is the Justice Dept version. They're here to communicate/supervise/dictate to the state of Florida how this case will be handled: translated, to convict rhe "killer" of Trayvon. Evidence doesn't matter, just need to satisfy Holder and the Rev Al.

In a court martial, this kind of activity is known as "undue command influence" and it's grounds for a mistrial.

Starbuck
05-07-2012, 12:57 PM
More tacit instructions from the Obama administration to act out and demand that this event become a crime and that crime must result in a punishment. If it does not, more instructions will follow.

Novaheart
05-07-2012, 03:13 PM
In a court martial, this kind of activity is known as "undue command influence" and it's grounds for a mistrial.

I real life it's called bullshit and mob justice. The wishes of Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin, as well as the input of Benjamin Crump, the hooker, AL Sharpton, and Jesse Jackson are irrelevant.

Madisonian
05-07-2012, 07:18 PM
With the number of black on black murders and other crime problems in the city of Detroit, leave it to a race baiter like Holder to focus on a shooting 2000 miles away.