PDA

View Full Version : State’s junk food ban could take bite out of school fundraisers

RedGrouse
05-07-2012, 05:29 PM
State’s junk food ban could take bite out of school fundraisers
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view/20220507parents_rules_half-baked_states_junk_food_ban_could_take_bite_out_of_ school_fundraisers/srvc=home&position=0

Welcome to the Nanny State. Ban bake sales because of obesity.

Madisonian
05-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Soon the schools will be teaching Beginning Bulimia and Advanced Anorexia instead of history and math.
Oh well...

Gina
05-07-2012, 07:35 PM
Unintended consequences.. Although maybe not. Just raise taxes and kids won't have to have fundraisers!

JB
05-07-2012, 09:08 PM
That website is suffering from the DT's. Anyone else see it?

JB
05-07-2012, 09:13 PM
But state officials are pushing schools to expand the ban 24/7 to include evening, weekend and community events such as banquets, door-to-door candy sales and football games.

The Departments of Public Health and Education contend clearing tables of even whole milk and white bread is necessary...The entire thing is out of control. It's just out of control. Who the hell are these people that think I need to be protected from myself? Seriously, who are they? Go away. I don't even know if they're D's or R's. Just go the hell away. Damn.

You want to protect me? Fine. Protect me from Bin Laden, Manson and Higher Taxes. The last guy is truly evil.

Odysseus
05-08-2012, 08:25 AM
Soon the schools will be teaching Beginning Bulimia and Advanced Anorexia instead of history and math.
Oh well...

They can combine it with condom studies. After they finish putting the condom on the banana, they can eat the banana and then regurgitate it. Throw in some baby birds to receive the upchuck and they can get zoology credit, too. :rolleyes:

Tipsycatlover
05-08-2012, 11:20 AM
The government is shifting the war on obesity from personal decisions to government control. People just aren't making the right decisions.

http://news.yahoo.com/obesity-fight-must-shift-personal-blame-u-panel-123320915--sector.html

The public just can't be trusted to make these decisions for themselves.

Gina
05-08-2012, 11:59 AM
They can combine it with condom studies. After they finish putting the condom on the banana, they can eat the banana and then regurgitate it. Throw in some baby birds to receive the upchuck and they can get zoology credit, too. :rolleyes:

Ewww. But that is funny. Gross, but funny!

noonwitch
05-08-2012, 12:59 PM
The people of MA can vote to get rid of the politicians who are behind this and choose not to do so.

I'm just waiting in Michigan for our republican governor to put regular pop machines back in the rest areas on the freeways. Granholm replaced all the coke/pepsi machines with machines that sold bottled water and juice, although the old coke/pepsi machines sold water, too. I guess it's good business for the gas stations at the exits, but I like the rest areas when I travel, because they always have dog walking areas.

Gina
05-08-2012, 01:15 PM
The people of MA can vote to get rid of the politicians who are behind this and choose not to do so.

I'm just waiting in Michigan for our republican governor to put regular pop machines back in the rest areas on the freeways. Granholm replaced all the coke/pepsi machines with machines that sold bottled water and juice, although the old coke/pepsi machines sold water, too. I guess it's good business for the gas stations at the exits, but I like the rest areas when I travel, because they always have dog walking areas.

Snyder is pretty moderate, I don't see him doing that.
Link (http://thepragmaticcenter.com/essay/why-liberals-should-support-michigan-governor-rick-snyder)
Lots of liberals think he's ok so that should give one pause.