PDA

View Full Version : Obama 'Soldiers ... Fighting On My Behalf'

txradioguy
05-10-2012, 05:40 AM
Declaring what everyone with a functioning brain has known all along -- namely that President Barack Obama supports same-sex marriage but hasn't had the political integrity to admit as much until now -- the commander-in-chief of the nation's armed forces told ABC News that "when I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf and yet feel constrained, even now that Don't Ask Don't Tell is gone, because they are not able to commit themselves in a marriage, at a certain point I've just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same sex couples should be able to get married." Yes, he said that our military is out there fighting on his behalf

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2012/05/09/lets-see-how-long-obamas-soldiers-fighting-my-behalf-comment-hangs-aroun#ixzz1uSRpOLXu

I swore an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States...I did not swear fealty or alligence to someone who fancies themself a wanna-be king!

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

Odysseus
05-10-2012, 08:28 AM
Narcissism becomes more obvious under stress, and running for reelection against his own record is stressful. We're going to be seeing a lot more of this as the campaign goes on. The good news is that it's also a spiral, as things go badly, he will revert to more narcissistic behavior, which will accelerate things going badly.

Bailey
05-10-2012, 08:31 AM
Narcissism becomes more obvious under stress, and running for reelection against his own record is stressful. We're going to be seeing a lot more of this as the campaign goes on. The good news is that it's also a spiral, as things go badly, he will revert to more narcissistic behavior, which will accelerate things going badly.

Its going to be fun to watch the MSM try and cover up such gaffes

Janice
05-10-2012, 10:26 AM
http://i.imgur.com/N8GA3.jpg

The megalomaniac differs from the narcissist by the fact that he wishes to be powerful rather than charming, and seeks to be feared rather than loved. To this type belong many lunatics and most of the great men of history.

- Brainyquote.com (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/b/bertrandru408843.html)

Starbuck
05-10-2012, 11:51 AM
I heard him use that phrase last night, and it just made my ears sting! On MY behalf? What an oaf!:blue:

Starbuck
05-10-2012, 11:59 AM

Good news, indeed. We conservatives can only hope for more and more of these types of incidents in the future. The media will talk about it a little for a day or two, but it will direct the vote of more and more people going forward.
These little things that we're talking about in the various threads here will end up hurting Obama a lot.

Does Obama remind you of Humphrey Bogart playing with his metal marbles as he became neurotic under stress? (Cain Mutiny)

Gina
05-10-2012, 12:00 PM
The house strikes back. Link (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05/10/house-panel-votes-to-ban-same-sex-marriages-on-us-military-bases/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fpolitics+%28Interna l+-+Politics+-+Text%29&cmpid=NL_morningHL)

WASHINGTON On the same day that President Barack Obama declared his support for same-sex marriage, the House Armed Services Committee backed measures prohibiting the practice on U.S. military bases.

The panel stepped into the gays in the military issue as it considered a sweeping, $642 billion defense bill for next year that buys new weapons, ships and aircraft, increases military pay by 1.7 percent and sets policies for the Pentagon. The committee worked through the day Wednesday and into the early morning Thursday on the legislation that adds billions of dollars to the president's budget request.

--

Conservative Republicans still angry with the end to the "don't ask, don't tell" policy on gays in the military pressed two measures.

"The president has repealed `don't ask, don't tell' and is using the military as props to promote his gay agenda," said Rep. Todd Akin, R-Mo., who is running for Senate.

SarasotaRepub
05-10-2012, 12:09 PM
This man's arrogance is something to behold...:rolleyes:

What's next? Kiss the ring???

Janice
05-10-2012, 04:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/rJjDk.jpg

Starbuck
05-10-2012, 09:24 PM
:vomit::vomit:
Man. Right after I ate.:apologetic:

Chuck58
05-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Has anyone noticed that obama is making a lot of blunders lately, both verbal and otherwise. I don't recall him making these obvious mistakes in 2008.

As for that picture......fortunately I ate a several hours ago. We were going to have dessert, but I think I'll pass.

Odysseus
05-10-2012, 10:46 PM
Has anyone noticed that obama is making a lot of blunders lately, both verbal and otherwise. I don't recall him making these obvious mistakes in 2008.

As for that picture......fortunately I ate a several hours ago. We were going to have dessert, but I think I'll pass.

I don't know that he's making more blunders, so much as that they are getting more press. But he does seem to have chewed... oops, I meant screwed the pooch a bit more lately.

Chuck58
05-11-2012, 11:10 PM
"when I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf"

Something has been bugging me about that comment, over and above the arrogance and narcissism of it. It finally hit me today. Don't know why it took so long.

My war was a long, long time ago. I remember standing, raising my hand and taking the oath and all that, but when I got to Vietnam and was assigned to my unit, it didn't take long for the reality to hit me. Simply, we weren't fighting for God, Mom, Country, Apple Pie or any of that. When things got serious as they did occasionally, we were fighting for each other. We fought to keep each other alive.

I guess no real point to this post. I just had to say that.

Rockntractor
05-11-2012, 11:18 PM

No it's a good post, it makes you think of the reality of things sometimes.

Gina
05-12-2012, 10:40 AM
"when I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf"

Something has been bugging me about that comment, over and above the arrogance and narcissism of it. It finally hit me today. Don't know why it took so long.

My war was a long, long time ago. I remember standing, raising my hand and taking the oath and all that, but when I got to Vietnam and was assigned to my unit, it didn't take long for the reality to hit me. Simply, we weren't fighting for God, Mom, Country, Apple Pie or any of that. When things got serious as they did occasionally, we were fighting for each other. We fought to keep each other alive.

My son was in Iraq and one of the most profound things he told me was "it's about looking out for the guy on your right and left."

If it was almost anyone but Obama, you could make the case that the comment was made as a citizen, "fighting for me (and my family or something) but what we know about Obama, he didn't mean it that way.