PDA

View Full Version : Romney apologizing for bullying in high school. Really?

Gina
05-10-2012, 02:44 PM
The attacks from the Washington Post, who had to dig 50 years into the past to find that Mitt Romney may have bullied a gay student, show how desperate they are to help the president win in November. (If you want to read WP's story, google it because I'm not going to post it. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/indifferent/indifferent0030.gif

This may be why:

Link (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/may_2012/65_angry_at_government_s_current_policies)

Two-out-of-three voters are fed up with the current policies of the federal government, and a majority feels neither Republicans nor Democrats know what is best for the people.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 65% of Likely U.S. Voters are at least somewhat angry at the current policies of the federal government, including 37% who are Very Angry. Thirty-one percent (31%) don’t share that anger, with 10% who are Not At All Angry.
More obfuscation to come, I'm sure.

Deadhead
05-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Well with gay rights being in the headlines I can understand the WP posting this. However, it is ultimately a non issue. Romney apologized for it and it'll probably go away soon. Besides, who here hasn't been completely shitty to somebody else before. I know I did things when I was a teenager that I wish I could take back, but those things don't accurately portray the person I am now.

In short, it's not gonna be a big deal

Rockntractor
05-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Well with gay rights being in the headlines I can understand the WP posting this. However, it is ultimately a non issue. Romney apologized for it and it'll probably go away soon. Besides, who here hasn't been completely shitty to somebody else before. I know I did things when I was a teenager that I wish I could take back, but those things don't accurately portray the person I am now.

Are you stoned?http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/noworries.gif

Janice
05-10-2012, 05:49 PM
If the media is goin to dig back 50 years into Romneys past - back to high school days ... they damn well better be prepared to go back just a few short years into Barkys school years. Namely lets see his college transcripts and what his studies were.

So yeah, keep it up MSM. This too shall back fire ... guaran damn tee it!

Janice
05-10-2012, 05:55 PM
And so Romney bullied once ...

Lets hear about Zippys marijuana and cocaine use.

And who paid for his college? Whats name(s) did he use? Hmmm?

NJCardFan
05-10-2012, 06:38 PM
Mark Levin was just talking about this and I agreed with him that the MSM didn't give a damn about Obama's behavior from 10 years ago but suddenly what Romney did in 1965 is significant. Tells you how desperate the MSM is if they have to go back that far to find transgressions. The funny thing, too, is that do you think Romney is worried about courting the gay vote? Gays, like blacks, vote overwhelmingly Democrat so what's he going to lose with this, the 10 or so gays that might actually vote for him? Grasping at straws like this is going to make this election cycle fun.

NJCardFan
05-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Oh, and isn't it funny how they're delving 47 years into Romney's past and yet they held Robert Byrd up as a hero? Guess e had a better past? Who knew.

SarasotaRepub
05-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Romney is a weakling that doesn't deserve to be POTUS.

He and and people couldn't have handled this much worse. What a moron.

This is going to be a disaster in November.

Rockntractor
05-10-2012, 06:58 PM

We can't afford to give up on him, I'll mail him a spine.

SarasotaRepub
05-10-2012, 07:10 PM

Well...ok. But you better FedEx it. :friendly_wink:

SaintLouieWoman
05-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Thanks Rock. Where's that Mike128? I think the body snatchers came and switched Mike 128 with SR. Eeeeek!!!!!

SR is in an uproar about Romney right now, saying Newt wouldn't put up with that crap. I'd love to hear how Newt would have gone for their throat. If only Newt had learned long ago to keep those pants zipped we'd probably have him as a candidate. Some guys never learn.

Chuck58
05-10-2012, 08:15 PM
I've only seen one interview with Romney on the topic. Personally, I think he did okay but the apologizing for something that happened a half century ago was a little over the top in my opinion. If it were me, I'd have shrugged and said "I was a kid. Kids do stupid things sometimes. What have you found about my opponent?"

Odysseus
05-10-2012, 10:42 PM

It's not going to be a big thing, but the Washington Post still went looking for it. Why do you think that is?

If the media is goin to dig back 50 years into Romneys past - back to high school days ... they damn well better be prepared to go back just a few short years into Barkys school years. Namely lets see his college transcripts and what his studies were.

So yeah, keep it up MSM. This too shall back fire ... guaran damn tee it!

Oh, and isn't it funny how they're delving 47 years into Romney's past and yet they held Robert Byrd up as a hero? Guess e had a better past? Who knew.

47 years ago... Wasn't Robert Byrd filibustering a Civil Rights Act or Voting Rights Act right about then? And hadn't Teddy Kennedy just driven his car off of a bridge and left a young woman to drown?

Novaheart
05-10-2012, 11:08 PM

I think this actually makes Romney more human and more viable. Finding some people from your high school who remember your transgressions or embarrassments should be easy to do to just about everyone. What should send up red flares is when someone like George Bush can run for office and there are no old "friends" who have pictures of him being bad. It's the same way with Marco Rubio. Run a Google search for Marco Rubio images and let me know if you can find any of him on the beach, shirtless, or otherwise acting like someone who grew up in Miami. He went to the University of Florida and there are no party pictures?

Rockntractor
05-10-2012, 11:12 PM
Crap, if Nova thinks this is good it is probably worse than we thought!

RedGrouse
05-10-2012, 11:32 PM
Flashback: Obama’s Sordid High School Past
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/05/10/Obama-High-School-Drugs

Does WaPo Know Obama Shoved a Little Girl?
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/05/10/Does-WaPo-Know-Obama-Shoved-a-Little-Girl

Here's Obama in his own words admitting to physically shoving a little girl named Coretta.

SaintLouieWoman
05-10-2012, 11:35 PM
I think this actually makes Romney more human and more viable. Finding some people from your high school who remember your transgressions or embarrassments should be easy to do to just about everyone. What should send up red flares is when someone like George Bush can run for office and there are no old "friends" who have pictures of him being bad. It's the same way with Marco Rubio. Run a Google search for Marco Rubio images and let me know if you can find any of him on the beach, shirtless, or otherwise acting like someone who grew up in Miami. He went to the University of Florida and there are no party pictures?

Funny that you bring up Marco Rubio or W (and I do miss him). What about the obvious, where are the people who knew Obama when? Funny that no one has any pictures, any cute little anecdotes. About the only thing we know is from his ghost written books. Talk about total control and cover up.

Chuck58
05-10-2012, 11:54 PM
Funny that you bring up Marco Rubio or W (and I do miss him). What about the obvious, where are the people who knew Obama when? Funny that no one has any pictures, any cute little anecdotes. About the only thing we know is from his ghost written books. Talk about total control and cover up.

obama doesn't exist prior to a few years ago. His Social Security card isn't his; his Selective Service card and his long form birth certificate are both fraudulent. Who is he? Is his name really barack obama? In reality, we've got someone sitting in the White House playing at being president, and we don't know who he is.

Articulate_Ape
05-10-2012, 11:59 PM
I'm sorry for bullying Rock. I am, honest injun. :smile-new:

Rockntractor
05-11-2012, 12:18 AM
I'm sorry for bullying Rock. I am, honest injun. :smile-new:

http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/tristes/trisst.gif

Articulate_Ape
05-11-2012, 12:35 AM
http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/tristes/trisst.gif

Don't cry. I might let you win next time. :smile-new:

Rockntractor
05-11-2012, 12:43 AM
Don't cry. I might let you win next time. :smile-new:

Oh yeah you always say that and then you pull the ball out at the last second and I land flat on my back!http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/dispute/colere/hysterique.gif

Articulate_Ape
05-11-2012, 12:53 AM
:D

Gina
05-11-2012, 08:08 AM
During his high school years, Obama hung out with communist radical Frank Marshall Davis; in 2007, the Los Angeles Times reported that during his high school days, “he felt the first stirrings of anger toward whites. He says he also delved into black nationalism.” Link (http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/05/10/Obama-High-School-Drugs)
Let's imagine it said this:
During his high school years, Romney hung out with communist radical Frank Marshall Davis; in 2007 the Los Angeles Times reported that during his high school days "he felt the first stirrings of anger toward blacks. He says he also delved into white nationalism."

whiskey tango foxtrot