PDA

View Full Version : My Mother

Rockntractor
05-12-2012, 10:00 PM
My Mother passed away about 6:30 this evening after a long battle with Parkinson's disease, I will miss her but the last days were not good ones.
Don't forget to visit your mothers tomorrow.

Ranger Rick
05-12-2012, 10:35 PM
I am sorry to hear that. I currently have Mom in a home I understand what you are going through. Do not feel guilty for being relieved.

SaintLouieWoman
05-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Rock, I'm so sorry to hear that your mom has passed away, but at least she will be at peace. My prayers are with you. My mom had vascular dementia (from many small strokes) and couldn't remember much of anything and couldn't comprehend what was being said to her. It's such a loss, but the only comfort I had was it was for the best, I guess.

Retread
05-12-2012, 10:56 PM
You have my deepest condolences. I lost both my Mother and a wonderful Mother-in-law at far too young ages. One to breast cancer and the other to a series of (probably) unneeded surgeries over a very short time period. I still miss them both and that was over 40 years ago.

Rockntractor
05-12-2012, 11:00 PM
I am sorry to hear that. I currently have Mom in a home I understand what you are going through. Do not feel guilty for being relieved.

She went to the care facility in January, it was no longer physically possible for her to stay home with her husband, she was unable to walk or care for herself at all and he couldn't keep up with it.
She fought the care home with everything she had and refused to adapt, when she finally realized it was permanent she gave up and quit eating.

SaintLouieWoman
05-12-2012, 11:10 PM
She went to the care facility in January, it was no longer physically possible for her to stay home with her husband, she was unable to walk or care for herself at all and he couldn't keep up with it.
She fought the care home with everything she had and refused to adapt, when she finally realized it was permanent she gave up and quit eating.

That's so sad, Rock. My mom went to an assisted living place and had her own little room. She seemed OK because she loved to play bingo and do crafts. It made it easier when she adapted most of the time----other than the times she barred the door of her room and refused to go to their beauty parlor. I used to get lots of calls at work from the place, asking me to talk my mom down. It's weird to be the parent to your parent.

God bless you and your family.

Apache
05-12-2012, 11:16 PM
Aw damn Rock, I am so sorry for your loss...

I know exactly what you are going through buddy, exactly what you are going through....

As much as I can be, I'm here for you

Prayers for you and yours right now :frown-new:

Gina
05-13-2012, 12:13 AM
Sorry for your loss, Rock. My mom passed about 11 years ago, and her last days weren't good either. Bittersweet is the word that comes to mind. Bitter for me, sweet for her.

Hawkgirl
05-13-2012, 12:56 AM
So sorry for your loss Rock. Be grateful for the time you had with her.

Odysseus
05-13-2012, 11:07 AM
Rock--

My mother died last year on May 10th. Please accept my condolences.

--Ody

Rockntractor
05-13-2012, 11:37 AM
Thanks guys, she will be missed, in many ways she has already been missed for several years because of the Parkinson's Disease and the medications that are used to treat it.
I posted in the health forum recently about the recent discoveries associated with coconut oil and how it has been found to prevent Alzheimer's and Parkinson's and has even been shown to reverse it in some cases, I found out about this to late for my mother but have started using it myself since these diseases occur in my heritage.

When you lose your mother the saying "You can never go home again." hits you with all it's meaning.

Articulate_Ape
05-13-2012, 11:38 AM
You have my condolences, Rock.

Zeus
05-13-2012, 12:44 PM
Do Not Cry

Do not cry for me, my dearÖ

My last wish is for you to
carry me with the breezes
when they swirl delicately
beneath the storms youíll
gather amidst your spirit.

As rain pelts harshly against your heart,
let the soothing trickle calm your soul.
When you feel like youíre drowning,
lay down quietly and savour
the tranquillity of memories,
allow them to cleanse your pain.

Iíll speak to you through natureís gifts
and Iíll never be far from your door.
When colourless clouds surround your mind,
Iíll paint them brightly with tones of love.
Iíll ask the birds who sing so sweetly
if I can borrow their voice
to remind you I havenít gone far.

Every leaf or feather you see floating
is me, asking you not to cry.
Each pebble you see washed upon the shore
is your reminder that I didnít die.
The rippling waters are my giggles
and the wave-tops are me saying hello.
Never forget how much I love youÖ

Iíll be here Ďtill you ask me to go.
~ Jennifer Margaret Mcphillips ~

linda22003
05-13-2012, 01:39 PM
I'm very sorry, Rock. I lost my mother after a long cancer, and it's hard to see them so ill.

namvet
05-13-2012, 09:32 PM
that's hard news rock. my condolences to you and the family. I lost my dad back in 97 but my mom, at 86 is still with us. I went and saw her today. she's in a nursing home. I took some photos of her awhile back. we had no recent ones.

ABC in Georgia
05-13-2012, 10:25 PM
When you lose your mother the saying "You can never go home again." hits you with all it's meaning.

Dear Rock ...

I am so sorry and am thinking of you and your family.

Please rest assured that she is at peace now, she wanted to leave ... the sad part is that her leaving is so difficult for those she is leaving behind.

Will include you and all who loved her in my prayers tonight, to help you all get through this difficult time.

~ ABC :love_heart:

ralph wiggum
05-13-2012, 10:34 PM
So sorry to hear the news, Rock. :(

noonwitch
05-14-2012, 09:11 AM
I'm sorry about your mom, Rock.

I spent part of the day yesterday with mine.

Bailey
05-14-2012, 09:15 AM
Im very sorry to hear about your loss, at the very least shes out of pain now :(

RobJohnson
05-21-2012, 08:09 PM
I'm reading this for the first time and you are in my prayers.

I'm so sorry.

Starbuck
05-21-2012, 10:39 PM
Real sorry, Rock.
Being a grown up child is real hard sometimes, and this is part of the weight we must bear. The only alternative would be to ask her to suffer through losing you, and I know you would not want that.

Rockntractor
05-21-2012, 10:52 PM
Real sorry, Rock.
Being a grown up child is real hard sometimes, and this is part of the weight we must bear. The only alternative would be to ask her to suffer through losing you, and I know you would not want that.

We had the funeral last Wednesday and she was buried Friday, I don't like the way time passes but their is nothing to be done about it, we're all just along for the ride.
I never will get used to losing people, I don't take it well.

Gina
05-22-2012, 03:31 AM

There's still times when I want to call to tell her something, then reality sets in. It does get easier as time passes of course, just keep your memories as fresh as you can.

RobJohnson
05-22-2012, 01:31 PM
We had the funeral last Wednesday and she was buried Friday, I don't like the way time passes but their is nothing to be done about it, we're all just along for the ride.
I never will get used to losing people, I don't take it well.

I don't take it well either. Last month I lost one of my best friends that lives in IL, he was 58.

I take care of my mom, it's not always easy, but is also priceless. After 18 months she finally has enough energy to go to the grocery store. There were some mornings when I had a hard time waking her up before I left for work...my heart kicked into full gear.

NJCardFan
05-23-2012, 01:17 AM
Rock, I just saw this. My condolences to you and your family.

Rockntractor
05-23-2012, 01:36 AM
Rock, I just saw this. My condolences to you and your family.

Thanks NJ.

AmPat
05-24-2012, 10:08 AM
Sorry Rock. I lost my mom in August. Tough thing to bear but she was suffering. I was sad but also glad her suffering ended. :blue:

Bailey
05-24-2012, 10:31 AM
There's still times when I want to call to tell her something, then reality sets in. It does get easier as time passes of course, just keep your memories as fresh as you can.

I lost my Mom over 3 years ago and I miss her everyday

Zeus
05-24-2012, 11:18 AM

My Mother passed in '98 and my father in 2003. I still had their phone number on speed dial 1 up until about a year ago.

"I hear dead people" is a phrase from a Bruce Willis movie but at times I recall certain phrases spoken by passed family members with such clarity it's as if they are speaking to me in the present time.

My mom " I know it irritates you but all my children,should they live to be a hundred, will still be my babies" .yes it did irritate me at the time but now brings smile to my face.

My Dad "I can't live your life for you". Usually spoken after a talk looking for advise.
Second oldest brother "well kiddo shit happens,did you get any one you". Usually spoken after relaying a story about some incident that occurred.
Third oldest brother " Want me should come down there and kick your ass". Usually spoken after seeking input on a subject in which he felt I needed to suck it up and carry on.

AmPat
05-24-2012, 05:18 PM
My Mother passed in '98 and my father in 2003. I still had their phone number on speed dial 1 up until about a year ago.

"I hear dead people" is a phrase from a Bruce Willis movie but at times I recall certain phrases spoken by passed family members with such clarity it's as if they are speaking to me in the present time.

My mom " I know it irritates you but all my children,should they live to be a hundred, will still be my babies" .yes it did irritate me at the time but now brings smile to my face.

My Dad "I can't live your life for you". Usually spoken after a talk looking for advise.
Second oldest brother "well kiddo shit happens,did you get any one you". Usually spoken after relaying a story about some incident that occurred.
Third oldest brother " Want me should come down there and kick your ass". Usually spoken after seeking input on a subject in which he felt I needed to suck it up and carry on.
Sounds as though I would like to get to know your brothers.