PDA

View Full Version : 0bamas war on drugs

Janice
05-23-2012, 12:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE3FuYaYaIQ

A Report From Obama’s “Humane” Drug War: “My son screamed for his mother for what seemed like an eternity”

At 5:30 a.m. on May 10, armed men broke into the bedroom of Kirk Kyle Farrar’s 12 year-old daughter and shook her awake. The men led her downstairs at gunpoint and forced her to lie on the floor next to her mother and father, with her hands behind her head. Another armed man took Farrar’s two-year-old son from his crib, and would not let his parents hold him. “My son screamed for his mother for what seemed like an eternity,” Farrar wrote in an email to friends, obtained by Reason. “I will never forget the hopeless feeling of not being able to comfort my son or daughter.”

The armed men who broke into Farrar’s home were officers with the Meridian, Idaho, Police Department and the Drug Enforcement Administration. They were executing a federal warrant for Farrar’s arrest for the crime of selling bongs.

Farrar’s wasn’t the only family traumatized that morning. Agents from the Drug Enforcement Administration, the U.S. Marshals Service, the Idaho National Guard, and four Idaho police departments raided the homes of 13 other headshop owners and employees on May 10. All of the headshops had their inventory seized. One shop lost more than $80,000 worth of merchandise (bongs and pipes marketed as “tobacco water pipes”). Another headshop owner had his and and his employees' vehicles seized. >>>

He also notes that his cousin, "[who] has never previously committed a crime and has absolutely no criminal record," has been charged with "with 4 Federal felony charges stemming from selling tobacco products." >>>

Reason spoke to one headshop owner. At his attorney’s behest, this owner declined to go on the record, but did say that local police had been aware of the store’s existence and sales of glass pipes for years, but had never threatened charges or discouraged the business from operating. The owner believes that the raids came at the behest of federal law enforcement officials.

Reason.com (http://reason.com/blog/2012/05/20/a-report-from-obamas-humane-drug-war-my)

----------------------------------------------

Great. Meanwhile this regime provides weapons to the drug cartels south of the border.

Articulate_Ape
05-23-2012, 01:00 AM
You can't lay this one on Obama, sorry. This is a bipartisan, equal opportunity fail that has been going on too long. It's retarded.

Rockntractor
05-23-2012, 01:40 AM
You can't lay this one on Obama, sorry. This is a bipartisan, equal opportunity fail that has been going on too long. It's retarded.

He is the only one who bragged openly in his book about using several different drugs and also professed that they should be legal.

RobJohnson
05-23-2012, 02:22 AM
He is the only one who bragged openly in his book about using several different drugs and also professed that they should be legal.

I don't care what anyone has done in their past. It's the future that scares me!

Janice
05-23-2012, 10:57 AM
I know this stupid thing (drug 'war') has gone on over several administrations. But I think the 'fast and furious' with Mexican drug lords at the expense of our border control agents and private citizens is a fairly new part of the equation.

This regime magnifies the level of corruption everything it touches to a level never conceived of before.

Rockntractor
05-23-2012, 11:04 AM
I don't care what anyone has done in their past. It's the future that scares me!

Not my point at all, it's the hypocrisy, drug laws control all people and justify deep intrusions into everyone nonuser and user alike, when he discovered this he liked it and wasn't about to change it.

Lanie
05-24-2012, 05:41 PM
You know, I think it's Switzerland where drugs are completely legal. Those selling the drugs get taxed like anybody else. Tax money there is used to help people out with rehab. People feel more willing to come forward and admit they have a drug problem because they don't fear jail time. Best of all, no drug wars that I'm aware of. I think this is the answer.

SaintLouieWoman
05-24-2012, 06:20 PM
You know, I think it's Switzerland where drugs are completely legal. Those selling the drugs get taxed like anybody else. Tax money there is used to help people out with rehab. People feel more willing to come forward and admit they have a drug problem because they don't fear jail time. Best of all, no drug wars that I'm aware of. I think this is the answer.
I think it's the Netherlands, not Switzerland. Weird, was at the physical therapy gym today, sitting next to a pharmacist from the Netherlands. She was talking about how horrible it was there, with the drugs legalized. She said that too many people were getting addicted.

She said "foreigners" come to their country for the drugs. Then they usually dump the stuff in the trash cans at the airports when leaving the Netherlands. She said people who are addicted usually take the stuff from the trash.

Do you think there's a reason why all that tax money has to be used for rehab? Could it be they're ADDICTED?

As far as the little kids who were crying in the article, maybe their parents ought to realize that selling drug paraphanalia just might get them in trouble. I'm sure there are bunches of other poor little kids in homes that are involved with drug busts. That responsibility is solely on the shoulders of those parents who choose to do the illegal activities.

Madisonian
05-24-2012, 07:31 PM
I think it's the Netherlands, not Switzerland. Weird, was at the physical therapy gym today, sitting next to a pharmacist from the Netherlands. She was talking about how horrible it was there, with the drugs legalized. She said that too many people were getting addicted.

She said "foreigners" come to their country for the drugs. Then they usually dump the stuff in the trash cans at the airports when leaving the Netherlands. She said people who are addicted usually take the stuff from the trash.

Do you think there's a reason why all that tax money has to be used for rehab? Could it be they're ADDICTED?

As far as the little kids who were crying in the article, maybe their parents ought to realize that selling drug paraphanalia just might get them in trouble. I'm sure there are bunches of other poor little kids in homes that are involved with drug busts. That responsibility is solely on the shoulders of those parents who choose to do the illegal activities.

The problem is that these crying kids have also lived in homes where the people were completely innocent of anything and the local cops or DEA got a bad tip or fucked up on the address.

http://www.rightthisminute.com/video/fbi-uses-chainsaw-drug-bust-wrong-house

And if they bust down your door by mistake, hope you are not too attached to your dogs...

http://www.zootoo.com/petnews/cops-bust-wrong-house-kill-dog-164

ThinkingBig
05-24-2012, 09:12 PM

Agreed, federal law enforcement has to justify their jobs and budget by showing some sort of "results".

Sounds like local police considered the shops a low priority.

Articulate_Ape
05-25-2012, 03:24 PM
I know this stupid thing (drug 'war') has gone on over several administrations. But I think the 'fast and furious' with Mexican drug lords at the expense of our border control agents and private citizens is a fairly new part of the equation.

This regime magnifies the level of corruption everything it touches to a level never conceived of before.

The illegality of drugs is the life blood of the drug lords.