PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palinís Yahoo account hijacked, e-mails posted online

Fergus
09-17-2008, 07:05 PM
Okay, let me try to understand this.

It's not okay for the Federal Government to monitor email from known terrorists but it's quite okay to hack and steal personal information from an elective official, namely Gov. Palin.

Here's the link: http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x3495266

Spotbird, actually posts screencaps of the Governor's personal Yahoo! account. Post number 37.

BlueKansan (19 posts) Wed Sep-17-08 04:01 PM
Response to Original message
50. HYPOCRITES!
How sleazy to high five each other because Palin's email account was hacked. It's a crime, an invasion of privacy, no matter what you think of her. If someone had done this to Obama, you would all be having a cow. IT IS WRONG, NO MATTER WHO IT WAS DONE TO. We're supposed to be better than that.

Of course Javaman is right there with the perfect DUmmy comeback:

Javaman (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-17-08 04:17 PM
Response to Reply #50
59. enjoy your stay, it should be very very short.
freep.

I find it outrageous, (but not surprising), that a DUmmy doesn't see the irony here. Why the hell is it okay when the victim is a Republican?

How bizarre.

newshutr
09-17-2008, 07:12 PM
Paging the Secret Service in 3...2...1

Eyelids
09-17-2008, 07:39 PM
What kind of idiot uses a Yahoo! account to conduct state business?

Zathras
09-17-2008, 07:47 PM

What kind of idiot can't tell public from private?

Fergus
09-17-2008, 07:52 PM

Typically you miss the point which is twofold.

1.) Governor Palin's rights have been violated.
2.) DUmmy's think thats okay.

Eyelids
09-17-2008, 08:05 PM
She's basically asking for it to get hacked on Yahoo!

NonConformist
09-17-2008, 08:07 PM

Typical leftist drivel! I bet you'd sing a 'nother tune had it been Obamies!

hoplophobe
09-17-2008, 08:08 PM
The DUmmies now think it is a Rovian plot to garner sympathy for Palin. :rolleyes:

Zathras
09-17-2008, 08:25 PM
Typical leftist drivel! I bet you'd sing a 'nother tune had it been Obamies!

True. To Blinky, anything that happens to a Republican/Conservative is good, but if the exact same thing happens to a Dem/Lib it's bad.

KingOfTorts
09-17-2008, 08:35 PM
The hackers committed a federal offense. The DUmp is pushing its luck by posting the images. Better get those Ninja lawyers ready...

Eyelids
09-17-2008, 08:36 PM
The hackers committed a federal offense. The DUmp is pushing its luck by posting the images. Better get those Ninja lawyers ready...

Its not illegal to post the images, just to hack the account.

newshutr
09-17-2008, 08:40 PM

Oh, how dumb are you?

Lager
09-17-2008, 08:49 PM
Message to DU:

Homies, you had this election in the bag. Economy doing poorly, unfavorable war, unpopular President with two consecutive terms,
It's going to be you guys, and folks on the far left like you, who loses this for him.
You're creepy, rage induced actions, especially regarding Palin are turning people off.
Remember this when you're crying and threatening to leave the U.S. in November.

Lager
09-17-2008, 09:10 PM
Bloody idiots on DU even posted her contact list,

Skinner, you give Obama that money yet? I'd love to see a headline about him accepting money from the site that posted Palin's yahoo contact list.

Gingersnap
09-17-2008, 09:21 PM
There are two things wrong with this situation: hackers broke open a private account and posted private material and the owner of the account didn't anticipate this development.

They are both wrong but the hackers broke the law.

This is akin to walking naked down a dark, urban street in front some bars at closing time while having $20 buck bills stuck to your fancy parts. That's not a crime and anybody taking advantage of that is criminal but it's still stupid.

Constitutionally Speaking
09-17-2008, 09:24 PM

Yep, and girls are basically asking to get raped, right???? :rolleyes::mad:

Sonnabend
09-18-2008, 05:19 AM

Accessory after the fact....

movie buff
09-18-2008, 09:24 AM
Bloody idiots on DU even posted her contact list,

Skinner, you give Obama that money yet? I'd love to see a headline about him accepting money from the site that posted Palin's yahoo contact list.

I doubt he'd accept it. Obama seems to be becoming more selective about whose support he accepts. For instance, I heard on the radio yesterday that his campaign basically said "Thanks but no thanks" to Lindsay Lohan's efforts to garner youth support for him.

Dan D. Doty
09-18-2008, 10:17 AM
I love how every time DU does something stupid, or mean ( or both), it always turns into a " Rovian Trick ".

How immature are that they can't live up to their responibility for any of their actions, nor can they live by the standards they set for others.

And this is the bunch who wants to run other people's lives because they think they are " better " then other Americans.

The dark storm is almost here , kids; keep your powder dry.

jinxmchue
09-18-2008, 10:28 AM

You are fucking dumb as shit. Here's more that could be justified with your idiocy:

"It's not illegal to sell stolen goods..."

"It's not illegal to hand out illegal narcotics..."

"It's not illegal to be a fucking halfwit jackass like me..."

jinxmchue
09-18-2008, 10:30 AM

And you're always basically asking for your sorry, dumb as fuck ass to be handed to you time and time again. Seriously, dickhead, are you ever the least bit embarrassed by your constant displays of teh stupid? You are a fucking embarrassment to your political party, which is an embarrassment unto itself.

biccat
09-18-2008, 10:43 AM
Yes it is. Publication of private material is a tort, and in many jurisdictions, a crime.

If any of that material is marked "secret" or "classified" then it turns into a bigger problem. Publishing confidential material is usually a felony.

movie buff
09-18-2008, 12:13 PM
I love how every time DU does something stupid, or mean ( or both), it always turns into a " Rovian Trick ".

How immature are that they can't live up to their responibility for any of their actions, nor can they live by the standards they set for others.

And this is the bunch who wants to run other people's lives because they think they are " better " then other Americans.

The dark storm is almost here , kids; keep your powder dry.

Ultra- libs in general tend t be greatly opposed to having to take personal responsibility for their actions.
That's why they tend to be big fans of abortion, which enables women to avoid taking responsibility for getting pregnant.
That's why the anarchist scumbags who use political protests to start riots and turn cities into warzones (Usually using euphemistic terms like 'Direct action' to try and hide their true intent) always wear bandanas or other types of masks over their faces, so they won't stand as great a chance of getting arrested and having to take personal responsibility for the people they hurt or the property they destroyed.

Shakespeare
09-18-2008, 08:49 PM
I had to stop reading that cluster freak of delusion after they started claiming it's all a Republican plot...

MstrBlue
09-18-2008, 10:12 PM

... perhaps a person that gives more than lip-service to their profession, and actually CARES about what is going on whether she is in her official offices or on the road!

To simplify... It may not be possible to access her .gov email box while out of the office. By relegating some email traffic to an accessible email handler, she can conduct the business she was elected to do!

And even though Yahoo may be freely accessible by all, she does have the RIGHT to privacy. I predict that Yahoo is going to take a big hit on this one.