PDA

View Full Version : NYC Mayor Mike Bloomberg is a Total Asshole!

mike128
06-01-2012, 05:31 AM
It's already bad enough tht NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg is fully pro-abortion, and fully supports gay marriage. But NOW, he wants to tell NYC residents that he is the dictator who determines how much soda a person can consume in a NYC restaurant!

If Bloomjerk gets his way, then NYC restaurants will no longer be able to serve sodas greater than 16oz.

I have personally worked for Bloomberg LP for 7 weeks, and I couldn't STAND it! I was expected to work 10+ hour days at that fucking warehouse, and was only paid for 8 hours. Here's the trick: They hired me as "management" to get around the labor laws for overtime. That's also what they did with everyone else.

There was one fringe benefit at Bloomberg, however. You could get all the food that you wanted for free. But I did the math, and for all the food that I ate while I was kissing Mike Bloomberg's ass, I would rather have been home relaxing with my wife.

Anyway, to get back to the point of this thread, Mike Bloomberg has NO RIGHT to dictate to ANYONE how much soda a consumer can consume. I FULLY agreed with Bloomberg's smoking bans, because that affects other people. But SODA affects NOBODY, but the person who drinks it.

RobJohnson
06-01-2012, 06:43 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/c8.0.403.403/p403x403/546596_10150927115276178_797843776_n.jpg

noonwitch
06-01-2012, 08:35 AM
Obviously, you didn't have a union when you worked for Bloomberg. Management employees don't/can't unionize. I'm sure that played a role in that policy.

He was on The Today Show getting grilled by Matt Lauer about the soft drinks thing. Matt asked him why, if he was so health-concerned, is NYC celebrating Donut Day today? Bloomberg explained something about WWI and all, but Lauer was not having it. Bloomberg's argument is that he wants to encourage people to consume the drinks in moderation.

It really doesn't matter to me, as long as I can still get Diet Coke.

AmPat
06-01-2012, 11:24 AM
Obviously, you didn't have a union when you worked for Bloomberg. Management employees don't/can't unionize. I'm sure that played a role in that policy.

He was on The Today Show getting grilled by Matt Lauer about the soft drinks thing. Matt asked him why, if he was so health-concerned, is NYC celebrating Donut Day today? Bloomberg explained something about WWI and all, but Lauer was not having it. Bloomberg's argument is that he wants to encourage people to consume the drinks in moderation.

It really doesn't matter to me, as long as I can still get Diet Coke.
You're not one of those overweight types that order a 1/4 pounder, bacon deluxe, with fries and a hot apple pie, super-sized with a DIET COKE are you???
:evil-grin:

TVDOC
06-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Well......you know how totalitarian liberalism works......

To borrow a concept:

.......First they came for the smokers, but I wasn't a smoker, so I didn't object.....

.......Next they came for the salt, but I don't use much salt, so I didn't object......

.......Next they came for the millionares, but I wasn't a millionare so I didn't object......

.......Next they came for the users of sweetened soft drinks, but I drink diet, so I didn't object.......

.......Finally they came for me.....and there was no one left to object........

MORAL: Be cautious of taking away other's freedoms, regardless of how onerous you think they may be, because sooner or later they wil get around to taking yours.

doc

AmPat
06-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Well......you know how totalitarian liberalism works......

To borrow a concept:

.......First they came for the smokers, but I wasn't a smoker, so I didn't object.....

.......Next they came for the salt, but I don't use much salt, so I didn't object......

.......Next they came for the millionares, but I wasn't a millionare so I didn't object......

.......Next they came for the users of sweetened soft drinks, but I drink diet, so I didn't object.......

.......Finally they came for me.....and there was no one left to object........

MORAL: Be cautious of taking away other's freedoms, regardless of how onerous you think they may be, because sooner or later they wil get around to taking yours.

docA little of this and a slice of that, until there is nothing left to loot.

noonwitch
06-01-2012, 01:21 PM
You're not one of those overweight types that order a 1/4 pounder, bacon deluxe, with fries and a hot apple pie, super-sized with a DIET COKE are you???
:evil-grin:

I'm not so overweight anymore, I never supersize, and I never order dessert at a fast food restaurant. Although I don't get the bacon burgers at BK, every once in a while I do get one at Applebees, which is probably fattier and more unhealthy than the ones at BK. Teenagers in foster care like it when I take them to Applebees, and sometimes the Santa Fe Chicken Salad is not what I want.

I've been drinking diet pop for so long that regular pop doesn't taste right to me anymore.

RobJohnson
06-01-2012, 01:35 PM
^ She said "pop"

:biggrin-new:

I used to until I left the Midwest.

RobJohnson
06-01-2012, 01:37 PM
I think New York was one of the first places to require cooking oils to be changed in resturants a few years back....

AmPat
06-01-2012, 01:44 PM
I'm not so overweight anymore, I never supersize, and I never order dessert at a fast food restaurant. Although I don't get the bacon burgers at BK, every once in a while I do get one at Applebees, which is probably fattier and more unhealthy than the ones at BK. Teenagers in foster care like it when I take them to Applebees, and sometimes the Santa Fe Chicken Salad is not what I want.

I've been drinking diet pop for so long that regular pop doesn't taste right to me anymore.
Nooner, I was using you as a foil for those that do. I never thought you were one of "those," although I have actually witnessed these orders and chuckled.

I will never refer to soft drinks as "pop." In the south, we call all of them "coke." The conversation usually goes like this: Want a coke?
Yeah.
What kind?

Sorry for the misconception. Now go grab a fatburger and enjoy!:cool:

Zathras
06-01-2012, 02:15 PM
It's already bad enough tht NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg is fully pro-abortion, and fully supports gay marriage. But NOW, he wants to tell NYC residents that he is the dictator who determines how much soda a person can consume in a NYC restaurant!

If Bloomjerk gets his way, then NYC restaurants will no longer be able to serve sodas greater than 16oz.

I have personally worked for Bloomberg LP for 7 weeks, and I couldn't STAND it! I was expected to work 10+ hour days at that fucking warehouse, and was only paid for 8 hours. Here's the trick: They hired me as "management" to get around the labor laws for overtime. That's also what they did with everyone else.

There was one fringe benefit at Bloomberg, however. You could get all the food that you wanted for free. But I did the math, and for all the food that I ate while I was kissing Mike Bloomberg's ass, I would rather have been home relaxing with my wife.

Anyway, to get back to the point of this thread, Mike Bloomberg has NO RIGHT to dictate to ANYONE how much soda a consumer can consume. I FULLY agreed with Bloomberg's smoking bans, because that affects other people. But SODA affects NOBODY, but the person who drinks it.

Question for you DUmbass. Is there any reason, other than your grossly overinflated ego, that this rant couldn't have been added to the thread that was already started?

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?49610-NYC-plans-to-ban-sales-of-sugary-drinks-over-16-ounces

Or is it because you're an egomaniacle little turd of a man that you just had to have a thread to all your own?

ralph wiggum
06-01-2012, 04:29 PM
^ She said "pop"

:biggrin-new:

I used to until I left the Midwest.

That's why we love noonwitch! :p

Gina
06-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Yep it's pop! You can order 2 or 3 16 oz beverages they just want to 'make a point'. :rolleyes:
I drink diet Squirt or diet Vernors, but you always hear diet pop is worse for you than regular because the artificial sweetners cause cancer. Phooey! :biggrin-new:

ThinkingBig
06-03-2012, 11:25 PM
It's already bad enough tht NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg is fully pro-abortion, and fully supports gay marriage.

So do most people in NYC.

Have you ever been to the village?

But NOW, he wants to tell NYC residents that he is the dictator who determines how much soda a person can consume in a NYC restaurant!

I tell them no ice and I still can't get more than 16 oz. in those little bar soda glasses.

This proposal is pretty stupid. But the alternative, turning away obese patients at public hospitals, that would be a PR nightmare, not to mention the logistics of hauling all those fat dead carcasses off the street.

We could run PSA's explaining that a diabetic comma is actually a pretty peaceful way to go. The fat family can all come say good-bye, then pull the plug.

It's a dumb idea. But fat people drive up the price of health care. Us healthy people should not have to foot the bill for smokers and porkers.

Every great mayor has some dumb ideas, they can't all be gems. Bloomberg is one of the most popular Mayors in the history of the city.

Keep in mind, Mitt Romney is essentially Mike Bloomberg--a super-wealthy moderate republican. If you think Mitt really cares about abortion or same-sex marriage, I got a bridge that connects Manhattan to Brooklyn I wanna sell ya.

Gina
06-05-2012, 04:31 AM
This proposal is pretty stupid. But the alternative, turning away obese patients at public hospitals, that would be a PR nightmare, not to mention the logistics of hauling all those fat dead carcasses off the street.

This is the dumbest thing you've posted yet. The alternative to the proposal? You are not to be taken seriously.

Plan to Reduce Pot Arrests (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303918204577446822711597352.html/?mod=e2tw)

Mayor Michael Bloomberg and New York City law-enforcement officials on Monday threw their support behind Gov. Andrew Cuomo's effort to decriminalize the possession of small amounts of marijuana in public view—a move proponents said would reduce the number of young minority men arrested.

Mr. Cuomo's proposal would still allow people to be arrested if they are smoking marijuana in public but not for simply displaying less than 25 grams.
Well that's dumb. What are people who get the munchies supposed to do?

noonwitch
06-06-2012, 03:35 PM
This is the dumbest thing you've posted yet. The alternative to the proposal? You are not to be taken seriously.

Plan to Reduce Pot Arrests (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303918204577446822711597352.html/?mod=e2tw)

Well that's dumb. What are people who get the munchies supposed to do?

They are going to have terrible cotton mouth, without a 32 oz beverage to drink.

Gina
06-06-2012, 04:03 PM
They are going to have terrible cotton mouth, without a 32 oz beverage to drink.

Well that does it. NY is OFF my list of possible places to live!