PDA

View Full Version : US officials confirm Stuxnet was a joint US-Israeli op

Gina
06-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Link (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/06/01/stuxnet_joint_us_israeli_op/)

Cyberattacks on Iranian nuclear program were a US-Israel effort started under the Bush administration and continued by President Obama, The New York Times reports.

The confirmation from Obama-administration officials that Stuxnet was a joint US-operation comes from extracts from a forthcoming book, Confront and Conceal: Obama's Secret Wars and Surprising Use of American Power, by David Sanger that's due to be published next week.
I guess the term "State Secrets" no longer applies to the USA.

fettpett
06-02-2012, 10:25 AM
Link (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/06/01/stuxnet_joint_us_israeli_op/)

I guess the term "State Secrets" no longer applies to the USA.

Not to Obalhblah

Starbuck
06-02-2012, 11:57 AM
Although I am a great fan of this type of warfare I wish the U.S. would not admit to such things; it make retaliation almost a certainty.
Deny. Deny. Deny.................(Bill Clinton)

Odysseus
06-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Although I am a great fan of this type of warfare I wish the U.S. would not admit to such things; it make retaliation almost a certainty.
Deny. Deny. Deny.................(Bill Clinton)

Exactly.

The question is whether the announcement was to bolster Obama's war on terror cred, or whether it was done because he wants to undermine the Israelis.

Zeus
06-02-2012, 03:29 PM
Exactly.

The question is whether the announcement was to bolster Obama's war on terror cred, or whether it was done because he wants to undermine the Israelis.

Definitely yes to the first & a high probability of a yes to the second.

Gina
06-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Exactly.

Yep, you and Zeus are right. The only thing Obama can point to as even remotely successful is his foreign policy. And he's certainly no fan of the Jooos.
Starbuck is right too, deny deny deny.