PDA

View Full Version : Obama tweets support for Walker opponent on recall eve

SarasotaRepub
06-04-2012, 07:52 PM
WooHoo!!! What a leader!!! (http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002764770)

Mon Jun 4, 2012, 07:39 PM
Ellipsis

Obama tweets support for Walker opponent on recall eve

Last edited Mon Jun 4, 2012, 07:40 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1) (http://www.conservativeunderground.com/?com=thread&address=1002764770&info=1#edits)
It's Election Day in Wisconsin tomorrow, and I'm standing by Tom Barrett. He'd make an outstanding governor. -bo
Barack Obama (@BarackObama) June 4, 2012

:popcorn::rotfl:

fettpett
06-04-2012, 08:25 PM
WooHoo!!! What a leader!!! (http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002764770)

:popcorn::rotfl:

yeah...cuz...you know tweeter is a great stand in for...oh i don't know...actually GOING to the state:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

not to mention Obama hasn't exactly buddied up with Barrett.

course this is the same idiot that thought Granholm was such a great Gov that he made her his economic adviser leading up to his inauguration

Rockntractor
06-04-2012, 09:21 PM
The entire thread warms my widdo heart!http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/heureux/vil-charmeur.gif

SarasotaRepub
06-04-2012, 09:29 PM
The entire thread warms my widdo heart!http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/heureux/vil-charmeur.gif

Hee,hee.

Odysseus
06-04-2012, 09:30 PM
Maybe Obama is trying to be the first virtual president.

Rockntractor
06-04-2012, 09:35 PM
Maybe Obama is trying to be the first virtual president.

You can really feel the love over there tonight, if walker wins tomorrow night will be great, stock up on juice boxes and Cheetos.

Hawkgirl
06-04-2012, 10:02 PM
Debbie Whatshername Schwartz says the outcome is irrelevant. The DNC wants to muzzle her now.

Rockntractor
06-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Debbie Whatshername Schwartz says the outcome is irrelevant. The DNC wants to muzzle her now.

Wouldn't muzzle her, use one of those electric bark collars.

rjas77
06-04-2012, 11:18 PM
NightWatcher (18,023 posts)
2. Wow, a tweet. I hope he didnt wear himself out

I think he should have gotten behind Barrett and tried to start a little momentum going into November, but a tweet is something, right?

Tee-Hee

Gina
06-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Ellipsis (4,664 posts)
5. it's safe

Personally I never wanted Obama to get into the mix here. Wisconsin needs to do this. The last few days have truly painted the GOP tactics for what they are. Unfortunately commercials have gotten in the way of content beyond the point of distraction.

i think turnout will surprise people. We'll find out tomorrow.
Oh dear, a statist? Watch out Ellipsis for the DU dirt nap.

obliviously (1,426 posts)
7. I think you are right.

This was not your run of the mill tweet, caps, punctuation, proper grammar!
I expect record turnout from this alone.
Sarcasm perhaps?

JDPriestly (31,479 posts)
11. What hubris! Wisconsin needs to do this.

That's the way it might appear from Wisconsin, but out here on the West Coast where teachers and other public employees, many too old to get another job but too young for Social Security, have been put out to pasture for what feels like an eternity, Wisconsin was our hope for justice.

And Obama did not support Wisconsin's struggle -- not nearly enough.

If Wisconsin does not recall Walker and if, therefore, Walker succeeds in stopping meaningful union representation, workers across the nation will suffer.

Once you enter into a political battle, you have to win because if you don't, your losses increase. It's much tougher to recoup your gains after a loss.

Obama should have listened much more to his base after he took office. Had he done so, he would not have had such a tea-bagger Congress to deal with.

I like Obama, but he sure has made his share of mistakes. I attribute them to his lack of experience. He almost makes up with it due to his keen feel for strategy and timing. But he needs much more experience.
He can get experience on his own time. RECALL OBAMA! :biggrin-new:

Honeycombe8 (10,585 posts)
29. A sitting President can NOT get involved in a state's recall election.

If you notice, the tweet is in support of Barrett, not in favor of the recall.

If Obama got involved, it would become a national issue, and that's all anyone would ask him about, talk about. That sounds good for Wisconsin, but it's not. And it's not good for the country or the sitting President's agenda to deal with national problems.

The most any sitting President will do in a state's election process is to endorse, which is what Obama's tweet does. Anything more than that, and he's meddling in state government affairs.

When Davis was recalled in CA, you didn't hear Bush make statements about it, although I'm sure he was tickled pink about it and would have wanted to help get Davis recalled. But it was none of his business and outside the parameter of a sitting President's range of duties.

Politically it matters to a sitting President. But legally and ethically, it is none of the President's business that a state's citizens are trying to recall its governor.
At least one DUmmie noticed that Dubya has class and Obama doesn't!