PDA

View Full Version : I encourage Barack to voluntarily pay higher taxes....

OwlMBA
09-18-2008, 11:59 AM
So we all know that Barack wants higher taxes for the eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil, rich people (anyone making over 250k per year). Well, since he makes way, way over 250k per year he falls into the category of folks that he feels are not paying enough in federal tax. So do a lot of his supporters and his VP candidate.

So this is what I propose - voluntarily tax increase. In other words, Barack and his VP and his merry band of supporters voluntarily pay more income tax. Right now. Or, if they prefer not to give it to an administration they do not support, give it to any charity.

I would like to see the liberals put their money where their mouth is. Will they voluntarily give up more of their money, or do they only give it away under threat of imprisonment as is the case with income tax?

sgrooms
09-18-2008, 02:09 PM
Not a snowball's chance in hell. But I like your thinking!

Lager
09-18-2008, 03:23 PM
It doesn't matter if he pays more taxes. Remember the Clintons and cattle futures? These dems could give up their whole paycheck in income taxes, and still remain wealthy. Hell, Obama is close to Soros, there's no way he'll ever be poor again. Once you get to the point where you have connections like these people do, the "official" sources of wealth are just window dressing to keep up the appearance that every thing is legit. Just like mobsters had a doctored set of books for their "legitimate" businesses.

GrumpyOldLady
09-18-2008, 04:05 PM
WONDERFUL IDEA!!

Obama and his Bitter Half - who gets a 300K a year salary based upon her Affirmative Action degree and job - could easily afford to give up a bunch of money to show how 'patriotic' they are.

:p Fat chance!!

enslaved1
09-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Libs never put their money where their mouth is, they put YOUR money where their mouth is. Such a plan certainly shouldn't be limited to Dems, though, and public revelation of their returns or reciepts from charitable givings (to a list of publicly approved organizations, no freaking ELF or Media Matters) would be a requirement.