PDA

View Full Version : The Wealthy Have 'Worked Hard' And Deserve To Keep Their Money

SarasotaRepub
06-09-2012, 04:57 PM
JHC...just all kinds of Teh Stupid in this one. (http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002790365)

Sat Jun 9, 2012, 03:20 PM
Rozlee

The Wealthy Have 'Worked Hard' And Deserve To Keep Their Money

I just finished having a fight with a teabagger relative who is on disability Social Security and is barely making ends meet. She goes to the Church food pantry and collects a little over $90.00 in food stamps.

Life has dealt her a lousy hand. She was a very well-paid nurse practitioner and was pinned under some heavy engine equipment that fell on her from a high shelf at her son's house. The blood vessels in her eyes ruptured after all the hours she was trapped under the equipment and she lost a great deal of her sight. I'm also sure she's suffering from depression and I'm sorry for the fight I had with her, but I'm at my wit's end. I'll call her up later and love up on her. But, for now, as a favorite comic book character of mine used to say,

It's clobberin' time!

I am so freaking sick of this long endless mantra the right has pounded over and over about how the rich deserve their wealth because they HAVE WORKED SO DAMN HARD TO EARN IT.

Oh, like the rest of us don't work hard? Like the rest of us don't deserve to keep our wealth, if we have any? Like our labors aren't comparable to theirs? Like somehow, our work is inferior because it can't buy us country club membership and overseas tax shelters?

Those assholes cheer and applaud a rich guy as a hero that they claim gave up his citizenship to avoid paying his damn taxes. My neighbor's building a pool house and I'm watching right now as the poor guys working on it's new roof sweat in Texas' 90 degree weather. But, nah, doesn't look like they're working that hard. Hey, Mitt, they might even be illegals, y'know, like the ones that worked their butts off landscaping your yard. I saw a lot of men sawing tree branches around the power lines in the hot sun earlier today too. Probably a bunch of slackers. They've probably never worked as hard as Mitt Romney either. I know for a FACT that those firefighters putting out that wildfire down the street by Camp Stanley last year don't know the meaning of a good hard sweat like Mitt Romney does. After Rick Perry cut their funding by 75% just before wildfire season and Mitt wants to do the same, it's only right. They don't know the meaning of hard work anyway.

How does my relative do this? How have they brainwashed her into believing that the government is evil when she is totally dependent on it? When she'd be on the street, well, living on the largess of family, if it wasn't for the government? I pointed out that she's always complaining of how hard her own son is working, sweating in a mechanic's shop ten hours a day. Isn't he working hard? Evidently not as hard as the wealthy. He has no ambition to "better" himself and really do some hard work. The kind that involves air conditioning.

It wasn't always this way. When I was growing up, my elders and betters actually taught many of us that all labor was good as long as it was honest labor. Somehow, along the way, the labors of many of us are now denigrated. "The 47%." If you're not a doctor or a professional, you need to "better yourself." No one used to look down on people because they were a plumber, a taxi driver, or for crying out loud, a firefighter or a teacher. Things have changed a whole, whole lot.

So, next time you see Romney talking to the dittoheads at rallies, that deep pockets then fly him from one chartered or private jet to another; from one sumptuous campaign dinner to a luxury hotel to a different billionaire's fundraiser, just stop for a moment and think. No really, really let it sink in.

This poor sumbitch is one of the hardest workers in the world.

Another Pitt Long one!!!

Gina
06-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Oh, like the rest of us don't work hard? Like the rest of us don't deserve to keep our wealth, if we have any? Like our labors aren't comparable to theirs? Like somehow, our work is inferior because it can't buy us country club membership and overseas tax shelters?
Project much? You and your ilk are so jealous of anyone who makes it in America. It's really sickening. And another thing. Obama is rich, are you mad at him too?

hyp oh crites.

Retread
06-09-2012, 05:20 PM
........ Obama is rich, are you mad at him too?

Nope, he didn't do any work for his.........

SarasotaRepub
06-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Project much? You and your ilk are so jealous of anyone who makes it in America. It's really sickening. And another thing. Obama is rich, are you mad at him too?

hyp oh crites.

Don't you DARE bring up our beloved President you, you, RACIST RETHUG!!!!!!! :curse:

aka:PBS
06-09-2012, 05:41 PM
chaska (6,750 posts)
2. It's not their money....

View profile
All wealth derives ultimately from the earth with help from the sun. It's a closed loop. It's a zero-sum game. To enrich one is to impoverish another - a person, or a "resource"* that belongs to us all, and not who ever claims it first.

The rich are thieves and gluttons.

*I don't like referring to the planets gifts as resources. It implies that they were put there for us to use, first come-first serve and as rapidly as possible.

:asshole:

Gina
06-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Don't you DARE bring up our beloved President you, you, RACIST RETHUG!!!!!!! :curse:

wupsy! http://www.postsmile.net/img/20/2073.gif (http://www.postsmile.com/)

michaelsean
06-11-2012, 11:11 AM

Nobody said the rest don't work hard, and nobody is trying to confiscate their wealth. That's the difference.

Gina
06-12-2012, 08:56 AM
Nobody said the rest don't work hard, and nobody is trying to confiscate their wealth. That's the difference.

Actually, Obama wants to confiscate their wealth.